Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Someone ought to let him know it's about a creature that eats purple people. Purple people like him and his Sentinels. It's about time! No more fainting.
  3. I haven't really been wowed by the food except really Michelle's and...Soo's. His LCK food looked amazing. I know Rasika was doing well, but I felt no mouth-watering hunger looking at the things she made. That makes it hard for me to care that she's gone. I don't know if it's the chef's or a change in production, but the food just doesn't sound incredible and amazing when they describe it. I used to watch TC episodes and just crave the food. That's not happening in the same way this season. The LCK food has looked so much better to me.
  4. This is the part that was a disaster for me. I roasted oiled unpeeled beets in foil and the peels did not come off without a fight. It was a mess. This is from Ina's recipe for roasted beets. I'll be peeling beets prior to roasting from now on.
  5. I also think the guy playing Tate now actually looks his 27 years. He is not at all passing for a teen while Ashley Puzemis does.
  6. I met her at a fan "Meet & Greet" at the 1984 New Orleans World Fair. She was lively and lovely, and unlike the current cast, was immaculately coifed, groomed, and in gorgeous garb. A great memory, that has remained intact for 40 years now!
  7. The panel of Drew, Thomas Lennon, and Weird Al is going into my Top 3.
  8. It’s off-center and dips in the middle. Not to mention she only did a single coat of dark paint over white…it’s bleeding through. The truth here is she just needs to stop.
  9. Plus exposure to modern TV has allowed them to see how views of sex have greatly evolved. Also, as has been mentioned, we don't know every single ghost who is or has been on the property and the secrets the individual ghosts might be harboring. I think that all that resolution stuff is paranormal "expert" guesswork, yet another example of man's need to explain things that he actually can't, and then choosing to follow that reasoning for his own comfort.
  10. I started watching this show this week and made it to "Fishes" - I came here to see if I was the only one who thought it was unwatchable. I'm glad that I'm not the only one! I stopped halfway through and don't think I even want to finish it. Everyone screaming the same thing at the same time for the entire episode (I assume, even though I stopped halfway) was absolutely unnecessary and ridiculous. As an introvert, I just couldn't handle it. The whole show is a lot, but this episode just went to the extreme. I think I'll read a summary online and move on to the next episode.
  11. The only thing I like about that is when she says, "I guess the odor went bye, bye, bye" and the Backstreet Boys jump in with "Nope, not us." And the only reason I like that bit is because I never could (still can't!) remember which boy band was which and what songs they did.
  12. I think a thoughtfully worded "suggestion" of reading the last 2 pages would be helpful. I don't mind when someone posts the same thing I just did. On FanForum (early aughts) my ego would make me respond with something about how if 2 or more of us came up with the same plot theory, it must be true. Now I mostly just mildly hrmph to myself. 😉 What bugs me is when someone posts about how they didn't like something a character did, and then I follow up with a reply about how that wasn't exactly what happened (quoting some throwaway lines that were easily missed), and then, about an hour later, someone else makes the same complaint again, about 2 posts down on the page, often on the only page of posts.😵‍💫
  13. Tonight's challenge was quite fun because at least it was a straight out choice between time or ingredients without the usual auction thing they do (although no doubt that will be back later in the season). A few thoughts... Is it just me or has Andy actually become a proper judge this year now that he's the only one left out of the original "new" three (albeit for a really sad reason in Jock's case)? He's making sense, his critiques are more coherent and he's being helpful. I much prefer the 2024 Andy. I'm hoping the contestants see that the hibachi use is a bad omen. It wrecked Alex's chances last night and this time Sumeet lost 100 Kishwar cool points by using the bloody thing - and, see, she didn't win immunity! Now, an unknown person is using it on Sunday night and maybe if they get kicked off, nobody else will use one this season? Sav sure knows how to make a plate of food look good, doesn't she? Hell, I HATE seafood with a passion but what she plated up looked so yummy that it would almost tempt me into having a taste. Well-deserved immunity because, yes, she strategised it out well. Clever as well as artistic. Poh's performance improved tonight too. It was cool when she showed Steve the pan-lining trick. I think she just has to stop mentioning her own time on Masterchef as much as she does because it was so long ago and it gives the impression that she thinks it's all about her rather than the new hamsters, even if that's not truly how she feels. Andy actually won but he hardly ever mentions his season. My hope for Sunday is that we get to meet the 10 or so contestants who haven't had a second of air time yet, poor buggers!
  14. Me either. I also found an article in the L.A. Times with the creator and author of the book this series was based on from March, and it seems that Mary's testimony was a combination of hers with two other teenagers; so then why the tag at the end that her testimony is available to read at the Archives? And that the theatre they used was set in Philadelphia, because the one here wasn't available for them to use. Seward's attack had left his face disfigured in real life. But yes, I agree about Willie and Tad.
  15. Have they ever had guest judges on this show? I think most knew they were referring to Coachella and who cares whether they called it by name or not..LOL! Some of their "connections" are kind of silly.
  16. Maybe you are right. But it's the only time I recall that they vowed to make changes to prevent it from happening again. So, I suspect something made them feel they had to do damage control. ‘The Amazing Race’: Mine Five Alliance Backlash Might Result in New Rules For Future Seasons
  17. This is why I rarely posted on the Succession or This is Us thread. By the time I watched the episode the morning after it aired there would be multiple pages of posts. Anything I was going to say was already covered. I did enjoy reading the posts though. Other posters would see things I had missed or a poster had an analysis I hadn't previously thought about. I used to think I was the only one getting in trouble. Until I noticed some fellow posters were no longer around but new posters that sounded just like them had suddenly appeared. And then I thought oh I'm in good company.
  18. Am I the only one who instagot the TS of Abstract Expressionism? Cool. 😎 $2K (FWIW) And I guess I'm also the only one who f'loved the new champ because I related to her story of having had so many addresses. Maybe @Clanstarling too? Plus, she's cute as a bug's ear; she strongly resembles one of my work-daughters. I would hope she could stay on J! long enough to get the recognition one cannot achieve when nobody in the neighborhood knows you, but probably not? Wait. I just noticed Amy Hummel is an ER doc. 🙌 I only got as far as "Blimp" for FJ. *sigh*
  19. I will say the last shot was interesting. Holding the baby and the award and having a conflicted look on her face.
  20. its almost like you blocked out all of the culture of his because it doesn't matter how old he gets his mom and grandmother will always have an input
  21. Regular posters cannot see any warnings you have received. That is between you and the mods. The downside to this is that you will never know if a person you reported for whatever reason has gotten a warning. I have never had a mod reach out to follow up on any report that I have done.
  22. I got a warning back during the pandemic for mentioning that my state had issued a mask mandate on the grounds that I was discussing politics. I did not mention anything political at all. It was just a simple statement. I got another permanent warning telling me that a temporary warning issued to me previously was now becoming a permanent one. So two for the price of one!
  23. It really wasn't. It was fun because we got to snark on shows and I made some good online friends. Plus the wonderful snarky recappers. Omar who recapped Smallville for most of its run; and Jacob. No rules, you get chaos.
  1. Load more activity