Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yeah, actually i's not funny when your daughter is toppling over due to no fault of her own, but due her dwarfism. One would think that Zach would understand and comfort her, but no, we just laugh. It's (borderline?) child abuse, mentally at least.
  3. Yeah, on that front I think Nao, Cat, and Chris all fit the brief by giving us cautionary tales. I know that plastic-y looking fast food made me think twice about my next burger or pizza! (Though the fries had the opposite of the intended effect on me as well, ElectricBoogaloo.) Elliot deserved his win, but I wouldn't have been upset if Mike had been chosen instead. Both pieces were beautiful and fully embodied the challenge.
  4. And the stellar writing of, " It's impossible" when Carly asked to see Jason. 😂
  5. For me, they firmly established that blond guy Julian was never really a hero, beginning with his inappropriate come-on to Lola in the midst of the sinking ship: [JULIAN] There's nothing you can do to win back his trust. [LOLA] You know nothing about him. Or me. [JULIAN] I know a little about you. That little squeak you make. [LOLA] Go to hell. And then, later with the flare gun, Julian even tells us he's a pragmatist, not a hero: [ATHENA] One in the chamber. I'd hate to miss. [JULIAN] Then let's not miss. Give it to me. I can climb up there, get right under it. [ATHENA] You think if you just do this for us, that I'll end up letting you go? [JULIAN] Better alive in prison than dead at the bottom of the ocean. Finally, I think Lola and Norman's lines cement my conclusion: [NORMAN] I guess, despite everything, that Julian guy was a pretty decent human. [LOLA] He was a rat, but he didn't deserve to die. Still, I applaud the ABC writers or editors or whomever that made Julian human rather than a cartoon villain.
  6. This is laughable. Schwartz now "grabs" Scheana and she says nothing about it for 10+ years? No, that was story she tried to spin to her husband when it was finally revealed. What really happened is that Scheana & Schwartz drunkenly made out in Vegas while he was dating Katie and she was engaged to Shay. Scheana lied telling Katie telling her Tom kissed someone else (to hurt Katie) and they managed to keep it a secret until he thought it was funny to share (again, to hurt Katie), yet that somehow makes Katie the bad guy? Schwartz is a man baby, Scheana's a pick me girl. They're the real assholes.
  7. I agree with everything except I like Nico. I, also agree that Betty is cute, or maybe I just like how Will is around her, but I don't need more of her. I don't watch the Housewives shows, either, so I just took it as a fun aside. Actually, it was Ormewood and Angie that were amusing. Plus, one of the housewives goes to jail, so that should make some of you happy.
  8. Isn't Carol also 'technically' the same age she was when she got her powers? Because Monica was a kid in the first Captain Marvel movie, and now she's an adult while Carol looks more or less the same. Since Kamala seems to be taking an active role in recruiting the next team, they could always rope Carol in occasionally for the grumpy mentor spot, although I don't know how much Fury will be involved yet. As I said before, I'm sure RL scheduling has something to do with it, because on a separate but related note, someone on social media said that Zendaya is so busy now that she won't be able to do another season of Euphoria. Even that is something that happens when there's so much time between seasons, since the new one isn't supposed to start until 2025, and with that much downtime it would be strange if she wasn't pursuing other opportunities.
  9. Emily is a bitter drunkard who’s pissed that the guys didn’t like her and her stupid gal posse. If they hadn’t all been so focused on their friendships, they may have made at least one of their marriages work. Emily and Claire were attractive enough to get their husbands interested in them but they chose to behave like buffoons. Becca unfortunately didn’t have much going for her physically nor personality wise. How sad do you have to be to not get Austin interested? Only a shitty person would downplay an illness. Go have another drink you petty sore loser!
  10. kwnyc

S07.E03: Capsized

When they found the mom stuck in the door, and Bobby grabbed an ax, I thought he was going to hand it to Athena and say: you've done a field amputation before... But seriously, never a dull moment, including the "who cares" team flying to the rescue! Like he did with the "proud Aspie" in the "bus through the skyscraper" episode. See, I pay attention!
  11. Also a latecomer thanks to the debut of the 4th season—I was completely unaware of this series and love it. Glassblowing is so neat! I see we are unanimous in our outrage over Chris being kept rather than Jason. I wonder if this smug twatwaffle faced any professional or personal backlash over his appearances on the show? Just how big is he in the world of glassblowing? Cat knocked it out of the park on this one, her angry vacuum cleaner had as much personality as a professional animator's cartoon character. Brad's toon was also inspired and well-executed, if a clear second to Cat's imho.
  12. I didn't care for Jem, and her going home with the idol is just desserts, as far as I'm concerned. People in and watching the show know the level of producer manipulation at this point. FORTY SIX seasons. It's no surprise. Some of these people are more vulnerable to it after less than 2 weeks, some are less. If she flat-out refused to do what they suggested, what are they going to do? I like being able to identify team members by their clothing colors. Though I'm still not certain that Liz & Mariah are 2 separate people. I'm just going to call them Liziah.
  13. We were yelling at the television with that. Like sure, LCK usually Tom throws a challenge related to what someone was PYKAG'd for, but to be the guy who VOLUNTARILY does it? At no point did Tom do the usual "Valentine, in the challenge you effed up toasted corn and so now this challenge in LCK, you'll be making a dish consisting of nothing BUT toasted corn nuts. And include a beverage." Valentine, you got in your own way.
  14. Here in Oz, I live in a place where I can see the stars. Tonight was the first night where I could see Orion and the Southern Cross. The Cross is a lot further east, I'm used to seeing it in the early morning before the sun comes up. Orion was pretty far west, but it was still within sight.
  15. Wasn't it Robyn who commented in an episode that the younger kids don't even know their siblings? No sense in taking them to a gathering which will be full of emotional people they don't know. And I agree - if they were there, at least one of them would be front and center. As she seems to be whenever there's a camera at their house.
  16. But within the episode they thoroughly established that Cory, the kid, was "on the spectrum," or, as my Mom used to say, a "late bloomer," which gave Bobby the opportunity to deliver his surprisingly refreshing efficiently empathetic lines to Cory instead of gruff lines: [CORY] I'm not supposed to go with strangers. [BOBBY] Okay, well, that's good advice. Cory, I'm Bobby. Now we're not strangers anymore. All right? [CORY] Okay. [BOBBY] Okay. Let's go.
  17. I’m so pissed off at Lucas. I like the interns- especially Blue (I think that’s his name. He went to St. Kits) I like the tension/sexual tension between him and I forget her name. I’m bad with names and I’ve only become interested in them this season.
  18. Mo, peering out the window in the early morning Notice two "sweethearts" on his shoulder. There are also a couple clinging to his moustache. And this is where they end up: All over the bed in vast numbers because he keeps going out and fetching more! At least the sweethearts aren't as uncomfortable as the occasional burr he brings in.....
  19. I made it through four episodes before being curious enough to see what others think of this show. The lack of posts in this section is telling. At this point, my main hope is that Agnes and her son make it out of the country safely, but I fear she's being set up too. She's the only character I actually root for though - which is one reason why this show has become such a slog. And it should be much funnier than it is. Succession was about terrible people too, whom you had a hard time rooting for - but every episode was so freaking funny. These episodes just leave me depressed.
  20. Finished my latest watch last week and I don’t know what it is about this show, but it never gets old to me even as I have lost interest in other shows over time or even seen full series that I enjoyed but don’t care to rewatch again. I feel that the chemistry the cast of “girls” has and their overall comedic timing really helps, or their friendship that just lasts so many years even when they do fight and have other ups and downs. They didn’t just want to cut each other out of their lives at the first sign of a problem and always come around to realize how much they mean to each other. I’ve said this before but it really is nice to watch a show that shows the characters struggling or indicates the societal problems of the 80s, but at the same time, it really was a simpler time when people connected or weren’t so busy and on the run all the time, or couldn’t hide behind media or computers frequently.
  21. This one hurts. Mr. Gossett has been a part of my childhood since the 70’s….from A Raisin in the Sun to Good Times to The Jeffersons* to Roots and of course, his Oscar winning role as Gunnery Sergeant Emil Foley in An Officer and a Gentleman. Rest well, sir. *One of many funny scenes in a favorite episode titled George’s Friend
  22. I kind of loved Amy's mic drop about Brooke and Savannah. She just threw it out and walked away. It was good end to the episode because I didn't see it coming
  23. Over the years I have gotten tired of the standard sci-fi narcissistic notion that "only humans matter" - as if it would be perfectly fine if all life on Earth was destroyed but a small group of humans managed to survive. Personally, I don't think life would be worth living without all the other life on Earth. But there are so many issues with (Chinese Mom) Yen Wenjie's way of thinking: Turning "Silent Spring" into a anti-human manifesto is messed up. "All life is connected.": agreed - but that includes human life. Yen has been betrayed, beaten, helped deforest acres of land and has lost faith in humanity .. but her own brutality is making her seem like an evil crazy genius scorned woman. Yen received only one message from the aliens before she invited them to conquer Earth. Why would she assume the aliens were only interested in subjugating humans? They could have plans to terraform the entire planet.
  24. I don't see her stringing him along at all. Paige is committed and happy. They're talking marriage. She just doesn't want to be financially beholden to him (or any man), which I get. Further, were the gender reversed, this wouldn't even be a discussion point. It's crazy to me to me that because Paige (as the desperate over 30 woman) isn't the one begging Craig (the reluctant bachelor) to propose that it means she doesn't love him or isn't committed to their future. Shocked by the empathy & grace Paige & Amanda showed Lindsey. She doesn't deserve it but it was nice to see. Same again with the guys supporting Carl. I'm shocked at how close they actually came to getting married when they're so broken as a couple. Lindsey never truly questioned Carl's sobriety, she just resented his calling out her drinking. Yeah, that's healthy communication. Did she learn that from her therapist?. Finally, Craig looked so HOT in that mechanics uniform.
  25. I understand why it's an hour, because they have to fill the spot previously occupied by the James Corden show. I'm not sure what more they could do to make it work better as an hour-long show, but it really did work better as a half-hour show. When it's not working, it's really, really not working.
  26. I've always heard it as 'blowing' a gasket, which is something that can happen to an engine, you don't really 'throw' a gasket.
  1. Load more activity