Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. There's a meme going around that could describe me: "I am a single female who lives alone but according to the back of the box of Kraft Dinner I'm a family of 4"!
  3. I believe they said she was due in August. But I could be wrong.
  4. So, like just about everyone, I didn't completely understand the challenge, but my understanding was that the winning dish appeared super simple, but beneath the surface it ended up being super complex and sophisticated. That's where the duck analogy came from -- ducks look calm and even bored on the surface, but below the surface of the water they're paddling like crazy. This dish appeared to be a cabbage leaf in a bowl of milk, but it was much, much more than that. Is that chaotic? I probably wouldn't use that word, I'd describe it more as deceptive as opposed to chaotic, but I guess the judges liked the interpretation of the assignment. It's certainly not for everyone but I love Kristin's androgynous style. You have to have a very specific look to pull that off. You have to basically be her -- tall, rail thin, sharp facial features, short hair -- for it to work. Put androgynous clothes on someone with an hourglass figure and long hair and it doesn't work as well. Like Padma for instance would never be able to wear that outfit, she was way too voluptuous. Kristin looks very model-esque, like she just walked off a high fashion runway. I agree the pants were too long, when you can't see someone's shoes it makes me think of JNCO jeans from the late 90s, but otherwise I thought she looked fabulous.
  5. Wow, that's pretty gentlemanly! That's not what I call 'em! 🤣
  6. Based on this episode and what her Sheldon-look a like lawyer told her if she pleads guilty, pays a fine and does some community service it all goes away. I thought it was interesting that Mandy's father seemed to be aware of a number of similar establishments in the back rooms of other businesses in Medford. No idea if that reflected the reality of the times or not.
  7. So do I. And my mom has a narrow pelvic canal (which she found amusing, since she has wide hips). So the doctor knew early on I was going to be arriving via C-section. I was born a week before the scheduled surgery, but my mom's regular OB was available. My grandma should have had a C-section with my mom, but they rarely did them back then; it wound up being touch-and-go for both her and my mom, but they were okay in the end.
  8. Dammit. They kill the hot bodyguard. RIP Kamal. 😥
  9. Yaa for the Ace scenes!! But he is so chatty now, he is taking over the scene! Such a cute little man! MB is such a bad actor, did he totally miss his cue when to slam his hand on the desk?? Even SB stopped like he knew that wasn't the right timing but then just kept going. But I guess bad acting MB fits with off-his -meds-acting-erratic Sonny. ETA: how many weeks pregnant is Kristina supposed to be? Is she going to have a giant baby like Esme did?
  10. I think you're probably right about this instance but I still don't like her. She hasn't come off well several times already. I hope she and Kaleena are the next two eliminated. Amen. That sleeveless "suit" might have been cute if the pants hadn't been too long and she had had a turtleneck or something under the jacket. The bra part almost down to her abdomen exposing a large expanse of flat chest wasn't flattering at all. If Padma saw this episode, she's probably still cringing.
  11. For the recent Cold Justice episodes: On "Bound and Gagged" it was absolutely heartbreaking that Derby was finally getting her life together when her sh*t of a husband killed her, and that she pretty much knew that it was going to happen when she tried to leave him. I hate that he got away with it for so long, and while I'm super glad he was arrested, I'm not sure it will ever end up going to trial...it just didn't seem like there was enough evidence to convict. On "Stabbed in the Heart", the minute they said in the very opening, that the son had come to surprise the dad for breakfast on the morning of the graduation, I knew that the son was actually not slated to graduate and was guilty of killing his dad. We have seen time and time again that when a big lifestyle secret is about to be exposed, especially with education, that the secret-keeper will often murder to try to keep the secret. And what was up with the detective woman saying, regarding the fact that a window had been broken, "why would the son need to break the window when he had a key to the house?" I was thinking, "duh, to make it look like a break-in", and really wondered if that dialogue was just scripted for moving the plot along or if she was really that stupid. And then, speaking of stupid, of course it turns out that the window has been broken after the crime was committed, given that the glass was on top of the blood. Reminds me of the one where the glass had been broken from the inside to the outside, so all the glass was outside the house. In that one and this one, the perps were males in the 17-19 age group...not the brightest bulbs in the pack!
  12. He was so over the top today it was ridiculous. Molly mentions that Kristina stopped by after the shower party and he's all, "SHE WAS UP LATE?" Like, bitch please, she's pregnant not under house arrest. Like, have the writers not met any pregnant women? Some of them even work nights. Eesh.
  13. Her choice of hashtags is . . . . interesting 🤦‍♀️😳🤣
  14. That's really funny, because my happy place has been seeing her outlast all of her Nami haters. Fancy, that.
  15. Yes, and I feel embarrassed for everyone involved, especially the writers who had to attach their names to this nonsense. It was just one long cringefest, and I felt like an asshole for asking my husband to watch it with me. The scene where Siobhan and her crew are explaining what they were doing made no sense. She needs Anna to carry a baby that is her egg and her son's sperm because...reasons. She kills Cara Delevigne's character because she followed Siobhan's orders to a T? Anna is able to make it all going away by doing a chant that some ghost whispers into her ear? Why didn't this lady utter that chant before Siobhan and the others gutted her? What was the point of Siobhan's relationship with the Dominic Burgess character? This show needs a long break. It can come back when the writers have some fun ideas. I used to get excited just speculating once the showrunners would confirm the theme for each season. Now I'm worried that they're out of good ideas.
  16. Very disappointing. I have Peacock and will still watch, but this show belongs on network TV and more than 10 episode seasons.
  17. I am tired of cheftestants coming to TC, and saying "Desserts aren't in my wheel house" or "I haven't done a dessert since culinary school". If you want to come to TC and do well, you try a variety of local dishes when you know the location, a variety of dishes including a couple of desserts, and a full menu if you make the finals. I watched the elimination challenge instructions again, and I still don't know what the challenge actually was.
  18. At this point in the game of pre-new era seasons, we had some of the women especially look like death because they’d barely eaten anything but rice and coconut. That was always a tell when people came home and started posting on SM, see how much weight they looked like they lost (many figured Kimmi and Kelley went far on Second Chance because of that). I also don’t know what Liz expected because I can’t remember anyone ever getting special treatment for food. And if she’s ever watched Survivor take place in a tropical setting, she should have known what the main diet was going to be.
  19. Calvada

MLB Thread

Gee, I don't know what all the fuss is about regarding injuries to pitchers. The Brewers have some guy who is making multiple starts during the next week. His name is Undecided. The Brewers have had some odd injuries to their pitchers - Megill concussing himself by fainting after a bout with food poisoning, DL Hall injuring his knee trying to field a bunt, and Jakob Junis, already on the IL with a bum shoulder, took a line drive to the neck during BP. I'm assuming someone choking on their bubble gum in the dugout is next.
  20. I do, and I have from the start. Why? Because he clearly didn't think to practice the other two important elements to Survivor: strategy and social bonds. He couldn't strategize or even socialize for jack shit, and both of those deficiencies did him in.
  21. Yep, I remember that. It was interesting to me because I had never thought about how a bond may be formed between the host and the subjects. Also, it cracked me up thinking about driving on the PCH and just seeing Keith Morrison in the car next to you!
  22. I felt the same way, and was glad that they reduced the charges. However, what was disconcerting, was the thing at the very end about how he is in contact with neither his biological family (like the mom he found out was still alive!) or the stepmother's family (who are the ones who got him out on bail and also picked him up when he was released!). It's great that he's got a girlfriend (supposedly) and that her family likes him (supposedly), but he is incredibly flat in his affect while talking and has, I think, been permanently f*cked up by what his dad did to him, and then the process of what he went through after he murdered him. Also, I was curious why the stepmother didn't take him in when she left.
  23. The article's blurb misrepresented what she said. She said she hopes "every day is torture for him." She didn't wish physical torture on him. And now I feel dirty having to defend Amy. 😀
  1. Load more activity