Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Drunk Nikki's hair is the best it's been in YEARS! If that's what drinking does to her, she might want to reconsider sobriety. She looked great today sitting with Jagabbit.
  3. We will agree to disagree since I call it cooperation and collaboration for an alliance. Like the NFL player in that alliance said. You play for the team and everybody has their strengths and duties to do.
  4. Thursday's episode will be Season 21, Episode 25, that was originally aired October 6, 2017. Discussion Link: "Taking Out an Opponent" Case titles: 1) Taking Him Out; 2) An Embroidery Error; 3) Not Fixing Things Right. Google's case summaries: "Mike decides to sue his opponent in a soccer match, for a malicious physical assault. Then, James takes Joseph to court for ruining his shirts when adding monograms to them."
  5. Venus is an interesting one because I think she has a decent amount of supporters and sympathizers who think she's been unfairly edited and that everyone is out to get her for no real reason. But it seems like she's also starting to turn people off with the 'woe is me' tweets. And then there were those who already felt she's a legend in her own mind. Personally, I like her, but I think she does need to learn to better social cues. If she goes mid-jury, I'm wondering what exactly that means. 9 people are left, so 6 more will be going before the final 3. And I don't think she makes the final 5 (the alleged 5 of Ben/Charlie/Maria/Kenzie/Liz are making more and more sense every week). So she'd have to be one of the next 4 to go.
  6. "The Kish with Dish?" Ha. I really enjoyed the QF in this week's episode of TC, so I like that this show chose that challenge rather than the EC to be inspired by. Always nice to see Gregory, and especially to hear him and Kristen agreeing how limited the list of "Mother Sauces" is, not to mention getting another Haitian's take on Charly's winning Creole sauce (which reminds me I liked Charly adding Haitian to New Orleans in Kristen's comment upon his familiarity with the sauce) for that take on the challenge. I like the combination of green things he talked about as typical of Caribbean seasoning as Gregory made his epis, even though that wound up being a brief addition to, I think, just one of the sauces. And I love him saying he has one more try at TC in him, having been a finalist twice before -- "I'll be 60, but it'll be great". The bread and pickle ice cream segment made me laugh. "It's not gross." And then "It's not good" about combining it with one of the sauces was even funnier. Interesting tidbit that Gregory was most scared of Tom, while Kristen was most scared of Gail.
  7. Wow! I just can't believe all the cheating that went on on TAR! I call it cheating because Amber basically worked the puzzle for Angie and Leticia. TAR needs to look into this and how it really takes away alot from the competition. It's a race for a million dollars for crying out loud!! I hope that cheating alliance each gets eliminated starting with the mother and son. The couple that went home got on my nerves a bit, so I'm glad they went home. I'm pulling for the firefighters! I call it cheating! For a team to basically do the puzzle for another team is pure cheating!
  8. Idk, me? I'm grateful the show spared us from the sight of a shirtless MD. A long-sleeved shirt would be even more preferable on Danny if we have to suffer thru any more Bug/Danny love scenes, where they're holding each others' faces. It's pretty nauseous-making so hopefully those scenes will cease -- please, show?
  9. After seeing this episode, Hiromatsu's death seems even more pointless. The only one buying Toranaga's ruse were his own men and Father Alvito. Even if Ishido briefly bought it, Toranaga's emissary Mariko may as well have said "It's on bro!" to Ishido when she was in Osaka. Toranaga already got a 49 day timeout thanks to Nagakado's slip and fall. He didn't get an extension for Hiromatsu's death. Pretending to give up only made his men muttinous, which led to the Hiromatsu debacle. But if Toranaga didn't pretend, or stopped pretending after he had the 49 days, his men wouldn't be multinous and there's no need to off Hiromatsu. Toranaga could just as easily used the 49 day timeout, not pretend to give up, send Mariko on her mission near the end of the 49 day period, and still have his righthand man. A righthand man he'll need very much in any upcoming battle.
  10. Actually it always has been. The very first alliance was in Season 1, Episode 2 of TAR. Rob & Brennen, Frank & Margarita and The Guidos formed one early on in that episode. The Guidos soon dropped out thinking themselves far better Racers than the other two but R&B and F&M remained aligned for several more legs. And by Paris the large alliance called The Underdogs were formed by the trailing teams. And then Kevin & Drew formed a very strong alliance with Nancy & Emily that lasted until the latter were eliminated late in the Race. Season 1 was all about alliances. Season 2 featured The Boston Boys and Tara & Wil allied closely throughout the entire Race until the last leg. Season 3 had the five younger teams allied en masse against The Wonder Twins with the Opposite Brothers (Ken & Gerard) kind of shunned too. So those two teams came up with The Band of Brothers - one of the most iconic and effective alliances in TAR history. (Firecop hopped aboard with them for awhile too until that team got eliminated). So yeah, The Amazing Race has always been about alliances. Alliances for strategic reasons and friendship reasons all mixed together with various rules governing how they each worked as in when they stayed together and when they broke away from each other at any one time. And I love it.
  11. Did Jackie really say to Drinki he's proud of her? Really? For what, Jackie? For Drinki (assumably) driving around drunk, and coming to his house sauced when they're in a crisis. He ain't helping her, that's for sure. Eh, they really don't know how to write the alcoholic storyline, do they? She should be in rehab -- and that's it. At this point it's too laughably stupid. So do the show's hair peeps hate Michelle Stafford as much as we hate Phyllis? Too often, she's got those overly flat-ironed straight strings (like she had today), which is just so unflattering & harsh on her. But wow, the hair peeps left her with huge gray roots, which stood out like a skunk stripe against the neon pumpkin rest of it. Mmmm, OK, Michelle, if that's the look you wanna put forward, good luck, hun. Hey, if Tracey is OK with the tacky hooker look for Lauren she's going with . . . Cole still looks like a crackhead to me. New nickname for Cole . . . Crackie? ED looked really annoyed today that she had to play Boring Ashley. Thought balloon over ED today -- Ah, for shit's sake, I wanna play Evil/Slutty Ashley cuz that'll get me my Emmy nom -- fuck those writers for making me play this boring crap! Er, was Pomp all that upset? He still had time to mousse & gel up his 'do!
  12. Did you go over the mileage? I did years ago and then bought the car. I’m wary of a lease for that reason, but they have some great deals on leases right now, for all kinds of vehicles.
  13. YES to all of your post, DisneyBoy. I don't find him funny or sympathetic or much of anything other than embarrassingly awful. I don't know who created the character and decided to write him this way, but he seems like a caricature from the bad old days.
  14. Today
  15. I haven't seen it to that degree, AR wasn't like Survivor with alliances. That started later than season 1.
  16. Premiere date: April 18, 2024
  17. Maybe if Larry is still in good health and feeling restless, there will be a special or two in a few years.
  18. It seems the mission Toranaga gave Mariko was to martyr herself. Force Ishido to let her go or to kill her. Ishido was never going to let her go so he sent in Shinobi. So they must really believe in the after life, to give up life so easily for their lord, like the guards whom Mariko casually sent to their deaths or the first two guards for Ishido, asking for permits knowing they were going to get their throats cut. So the Catholic influence, even though the after life is a big part of their belief system as well, is to disapprove of suicide. Yet the Catholic Regents are willing to kill casually as well and while they are aghast that Mariko is going to going to take her own life. So why has Mariko been anguished all her life about the death of her family or Ochiba holding a grudge about her father? Aren't they suppose to have a more zen view of life and death? Isn't the glorious after life going to make everything better?
  19. Leaving aside the big stuff for now I just want to say Charlie is stupid. He ran off and told Tiffany that he and Maria know about Tiff's idol?!?! Doesn't he know that now Tiffany will want to get him and especially his ride or die (Maria) out as soon as possible to protect herself and her secret?
  20. I've only watched part one so far, so presumably the documentary gets into this, but the biggest problem is not how NASA handled or mishandled things following this launch, knowing the specifics of what they knew about this particular foam strike. That is obviously a big part of the conversation, but, like with the known o-ring issue that ultimately destroyed Challenger, the biggest problem is that NASA knew of the potential for catastrophic (which is what they use to describe total loss of shuttle and crew) damage as a result of "shedding" foam, and had in fact seen numerous non-catastrophic instances of damage from foam breaking loose from this particular area of the tank on previous flights, yet overrode their own safety rules in continuing to launch anyway with foam that so easily broke free, reclassifying it it as an acceptable risk because the worst case scenario hadn't (yet) happened.
  21. Yes, it alwats has been allowed and smart teams use it. Well they have made it through half of this season and any number of teams have been eliminated so far but not them so yeah I'd say Mom is competitive. She was hot and nearly passed out because the race car was super hot as blazes strapped inside it. A number of them commented on that. No, I think it should be applauded. It always has been an option since Season 1 and always should be. Like they said this episode. Run your own race but sometimes that means running together helping one another. I think it is awesome. I LOVE when teams do that. To me it puts the AMAZING in what would other wise be just another generic race. Both comradeship and strategy cranks this race above all others and these two elements have always been there since day one. At what time? This has been allowed for people doing Roadblocks since Season 1. A partner cannot help their team member other than hold drinks and such for them. But fellow Roadblockers can work together and always have. Remember Drew helping Emily running around the Roman coliseum at El Gem back in Season 1? That was both so sweet and cool when they worked together on that Roadblock. I loved that episode.
  22. I was wondering if the supper club is in lieu of Restaurant Wars; very similar premise in terms of two teams and number of courses. I hope so, because if these cheftestants can't handle supper club, no way will they manage Restaurant Wars. Aside from dealing with a budget, they don't seem inclined to do well with following leadership like front of house and expediter. Or for some, cooking well.
  23. Apparently not. I remember googling this when it happened to me a few years back. It's supposed to be against the law in the US to discriminate based on age but not ask that question on a job application. A quick search turned up this very interesting article on the subject from AARP: https://www.aarp.org/work/job-search/employers-age-job-applications/ Since I applied for a job, as of 2021 my state (Connecticut) has actually banned asking for birthdate on job applications as well as dates of graduation and that article says it might encourage other states to follow suit. They also said that CT has the 6th oldest employment population in the country. It doesn't seem to stop employers from avoiding older employees, though. I don't know if banning these questions is going to help much. Employers will just resort to other methods to determine your general age bracket. But it's at least a step in the right direction.
  24. I think Jesse is softer than he wants to look, he wants to be this hard as nails person. Sex is important in a relationship, just ask the person who isn't having any. That's Jesse imho. I liked Michelle, I don't think shed be a delight to live with. Unhappy couples , make me sad to watch sometimes. Jax and Brittany aren't going to last, they are more like brother and sister. I don't know why Britt has to drink so much, that she throws up, blacks out. That isn't fun after awhile, surely. Has Michelle texted photos to someone? I thought it was said in the previews. If Luke knows something, it has to have come from the empath herself. Kristen is delusional.
  25. So Charly leaves saying he was proud of sticking to his heritage and flavours, right after being told he hadn't been true to his heritage and flavours (or words to that effect). Okay then.
  26. Maggie and OA are in pursuit. "There's too many people around. This could go sideways really fast. Let's just get closer before we arrest him," Maggie says. What! Here in FBI-land, we yell, "FBI! Freeze!" when 200+ feet away from the suspect, allowing almost 100% certainty that the suspect will escape. This writer must be new. Like, new-new. Tiff acknowledges she needs professional help after last week's total meltdown of appropriate FBI conduct. So that's something. Although I'm not sure she would have gotten help after the blown op itself, or if she only did because of the unpleasantness with the wife of her obvious best friend in the world, Hobbs. I like the reality of Scola and Nina's New York home, i.e. that it's cozy and small. They are dressing Maggie like Missy might be pregnant again? I don't mean that as a negative comment on her appearance at all. I think she looks great and I've gotten past the hump of accepting her bangs. It's just the telltale baggier button-ups.
  27. I loose pens in addition but now have a rescue dog who finds them and chews them to bits. Can’t count the times this ole lady has to get on the floor with my flashlight to see what he’s chewing under the bed. I’ve had to move so many times in the last few years and with all the packing and unpacking I started carrying one of my late husbands large collection of Swiss knives in my front pants pocket. He always had a mechanical pencil and pen in his shirt pocket when I first meet him.
  1. Load more activity