Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Right off the bat I said "How could that cart woman not see Blair Underwood step out from the corner?" That was so obvious it hurt. I've tried a few episodes now, maybe one more. I'm tired of the TV trope of incompetent detectives shown up by the outsider on the most basic of evidence. I am glad the twatwaffle ball girl got nabbed, too. Extortion is not a misdemeanor.
  3. From my experience with Mary Kay even 30 years ago it was more like a MLM scheme because of the pushy saleswoman I had to deal with and because they keep recruiting salespeople and make you buy the product and you have to sell it or you're stuck with it. Mary Kay says it offers to buy back unsold products with a 10% charge but most of the time they discourage sellers from doing that. I know back in the day Avon and Tupperware weren't like MLMs but Avon today supposedly is, according to that article I posted.
  4. I shudder to think of the kind of groupie Danny could attract. I think of some late 50s, early 60s barfly with a bad dye job, pleather pants, and a Sky Top from Plato's Closet and reeking of total desperation. And of course shitty taste in music.
  5. This may seem pretty weird, and I honestly don't expect to find exactly what I'm looking for, but ... While I wish I had the time to watch every single episode, does anyone know where I can find a list of Martin-centric - or eps with more of a focus on Martin - or at least eps with important bits of his backstory. Also hoping for some help on the Martin/Sam relationship timeline. I know there are at least a few Martin-centric or focused episodes, from reading some ep descriptions, like S2's A Tree Falls and Shadows. I think I have a general-ish timeline on the M/S from reading this thread and various things around the web, but need confirmation. What I've picked up implies that Martin begins to realize his feelings about Sam in the latter half of S1, they have 'moments' throughout S2, "officially" get together at the end of S2, and then officially end in S3's The Bogie Man.
  6. I've never been so happy to be wrong. I'm still over here screaming my damn head off for Nymphia!
  7. I thought tonight's game was fun. They kept things moving, cleared the board, and still managed to be kind of funny. The bios were fun, too. Marko putting the ! after his name meant I kept having the impulse to shout POLO! every time the camera allowed me to see the podium, though.
  8. Carl and Lindsey have the same job tho. She’s just a bitch. Danielle is annoying as hell and should mind her own business. Who cares what she thinks about Craig and Paige’s relationship. West has known Ciara for 6 weeks and has only taken her on 2 dates lol. How is that even pursuing her. She doesn’t have to sleep with him if she doesn’t want to. It being expected of her is annoying. Ciara’s manager was weird tho with West asking his intentions lol like so awkward. Gabby is boring and stuck up.
  9. Dementia can be different for a lot of people. From my experiences (too many at this point to not fear it for myself), the spouse is usually the last forgotten. That said, it is still very hard because he probably feels a lot of pressure and frustration. My mother had some dementia related to a previous treatment of cancer. She would become very agitated and angry. At the end she was throwing things at me and demanding my father leave (me too but I was stubborn). This isn't something we as watchers and followers know or can judge, but it might be time for them to consider some professional help for them. Jane's got some mobility issues. Bill is communicating less and less. All that said, I am not surprised he didn't recognize or remember Carlin and the kids. There are just so many in that family. I appreciate that Alyssa's visit was quiet. She worked to help them. She didn't bring all five kids and make more noise and confusion. I was Allie's age when my grandfather died of a brain tumor. Not dementia but he had cognitive issues after his surgery and treatment. I wish I could remember him in better days and not just automatically remember him not knowing me. Things he said and did were scary. I hope that the Bates kid-adults will shield their kids from some of that pain and help Bill not feel so angry and frustrated for not remembering.
  10. I just want to know what happened to poor Oskar.
  11. The flag coffin line is good in theory, coming from someone else. However, Joss and Dex are not married nor engaged nor do they share a child, so her line about refusing a flag from Anna's hands made me roll my eyes. Apparently so. Or the writers think the audience doesn't remember Molly's dad/Sonny's brother because he's been gone from Port Charles for so long now. Even Kristina isn't allowed to remember him. I remember a Kristina-Molly conversation where Kristina spoke about Molly being so knowledgeable about/invested in the law because of mom, as if her own uncle/former stepdad, Molly's attorney father, never existed.
  12. Is that what happened? I kept wondering why I didn't see her with the other queens after the cut. It can be rough to keep going when your delusion balloon gets punctured. Sweet mom though.
  13. It was nice seeing Blair Underwood again. I will always remember him as Miranda's handsome doctor boyfriend on SATC that plugged Steve's nose with tampons. I do hope they're faking us out with the captain and I agree with the above that his machinations seem a little too obvious to be real. If not I'd hate that because the show has made us love him already and we'd hate to lose him.
  14. I remember reading an article that said, because of union contracts (or something like that), they don't travel more than 75 miles from their destination/home base. That's when I knew we wouldn't be getting a sports-themed challenge at Lambeau Field. They're mostly a Door County thing. You could probably find a fish fry or a pizza on the farm event but I think a fish boil, which is largely tied to Lake Michigan, is more of a tradition on the eastern side. But do check out some of the apple farms, especially if you're in the southwest/Driftless area. I'm disappointed they focused on brandy alexanders and not a rather unique version of the old fashioned--the brandy old fashioned.
  15. Haha it was certainly the story she had prepared when the season was supposed to be all about her 😄
  16. Re: Mandisa How sad. Her time on American Idol feels like it was only yesterday.
  17. Released on their December 1964 album Beatles for Sale.
  18. Geez, between Dave running stop signs, Tim running into other cars, and Nurie's kid not being in a car seat during an accident, it's only a matter of time before one of them gets seriously injured or they injure someone else.
  19. Every once in a while in the first three seasons, one of the main ghosts would be missing with no explanation as to where they are. So it's not just the downstairs ghosts who aren't always around. I always assumed it was a cost-cutting measure. Given the weight of the episode, I think it was a smart choice to keep it to the core group. Besides, Carol doesn't know Flower. I'm guessing it was so dark that once he let go of her, he couldn't find her again.
  20. Well that, and the smile that she plastered on her face suggested that something wasn't adding up for a win. I wasn't really invested in any of the finalists, but should make it clear that I don't think that Nymphia is a poor choice for a winner: my problem is with the writers, and not her. She was so underwritten as a character during the season -- she was presented as schtick on top of Schtick -- that it's hard to remember any moment from the show where she wasn't self-produced or making fart noises. Something really went wrong with the writers, here, and I'd be sort of curious to know exactly what that was.
  21. Today
  22. I am shocked. I thought Sapphira had it all locked up so even though I thought Nymphia did better at their lip synch I was sure she still wasn't going to win. I was just hoping she would show up on All Stars. I think her win was well deserved because both of her performances were so good.
  23. Near the end of the episode when the girls watch the news on TV, Josephine looked surprised and said something like "wtf, she is dead?". I think she is just playing it being cruel and lethal because of her mafia obsession.
  24. Didn’t see that coming. The moment Sapphira was announced as Miss Congeniality, I had a feeling she wasn’t going to win. Clearly, the other contestants slept on Nymphia. Since she’d never lip synch, no one knew her capabilities. That she was a choreographer for K-Pop groups should have been a clue. I am willing to bet that Plain Jane regrets saving her with the potion. Speaking of Plain Jane, that was bad sportsmanship of her to leave before the show was over.
  25. I don't think pooling your skills to make it further in the race is a popularity constest. Danny is good at navigating, Amber is good at puzzles (well at least better than Angie). Why shouldn't they help each other? Also as multiple people have pointed out, this has been going on since season one. So it hasn't "become" anything. It always has been this way. It's just happening more often this season because of the covid setup (bunched starting and all self driving). That's about the opposite from what is happening here. Building alliences and showing your worth to other teams is a skill, just like driving stick and being physically fit. What you are describing is a team that lacks any and all social skills.
  1. Load more activity