Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. If there are no female Centaurs then how do they get more Centaurs?
  3. Definitely referring to Coachella. It had to be a copyright issue. Or is FN assuming their audience wouldn't know it? That's stupid.
  4. Yeah--reset it by telling your body you're starving so those of us with thrifty metabolisms will "reset" to burn fewer calories and thus gain weight on less food. Definitely a racket.
  5. Which is funny because the real Salem, IL is in southern Illinois. We don’t go zipping off to Chicago on a moment’s notice.
  6. Synopsis: Air Date: June 26, 2024 (first 2 episodes)
  7. Maybe, but I sure most of it was from getting her head slammed against a table. But you know, being able to throw verbal blows is all worth it. Am I right??? LOL.
  8. Exactly. And I think the operative words here are "try hard" because that's always how Danielle comes across to me. She seems to have this pretty level-headed side to her but the weird, try hard, loose cannon, desperate side always seems to dominate. Why does she always have to announce when she's had sex? It's gross. Gabby continues to act like a character and never a real person. She obviously thinks this is cute but I fail to see how she can have any friends or how she'll ever meet a guy carrying on with this schtick. There's no way to get to know a person who's acting like a walking caricature every moment. It's exhausting and annoying. Balloon guy looked dirty to me. Totally not getting what the fuss was all about. Gabby probably acted so snotty towards him because she got close enough to get a sniff. Actually - it seems like most everyone who attends their parties is pretty fugly. Anyone ever notice that? This is where West seems way too immature for Ciara. I think the way Ciara looks versus who she is as a person probably makes it really hard for her to meet and connect with the right person. In my opinion, the assumptions that are made about her because of how gorgeous she is are in pretty stark contrast to what her personality actually is. If that makes sense. (But I want to add - I don't think West is doing that to her).
  9. I know, I said to myself, he's not old enough to know that one!
  10. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Foo Foo looks very friendly!
  11. Her face and body look more and more like Kim’s.
  12. I find it hilarious that this movie is so bad that it doesn't merit its own thread! I watched part 2 and it was a great example of how to spend good money making a bad movie. We didn't need twenty minutes of wheat harvesting. We didn't need a roundtable of backstories that seemed to be setting up movies 3,4,5 and 6. The characters were paper-thin and the dialog was cliche and predictable. The villain woke up and called her Scargiver before knowing he had a scar. The battle robot and the aerial reinforcements show up way too late. Various characters just sit around watching during the big battle and then jump out from behind cover when it's their turn for a slo-mo sequence. Characters I am supposed to care about die in battle and my reaction is "meh". The only interesting thing in the movie was when the Scargiver was planting bombs on what looked like a main computer. It had a human-shaped face to it and I was hoping it would open its eyes and start talking to her. It did indeed open its eyes but didn't do anything and then we jumped down into the coal pits. Yes, coal pits... powering a starship. Rather than watching this movie, I'd suggest watching some of the reviews that straight dunk on it. Angry Joe's review was much more entertaining than the movie was.
  13. This is what The Jeopardy Fan! had to say: FJ explanation
  14. Yep! Bummer! One the reasons I like FBIMW is because they didn't dwell in the personal lives of the characters too much. You can turn to any cop show almost all the plots are relationships and personal issues. I hope this show doesn't go that direction. As for Hanna, I'm already thinking the guy she met has a dark past.
  15. Dandesun

X-Men'97

So they went with Bastion and Operation Zero Tolerance... very interesting. Again, the melding of stories really works for me here. And Lord... Bastion with the 'Flying Purple People Eater' song playing. Wrapping something horrible and vile in this veneer of wholesome novelty just makes it creepier. It's like the beginning of Bioshock: Infinite. What is Bastion going to do with Magneto. And will we have a Steve and Bucky moment when Charles comes back and he and Erik see each other again? Speaking of... hey Steve! They did Emma's diamond form reveal! That was a part of the E is for Extinction story where Genosha got razed so I was actually happy to see that. Rogue unleashing her fury... that woman is a power house and it was actually fun to see. Nightcrawler being the one to oversee Remy's funeral and then reach out to Rogue over her grief and feelings (loved the Dia de los Muertos going on during that) and also Jean and the rest of the X-men were there. X-men is all about found family after all particularly when dealing with parents who are all 'oh I'm so happy you finally told us but don't tell anyone else because shareholders!' Oh 'Berto... Jean and Scott had a good conversation about the complications of their relationship and I love Jean's hair down. ALSO loved Jean getting to be a powerhouse too in the fight with Prime Sentinel Bolivar Trask. And Rogue dropping Trask? Well that goes along with this overall sentiment of the X-men just being done with begging for a place at the table. It's something they go through cyclically in the comics, the last go round being Krakoa, so I'm actually enjoying seeing it here. And it's said the last three episodes are going to be pretty hard core. Can't wait.
  16. She didn't get assaulted as a result of what she felt was standing up for herself though. So I'm not putting words in your mouth, are you saying that you wouldn't blame the drunk person for a crime being committed against them, EVEN THOUGH they could have done something (by not getting so drunk) to prevent it? Because if so, we are on the same page in this circumstance, I just also apply it people becoming violent in a verbal altercation as well. Which was probably compounded by so many people telling her she was at fault for her own attack.
  17. With a preference sheet that complicated, every day there should have been a meeting between Fraser (head of interior) and the chef, that basically put down on the white board a spreadsheet of who's eating what at each meal, to make sure it matched up. Instead they just flew by the seat of their pants. Bad idea.
  18. Netflix doc series that premieres May 15 (number of episodes to be announced). When a dating site seeking adulterous affairs is hacked, millions of users' intimate data is exposed, wrecking marriages and destroying lives
  19. I have never freelanced, but in my most recent position I did sometimes have to approve freelancer timesheets, I think they normally got paid the pay period after they submitted their invoice, but I would sometimes get emails from freelancers about missing payments and would have to follow up with finance to resolve the issue.
  20. The kids on this show are exceptional! I don't know if it is because they are used as students and we don't get deep dives into their personal lives, none seem to be main characters for more than one episode, or what, but they do such a great job just being kids. I loved seeing them bounce around at the end too. It was like they were talking about their real teacher.
  21. lasu

The Valley

I really did not care for the way Jasmin and Jax were pre-blaming Kristen before she'd done anything. Michelle looked completely out of control at the end. I wonder if it was fear of what Kristen might out or just general stress at the end of her marriage, or a combo? I wouldn't say that Jesse slamming his fists on the table was abusive, but I wouldn't stay either. I am extremely uncomfortable around anger being expressed that way. He did crack me up when he was yelling that if Kristen told him something he didn't already know about his wife he would end her. I'm not sure why it was so funny to me, just the "Don't you dare tell me anything new!!!" killed me.
  22. Thank you, @Anela! I've been vindicated! Now I wish I'd added onto "I've only read the last 5 pages of posts….": "…but I'm sure by the time I've submitted this post it will be 15 pages." If nothing else, it would've caused the TVWoP police person to pause for a moment — during which time another 2 pages to moderate on that thread would've appeared, LOL. No wonder those mods became certifiable.
  23. But let's look at both of these situations with Candiace. In the first one, charges were brought against Monique then ultimately thrown out by the court because they basically determined that this was a childish dispute where both parties were wrong. And in Sesame Street's case, as far as I know there were not even any charges filed. It's great to say the law will take care of it, but actual practice shows that this may not always be the case. And Candiace is the one paying therapy bills related to PTSD. I'm sure that Janice thought that she was standing up for herself when she approached Candiace. After all, she's been the one clowned incessantly on Al Gore's internet. Nothing that I've stated should be interpreted as me living a life based on fear. I think of it as having a healthy level of respect for possible outcomes and weighing whether or not I want to live with the outcome. I drink in public regularly. I do not drink in public to the point that I am incapacitated because I'm not prepared to deal with all of the possible outcomes that come from such a decision. Does that mean that I think people should be allowed to take advantage of drunk people? Not at all. It simply means that I recognize that it is far more likely that someone would take advantage of me when I am incapable of caring for myself. As my dad used to tell me "The best revenge is living well." I actually have. About 20 years ago, I worked on a political campaign after college. On election night my candidate won and the entire professional campaign team (basically everyone that got paid to work on the campaign) decamped to a local Irish pub to celebrate. Another patron overheard us talking and began berating us as he supported the other candidate. It started with a lot of drunken hooting and ended with punches being thrown. Imagine the characters from "Veep" in a bar fight. The cops showed up, dusted everyone off and sent everyone home.
  24. This was one of my favorites so far. I loved the exchange about 1/6 and Melissa's comment about his coma: "From falling off a wall?" I also loved the reveal of him being a flat earther. It was a quick comment that you might have missed at first with saying the "edge" of the earth, but the reactions of everyone listening who caught it right away were brilliant. I think all the core had some great moments this episode. I have been really busy lately and missed a lot of these episodes in real time, I think I watched 5 in a row yesterday and it just made me so happy. This show continues to be such a delight!
  1. Load more activity