Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. IMO, Duggars are Uber fundie and Vuolos are only partially doctrinally fundy.
  3. All I got is that Lady Mariko was signaling that she would lead a fight meanwhile the palace guard had to pretend that we are just police here there is no battle.
  4. I know! I spent the entire episode wondering when they were going to mention the history of the Harvey Houses! And it was even at a train station! Most of them are in the SW - I've eaten at the one in Winslow. Was this a real one?
  5. I've always thought Joy just wanted to be on tv. She's spent a lot of money to look that good and she wants the world to see it and appreciate it. And she's also NOT going to hide away on a farm! Has anyone from FWAW ever ended up on any of the other "dating" shows, like Perfect Match or Love Island?
  6. South Park is wonderful when it is at its best. And surprisingly insightful. The show is slowly rounding into form, now that Clown Jesus is dead.
  7. I loved that she didn't know what the ringing noise was because no one's ever called before. Okay, I need to look for this, too. Thank you. 💙
  8. I twigged to it when she casually mentioned accidentally OD'ing. My immediate thought was it was not so accidental. Turns out I was wrong about manner of death. And the well becoming a metaphor for depression - *this* was the amazing writing that's been missing all season long! On a lighter note, the show is really going out of its way to hide Rose's pregnancy - except when it's not. Hidden behind the car door to buried under a fluffy comforter to standing in the middle of the room with nothing blocking her.
  9. Oh, this is sad news. Beautiful voice. Lovely person. From Deadline: Mandisa Dies: ‘American Idol’ Contestant And Grammy-Winning Christian Music Artist Was 47
  10. For some reason the events of the episode bring to mind an Onion style headline: "Food Scientists Announce the Successful Addition of a Fourth Leche to Cake"
  11. Toranaga is lucky that Ishido is truly the biggest moron in the whole of Japan. The plot was basically "Why don't the hostages just ask to leave, are they stupid?". The idea that every noble family in Osaka would be up in arms if Ishido of the Idiots called Mariko's bluff is beyond laughable. These people live in a society where taking hostages is considered a perfectly normal move in the game of thrones, so to speak. Tokugawa Ieyasu himself spent years as a hostage when he was a child. Saying it out loud doesn't change the reality of the situation - that might makes right and taking hostages is considered fair game. Ishido allowing the "hostages" to have guards with full armor while his own men were unarmored was pretty funny in a so bad it's good kind of way. Typical cheap twist. Subvert the expectations and all that jazz. If anything, Toranaga pretending to be beaten makes it less likely that the families of the hostages will flock to his side now or dare to demand their freedom from Ishido of the Idiots. What happened to Ochiba's burning hatred for Toranaga? In the last two episodes she is all "yeah, whatever, boys playing their games of war, I have better things to do"? Her bond with Mariko was portrayed well but her behavior as the power behind the throne seems rather inconsistent. The show is pretty good in terms of characterization. Political intrigue... not so much.
  12. I will need to rewatch it too. I have family visiting, so I had to watch it in a hurry and missed some of the dialogue. It was an awesome episode though. Heartbreaking, but it adds another layer to Hetty's character. ams1001, hugs and I hope you're feeling better soon.
  13. Not an expert here, but my impression is that there is indeed a difference. I had a friend from work who sold Avon years ago. She would let people know once, and she would never bring it up again. I have no issue with that. My sister was loosely friends with a girl who promoted herself as a makeup artist and said she'd love to give my sister a free makeover for her birthday. My sister brought me along, and of course, this chick didn't do anything but talk about Mary Kay and try to sell products. I don't think the products were outrageously expensive or anything, but still an icky experience. Now with Anyway, I've read so many horror stories where people lose thousands of dollars. Some of the people at the top may make great money, but I don't know how they can sleep at night when the people they recruit lose money. I can see a good person giving the company a chance not knowing what they're getting themselves into, but once you're deep into it, how do you not know? The girl I know who swears up and down she's not a pushy salesperson is quick to suggest others should "start their own business" with her. She randomly brings up Amway products and insists they're such good quality. I'm sorry, but if I want to save, I'm buying CoverGirl. If I want to splurge, perhaps I'll treat myself to some Charlotte Tilbury. Why the heck would I be interested in this Artistry brand I never heard about until now? Don't know a single other friend, family member, coworker, makeup artist, or beauty influencer who uses it. And not interested in the Nutrilite either. If someone wants to sell some reasonably priced products for a side hustle to make money, more power to you. It's not for me, but I can see it as an ethical way to make money so long as you don't mislead people into situations where they feel pressure to purchase stuff they don't want. Amway just seems to be the worst. There are lot of YouTube videos and podcasts about it. They seem to prey on people who are vulnerable and desperate to make money. Even if the company did have some good products, I do not want to support the sleaze. I tend to avoid all similar businesses at all costs, but I'm not entirely opposed to purchasing a Mary Kay eye pencil or makeup remover. I just wouldn't buy anything from someone who is misleading about it. You casually let me know you sell something? Okay, no problem. I'll think about it. You don't even say what the heck it is you do but pretend to be a makeup artist or give free facials or something just to get me there to buy stuff, nope.
  14. I am waiting for the jail tape to be excluded by the next judge becasue the DA's office told the husband that charges would be dropped
  15. I think the editing led some of us (including me) to think Brennan was horrible to Emily. However, the reunion shows seem to reveal that Brennan had some valid concerns. He thought she was negative while she insisted she was the most positive person she knew. But, in this episode she was very negative while stating she was positive (and if she's the most positive person she knows I wonder about her circle of friends [but, then again, we did see her friends tell some negative things to Brennan at the wedding and we saw them on attack mode during their housewarming party, so maybe she is the most positive person she knows). I think Emily and Clare were really given unrealistically sympathetic edits that hid some of their more positive, er, negative traits. I also think they hid a lot about Cameron but were wary of his medical issues.
  16. Fukui San

NHL Thread

Utah Utahns? Utah Elders? Utah Missionaries?
  17. Whoa, that never occurred to me before now. I hope JG isn't pulling that sh!t. Substituting an AI-generated character for a real actor is like stealing money from all the actors who could've performed the role. (IMO, of course; I know mileage varies widely on the AI issue.) Probably because he doesn't see a problem with the way he looks. Apparently the guy in his mirror is the 1989 Danny from the Rock On music video. 🙄
  18. Bradon Routh will be getting an award at the Julien Dubuque International Film Festival 2024, April 24-28, 2024 (Dubuque, IA)... The Julien Dubuque International Film Festival 2024 Lineup and Honors Brandon Routh with Creative Visionary Award Lynk PR April 18, 2024 https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/704178105/the-julien-dubuque-international-film-festival-2024-lineup-and-honors-brandon-routh-with-creative-visionary-award
  19. As a Real Housewives addict, this episode was hysterical. They really captured the Real Housewives and how it is produced.
  20. Brandon Routh will be getting an award at the Julien Dubuque International Film Festival 2024, April 24-28, 2024 (Dubuque, IA)... The Julien Dubuque International Film Festival 2024 Lineup and Honors Brandon Routh with Creative Visionary Award Lynk PR April 18, 2024 https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/704178105/the-julien-dubuque-international-film-festival-2024-lineup-and-honors-brandon-routh-with-creative-visionary-award
  21. Oh, yes, his books are very lengthy. I'd say it takes me up to a month to finish one ~500 pages book for me these days (if there are no interruptions; but since generally there are [interruptions] - it takes even longer. I think I began to read it in January, and now it's almost middle of April lol).
  22. andromeda331

Gymnastics

I'm shocked that Oklahoma was knocked out. But they had a brutal vault and beam. Alabama also had a brutal meet. Even Luisa Blanco fell off the beam. Alabama and Oklahoma have been getting 99.00 scores this season and a few 199.00. I was hopinig they kept getting higher. That's really rare. It would be great to see that at the final. I'm excited that Cal made it to final. I hope they win. But Florida, LSU and Utah are tough competition. As much as I love those teams I'd love Cal to win.
  23. The victim spent 12 years in prison from a bad ID and here Shaw and Riley flirted with Fontana level moving the needle with the six pack photos when Wu said nothing about a bald guy. All they had was he bought a jacket and that went to trial.
  24. The issue may have been that she ONLY has had one night stands and no serious relationships. Which may be fine in your early 20s. But by 30, that's a serious red flag when considering a long term relationship. Man or woman.
  1. Load more activity