Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That’s my thought too. Not only did civilization develop, they have much more advanced tech than human beings, despite an unstable environment or solar system. They’re capable of interstellar travel yet if not for Ye Wenjie inviting them, they wouldn’t have sent ships exploring other possible homes?
  3. I'm not saying that Tom decided not to allow him to participate but I think someone in charge maybe wouldn't let him participate because of how he twice treated Tom in an aggressive way. The hat comment and then the fucking shrimp comment. I mean, to go weird angle here, the guy did seem a little off towards Tom. Or they could have decided that he was "role playing" as a way to sabotage the season? He was kind of weird with Kristin with his parting comment also.
  4. I would like to think so too, but I'd bet they didn't go because otherwise they would be front & center, just like their mother.
  5. China in the ‘60s was minimally industrialized I believe. They would need help from the West to build factories, learn to manufacture at scale, which wouldn’t occur until like the late ‘80s or early ‘90s. So it seems unlikely that they had an advanced SETI project, so shortly after they purged all the intellectuals, any that they suspected would believe in Western ideas, including science. Let’s say Ye Wenjie turned out to be a world class scientist and engineer. Even with blueprints from the aliens, they wouldn’t be able to fabricate those HMDs nor make the skies blink nor make an assassin who is human not appear on video cameras. Sure maybe an AI-like device to photoshop every frame of a video, in real time, maybe. Or make Auggie see the countdown based on her shutting down her project. They could see what she was doing at all times and know about her research to consider her work a threat? These sci fi devices make for striking images and scenes. But something humans, even those in communications with an advanced alien species, can pull off in the current time? Not plausible.
  6. (Season Finale) Hempstead’s new normal proves to be a harsh reality. Can Dick saddle up and save the day? Premiere Date: March 29, 2024 Apple TV+
  7. The only way it's plausible that she was a terrible mother to Leo is that she couldn't stand the vapid fast-talking putz anymore than I can. Show likes to rerun storylines, so WHY can't the revisit burying someone alive and time have it be Leo who gets deep-sixed?? I'll do a GoFundMe page so Show can afford a laugh track to go with it.
  8. The female chef who tried the "I say WIS - you say CONSIN!" fueled me with irrational angst when I heard that. I'll probably still cheer for her, there don't seem to be any standout villains at the moment, so I'll chalk it up to "dumb things people on television say". Rasika is my early pick for Fan Favorite. I think she's in for the long haul here. I keep wanting to call her Radhika. Wasn't there a Radhika on the show? I can hear her name in Tom's voice. I'll forget to google this the second I open a new tab lol
  9. I asked myself the same question about the champagne flutes and found that they sell the old fashioned wide mouthed champagne glasses on the Miller website. Then I looked at old ads online and found that those v-shaped beer glasses they traditionally used in them already looked a lot like champagne flutes and a few old Miller ads and signs from before the flutes became popular showed the wide mouthed glasses to make the point of it being the "champagne of beers" so I'm guessing that they're sticking with tradition and just want to make sure we get it that they're using champagne glasses and not beer glasses. I agree about the soup's appearance being deceiving. I thought it looked great, but lack of taste and the wrong consistency is a big problem. I was sorry to see him go but I won't miss looking at his scruffy, long beard. I get it that this is TV but that beard would be under a net for sure in a restaurant kitchen. When Tom told him there was always "Last Chance Kitchen" I thought what a long shot it would be to come back from that when you're one of the first chefs to be sent home. I see I'm not alone in being impressed by Charly. Another case of appearances being deceptive. In this case, though, it's delightfully so. I found myself not wanting anyone to go home and it's early in the season yet for me to feel that way so that was significant. I loved the cave setting and never knew about it so I was interested to learn about that. Wisconsin is one of the 10 or so states I've never been to and I don't know much about it other than it's famous for cheese. Then as soon as I wondered when they were going to do an episode surrounding cheese I saw the coming attractions, lol.
  10. Maybe the fact that we haven't seen much of the girlfriends (Yvonne and Melissa?)means that they make it a long way in the Race. Or maybe they are just boring.
  11. I haven’t read the books but the description of this story made it sound like a cool, soulless tale or one that fails to connect emotionally, kind of like Westworld. It’s striking how much the short opening credits look and sound like the WW opening credits, probably done by the same people perhaps. The scene of the young daughter witnessing her father’s execution is right out of Game of Thrones. I thought cool, this could be the Arya Stark moment. But this character would turn into a vengeful, smug, misanthropic figure, not eliciting the sympathy that Arya does, because the viewers witness her journey over several seasons whereas in this, Ye Wenjie revels herself as just as embittered and awful as the young woman who murdered her father. Traitors to their own species, that’s quite the ambitious goal for evil villains.
  12. Agree suicide is complex, but the mere fact that Kody played ANY role probably pushed G over the top. If Kody wasn't such an ass, and still had a decent relationship with G, perhaps G could have gone to his father and talked out his feelings man-to-man. Yes, G had his brothers, but it's not the same as talking to your father and asking for help. Unfortunately, G could do that...and nothing stings more than abandonment.
  13. I don't think it mattered in the end what house they chose. Those two teenagers (high-school aged?) are going back to the States the minute the year their dad bargained them all into is over if not before.
  14. Filming the show in progress -- presumably with their smartphone.
  15. Friday's episode will be Season 21, Episode 11, that was originally aired September 15, 2017. Discussion Link: "Getting Steamed!" Case titles: 1) Getting Soaked; 2) Mucking Up A Motorcycle; 3) Bailing On Bail. Thank you, CrazyInAlabama. Happy Easter, everyone!
  16. Paige couldn't be further from a marriage frame of mind. She needs to come to grips with the fact that she doesn't want to get married....PERIOD! Not just to Craig, but to anybody. If you feel some kind of way because your supposed husband to be offers to help you pay your rent, you just don't want to share your life with him. You need to stop stringing him along. I feel for Craig. Amanda and Kyle are acting like an old married couple that get on each other's nerves constantly instead of newlyweds. Amanda acts like she can't stand Kyle.
  17. As much as I snark about Nick and Nora do the Poseidon Adventure and as ridiculous as I find many of the stunts pulled during this three episode cruise ship arc I find it enjoyable. I'm having a good time watching it and am glad it's back. If a little dog called Asta shows up I will, however, revise my opinion.
  18. I am no fashionista but something about the word "dress shorts" makes me shiver.
  19. What the hell was that gobbledygook he was spouting? Smh I don't like when both spouses aren't on the same page on DD. I felt embarrassed for Chloe to have said yes and then Michael rejected her. They were never at odds nor were they fighting all the time. They were the only couple this season to consummate their marriage and I had hope that they would stay together. 0/5. Great job, experts!!!👏
  20. Why the Hell would you match a woman who wants a lot of land and a farm with a man who enjoys living in a high-rise in the city? Those are two different lifestyle choices. There are some people I know that live in NYC and have places "out in the country" but that takes a lot of money to maintain.
  21. So the hamster wheel of misery just keeps spinning for Upton? How long has this dragged on now? This show is currently unwatchable.
  22. There's a sizable Latin community where I live and those "little bit of everything" platters intended for one are pretty common menu options whenever I go to a Colombian restaurant. Definitely a good amount of food for the price.
  1. Load more activity