Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. March 28: 67% / 57% / 61% Not too terrible in the first round...ran LGBTQ+ Writers, missed one in Alphanumerics and Devil's Dictionary, two in Free For All and Pop Culture, and four in Interstate. In DJ I missed one in Tough Vocab, two in British Explorers, Art Terms, and Science, and three in Round Here and Hip-Pop. Did not get FJ. TSes: (J had 4 + the DD; DJ had 6) I got 5G, pantomime, hackney, and twenty. Yay, I was rooting for Sam. Cuz I wanna see him on my TV again. 😍
  3. Opening night for Water for Elephants was last week, so reviews are out if one wants to find them. But I thought this was interesting, with quotes from and photos of Gustin: https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/arts-and-culture/g60267813/grant-gustin-broadway-water-for-elephants-opening-night-photo-diary/
  4. Ditto, I quit watching after about two or so episodes in. This season is a total bust, can't imagine anyone is finding it fun to watch, It's gag inducing.
  5. Elsa dies of an overdose. Her drug could have been tampered with. She’s a threat to Spatz because she knows his true identity. Catherine's emotional confession to Mr. Friedman about Tania's tragic death is dark and disturbing. Christian doesn’t seem to have entrepreneurial flair and passion for business management. He’s really lucky to have Madame Zehnacker taking care the business part of the House of Dior. Expecting to see Christian hard at work with his team - sketching, cutting fabrics, sewing, fitting on mannequins & models etc. but this show has no interest to feature any of these. 😣
  6. ProudMary

MLB Thread

That game ended MUCH better than it began!
  7. Diane ~~~~~~~~~~ Sally ~~~~~~~~~~ Audra ~~~~~~~~~~ Mariah ~~~~~~~~~~ Ashley ~~~~~~~~~~ Nina ~~~~~~~~~~ Lauren ~~~~~~~~~~ Nikki
  8. I didn't need glasses at all until I was 22, and used them only for driving. Then within two years my eyes were bad enough that I needed glasses all the time, so I got contacts. And my eyes went downhill fast after that, settling in the -5.00 range for a couple of decades. And then when I got older they started getting better. This most recent improvement has been wonderful because my multifocal contacts are working well enough that I don't HAVE to use reading glasses like I used to, in addition to the multifocal contacts. I think it's because the contacts aren't having to correct as much for distance as they used to, so my eyes don't need as much near correction to counteract the far correction. Also, I forgot to include Popeye's in the list of places to eat if you want your nearsightedness to improve. I started taking a multivitamin back before settling into this current diet regimen. I looked at the nutrition information for a bunch of different foods and realized that to get 100% of all the required nutrients, you'd have to eat an enormous amount of food, and be strategic about it. A multivitamin might not help (especially since without regulations, who knows what they actually contain), but it's unlikely to harm me. Good old beaver butt.
  9. I have already quit watching. Anthony and Spicy V are ruining the season. If they leave I may watch again. Otherwise I am done.
  10. Meh, I know he's troubled but I am so over pouty-faced Connor. Diane not wearing one of her usual sheath dresses and apparently loaded for bear. Victoria's long, high pony was interesting. I didn't think her hair would fall so far down her back. Extensions? Jordan had a seizure so her prison transfer was delayed. Yeesh, she redefines the word "wily." Connor whined that he was questioning reality. This kid. Maybe Adam and Chelsea should arrange for him to sample some LSD. 😉 Well okay, I guess Diane did have a point. Kyle shouldn't have changed her documents without telling her. She likely has an admin assistant or other staff who can proofread and fact-check her work--at her request. Besides, if Diane's regularly putting out problematic information with the Jabot imprimatur, that'll eventually come back to bite her, without Kyle's "help." IMO Connor still didn't seem truly convinced about going to the OCD treatment center in MD. He just ran out of energy to keep arguing with his parents. I wonder if he'll run away. Whatever, Nikki. You'd be one of the last people to be much concerned about Ashley's odd behavior, especially if it didn't affect you personally. AFAIC you gave Jack almost worthless advice. Claire and Kyle getting to know each other. Yep, the countdown to their coupledom begins. Sure, Sally. Connor out of the local picture will eventually leave Adam more time to focus on you. Even Chelsea lowkey acknowledged it. Golf claps, hon. Dang, Claire ain't gonna make it easy for Kyle. And he accepted the challenge. Let's go! JORDAN ESCAPED FROM THE HOSPITAL!!! My surprised face says, "Yawn" 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
  11. I can't even look at Anthony, his goodbye messages make me sick. I hope he goes soon. I wish Vee would stop stroking her damned hair. I thought Dinis had a chance, and he knew what everyone was up to. I don't have a favourite, in fact I was thinking of taking it off my pvr. Crap season so far.
  12. Mostly because of all the Botox in her face and she puffs out her chest when she tries to show superiority. That fucking piece of shit. Mr Hyde has weaponized Douglas once again. Like Stuffy being a ventriloquist for Mr Hyde, Mr Hyde is a ventriloquist for Douglas. What the fuck? Douglas brings up Caroline, as his birth mother, and his dad was good enough for her. That goes even more to the brainwashing of Douglas by Mr Hyde. Douglas doesn’t even know he wasn’t conceived in love but by lust and I’m going to say it by rape. Caroline and Mr Hyde weren’t ever married and I believe they live separately in NYC. So for Douglas there is revisionist history instead of misunderstanding night. Do I feel bad for Hope? Only when it comes to Douglas but she has dodged a bullet when it comes to Mr Hyde. If Mr Hyde is not to be seen for a long long time, I’m happy for me.
  13. Uh oh. It looks like the Great Punctuation Wars of 2024 have made their way to the Upper Midwest. Kyle's doing a sneak attack, armed with a thesaurus, a red pen and a jar of whiteout and Diane's fighting back with extra commas, exclamation marks and a hairful of split infinitives. Families are being torn apart by the Oxford Comma controversary - can conflict over one space or two at the end of a sentence be far behind? Bouffants are gonna fall, folks! It's gonna be a sad Mother's Day in Mudville. I'm really hoping Aunt Jordan shows up this time in a Groucho Marx mask with a corsage that spouts water wearing clown shoes. Nobody but nobody in this crowd will notice her. I'm surprised that by now Nikki, let alone Newman Security, don't know that Victor turns off his phone when he's in the can reading the latest issue of "Jokes for the John". Geez. Joshie G. really went all out writing today's episode, didn't he?
  14. Carey

College Basketball

Someone asked for the start times I think. I thought I posted them, but here they are nonetheless. In my decent Ultra Lazy Bracket, I actually have 12 of the 16 teams still in it, including my entire Elite 8. That means at least most if not all of that will come crumbling down prior to the weekend. Fortunately, all of the games are pretty decent
  15. mojoween

MLB Thread

I’m back in, baby!
  16. I am SO looking forward to seeing what ghost bachelor parties are like XD. I like this potential love interest for Alberta, too, it'll be fun to see them hitting it off. This episode sounds like it's going to be very entertaining.
  17. Why am I not surprised that Connor that is going to the facility in MD? Why am I not surprised that there is a chemistry test between Kyle and Claire/Eve? Why am I not surprised that Auntie Jordan escaped from the hospital? Are there any surprises left?
  18. Lmao, I’m sorry but reading that just made me think: “DARKNESS! NO PARENTS!” Gotta give Lois credit for telling off AI Jor-El for being such a crappy dad.
  19. Will we look back at this as the episode where Maggie became Olivia Benson? Even Batman and Robin in the old TV show had Bat-Respirators when they knew they'd be exposed to Penguin gas. But modern FBI agents facing the prospect of aerosolized ricin? Nahh. They just scowl and it fends off all lethal effects. It was a good episode despite the red herring of Jess dying. I would have liked to see more violence against the terrorists, though. Maggie losing it on the professor, that kind of thing. Is there some reason agents can't shoot a perpetrator in the back if they're fleeing with a weapon of mass destruction, especially after they have attempted to deploy it?
  20. Have your ants and my ants been talking to each other somehow?!
  21. Victoria's ability to play the organ is supposed to be a unique talent that would help her get an immigration visa? I don't buy that.
  22. I mean…couldn’t we have gotten a decent college storyline out of the show? Clark on campus could’ve been entertaining. It would have been so much better if we had this Lois in the previous seasons. Or just, you know, had Lois leave after a couple of episodes in season 4, then come back in season 9 as the polished reporter we all know.
  23. I said last week who I thought lizard is and this week Robin and Rita agree with me. I’m still torn on clock. Surprised no one tried singing the theme from the Jefferson’s.
  24. I did expect to see a three-way contest for the first LCK episode (David, Valentine, Soo), but a) I didn't miss annoying David and b) given how badly he flamed out in the sudden-death cookoff in ep. 1, I don't think he had the headspace for it. If he'd survived a few episodes he might have got the hang of QFs, but you can't slide by in LCK. I don't think that's much shy from the first opportunity to slide (back) into the main show since they started doing the two tiers a couple or three seasons ago.
  1. Load more activity