Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. LVP, you are one of the reasons Sandoval has become so arrogant, and feels he can keep you waiting for thirty minutes.
  3. I really like Amanda but really thing that the tech team for International act like a bunch of egotistical stuck up snobs. Sure Powell was a jerk but really the tech team didn't show him any respect talking in another language. The tech team could learn a thing or two from the FBI mother ship tech team in NYC of Elise, Ian, and Kelly. All three are also very nice people it seems.
  4. Sam needed to know because Hetty might start having flashbacks now that she stopped repressing her memories. I think Alberta instead of Issac should have heard Hetty's story so she knows why she kept the truth hidden for so long. Hetty considers Sam the daughter she never had.
  5. Damn you Star Wars and Palpatine for making me cry. Those poor kids. That poor baby. Damn you Bane I hated you for doing that the first time around. I had hoped he never would again. While I figured the experiment was something like that I assumed they were using adults. I don't know why. Those poor, poor kids.
  6. I would totally adopt The Edge from the band U2 just 'cause of its name :D. But awww, all those cute dogs... And Daniel was a fun guest to help with that as well. He seems like such a lovely person.
  7. Gosh darn it - GH! I'm liking you again. There's a late 80s and early 90s vibe now, especially with the organic cast integration. Had Dante and Finn ever shared a scene before? Even with Dante's many hospitalizations? Even the behavior of un-likable characters is more realistic now. The teasing banter among the Carlys and Dumbledore seemed like a real family dynamic. Such conflict here. Although Carly Sr. is a succubus, LW is a stunningly beautiful woman - who could blame Jagger? And they were clearly feeling each other today. Was so worried we'd get Jasus and She-Beast Part III. Re: Ava - hard to say what her real game is but damn - unlike a few here, those bangs have done wonders for her, dramatically softening her face and flattering the unique contours of her face. As one of the few Lucas Lorenzo Spencer fans on this site, it feels good to me. Will never get over that his character appears to be really, truly dead. In an off-screen totally pointless death that didn't advance any particular narrative. However, IRL, even Luke detractors wouldn't want to see him as a feeble geriatric walking with a cane.
  8. I thought one of the dogs today would be named Sirius, especially if it was black.
  9. The talking fruit and vegetables was hilarious. The thirteen month old isn't born yet? What the hell? As for the rest. Yep, denying coverage for people who need it while those who don't can rob Medicaid for millions for years. Different program but same result. I'm so tired of it. But it will never change.
  10. I've never thought much of the Daytime Emmys or any awards show, to be honest. Judging what's "best" always seems so subjective and so many other factors come into play. That being said, the Daytime Emmys are even more suspect these days, with only 4 shows left to choose from. I think the awards pretty much end up being attendance awards, everybody getting one eventually just for being around.
  11. I think Emily's purported fondness for one night stands = what is meant by Emily "sleeps around" and the root of Brennan's issue with her. I remember him saying it early on during their honeymoon and have always felt it was what turned him off. (At the time it seemed like she had told him that - now we find out it was one of her "friends" who told him at the wedding). If he doesn't want a girl who's into one night stands - to me that's the sort of thing that should be discovered in the "extensive personality testing" that the "experts" supposedly do. I do believe that he told her that off camera and she refused to believe it, and he felt it would be rude to say it on tv. Cameron continues to lie - loved his tears for Pepper, and her eyeball roll 😄 I was really hoping for Lauren to talk about Orion setting her up with the "redskin" comment. I did enjoy her telling Cam to step off 🤣
  12. All I remember is that early on, Xander said his mother was a hopeless alcoholic who was pretty much emotionally absent, though he didn't put it exactly that way. That's all I remember hearing.
  13. I don't know much about show history - is it possible they took out an equity loan or second mortgage at some point and he's still paying that off? What gets me is if Dan is 70 he could have been collecting his full Social Security for a few years now and could have been applying that to paying down the mortgage. I get putting off collecting while he's working to let the SS payment increase, but only a percentage of SS income is taxed so that would have helped. And if you're paying off something that's costing you interest for a few years with it that also helps. What I want to know is do school cafeterias these days serve fresh hand-formed hamburgers? Is that something I missed? Because in my experience they usually served either fresh or frozen fully-formed patties, the kind with the paper between them.
  14. Yap, yap, yap, cry, cry cry! These bitches need to get a grip! 😅 If they're all saying that the guys are "hideous" and "out of their league" then why do they act so betrayed by them? Move on, girls! Their friendship is built on hate and anger- that's healthy 😏. I bet they'll get BFF group tattoos in the where are they now episode.
  15. No it wasn't. Even non-famous abuses very rarely went to jail for that crime. No one cared not the police who very rarely even arrested anyone and not the courts who dismissed the charges or find them not guilty. There was a guy who abused his wife in my town around the same time as the trial he ended up taking his wife and kid hostage and threatening to kill them. He got four months of anger management because the judge felt no one was hurt.
  16. Eh, I think it made sense that Sam would be there. Partly because I think the ghosts are just used to looking to her to know what to do and how to respond when faced with something difficult (as they did when trying to figure out how to save Fower), and I think that's what Isaac was thinking here, too, and partly because I think she needed that support from both a friend and a family member. Especially when you consider how so much of her family lineage has...not turned out the best. I think she needed that support from a family member who's a genuinely caring, empathetic, good-hearted person. And I think Sam realized the importance of learning this detail about her ancestor's past as well. It may help explain a few more things for her about Hetty as a person and about the Woodstone family history in general and so on.
  17. Godsdamn, this was old-school Ghosts. This season has not been bad, far from it, but it hasn't matched the firing on all cylinders brilliance of the first two seasons until tonight. Its biggest flaw was repeatedly using "cement" when they meant concrete and then only finally getting it right in one line (cement is an ingredient in concrete, which is what was getting poured). That's a personal pet peeve, yet a flaw I can easily dismiss with for how terrific this was. All of us who figured Stephanie's boyfriend was the one who actually got sucked off are proven right, yet that was such a blip in the episode. (A blip that gave me a chuckle in the flashback, where her reaction was "Seriously?!" then "That was rude" and immediately followed by "I'm going back to sleep".) Because, my stars, the reveal of Hetty's death. Her accidental OD celebrating Elias's death explanation was great on its own, but then to find out that's a cover for the real story, and why? Just perfect, and a fantastic weaving in of the stuck in a hole story, to explain why Thor, Sas, and Isaac not only didn't know about Elias's vault (I freely admit I did not pick up on that at the time), but didn't know about Hetty's death. Isaac's non-verbal reaction when she reveals her ghost cord to save Flower, while everyone else is focused on Flower, was so fitting their relationship, as was him telling Sam and bringing her to talk to Hetty. Isaac and Hetty are two of the most myopic ghosts, but they're getting there, and, as they do, their love for each other has always been a bright spot. And then the classic sprinkling of great lines throughout, the little moments, like Sas protesting he is "literally the storyteller" when Isaac takes over, Trevor saying having to pull, not push, is his greatest challenge yet, Thor's inadvertent "she said 'I'm well'" reveal of where Flower is, and "Pull the plug and save our girl, you miserly bastard" when it turned out the ghosts don't show on Facetime so their only hope was Jay not wanting to spend the money to fill in the well. Plus it leaves open the possibility to later come across the Puritan ghost wandering the dirt, on a show that perpetually has to work to explain the appearance - and disappearance - of additional ghosts the longer it goes on. Fantastic episode.
  18. Yeah, I'd love to see a list of "venues" on Danny's super awesome not-to-be-missed tour. The Villages? Um, I'm thinkin' more like nursing homes. Anyone remember "Soapdish", where Kevin Kline's character is so down & out, he's performing in nursing homes? And they're yelling, while he's performing, "What did he say?" And screaming at him to talk louder. Me thinks that's the reality of Danny's tour . . . I also thought that doc was soooo emotionless & cold & clinical, she seemed right out of a Twilight Zone ep. But then I thought this lady seems so AI generated. What if those 2 dummies left the kid at some fake place? I guess the PSA means no, but I have my doubts. Uh-oh, that would mean I agree with Adam, and worlds may have just collided.
  19. I hear you. It bothered me that Sam came in with Isaac to talk to Hetty at the end. I thought it would have been a stronger underscore to their friendship if it had just been the two of them. She didn't serve a purpose, since she and Isaac basically said the same things.
  20. Sam's hair definitely wasn't that curly. When I saw the texture, I immediately thought it was the Black man Stabler had a run-in with. I think the show wanted to leave room for doubt. No, Elliot was a Marine and realized he had served with that guy's dad. Since his dad is deceased, he's not able to ask him about that guy "Hank" he served with. But Elliot tapped into the parts of his story that are true and got the guy to trust him. In typical Stabler fashion, he's pretty close to people who could easily recognize him or be suspicious enough to look into him. But he's so endearing and good and forming bonds with people, that they take him at his word. But I'm always afraid someone will recognize him - not just from the news, but from his actual life as a lifelong NYC resident, cop, etc. Not sure yet what Joe Jr.'s situation is beyond the fact that he's using. I think that fancy place is a hotel and his brothers broke into his safe - was his cash there and that's why he shook down his poor mom?
  21. I'll stick up for him here - apparently he told her that he had learned that in church, but SHE was the one fixated upon it with tears in her eyes. And brought it up a couple times, with the comment that she has a problem with Christians over this, and then mocked it after they had broken up. IMO she was the one with the religious hangup, not Austin, - and yes, they never should have been matched because of that.
  22. I don’t feel sorry for her. If Maggie is going to be this stupid about Kon, I hope he takes every penny she has.
  23. I'm doing my first watch of the show after putting it off. I got through season one and am halfway through season 2. It's picked up a bit but... ...its not very good. The characters aren't vibrant and loveable or compelling. I applaud that ASP is doing something different from Gilmore Girls, but the gap between these shows in terms of appeal is huge. The costumes and sets and extras are all great. That's it. They overuse vintage music every episode, but it can't hide the fact that there is no engine moving things forward. Maisel has a silly quest to become a comedian. I really don't buy that she needs it to be happy. And her comedy sets aren't very funny. She mostly complains needlessly about her almost perfect life as a laugh track plays between remarks. I used to LOL during GG at the great comedic timing and dialogue gags in scene after scene. There was no shortage of funny stuff. Here, not so much. Her father is not landing at all. He seems mean and if I'm supposed to find his career or intensity endearing, I don't. Her mother and rich friends are fine but again, there were one-off characters on GG that made more of an impression than these characters collectively do. Madeline and Louise were hilarious compared to Maisel and her pals. I like her husband/ex-husband, he plays his part well, but he's not funny either. Just believable. Borstein is extremely talented but her character isn't given much to work with besides swear words and a chaste lesbian lifestyle. She's trying her best, but its weird seeing her never land anything through no fault of her own. The plunger is cute....for a second. Then she's back to nothing. And back to Maisel...is it supposed to be funny the way she completely ignores her own kids? I'm not laughing. Seriously, what's wrong with you lady? I'm starting to think this series got a lot of praise to make up for the awards ASP never won for GG. Does it get much better? No spoilers please.
  24. As someone who just made tres leches cake, I'm so confused how Laura had $150 for her dish. Tres leches is a pretty cheap cake to make. I'm guessing its just the added booze? Or she decided to go with really expensive cream and milk? Like there is just no way a tres leches cake should be that expensive.
  25. Why did they even bring Carol in, though? She was only in one episode since she died, and I didn't think it really advanced anything.
  1. Load more activity