Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Ottis

S02.E08: Halo

I came around to really dig this series after a slow start… until the end. Up until then it had a Space: Above & Beyond feel. The parasite/zombie stuff was a disappointment. I don’t know the video game mythology, but “fighting” a parasite is rarely interesting. It only works if the parasite is sentient and we can understand its goal and strategies beyond “spread.” Otherwise it is like watching people fight a flood.
  3. Makes sense. Jesse Palmer was Canadian, but he’d also already been working in the US for a while before the show.
  4. This is fun! Am I the only one picturing Esther getting distracted by trying to dust the forest? Diane ~~~~~~~~~~ Sally ~~~~~~~~~~ Sharon ~~~~~~~~~~ Mariah ~~~~~~~~~~ Lily ~~~~~~~~~~ Nina ~~~~~~~~~~ Lauren ~~~~~~~~~~ Nikki
  5. Remembering that Magellan got killed in what became the Philippines I do wonder what kind of pensions they had for the families of the officers and crew as many like most of Blackthorne's colleagues would never return home. Their mission being more going on a war patrol than on a peacetime merchant run in casualty rates. The investments made being made for a squadron going into the unknown with a letter to plunder the Spanish was probably done with gambling money. That the kingdoms rarely hit but had the opportunity to strike it rich. As the Anjin is not all in with the "savages" and still see's some of their ways as just as barbaric Japanese see the Europeans ways is a reason to leave. But most of all in every situation we have seen Blackthorne in he performs with a we don't leave our people behind type ethic. And at every opportunity as the senior surviving officer of his ship he asks about his remaining crew. It is as much his duty to try to get them home as it is for Lady Fuji to be the best consort that she can be. Considering Lady Fuji's conversation with her uncle I am thinking the 6 months she bargained down to was with the fear that the hatamoto would demand the pillowing that is part of the gig if demanded. Fouling the kitchen being a relatively minor concern
  6. I'd go far, far in the opposite direction. I can't believe she fucked Schwartz, because he is such a miserably worthless idiot child.
  7. I was thinking that, too. This seems like a project that would work best in the hands of a professional. I'm not sure Chloe has what it takes to make her dream a success. I also think there's something off-putting about the way she seems to view foster kids; she probably likes the idea of "rescuing" them, but hasn't really thought through how to truly be a good parent to them.
  8. That's one of the reasons why the idea of a Young Avengers team doesn't really work for me in the MCU. Kate is probably around 25 now. By the time a movie actually happens she will probably be close to 30 so hardly what I would call a "young" avenger. And since you don't have that sliding timeline like the comics do, since actors age,and movies take a long time to come out you only really get one shot to make a movie about young heroes since by the time you make the sequel they are just more heroes.
  9. Regarding the veg cheese, I say give it to Mo and you feast on the items that suits YOUR palate!
  10. I gather Ariana doesn't care if they're filmed at the same function, she just doesn't want to interact with him. I don't blame her. Now that she's moving out, she won't have to see if her friends visit with him, because she's not in the house. I also understood when she said she knows Tom will manipulate any friend of hers to get information on what's going on in her life. Nor will she have to listen to anyone relaying "a message from Tom".
  11. When Michael woke her up in that pink shirt, he basically told her he was out. I do think her mentioning her foster/animal rescue plans scared him off. By the way, is an animal sanctuary a good idea for potentially troubled children? I could see it being therapeutic but still possibly a problem. Nevertheless, this put Michael off. He’s not a giving person. He is self absorbed which is why he dresses so hideously, does his hair like that, has ugly tattoos and piercings. He needs constant attention because if he dressed like a normal person, nobody would look twice at him. His values are what’s in his closet. He does not really want a wife and certainly not a family. He was a total waste this season.
  12. These two have been married for two years.Two years and two kids yikes 😬
  13. I took the advice of MARK CONSUELOS!!!!! and decided I'd listen to Kellmeeee's podcast and her guest Kyle Richards but fell asleep almost as it started. Don't know if I'll finish it since I've already found out that Kyle again dances around the question or her relationship with Morgan. Anyway, the tidbit that was most glaring to me was between Kelllmeee and one of her yappers that sits with her. As they discussed Kyle and her possible relationship with Morgan, Kelllmeee intimated that she would welcome -- "I'm here for it" -- a dalliance between she and the girl sidekick and that MARK CONSUELOS!!!! would welcome it and be turned on by it! On another note with her podcast, I know it's been discussed before, but her speech, diction, pronunciation, whatever you want to call it, is so different as she broadcasts this podcast that I can't even believe it's Kelllmeeee. I don't know if she took elocution lessons before she took this new endeavor on or what but she sure sounds so different. Happy Easter!!
  14. The NCIS Franchise’s 1,000th Episode: See First Photo, Get Air Date and All Casting News BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH MARCH 28, 2024 https://tvline.com/lists/ncis-franchise-1000th-episode-date-spoilers-casting-news/
  15. Thank goodness Ariana's clever enough to say Yes, and jump on any and every opportunity that arises. She could of hidden herself away to lick her wounds, but she acted like a boss bi++h. I'm reminded of Luann from RHONY as she is always hustling and agreeing to every role and attending events even if it's just to the opening of an envelope. LOL
  16. RETROSPECS https://www.elysiantheater.com/shows/retrospecs0421
  17. Milburn Stone

MSNBC

I agree. I don't blame her (although I hate her). NBC asked for this.
  18. Have you ever noticed that when Tim and Veronica are providing video commentary, they are usually condescending or mocking the couples. Tim always assumes the foreign women are Gold diggers, or after a Visa/citizenship and foreign men want a work visa so they can move on.. In short,foreign fiances aren't to be trusted...
  19. Allen got himself captured so he can find out what happened to Omni-man. If Allen can't bring back Invincible, maybe he can bring back Omni-man to fight in the rebellion.
  20. tres bien

MSNBC

It's so idiotic that NBC hired Ronna considering how toxic her remarks about MSNBC and the hosts in particular have been as RNC chair. There are a slew of current and former Republicans that work for MSNBC so finding a legitimate voice on the right wouldn't have been too hard. I don't know how much she will achieve in suing but NBC will now have to sleep in the bed they made
  21. I don’t like any of the new interns and none of them hold my interest like the original MAGIC. I really can’t stand Mika and her entitled ranting all the time. Meredith is weird now; she stands around like people are only there to admire her for five minutes and then walks away. Still like Hunt, Weber and Bailey.
  22. Wow, I never knew that, I was a teen then but don't remember commercials etc. Yes, some replicas are gorgeous and that guy had many asking if they could pay for their own but I'm sure it takes a lot of time and labor. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1406152457/the-waltons-farmhouse-dollhouse-action
  23. I mean, if they bring anybody back, they should bring back housemates from the 2020 season. They deserve the chance to play a full season.
  24. On the second watching it does play like Lady Mariko was mad that she wasn't married off directly to someone of Lord Toranaga's clan, or another of the highest rank that her father held, instead of being married down to a son of a lower ranked vassal.
  25. Just came across this again. Truly a reminder that when it comes to this show to be careful what you wish for...
  1. Load more activity