Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Director behind hit series says it shouldn’t be a unicorn as he urges mechanism for broadcasters to tell campaign stories https://deadline.com/2024/04/post-office-drama-james-strong-creative-cities-convention-1235892656/
  3. From the stories and pictures, she and Kootie did have feelings for each other early on. It was after he took another wife that he turned into the ass that we know and hate. Meri had a choice and she chose the bitch route.
  4. I think that this overall group of kids, with the exception of one or two are particularly annoying. More so than in the past.
  5. I like Travis! But I also think he’s a meathead.
  6. I'm guessing his winning personality wasn't the attraction. I've watched a few episodes of Milk Street and all of the chefs/presenters appear to either kiss his ass or cower in fear.
  7. I had forgotten about the wayback machine. I found a post of mine on Sons of Anarchy, lol. I forgot that I was a "fanatic". I loved the recaps and eagerly awaited them for my favorite shows. Thanks for the reminder, @Yeah No!
  8. Aww. He's such a great actor! I'm glad he didn't do anything so extreme.
  9. The Etsy commercial is funny. Oh la la! Fromage!
  10. baldryanr

X-Men'97

So I take it that last week's episode was running concurrently with this one? Because I find it very hard to believe that she wouldn't have rushed to rejoin the team or head to Genosha immediately after she saw the news. Given how fast their reflexes are, you'd think Jean or Nightcrawler would have done something to catch Trask if they really wanted to. Cable didn't sound particularly thrilled to talk to Scott. I'm sure they'll be able to squeeze in some father/son drama over the next few episodes.
  11. Do they actually have music playing or is each actor dancing to whatever music is in their head? I always chalk it up to that.
  12. Fuji was one of my favorites too. She carried so much sadness but found pleasure in a simple life. Her scenes with Blackthorne were touching, they found a friendship based on mutual respect after so many months of not understanding each other. Love and loss were two things they shared. Likewise Blackthorne and Buntaro coming to an accord. No words spoken, they understood. Another character I came to really like was Omi. He was definitely un-Japanese in that he wore his emotions so plainly. After his friend's (Toranaga's son's) death and the impending death of his uncle his grief was apparent. The boy needed a hug. This was the first episode that I got Cosmo Jarvis. I do think Blackthorne may have eventually left Japan, maybe after Toranaga died? I think those flash forwards were too specific to be imagined. When Blackthorne noticed Toranaga watching them pull the ship up and he gave a little "hmm", did it finally occur to him that Toranaga was the one who burned the ship? Did he finally realize Toranaga had been manipulating him the whole time? When Blackthorne had his rant and yelled about using Toranaga, all I could think was "oh, honey." 3D chess indeed. I like how Toranaga achieved his goal without a flight. He used people to create the best outcome. But what would have happened if Mariko hadn't died?
  13. But times change and you have to make changes to make the stories work? Tony Stark wasn't fighting communists in Asia in 2008 since that wouldn't have really made sense. And Hank Pym isn't a spouse abuser since no one wants to see Michael Douglas hit Michelle Pfeiffer. You mean like Terry McGinnis or any of the times Robin has become Batman? Or Batgirl/Bat-Woman? Even in comics it's not like things stay the same forever. My favourite is that there is no story from the 40's where Captain America falls in the ice and is frozen for decades. That's just something that they made up in 1963.
  14. I had to laugh as OA and Maggie leaped out of the van in plain sight of all the cultists, with little attempt at stealth, then crouched down behind a car like nobody had seen them.
  15. Today
  16. I think this is a bit of an oversimplification. I disagree that the meaning or resonance should remain the same if you switched the sex or race of a specific character. There are certain essential traits that human beings and individuals identify with that are associated with notions like race and gender. I agree with rmontro in the sense that many audience members might connect differently to a female version of a character than to a male, or to a non-white character than a white character etc. Further, one of the reasons I like the idea of replacing the male Silver Surfer with a woman/female is because of the unique opportunity to do different things with the character than you could otherwise. How might a woman react to being separated from her homeworld and lover? How might a woman experience and endure living and serving at the will of Galactus? How does a woman perceive and understand the power and nature of the universe? This particular kind of perspective is worth exploring in my view, and is an example of the value that can be gained by reimagining stories and characters in a different lens.
  17. I’m beyond over Sandavols whining but that doesn’t mean I want to hear Sheana whining. She’s ridiculous. She is lucky she got to capitalize on Scandoval because no way would anyone want to hear her awful songs otherwise. I’m sure the restraining order sucked but she should have been thinking about her Summer Sky or whatever stupid name the poor kid has and kept her hands to herself. The way everyone lost their shit when Tom mentioned her being the other woman was laughable. She was an adult , it’s not off limits. What the hell is wrong with Brock not making a relationship happen with his older children? If he’s just sitting around while Sheana earns the checks then why can’t he make an effort with his kids? If James doesn’t have a good reliable pet sitter then so what if he stays home? Lala and Sheana are lucky they have their moms around to care for their kids so they can attend all these dumb events. They need to zip their big gross inflated lips.
  18. As AI improves, maybe they will pay child actors “royalties” for the use of their original work to generate new episodes. Of course, in this utopian future, nothing will go wrong. 😑
  19. What do we think was coursing through Jax’s veins when he impregnated Brittany?
  20. Schwartz’s tattoo stencil looked like he leaned against something.
  21. Omg. Just read a short “People” article online about how she was domestically abused by her last husband. Well. I agree that sucks & no woman should have to suffer like that but she is not gaining sympathy but non stop harping on this. No one feels sorry for you when all you had to do was kick him out of your home worth millions & go back to life as usual. Why doesn’t she end with something like “ So I made a $100,000 donation to fund so and so women’s shelter/?” And she brings up her weight, she is getting a bit too overweight, health wise this is dangerous. If you read her cook books and the way she speaks about what she eats, unless she has super genes, there’s trouble coming.
  22. Same. So close. Like I could almost see it: 𝒞乇𝓻ภ Oh, I immediately recognized the names of the 2 HBCs. But United Negro College Fund is not something I “know.” I feel kind of embarrassed to have gone with NAACP. Nam’s “UNICEF” response may have been equally embarrassing, but I think I figured out how he got there: The clue began with “This organization was founded 80 years ago….” UNICEF was founded close to 80 years ago in 1946 (whereas the NAACP was founded in 1909, or 115 years ago). And the “U” in UNICEF is for “United.” I wonder if “United Negro College Fund” would have come to him eventually — like me with many of the clues. Well. I’d probably have to Google most of them.🙃 Thanks to Antiques Roadshow, I instagot the FJ of Tiffany.
  23. The producers plane-shamed James FOUR times in this episode.
  24. I watched an interview with Larry and Susie Essman from a talk show (one of the interviewers was Willie Geist, and they talked about his guest appearances in season 12), and when the word "retirement" came up, both Larry and Susie pushed back on it. Susie said—in one of the few times during the interview when she sounded like her Curb character, but without the cursing—that Larry was only retiring from Curb Your Enthusiasm, not retiring period.
  25. It seemed to me that Jax was hounding both James and Guillermo about hosting a brunch. Guillermo tried to justify defying LVP by pointing out that the number of covers was impressive, and that they should be thrilled with how much money it was bringing in. We know, for LVP, it’s all about her money. Even when her choices traumatize her staff. But when it comes to her ego, it’s an entirely different situation.
  1. Load more activity