Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The more I think about it the more I think Emily's "therapist" is one of Clarapist's therapist friends. I have a feeling that Clarapist has taken Emily on as her little pet therapy project and that might not be a bad thing if she has referred her to an actual therapist that wouldn't appear on this show. It does look to me like Clarapist has moved on somewhat and isn't as bitter anymore (same for Becca) and is probably encouraging Emily to work on her issues before she attempts another committed relationship. I don't think it was any accident that Emily talked about her "daddy issues" and how Brennan's way with her (and rejection of her as a person) triggered her big time. I see a lot in that admission, including potential reasons why she's avoided getting too emotionally close to any men so far in her life. If she's as far along as that, I see that as progress and so perhaps she is coming along and Clarapist's influence has now turned into one of helping her instead of encouraging her to stay stuck in her hurt/anger phase.
  3. Well, I just finished today's episode and we are officially in hell. The monkeys with typewriters win. I give up. The stupid is interminable. I'm embarrassed for the cast.
  4. Well that's disappointing. Seems like a lot of the shows that I watch on regular broadcast TV are getting cancelled despite decent ratings. I know the networks complain that viewership overall is down, but when they keep cancelling shows that do decently in the ratings, it makes it hard to invest in new shows. It's like they are pushing us to streaming platforms or to just not watch at all.
  5. He was managing the family business (badly), and its board of directors relieved him of his position, therefore eliminating the income he earned from his job.
  6. Gen X here 🙂- There is a MAFS Facebook Group where someone with Emily's name has made comments defending herself..... So I assumed that Chloe was referring to Emily...
  7. I mentioned gentle pressure during the episode. There was an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 where the characters riffed on a railroad safety film, Days Of Our Years. One of the things brought up was about applying gentle pressure to the shoulder in order to get the attention of someone who is welding. They didn't cover arc-eye. Here's the video; I cued it up to the relevant part, but the whole thing is darkly funny.
  8. I'm conflicted about it. I understand why he would mention his idol. 1) He's extending his hand to built a relationship with people that can play the game with him after that one TC. I get that he's trying to leverage his idol to get people to play with him this one round, and if that plan turns out to be successful, maybe they'd be open to playing with him further down the line rather than just this one time. 2) Also, if he hadn't told anyone, and he received the majority of votes, and surprised everyone and plays it for himself, that makes him an even bigger target. He's now becomes the "white whale" that everyone needs to take down to build a resume. HOWEVER, the reason I think he'd an idiot is not necessarily because he told people he had the idol, but rather why keep it after he revealed he had it? Now that people know he has the thing, it makes him a target in a different way. Why not save himself for one more day and hope that the plan he came up with went his way?
  9. Mike Pinder, the Moody Blues Keyboardist and Founding Member, Dead at 82
  10. I will say that one thing I'm enjoying about this season compared to the last two is there’s no Reba 4 or Tika 3 dominating the end game. What was annoying about the Reba 4 was that they seemed to have every twist benefit them and they’d show up to post-merge TC where everyone but them couldn’t vote (or so it seemed but you get the point). I think I liked the casts better overall those seasons, but it was funny how the Nami 5 should have dominated the merge but they all couldn’t stand each other. And Venus should have been a beneficial outlier to the other sides but no one wanted to work with her. In reality, the 3 Yanus seemed the tightest despite coming from the more dysfunctional tribe in the beginning until Q went off the rails last week. I don’t even think Kenzie and Tiffany cared about being out first in the IC last night just because they didn’t have to work with him. It’s definitely a different kind of Survivor season for sure. The merge phase I feel like has been a roller coaster-started off strong, got boring, now I feel like we’re in another dimension with it.
  11. ‘Law & Order: Organized Crime’ Moving to Peacock for Season 5
  12. I think it was right before the site went down for a week back in January.
  13. I'd much rather listen to Melissa and Yvonne sing. Hey now, that's his only redeeming quality. Oh, she is, but it wouldn't matter either way because Vinny wasn't going to listen to her (or anyone else, probably) anyway. It's his way or else. Danny can only do 1 more so they're going to have to choose very carefully from now on. She should've done the face painting task from leg 2.
  14. Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 June 2, 2024 Paramount+ A series of explosions rock Kingstown and its citizens, as a new face of the Russian mob sets up shop in the city, and a drug war rages inside and outside prison walls. The pressure is on Mike McLusky (Jeremy Renner) to end the war but things get complicated when a familiar face from his incarcerated past threatens to undermine the Mayor’s attempts to keep the peace among all factions.
  15. It was earlier this year but I don't remember exactly when.
  16. You have shown remarkable patience! I no longer "want" to watch, but I'm limping along to the finish. All the characters are awful now, the writing is terrible, and the acting is stilted.
  17. I'll defend Tiffany a little. Was it very likely that enough people would target her at this juncture to make playing her idol worth it? There was, with the information she had available, not much reason to think that she might get a plurality of votes. We know that Kenzie set in motion a possible blindside of her. But Tiffany did not have not much reason to think that Kenzie would vote her at this point. Q might have reason to vote her, but he also has reason to keep her (such as to make amends and to win her and other potential jury votes over) Other than Big Move Fever, nothing suggests anyone but Maria has any beef with her. By contrast: Q had begged to be voted off last time and was annoying everyone by staying. So it seemed likely he was going to get some votes. Hunter is a challenge beast who at any time could go on an immunity run and at the very least would reduce the chances of others getting immunities. So it would make sense to try to get him out now while the getting was good. Venus had already gotten some votes in the past and might have been drawn some in this one. The probability of her idol being flushed if she played it versus it actually saving her like it's far better odds of it being flushed. Whereas I would put odds in Hunter's case like 50-50. And even if it is flushed, he has a pretty good chance of winning a future immunity. Whereas nothing we've yet seen from Tiff if I'm not mistaken suggests she is likely to even be in the top 2 of an immunity challenge.
  18. ‘Equalizer’ Renewed for Season 5 at CBS
  19. This season is truly hilarious and chaotic. It's not only nice to see some fun being interjected instead of boring ass predictable weeks, it's fun to see this cast almost certainly HATE each other. When's the last time we had no solid alliances beyond Charlie/Maria and the cast going after each other in such an egoistical way? All of them trying to claim moves that might not be theirs, them trying to take control from other egos, players making bad mistakes because they can't predict what's going on? It's fun to watch, something we haven't seen in a long time. There's no true dominant alliance. The closest we have right now is Charlie/Maria, that's it. For me, it's fun to not really root for anyone and watch their bad gameplay spiral. Even the good players can't wrap their heads around the bad gameplay, so it makes for a fun season for me. I fully get why others will be annoyed with this season. I just like having nobody to truly root for and getting to watch mess and chaos reign. Q shoved Venus out of the 0 vote finalist spot quite quickly. Venus definitely has a better shot to win now than Q. But Q's issue is if he can actually GET to the end or if others will simply want him gone for continuously derailing the game. His inability to play the game and pissing people off is hilarious. Venus still sucks at the game, she also pisses people off but not to the extent Q has. She does have good perception of the game, she just has no ability to connect with people socially so she has no way of making a move without using an advantage of some kind. Liz getting mad about Q was hilarious, but I do think she has a point. Q derailed the next couple of days with his antics. The immediate discussions and even next Tribal became about Q, not Tevin's blindside. Liz did make that move, so I don't blame her for being upset. But she needs to realize that she needs that to be under the radar, so she can bring it up at FTC if she can get there. Hunter not playing his idol was ridiculous. He clearly knew something was up, was paranoid to mention his idol to make a move, and questioned people at Tribal. He should have played it. That was a massive blunder on his end. Tiffany messed up too, but she didn't toss out the playing her idol threat so last minute, so she had more time to gauge the situation AND they all knew she had it. Jeff's really matched the energy this season. It's weird, I gotta admit.
  20. The jury breakdown could be 4 Nami-2 Siga-2 Yanu (if Liz is in the final 3) or 5 Nami-1 Siga-2 Yanu (if Liz is on the jury). I think that could be the scenario where Kenzie wins unanimously. She gets all Nami, Ben, and her former Yanus. I was back and forth as to whether Ben would like vote for Charlie, who he’s seemed close to, or Kenzie, but since Maria acts like she doesn’t want Ben in her and Charlie’s alliance (from a secret scene) maybe he’s turned off by them and just respects Kenzie more. Especially after that scene where he had a panic attack. And like I said above, Maria and Charlie may just cancel each other out. But I could actually see a case where Maria doesn’t vote for Charlie if she’s on the jury, and that’s if he takes credit for moves she believes are hers or doesn’t act like they were equal allies. In addition, maybe he votes her off at the F5 and she’s just bitter lol. But I think it might be the former, she just doesn’t respect his game in the end.
  21. Am I supposed to "side hug" my kid so people don't think I'm perving on my own children? Or is the kid supposed to be embarrassed by parental affection? Because the kid in the commercial does not look awkward. Can't people just hug their kids and not make something creepy out of it?
  22. Priorities! Making the needs of the future cult congregation are priorities of the heathens and the godless. The two boys are being groomed for greatness anyway. They can take over the cult congregation of converting the young, hot and foreign into the cult. Ick and his member are the only priority that needs to be addressed. Dani who? Oh yeah the lady who will do for Ick in a pinch. And the newest child is a girl right? Sigh.
  1. Load more activity