Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ashforth

S17.E06: Power Play

I think it's interesting that at the beginning of the season, Hester was getting the "villain" edit, but she's been rehabilitated and replaced as the bad guy with Tessa. There is no way that Tessa is the only contestant giving negative opinions of the other designer's work in the talking heads, but lately she's the only one whose critiques are shown. Now that I've had a chance to see the runway photos for this episode online, let's take a second look. "Safe" designs: Sebastian
  3. GraceK

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Doesn’t make sense. There is absolutely no reason for Daenerys to say to Sansa she should have never trusted Cersei. Dany doesn’t know Sansa at all, and Sansa never trusted Cersei. So it would take an extreme level of bad writing and ridiculousness for Dany to say that to her. Also, judging by the previews Dany looks pretty pissed at Tyrion so just by common sense alone I’m pretty sure she’s talking about him . I mean, you can believe Dany says YOU to Sansa, but not to be rude, that just seems like bias to me. And if the writers actually go that route, then they are really pushing hard to retcon Daenarys character, because logically and story wise it doesn’t make sense.
  4. Colorful Mess

S08.E01: Winterfell

You're just describing a rationale for conflict between these two sides. Dany wants the North. The North wants independence. This will probably lead to war. The Starks ruled in the North for 8,000 years, not hundreds. The Targaryens for 300. Its just one long hostage situation started by Aegon and restarted by Dany. No one in the North would choose a Targaryen. They chose Jon, he was elected. No one elected Dany in Westeros.
  5. Jacks-Son

Whiskey Cavalier

Why does this show insist on using that stupid trope that the supposedly too cool for school, African-American guy is really an out of touch scared little boy? He lusts after the CIA agent yet when speaking to her, he is incapable of simple speech. Its not funny. Its lazy writing and insulting. Contrary to modern television, nerds can and do talk properly to women and are not shivering dorks that constantly need pep-talks on how to speak to women without resorting to a Mr. T starter kit hanging around his neck. The way they are depicting Standish, Frankie has more balls than him. Hell, Susan has more balls than him. I understand he is being used for comedic effect, but does a character have to be a complete loser in order to bring comedy to the show? Also, how the fuck did Ray, of all people, manage to have an affair with Will's fiance?
  6. leighdear

Bosch

YAY! So glad to have the gang back and keeping LA safe for dealers, murderers and assorted scumbags! 😁
  7. I might be speaking to soon,but the skunk is trying to act normal tonight. I wonder if it’s seeing Ali with David ,on prime time already. She might be feeling the walls closing in.
  8. kes0704

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

This is me. I really do not understand the Tommy obsession in fandom. He was a one season character that served his purpose in Oliver choosing to approach his mission in another way. Bringing him back as resurrected, post-Lazarus Pit Tommy would’ve had an impact on S3 or early S4 Oliver. But S7 Oliver is a different man who is at a different point in his life now. S7 Oliver has a wife and child and a baby on the way. Bringing Tommy back for 10 episodes seems pointless when we’ll know that Oliver’s wife and baby daughter are hidden away in a cabin in the woods. At this point in the show, I don’t really expect the writers to take any time to explain why dealing with Tommy would take priority over his family. I will side eye any shock or surprise on Oliver’s part at seeing a version of Tommy again. He’s popped up in one form or another so often it should just be a routine event now.
  9. anamika

I certainly hope Sansa is doing something special this season to justify all the hyping the cast and crew are doing for both Sansa and Sophie Turner. Are the only recognizable Northern leaders with dialogue on the show currently Alys Karstark and Lyanna Mormont? I thought they would introduce more Northern house leaders to kill off as red-shirts like Karsi at Hardhome. But looks like that's not happening. Over on Tumblr, folks were discussing this picture with the staircase in the back and the blue glow: Plus Emilia doing more filming in Iceland in this costume: Could we be seeing Dany and the gang go to the lands of always winter to track down that altar of winter in episode 4? The heroes would have to strike back after Winterfell is taken down and Maisie did bring up this scene of the NK turning the baby in one of her interviews - so it looks to be important. In the books, we know that Bran is going to be exploring all this as per GRRM. But since he is chairbound in WF, he probably sends the gang to destroy it.
  10. phoenics

S05.E18: Godspeed

Thank you for the receipts. That's even more damning and more proof of what I was saying. I'll say one last thing. Amazing how angry Barry got at Wally for his unintentional mistake of not revealing the Savitar visions (which Wally didn't understand at the time and clearly wasn't acting that way to intentionally harm anyone). Now - he's over the top angry at Nora. Enough to basically disown her - without Iris' knowledge. Yes Barry has every right to be really angry - but that's his FAMILY. I've seen Barry yell at Joe before. So that's Joe, Wally and Nora (may need to double check if he yelled). The only other person besides Thawne that I've seen Barry get so angry he's yelling with are other villains. The only time he got angry at Oliver was when he was under the influence of Rainbow Rider. Same with Eddie. So the ones getting yelled at are Joe, Wally, Nora (?) and now Iris. Perhaps he only yells at family... Or... <massive side eye> Tell me again this has nothing to do with race. Sure, we can sit here and say well that's his family - you tend to yell more at family - but it's still ugly as hell and ... problematic. The writers need to check themselves. Maybe this is unconscious. Maybe not. But having Barry only yell at white characters in anger when they are villains, but he freely yells at the black characters that play his family IS problematic - especially if no one calls out his yelling at family. Especially a family full of black folks - I wish a white boy WOULD yell at my father (who happened to raise him). LMAO the thought is crazy.
  11. dgpolo

S31E01: You're In Our Race Now

What I was going to say, but you were much more succinct.
  12. GrannySmith

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

Back to 2/5 this week.
  13. lovemesomejoolery

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

THAT move (hiding cards) was a move my parents did. It scarred me for life! Not really, but I didn't miss an opportunity to tell my folks that it did. I was well in my 40's and was still harping on it!
  14. preeya

Chicago Med in the Media

Just read, the Dynamic Duo is leaving Med: https://tvline.com/2019/04/19/chicago-pd-jon-seda-leaving-antonio-dawson-season-6/
  15. mbaywife123

Chit-Chat

I always go by my "gut" feelings reguarding neighbor issues. The occasional loud music or party no big deal, however continual disrespect of your neighbors is rude and should first be dealt with a "friendly" visit and a "Thank You , I,m sure you were not aware " visit. If the problems persist or other issues start to happen and make you feel something is just not right then it is time to report, you could potentially help save someone who may be I in an abusive relationship.
  16. saber5055

Jeopardy! Season 35 (2018-2019)

I played the game against myself again today and got beaten badly, 36 to 25. Some of those Do Not Knows I did know and could have answered if I had FJ time instead of the split second allowed for regular board clues. I've also discovered that my mind wanders if the clue is too long, and I'm thinking about something else before I get the whole thing read. Or listened to. I did get the three TSs, Quaker, sawbones and Jerome Robbins. Maybe I should get double points for those. I saw the FJ category and thought, "Oh, crumb bums, I'm sunk." I thought the same last time we had that category and it turned out to be an easy Bonnie Prince Charles question. So I figured no such luck this time. But will wonders never cease, I answered easily and without much thinking. Which is good because if I started thinking of those kids I might have said "William," like Gabby did. I thought James seemed tired too. I hope he is getting some rest and didn't have to tape another game right after this one. I want him to continue forever. This interesting factoid is from TheJeopardyFan.com. James was VERY close to this record: With James being incorrect on the first clue of today’s match, Liz Haigney Lynch’s record of seeing 179 consecutive clues without being incorrect remains intact.
  17. Robert Lynch

Motown 60: A Grammy Celebration (CBS)

I really don't know. We have to see how they will do this.
  18. preeya

Chicago PD in the Media

Just read that Jon Seda is leaving P.D. https://tvline.com/2019/04/19/chicago-pd-jon-seda-leaving-antonio-dawson-season-6/
  19. Just count the rib money Jimmy, forget your dignity.
  20. LoneHaranguer

S12.E19: The Inspiration Deprivation

If you had enough students getting academic credit as well as a paycheck for their work (e.g. lab/research positions) a college could potentially put HR on the academic side. CalTech hasn't IRL.
  21. I don’t watch the Bachelor very much but I have to ask - do the girls in the house usually leave before they are eliminated? This has happened two weeks in a row. Yoga girl must have realized that her “dancing” with beaver shots and posing made her look totally ridiculous and she would never redeem herself. Also, she wasn’t getting the attention she’s used to. Glad to see her gone. I don’t think that Paulie is sincere about settling down with anyone, so I was glad he spoke to Nikki about not monopolizing him.
  22. GrailKing

Yes I'm wrong? because I got the official up on another window and they both say. YOU!
  23. Snarky McSnarky

Jenelle: Birther Of 3, Mother To None

That's some old wombat shit. Punch cards haven't been used since, what, the 1980s?
  24. How?? I stuck with Manifest for a long time, but I finally lost interest for good. I didn’t think the ratings were great
  25. Kdel1079

S17.E06: Power Play

I also loved Tessa’s look and hated Hester’s. Leela’s was really beautiful and was probably my favorite. Hester is annoying and her clothes are ugly. I agree with the person who said she is like 38 going on 6. Exactly! Couldn’t get into Garo’s costume because he was just too damn proud of it. Tessa puts her head down and works, and I admire that. No need to brag about some ten minute dress you’ve made a million times.
  26. funnygirl

S15.E22: Head Over High Heels

Horny Deloser and her brother were not Arizona's "people". She had a shallow sexcapade with one and the other rented a room from her but they rarely interacted. But Alex, Bailey, Teddy and Richard were absolutely her people. You'd think she'd have been mentioned at least once in regards to Teddy's pregnancy, and maybe she still will if Teddy runs into labor complications. I'm actually surprised by the amount of times April has been mentioned, especially by Jackson, considering the optics that tptb couldn't get rid of her fast enough. Lexie Grey and Izzie Stevens could run circles around most of these current characters. If Krista intends on being cute with callbacks, have some respect on their names.
  1. Load more activity