Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'm getting really sick of the food service storyline in general. First, the idea that a food service place even at a community college has no structure is ridiculous, but also, community colleges do have grievance structures - in real life, she'd have been in HR with a complaint about her manager in two seconds for pulling the "I'm firing you for bothering me". More than that, I'm annoyed that Darlene is basically expecting everyone else to sacrifice for her choice to work in food service/Mark. Yes, Harris/ the Lunchbox are getting paid, but she's the one guilting her child to save her job and has never volunteered to go over and help Harris out. Now she's guilting her father to work extra shifts and take time away from his wife because she and her husband have changed their hours. This is a prime example of the family's basic co-dependency - there's helping your family, and then there's setting yourself on fire to solve someone else's problems. In Darlene's case, it's setting everyone on fire to save Mark and her.
  3. Grocery shopping has become horrible enough, as I try to balance cost vs convenience vs quality at the different grocery stores in my neighbourhood. A national chain in Canada (all Canucks will know which one I mean), installed multiple self serve checkouts while leaving only 1 staffed checkout, maybe 2 at absolute peak times. Now they have realized that facilitated theft, so they have installed locked gates, plexiglass barriers, locking cart wheels, receipt checks and security guards. That wasn't enough, so they moved to limit the number of items at self serve checkouts, presumably because a full cart made it easier to hide unpaid items. The kicker is that the signs say "25 items or less". It's "fewer", you morons. Fewer.
  4. I agree with all of this; it’s how I’ve been watching as well. All that house stuff is nonsense. They could have had a proper Top 20 with all the time they’re wasting on Dancers Thinking Other Dancers are Cute, or Dancers Choosing Bedrooms, or Dancers Having Breakfast. Also, what a waste of a perfectly good Cat Deeley!
  5. I don't know. I didn't read the book. So what if it was. The TV production could show some more scenes of what Toranaga was talking about or Blackthorne if they wanted. I'm not saying to change any of the characters fates. We've seen a lot of the regents and seeing them turning on Ishido would have been interesting, for example. It's just an odd way to end the show for me.
  6. https://www.newschannel5.com/talk-of-the-town/stars-of-cbs-comedy-series-ghosts-tease-final-two-episodes-of-season-3
  7. Apparently chaos cuisine is "fusion on steroids" but with "intention"... Marcel Vigneron Introduces Kristen to Chaos Cooking | Top Chef | The Dish With Kish (S21 E6) | Bravo Bravo Apr 25, 2024
  8. Weighing in late here, but Subaru is a great brand and also a little peculiar. They last forever. We are still driving a 2006 Outback LL Bean edition (higher end trim), so we have power front seats. But it's crazy to learn that the passenger front seat no longer has power. Also our car is too old for Bluetooth, and you can't swap out Subaru radios in the aftermarket because they link their radios to the air conditioning unit. So we have one of those plug ins that goes into the cigarette lighter and lets us play our phone over the radio system. I have to say I would not buy any car now without the power seat for the driver. I shift myself around all the time while driving to extend crampy legs or move them back.
  9. I once reported an incredibly vicious, hateful personal message I received from another poster. The moderator's response "Aw, Diddums, as your mommy taught you, when someone hurts your feelings you should just ignore them". I'm unaware whether that poster received so much as a slap on the wrist, but I assume not since she subsequently was made a moderator. So the "ignore" feature no longer worked. Did you know you can't put moderators on "ignore"?
  10. Ming-Na Wen; From Mulan to Fennec Shand | The Sackhoff Show Episode 1 Katee Sackhoff Apr 23, 2024
  11. Jill does like what she calls the "distressed look". I think she believes that makes it look old fashioned or old timey.
  12. again they do have control IF we are going by what has been established the 4 seasons before this .. this season they suddenly "softened" her and its 100% out of character ... the parents and elders in this shows world 100 % still have a say
  13. So funny you posted that, I saw that commercial (AGAIN!!!) last night and decided it was time to start muting it, just so cringe I wonder if that actress will put it on her resume, lol.
  14. Damn .. I wish TW.oP or something like it would come back. It sounds so interesting. I feel like something is brewing.
  15. This is exactly how I've been seeing it for some time now.
  16. I used to try to have dinner ready so I could have something to eat during the episode when I inevitably got hungry from looking at the food. It just hasn't been happening this season. I'm sure they're skilled chefs, but something isn't coming across for some reason. I feared Danny was getting a "knifed" edit so I'm glad it wasn't. I like him and Dan. Danny reminds me of Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel and I like Dan because I find him attractive, probably because he seems humble. And of course Michelle is awesome, she just really missed it this challenge.
  17. Jennifer Hudson is a prime example that you don't need to win American Idol in order to be successful. (At this point, I can see several of this season's singers having successful careers, regardless of whether or not they win.) ‘GOD TURNED IT AROUND’: JENNIFER HUDSON MARKS 20 YEARS SINCE AMERICAN IDOL ELIMINATION Published: April 24, 2024 https://www.movieguide.org/news-articles/jennifer-hudson-on-20-years-since-american-idol-elimination.html
  18. I agree with all the comments above. The contestants this season are delusional, attention-seeking, dimwit crybabies who are mostly legends in their own mind. The other thing that I didn't care for last night were Peachy's antics, seemingly trying to become more likeable with the viewers. It was out of character and (in my opinion) out of line for him to openly predict that the trio of Q, Venus, and Liz would be out first in the immunity challenge. And the whole bit with the cushion and popcorn at tribal council was ridiculous. To even call this show Survivor anymore is a joke. To compare the first seasons, where starving, bug-bitten castaways really toughed it out, to the Jerry Springer-like shit-show it has become today is laughable.
  19. I just love Jimmy and his delightful relationship with batshit crazy Mike Lindell! He's so kind in a snarky way, it's totally entertaining!
  20. Wow Violet, thanks for calling attention to that. I just watched it on YouTube and it's pretty intense. Violet made Ben cry and was just so sure she could tell he was lying, when he wasn't. ugh. Charlie was sweet to him though, and that was worth watching, too.
  21. Q almost put himself in the driver's seat to be the 3rd member in the finals. Everyone is gonna wanna take him to the finals bc they think no one will vote for him.
  22. EXCLUSIVE: Deal or No Deal Island’s Nicholas Grasso on Elimination, Temple Arguments, and His Hopes for a Winner BY KIM STEMPEL APRIL 25, 2024 https://www.realitytea.com/2024/04/25/exclusive-nicholas-grasso-deal-or-no-deal-island-elimination-interview/
  1. Load more activity