Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Actor Jennifer Leak has died per a Facebook post by former husband Tim Matheson. Ms. Leak portrayed Colleen North in the film Yours, Mine and Ours and Olive Randolph in the NBC soap opera Another World.
  3. Messy is right! And I’ll join you at the EWWWE! Table at Gambit’s vision and that gross skin melting between Rogue and Magneto! So Nathan is Cable, right? Bleagh! SERIOUSLY! The clone had to have replaced the real Jean after he he original season four’s finale. But WHYYYYY? Why can’t Jean and Scott be happy for more than one goddamned minute?! And Logan is the ne to make Jean remember? As if she didn’t know already how much he’s in wuv with her?! I DO NOT NEED a retread of THAT triangle. I thought Storm knew who Forge was from the original series where his X-Factor team fought with the X-Men? I zipped through the series again so can’t recall. And if she was there, her not recognizing Forge makes no sense. And I’m also not seeing any deification of Scott here. What am I missing?
  4. I got The Blues Brothers: An Epic Friendship, the Rise of Improv, and the Making of an American Film Classic by Daniel de Visé for my birthday. It’s a good read, though reading about Belushi’s downward spiral breajs my heart. There were anecdotes about the making of the movie that even I didn’t know about; reviews trashed the movie and unfairly accused them of exploiting Black artists. Fine, they were white guys that probably had no business being in a blues band, but they damn well respected both the music and not only gave credit to the original artists, and encouraged all their fans to buy their music. Also thought it was unfair that critics dissed their singing abilities. Even if they weren’t professional musicians, they were still pretty good.
  5. Mothers of heirs have held power (until said heir came of age) in many cultures, I don't have a problem accepting Lady Ochiba does.
  6. I have plans to have a boudoir photo shoot done, but I’d never do it on TV and I won’t consent to the photographer even using them on her site or social media. I did kind of chuckle when Emily was taking pictures of Becca - Becca is a professional, Emily is not, and it showed. I also didn’t realize you could show thonged asses on Lifetime. I’m on the record as being supportive of Michael’s style but those shorts were very unserious. Agree, for a few reasons. For one, it makes the marriages feel much lower stakes. The couples used to have to find and pay for their housing if they weren’t going to move into one or the other’s place, so they had no choice but to talk money. Also commute - I like your place but it’s really far from work, etc. When they just move into a place the show provides, it feels less real. The show inched toward
  7. The lack of respirators kept pulling me out of the scenes. Especially Maggie with what she already went through. I would have figured she would have been the first to insist on wearing one -- or at least having one on her. I thought that Blake had mentioned temporary guardianship during that conversation before she went into surgery. That's when I got suspicious!
  8. I noticed at the beginning of this ep that both their rooms were clean. 😲 I am willing to wager that Arianna went to her room to eat her food because Sandoval was downstairs, then called his assistant several times asking if he had left yet and eventually fell asleep waiting for him to vacate the kitchen. Now that you mention it, yes, Jo seems hyper or manic. Not sure of KKB tho, that was a whole new level of lunacy.
  9. Snapchat. You can make your location public and be followed by friends. FYI
  10. Primetimer main page has a short article on AE and the way the writers made her similar to Amy Pohler's character, Leslie Knopfe in 'Parks & Rec". It's definitely worth a read, as they soon realized that nobody wanted Janine T. to be a punching bag, and her naivete' about some things could be embraced instead of ridiculed. I am SO glad they went that way with the writing.
  11. Ben mentioned being on tour and surviving on only Taco Bell because that was all they could afford...there's an actual Taco Bell commercial about a band that similarly lived on Taco Bell, linked below Coincidence? (I always thought this is a commercial that backfires -- why would I want to eat the food that a barely successful band is forced to eat because their promoters are cheap?)
  12. That brought back PTSD from the infamous Clone Saga of Spider-Man. Both the comics and the ‘94 show.
  13. I think they're on the journey for more than an hour; I think they're gone for a couple of hours. I get what you mean, but I also fully get that Kenzie/Tiffany/Q have not been able to eat more than a coconut a day. As nice as it could have been to wait, I fully understand that they just simply were too hungry to wait. They did still split the food equally, so the good thing is that they didn't just eat almost all the food and only saved Q a little bit. They made sure he got his share when he returned. But I'm not angry at them being a bit selfish when they haven't eaten proper food in 11 days.
  14. Btw anyone miss RJ? I just realized I ain’t seen his mug in WEEKS..
  15. ‘A Simple Favor 2’ Is a Go: Anna Kendrick, Blake Lively Returning for Paul Feig Sequel
  16. I'm not changing my opinion, which is all it is, regardless.
  17. People with better Survivor memory banks can chime in, but I don't think it's generally the case that winning tribes/teams wait for people to return from their journeys to partake in their food rewards. In the specific case of Q/Kenzie/Tiff, it doesn't seem to me that Q cared that they already ate and he didn't feel any less camaraderie or more upset about them eating. At least, i presume that if he was salty about it, that would have generated a talking head about it or some body language indicator that it bothered him.. He was still on a high of not-losing that I doubt it did bother him.
  18. I love Kathleen Madigan, if it is good enough for her than....
  19. I imagine a waiting room full of wannabe's waiting to be told whether or not they are working on dry land or on a boat, that day Dylan got the nod for dry land. Also, (is her name Katie, I think it is), Ben now has Katie's unflattering hair cut, he was on WWHL and I thought it was Katie (name?). Ben seems the sort that nobody is allowed to be better at deck handing than he is.
  20. I will give a likely reason: because there's a lot of activity during the episodes as people are live chatting, enough where if we merge it all into one thread, discussions will get blurred. Some people, like myself, like being able to read people's thoughts on an episode but want to have discussions (such as quoting) that can get lost when live chatting is mixed in. When the live chat thread is going into multiple pages, I think it's not a bad thing to have separated threads because it makes the overall episode thread cleaner and easier to navigate and easier to have these discussions. In terms of the episode, I very much enjoyed it. I like that Siga went to Tribal, because that tribe was kind of getting TOO much positive content. It was important to see the split within the tribe. Jem was a very messy player, thought she was a better liar than she was and thought she was in control when she wasn't. I really love Maria so I was glad to get to see more of her, but I'm annoyed that Charlie is Siga's main narrator. I wanted to hear more from Maria but we got a whole lot of Charlie. We get a lot of his archetype narrating these new seasons and it's fun for a while but when we see it so many times, it's tiring. I would have loved to see Maria take charge of the narrative instead. Plus, I wanted to hear why Maria decided to burn her extra vote. Part of me thinks maybe it's so that she's not painted as a target come merge, as they know she has an extra vote and this now doesn't give anyone incentive to vote her out. I do love Ben, so I'm glad he's not gone, but none of the women were wrong to clock Ben as a long-term threat. But I also don't know why they chose to only place two votes on Tim. Had he decided not to play his idol and let's say Maria/Charlie decided not to vote Jem out, Tim would have stayed, Ben would have gone, and Tim would have still had his idol. What a bad plan. Venus vs Hunter was a lot funnier than I thought it would be. But it's great to see someone like Venus break her archetype; she was expected to be a social butterfly, turns out she's just an annoying entitled whiny player, but also super oblivious. Yet, for some reason, it didn't annoy me this episode to see her go at it with Hunter a bit. The journey was fine, it was fun to see a new type of challenge about Survivor knowledge and fun that Hunter got it so, so wrong, but annoyed that a bro's alliance formed, even if the duos picked were Tiffany, Maria and then Tevin. But it's also not a bad final 6, if they can make it. I just don't think they can make it. Jeff has got to stop blurring the lines between host and self-insert player. Alas, Jem is gone now, with an idol in her pocket, and now they still think Tim has the idol. I wonder how that'll impact Tim's game going forward. Oh, yeah, Yanu, a tribe we've discussed a lot. I am glad they won their immunity challenge. It isn't fun to see a tribe get decimated due to weak tribemates and no food, no flint, no warmth. So I'm glad they earned a little victory.
  21. Bad basic cooking skills will get you sent home over a badly conceived dish almost everytime
  22. Having gone that long, they still could have held off another hour or so. Or just shared half of one pastry, while they waited. I wasn't suggesting it for the sake of politeness, but for basic decency and also camaraderie. It was a huge deal they not only won, but won food - and he comes back to, oh, we saved you some.
  23. I've suggested to my colleagues that we change ants to mice and use it in our library.
  24. I agree. I don't think nuDanny is bad at all, he DOES have screen presence. Sure, Hudson West is better right now, technically speaking, and they should 100% put him on contract. But Danny is good, he's got the rawness there, he will improve, and right now when they are in scenes together I find them electric. No complaints! Loved Kemo yesterday. This is hilarious!
  25. Cool - so part of this is based on the Wow! signal picked up by Ohio State's Big Ear in 1977. Go Bucks. But one thing I don't understand - wasn't the point of the transmissions to respond to a signal they received in the 1960s? Isn't that why she contacted the scientist in California? It seems that "Stability" vs. "Chaos" is a reference to what it could be like in a 3-body system. The players of the game apparently need to progress though it in order to solve or better predict how the bodies will behave for their society to experience any sort of prosperity.
  1. Load more activity