Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. andromeda331

Gymnastics

I'm shocked that Oklahoma was knocked out. But they had a brutal vault and beam. Alabama also had a brutal meet. Even Luisa Blanco fell off the beam. Alabama and Oklahoma have been getting 99.00 scores this season and a few 199.00. I was hopinig they kept getting higher. That's really rare. It would be great to see that at the final. I'm excited that Cal made it to final. I hope they win. But Florida, LSU and Utah are tough competition. As much as I love those teams I'd love Cal to win.
  3. The victim spent 12 years in prison from a bad ID and here Shaw and Riley flirted with Fontana level moving the needle with the six pack photos when Wu said nothing about a bald guy. All they had was he bought a jacket and that went to trial.
  4. The issue may have been that she ONLY has had one night stands and no serious relationships. Which may be fine in your early 20s. But by 30, that's a serious red flag when considering a long term relationship. Man or woman.
  5. My understanding is that he writes a general outline of the plot. Then the co-author writes almost everything. He probably reads it and perhaps makes some edits, but it seems the actual writing is almost entirely done by the co-author. He puts both their names on it. With his name on it, it is almost guaranteed to sell well. I am very curious about the profit split, but we will probably not ever be privy to how those negotiations work. I guess for the co-author, it works, because otherwise the co-author may not have been able to get a book contract. So for a newbie author, it's a matter of giving him a large portion of profits or not getting published at all. What I'm wondering is that some of these people have been co-authors with him for years and years and have many books now with him. Can't they break off on their own and secure their own contract? I wonder if there are provisions in the contract that Patterson signs with each co-author that prevent that. I find it disingenuous that he continues to insist that he is the world's most prolific author when he actually doesn't do the writing. I suppose in his mind if he edited one paragraph in the book, that's enough to justify that he "co-wrote" it. I suppose his ego won't allow the co-author's name to be listed first. The only books that he seems to solo write alone are the Alex Cross books. I've long wanted to read James Clavell. As a kid I always looked at my dad's copy of Shogun and thought that one day I would read it. Still have yet to do so, I'm probably turned off by the extreme length. Too much to read, too little time!
  6. Precisely. I was kind of stunned at Amber's hysterics at the thought of leaving Angie behind, too. She does realize that *Vinny* is her teammate, not Angie, right? Maybe she was over-emotional in the heat of the moment (or maybe I'm just a stone-cold bitch), but I thought her tears and hand-wringing were unwarranted. Give the lady a hint, a hug, and an encouraging pat on the back, then get the hell out of there and raaaaaaace. Sheesh.
  7. That doesn't seem legal, but it's not as if this show is ever concerned with legalities.
  8. Not a Wisconsinite but a frequent visitor years ago when it was my assigned sales territory. Visited many a supper club. All had menus and felt very much like a typical mom & pop restaurant. The biggest draw I recall was that the pricing, particularly the drinks. Much cheaper than at the national chains. Reminded me a bit of the local pub vibe in the UK.
  9. I don’t think he was slut-shaming her. In one of the Afterparty episodes, he said he questioned if she was ready for marriage given that she had no relationship experience. He mentioned the one-nighters but also said he wondered if she was ready - the one-nighters were part of the evidence of her lack of long-term experience. I think if she’d had one nighters AND some relationship experience (as many of us have) and he focused on the one-nighters, then I think he’d be slut-shaming, but he didn’t do that. He also described her as draining, which I think had more to do with her drinking. We heard him say he found her to be negative (which the show backed up with a clip of her talking shit about Chloe and Michael), and he said this episode that he wasn’t attracted to her (which she said she didn’t believe, which … what?), pointing out that one can recognize that someone is attractive (and I don’t think Emily is particularly attractive) and not be attracted TO them, which is something I say all the time. Brad Pitt has never done anything for me, for example. In other words, I think Brennan disliked a lot about Emily, not just her sexual history. And I’m not even sure he disliked her sexual history; he just questioned if she was ready for marriage, which IMO is fair. It didn’t even sound like she had “situationship” history; it sounded like she’s never had more than two dates with the same guy. Virginia on … wherever that season was questioned herself if she was ready because she’d been single and “promiscuous” (her word, not mine) since college. I think it’s a reasonable concern.
  10. Whee! I'd love to see Ashley's mean alter do that song. But sorry, Chaka Khan and her 1970s big hair says "Don't even try it.": And Whitney's ghost says, "Chaka Khan, Chaka Khan!"
  11. She went to jail for withholding the orchid that could have saved Marlena, Kate and Kayla. Once they all died she was charged with some sort of negligence causing death, but when they all sprang to life she was still in jail. She blackmailed her way out using Megan to get a full pardon. She also went to jail for stabbing Victor, I don't remember how she got absolved of that one
  12. None of the above! She is a thorn in the side of every viewer.
  13. I was thinking more like its been 15 years, after J. Edgar Hoover we don't let top cops stay in place forever anymore.
  14. Aren't most cases tried on this level of evidence? I do agree the witness was terrible, and I don't think the show quite dug into that enough, and the resolution was pretty bad. I knew the wife did it as soon as she got in Shaw's face at her apartment. And then we saw only the husband in the traffic photo. Once again the order side of things was pretty sloppy.
  15. When Hetty got the phone call, I was sure it was going to be for an extended warranty!
  16. With regards to the suggested sexism of Brennan not being interested in Emily based on her sexual past…if I came on the show as a bride and the experts fixed me up with a groom who had NEVER been in a relationship, and was described as a party boy who had a history of one night stands, (and as best I can recall with Emily, made comments emphasizing that about themself at the wedding), I’d be pretty damn wary of the experts’ choice for me too. If that person then turned out to be as unrealistic and vindictive as Emily has shown herself to be lately, I’d have shut down too. And I say that as someone who never liked the Brennan I saw on tv. All that said, I’ve felt Claire was the main instigator on the women’s side. And it doesn’t take much to get Emily to explode. I wish Becca had kept her distance from them. They seem to have dragged her into their crap. On the men’s side, Cameron is really mean and vindictive. The way he spent the first part of the reunion trashing Claire, but then said he wanted to get back together with her, with a smile that looked both triumphant and vicious was really messed up.
  17. IMO Rayner is not an asshat the way Jelllico and Shaw were asshats, I think he's a good person. Being gruff does not automatically make a person bad. I know a lot of gruff yet nice people IRL. Rayner's method of interviewing the crew was unusual, but demonstrated that he genuinely cares about and is interested in the crew. Rayner is a great addition to the crew, and Michael made a good decision to make him her XO. I look forward to seeing what he does next.
  18. ‘Suits: L.A.’ Pilot Sets John Amos, Victoria Justice & Kevin Weisman As Guest Stars By Rosy Cordero Apr 18, 2024 https://deadline.com/2024/04/suits-l-a-pilot-cast-john-amos-victoria-justice-kevin-weisman-1235889546/
  19. Someone has to make them. Maybe she figured she could help the restaurant while also helping the cafeteria.
  20. I remember that. People and reporters went on forever about her haircut saying so many horrible things about it.
  21. I have been reading James Clavell's Tai-Pan: Book One (1999). It is set somewhere around the period, where the English began their Opium Wars with China, and follows the adventures of Dirk Struan - a smuggler-slash pirate-slash merchant wanting to be on top of everybody else, but running in to some financial trouble, and is forced to seek aid from local pirate and slum lords for funding... That's the general premise of it. Forty or so pages left until the end. I don't know, as I'd rate his previous book "Shogun" an 8 or 9 out of 10, this one I'd rate a 6 or 7 out of 10. More or less the same as "Shogun", but is very drama centred; almost no action whatsoever. P.S. I also have been reading some older DC (1987-2008 currently) and Marvel (1962-1966 currently) comics, but I doubt that this is a place to post my impressions on them :D
  22. Some folks hit the range at basic training and can't even zero their sights, others are just naturals at that particular skill. I don't know if the real NIS/NCIS ever had a great reputation. Since they called back remember the new TSA airport security thought Gibbs and DiNozzo had counterfeit never heard of them badges. Unlike the show with Secret Service, FBI, CIA and ATF agents transferring in it is portrayed like the US Postal Inspectors as the last resort federal agency if the big three letter agencies turned you down. Many local and state agencies are having recruit shortages I don't see why other than FBI federal law enforcement wouldn't also have problems. Of course going back to the beginning having a Secret Service agent say all is good, what do you navy cops know. What do they the NCIS TV Secret Service know, that two cars can crash their perimeter to potentially suicide bomb Air Force One on the roll without their CAT team taking those cars out, really. You can only hope the Air Force was just moving the plane without the President on board. It was more my least favorite with all sorts of high ranking folk turning up in Los Angeles the thought that you have a director and the next level is to just point at a field agent and place him in charge of the entire agency instead of the layers of bureaucracy that are over him stepping in.
  1. Load more activity