All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Robert Lynch

In Memoriam: Celebrity Deaths

British actress Mya Lecia of Cloud Atlas dies at age 16
  3. peachmangosteen

S38 Lauren O'Connell

I want her to organize Wardog's boot and just dominate the endgame or something so I have someone to root for. I feel like she'll just do the nothing she's been doing all season though and get voted out soon or be dragged along a bit longer but never do anything interesting.
  4. BadAssRobinArryn

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

I don't think that GRRM is subverting fantasy tropes at all. He's playing them pretty straight, except that he's very good in creating "red herrings" that diverted from the real important characters. But at this stage of the series, most of the red herrings are gone and the fantasy tropes can be easily seen for what they are. But if the show or GRR Martin really want to subvert fantasy tropes, than the person who definitely shouldn't get the throne is Jon. He's so obvious this shows version of King Arthur/Aragorn, that people take him for granted, much more so than they take Dany's role for granted. I stand by my opinion that there's not enough time to establish a rivalry between Dany and Jon, when there are still Cersei and the Night King to stop. At least until Episode three Jon and Dany will fight together and probably lose together and suffer great loses together. And then they should suddenly start Fighting each other with only three episodes left?
  5. Yeah, he was probably busy Counting. She now knows all the Generals.
  6. SimoneS

I don't think that is true at all. Dany believed Ser Barristan when he wisely told her the brutal truth about her father's atrocities. As Dany told Yara, Theon, and Tyrion, "our fathers were evil men, all of us here. They left the world worse than they found it. We're not going to do that. We're going to leave the world better than we found it"
  7. peachmangosteen

S39 and S40 Spoilers & Speculation

I don't think there's a chance in hell she'd come back. Maybe if they offered her a boatload of money, but probably not even then. I really need this to happen.
  8. kieyra

S04.E13: The Seam

A point I saw made elsewhere is that this also sends the message to suicidal people that death will bring them peace. Having slept on it, still really not okay with the way this was handled.
  9. SuprSuprElevated

Dorinda Medley: Berkshires Chic

If I were Dorinda, that is the choice I would make as well. F*ck 'em and feed 'em fish. (oops, sorry Beth, you better bring your Epipen)
  10. Constantinople

S08.E01: Winterfell

I don't know why Tyrion felt the need to pipe up after Jon explained why he bent the knee. He should be sufficiently self-aware to know that he Northerners hate him because he's a Lannister, and consequently anything Tyrion said would be more likely to put them off than to persuade them.
  11. QuinnM

For the life of me I can't place this interaction.
  12. Yeah No

God Friended Me

I know! I think we're supposed to believe that Miles' conversation with him at that upstate diner and in the car suddenly made Arthur realize that what he wanted was not to be a priest anymore. I think it was when Arthur recounted his story about how he made a decision in his past to be with his wife it made him realize he was at a similar pivotal point in his life and that perhaps he should take another chance and make a similar change. So we're supposed to see how far Miles has come that he can now give wise advice to his father, and his father accepts it, or something like that. But yeah, I'm not buying it.
  13. GodsBeloved

Right. I did say Jon had it harder. I also agree that another advantage Robb had was having Jamie was a bit of protection for Sansa and Arya.
  14. xander874

S05.E19: Under the Influence

Yes, when Junior and his girlfriend were fighting, I thought we would get an "aha" moment for him and finally get a discussion about how he is Devante's primary care giver. But, then the talk with Jack happened and put a stop to that. I actually think that could be a good episode. Maybe when he and his parents finally have a discussion about his future (I assume this will happen before seasons end), it can come up that he has basically been a nanny for them.
  15. Xeliou66

S20.E21: Exchange

Stone will be in episode 22.
  16. Did The Flash Reveal The First Crisis On Infinite Earths Footage? Laura Hurley April 17, 2019 https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2470421/did-the-flash-reveal-the-first-crisis-on-infinite-earths-footage
  17. QuinnM

During the game she said that he was on her list and Jaqen hit her, indicating that he knew that was a lie.
  18. teebax

What are... Jeopardy! experiences?

I stayed at the Doubletree for my audition, at my expense. For the tournament, we were at the Culver Hotel. It is gorgeous, and I think it runs about $350 a night. I had a suite. It at one time was owned by John Wayne and Charlie Chaplin. Pretty cool. They flew me out on a Saturday and home on a Wednesday, although they said I could fly back at a later date if I wanted. Since we were all at the same hotel, we were able to have drinks and dinner in the evenings, which was also cool. They also had a wrap party, which I unfortunately couldn't attend because I was really sick. Overall it was a fantastic experience. ETA they paid for the hotel for the tournament.
  19. Eyes High

If it were 8x05 and this were the vibe, I would agree, and it does look as if Dany's getting the "loser's edit," but it's early days yet. Emilia said in one of her interviews that she has to give a speech in several languages in S8. Dany has accomplished a lot in the past with speeches. I'm not convinced that all this early hostility from Sam, Sansa, and the Northerners isn't just setting the stage for a dramatic reversal of the kind Dany has successfully engineered in the past with the Unsullied, the Dothraki, and pretty much all her naysayers. Davos said you have to earn the Northerners' respect, which suggests that Dany will indeed earn it, and that hard-won respect will mean much more than if the Northerners had just fallen at her feet from the first meeting. Hopefully she doesn't have to lose her armies and her dragons to the AOTD before the Northerners decide she's worth a damn. Dany's big Unsullied moment was in 3x04, not 3x01. Her big Dothraki moments were in 1x10 and 6x04. Let's give her a few episodes before we write her queenship off as a lost cause. There are several stills from that 8x02 scene with Sansa and Dany in the library that suggest that although things start off frosty, they warm up to each other. There are several shots of Sansa standing and looking down at someone (Dany) with a smug, cold expression, but there is one still of Dany from the same scene of Dany sitting down, smiling warmly, and looking at someone who is also sitting down judging from the eyeline. It might be assuming a lot, but I think while Sansa starts off nasty and smirky, she ends up bonding with Dany. And if Dany wins Sansa over, that's huge.
  20. peachmangosteen

S38.E10 Blood of a Blindside

Nah, you gotta bring the receipts! It's kind of fun and interesting that no one is really aligned and that it's kinda unpredictable what will happen because of that, but all the players are awful, boring, or both and there's no one to root for so it kinda takes the fun out of it. Victoria is probably playing the best game, but she doesn't do anything, is boring, and irritates the hell outta me for some unknown reason. I still can't figure out why I hate her. She's precisely my type of player. Lauren continues to do literally nothing lol. I can't wait to see what she does now that Kelley's gone. I hope she becomes a real force because I need someone to root for. I guess right now I'm rooting for Aurora because she's kind of a fun bitch and because she's the underdog, but it's sort of a passive rooting. I don't really give a shit if she goes. I couldn't believe Kelley told the EoE people that Lauren has an idol. It probably won't end up mattering at all, but still, what a stupid and/or rude thing to do lol.
  21. Chloesmom

Joe and Mika Know Their Value: The Hosts Thread

Thank you my friend. My snarky comment was if you really want to cut sugar out of your diet, put down that wine glass. Talk about hidden/empty calories.
  22. LadyChaos

Yes, but Robb also had the benefit of 1) not physically seeing his sisters in danger right in front of his eyes. 2) knowing that while he had the Kingslayer in his hands, his sister were likely safe.
  23. Pickles

House Hunters: Buying in the USA

They let the dog out in each backyard and some of those yards looked really muddy. Then everyone troops back into the house and onto the carpeting. Who wants muddy dog feet all over your carpeting? So inconsiderate. The husband and wife looked like brother and sister.
  24. SeanC

Jeopardy! Season 35 (2018-2019)

James shows how advantages multiply — dominating the board leaves him free to wager huge, huge sums in Final without endangering his win, because nobody else ever has much money.
  25. Mellowyellow

Small Talk: The Quiver

I am the tree and Paul Rudd!!!! Does this mean I will not age????? Awesome! You got: Groot and Paul Rudd You're a combo of Groot and Paul. You're goofy, sincere, and genuine. Like Groot, you're a big kid at heart and you don't take life too seriously. And like Paul, you're someone people turn to when they need a good laugh.
  1. Load more activity