Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. shapeshifter

S02.E13: Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow

Yeah, I agree. Whether she remembered or not(and it seems she did) this Kelly is in an alternate timeline, where she and Ed never got together. Now that you remind me of how "Ed had theorized to present Kelly there were two possibilities with regards to the timeline; one was that the timeline fractured and nothing past Kelly does matters to their timeline," I recall that I immediately said to the screen: Well, then. Clearly this is a fractured timeline, or else we (the viewers) would see a discernible difference WRT Kelly and Ed (like maybe their roles on the Orville were reversed, or, at the very least, Present Kelly has black hair) unless fate is immutable. So. The last scene must mean fractured timelines. Right?
  3. sugarbaker design

Live With Kelly And Ryan

There are two types of awkward interview that I live for: the arrogant 'what am I doing here?' interview best typified by Debra Winger's appearance on WWHL, and then there's the dizzy bitch interview where the celebrity seems very whimsical and not at all grounded in reality. Taylor Schilling def falls squarely into the latter category!
  4. Nidratime

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

If the Congress lets Trump "get away" with this, then we're done because the Russians will be back attacking our voting system -- since Trump won't protect it -- and whose to say they won't be even more successful than 2016? Whose to say they won't be able to change votes in close battleground states, awarding the presidency to Trump again? I really worry about that.
  5. She was also the murder victim in one of the Aurora Teagarden movies and suspect falsely arrested for murder in one of the Darrow and Darrow movies, so there is some attempt to keep you guessing when she pops up.
  6. Gummo

S17.E06: Power Play

Not going to get too hung up on the costume/fashion divide because this challenge was designed to straddle that very line, and the line is going to be different for each person. Agreed generally with the top and bottom, except I thought Renee should have been in the top, too. Her concept was clear and it translated nicely to her outfit. I thought Hester's outfit walked the line between fashion, costume and kitsch with a nice sense of humor, but I can see how it would't be to everyone's taste. At first I thought Tessa totally didn't get the challenge until I remembered some of the designers talking about the Sims, then I realized that she was possibly the most original, going in a completely different direction than the rest. I appreciate her intent and she came really close to realizing it, but the final result was just a bit drab. Rakan checked out of this competition at least one challenge ago, and maybe longer, so it was way past his time to go. Jamal can go next, he's another one who ignores the challenge parameters and ignores Christian's advice, which bugs the hell out of me. Was it Venny who just made a black tux suit? How innovative. Yawn. And yes, there's nothing wrong with cleavage, even boobage, but as the judges pointed out, one quick turn at the waist and she'd be out of her top completely. In some circumstances I'd enjoy seeing that, but this wasn't it. And the less said about Bishme's Church Lady, the better. He's so lucky Rakan was there, his outfit was HIDEOUS, so tasteless it was embarrassing. Loving the return of regular 2-day challenges, though! By the end of the Lifetime run and endless 1-day challenges, all the garments were ragged and unfinished and you had no idea if anyone actually had any technical skills at all.
  7. andromeda331

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

I agree. Yes, Ren and Rey have good chemistry. But redeeming Kylo and putting him a relationship with Rey would be wrong. I agree he's made his choice many times over. His anger, hurt, and etc. over what happened with Luke. But he chose to attack Luke's Jedi Academy/Temple and killed everyone there. Well, everyone he didn't recruit. He didn't have to do that. He didn't have to kill other people. He chose too. Just like he chose to follow Snoke, he chose attack people in the beginning of TFA and he chose to kill his father. He didn't have to do that. But he chose to. He didn't have to stay after killing Snoke. He chose to stay. He's a villain and he's chose to be one. Whatever his connection was with Rey, he chose to reject the Light Side. What exactly are his reasons for any of it? Because Uncle Luke messed up (or did he given all the evil crap Kylo ended up doing?). Because his parents were too busy? How does that compare to other lives even just looking at his own family? I like Rey and I hope her closing the door on Kylo at the end of the movie was for good. She thought she could save him, she tried and he chose to reject it.
  8. Chloesmom

Go Donnie go. Couldn't agree more about that message going forward about he broke and law and got away with it along with taking your healthcare. Yes. Plus he gets my vote for best dressed today. Ooooh, Jeffrey Epstein mention. Not much but it's something.
  9. SimoneS

S05.E11: They Did What?

I completely agree with this. I would have preferred the baby be named, "Barbara Tabitha Kean." But let's face it, Barbara is stuck with those two (not that Jim and Lee's marriage is likely to last very long). However, the baby ties her to Jim forever so she took a step make peace and there is comic canon to be considered. Honestly, I was just thrilled that they didn't kill off Barbara to give the "worthy" Jim and Lee the baby. Even if Barbara dies in the finale, she will have raised her daughter and influenced who she will become.
  10. Kite

S02.E06: Donar the Great

Was Donar's dialogue, especially in the last scene with Mr Wednesday, MEANT to be so cheesy and over-the-top? Mr Wednesday was pretty cheesy in that scene too. "NOOOO-OOO-OOOOO!!!!!!!" Yes, that coat is gonna get recognised straight away unless there's some kind of cloaking device, I guess once Gungnir got all glowy I thought that must be the case right? But I didn't like that the show made me do this mental work to explain it. I enjoyed the burlesque show. I didn't really get Donar's motivations regarding the Nazi competition. I assume Mr Wednesday was down with using the Nazis because they were simply a means to an end. I don't think he really knew or cared what they were or would become. That said, the use of Germanic mythology (for patriotic homeland purposes) had an intrinsic role to play in the rise of Nazi Germany - it's a very interesting history to read about. I don't think it's why Mr Wednesday is down with them here though. Yes, Thor is getting a lot of MCU worship these days, but honestly, there's a lot of actual worship of the Germanic pantheon these days. Heathenism is a recognised religion in the US military now, one can be buried according to the rituals. There are a lot of decent heathens, but it's chilling how much of it is driven by white supremacy, particularly in Europe but all across the West. Wotan / Odin worship is particularly strong amongst that lot (and if they don't worship they still use the symbolism as a code, just as the Nazis did in their initial rise to power). Gaiman is on the money with how dark Odin is as a figure. His was essentially a death-cult. Sacrifice, war, glorious death with hundreds of virgins awaiting etc.
  11. I think to have done otherwise would have been way worse than any bad publicity they ever suffered. Perception is everything.
  12. hummingbird

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

if she was smart she took the first offer, and hasn't looked back, --------------- was just watching Q and the pearl show the host was kind of a CP clone in looks and voice. room for only 1 clone perhaps
  13. Chloesmom

With a milkshake chaser . . . 😁
  14. xaxat

Or we have a When Harry met Sally situation.
  15. Baltimore Betty

S11 E22: Reunion Part 2

That dress looked like a Project Runway fail.
  16. hummingbird

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

exactly so I think Laura can wear her hair however and Harry can get as tan as he wants, sometimes all the money and fancy houses don't mean much KWIM
  17. Landsnark

I figured it out. The off-screen mumbles of... "mmmm..." "yup" "oh yes. yes" "incredible" "MMMmhhhMM!" "uh huh" "hard to believe" "My God" "well, yeah" She's eating a cupcake.
  18. I took zofran round the clock for the whole pregnancy each time, including in the iv during labor. Thankfully it worked well enough to keep vomiting down to 1-5 times a day most of the time. During my last pregnancy I tried diclegis instead, and it was completely useless. I lost 5 lbs in the middle of the second trimester thanks to that experiment. Unfortunately, zofran has some really unpleasant side effects, too, like horrible constipation and headaches. My mom is a real hero. She had hyperemesis back before effective meds, and still had four babies. She was hospitalized so many times during her pregnancy with me that she lost count. I don't think anything the Duggars have described sounds like hyperemesis. Morning sickness in the first trimester is common. Vomiting all day, every day, unless constantly medicated is not. If yours was not able to be controlled by medication, I definitely understand the decision to not have more children.
  19. SimoneS

Yes, the Kaylons! They seemed like a side plot, but maybe whatever they are scheming is one of the triggering events. I am really looking forward to next week's episode. This is such a great show. I really hope it is renewed. I want another season. I did think that Ed was skeevy dating the younger Kelly. It rubbed me the wrong way. That is not the right way to a do over. So I was glad that the show decided to have the relationship tank itself for that very reason. Ed apologizing for all his mistakes was nicely and sincerely done, but Kelly certainly contributed that disaster.
  20. Baltimore Betty

S09.E10: A Supreme Snub

Um, maybe they invested in Boy George's tour because PK told them how much money was to be made from investing in a "SUPAH STAH and they had to pack quickly to go to the poor house? Oh, so much snark before 7am. Yes, I think that was a strange excuse too...nothing about PK or Dorit say's truth or honesty so I doubt there will ever be an honest explanation. How are we not talking about how fabulous Lois is? Did I hear right, she is 92? My father is 92 and seems so much older and frailer than the Lively Lois. She could be a lifestyle influencer for the senior set!
  21. MJS

Barry

My take: Barry killed Janice. He hid her body somewhere and dumped the car (cop said something about the Chechnyans driving her off the property in her car, when they were telling Gene the case is cold). No body means Gene has a sliver of hope that she's alive So he's begging the cops to look for her (his comment about her being cold and hungry in the woods).
  22. eleanorofaquitaine

S09.E10: A Supreme Snub

Thank you for posting this. It is unfortunately common to undermine the experience of survivors by claiming that they are coming forward "for the money." I've never met a survivor who is rich because of a settlement and given the revictimization that survivors experience when they speak publicly about their experience, it's a long way to go "for the money." I don't mind these women talking politics or current events. It's actually kind of refreshing that they are aware of the world outside their Beverly Hills bubble. Camille was way off-base, in my opinion.
  23. Superclam

I kind of thought that too, but they did something similar with Ed and the Krill. We shall see.
  24. With Liam? But since no other men exist in LA, who would be with Steffy? Maybe Justin? They'd be good as a couple of schemers.
  25. Chloesmom

That was lovely what Meeks said about Julia Ainsley and her reporting especially yesterday. She has done an incredible job all through this saga but was just outstanding throughout that very long day yesterday. THIS. ^^^^^^^
  1. Load more activity