Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Jill posted pics of her and her best friends out for coffee (surprise). Hannah has been Jillified and filtered that I thought she was someone else. Poor Sofia is wearing huge bows in her hair and looks so sad and forlorn.
  3. I watched this a few weeks ago and decided that I really wanted to wait and see what people thought when it aired. I feel validated. 😀 I barely recognized any of these characters. Everything about the Turners felt like a different show. Everything about them was melodramatic to the extreme. I felt like I was watching a telenovela. (In fact, I really wish I could choose Spanish audio for those scenes.) So much about the May adoption story makes me uncomfortable in ways I can't put into words. The parents of the children with cancer reminded me of how much I love the stories where the parents are in love and committed. It's just nice to see. Was the show floating something between Cyril and Rosalind on the bus? No opinion but just wondering. I still haven't forgotten that Sr. Veronica came on as a pathological liar.
  4. Right now Wendys has an orange creamsicle frosty.
  5. It really made for a creative variety of desserts. I love carrots and the whole time I wanted carrot cake.
  6. Roman was the only save that I liked, so hopefully we can vote these people off again pretty quick. We did that last season with Nutsa and the painfully obnoxious Lucy Love.
  7. mojoween

MLB Thread

Giancarlo Stanton running the bases is like if a BarcaLounger gained motor skills.
  8. The Benson worship has been extreme in many episodes since MH became an executive producer, but this season it seems to have gone to all time high, matched only possibly by season 18, which we all know was a mess. Almost every episode now has Benson worship and portrays Benson as some majestic beacon of light and hope, it’s been this way in almost every episode this season. But this was just more nauseating than most both because of Benson coercing confessions and going rogue and because of the Noah scenes, which were worse than usual Noah scenes and that’s saying something, plus the plot didn’t make much sense and took a backdoor to Benson crap, usually there’s at least a case that’s somewhat interesting being dealt with, this was just stupid, cringeworthy Benson worship from start to finish. This one definitely goes in the SVU Hall of Shame IMO, and I don’t agree that most season 18 episodes were worse - season 18 was pretty dismal for the most part but I only recall a few episodes over the years being as cringeworthy and as hard to sit through as this one. I honestly don’t know why I still watch - the show is mostly shit now thanks to Mariska’s enormous ego. And yet I saw many Benson lovers on social media gushing over this crap episode like it was some great work of art - apparently those are the people SVU panders to now, and to hell with fans who want better cases and some focus on characters other than Benson.
  9. I was so proud of having figured out the A-plot early on that I got blindsided by the B-plot. It took me ages to figure out mystery lady was Tenant's bio Mum issues finally bubbling up in the form of a concussion induced hallucination. I've been waiting for that to happen ever since disappearing mum was mentioned for the first time yet did not see it coming here - despite the show bringing up Tenant's surrogate Mum issues earlier on. Well played show, well played. Also: good work by Daniela Ruah. Fitting episode for some subtle Gibbs call-backs. And I enjoyed Sam and Whistler working together - that was a dynamic we hadn't seen before. Did we get an in-world reason for Lucy's absence? Nice bit of continuity with the shoes in the last scene. Landscape shots were truly stunning, but there were some brutal, disorienting cuts between jungle and volcanic environments. Yeah, I thought about that too. But since the shows live in the same universe (just ignore Katrina Law's characters) I hope they'll go in a different direction. Also: Tennant already has a shady spook Mum in Maggie.
  10. FJ was obvious once revealed, but I said apex because I didn't know. I got the missed clues of On the Road, crayons, Zombie, Zydeco, Beetlejuice, Spenser, Land of the Lost, water buffalo (after yak) and crow. I got the entire categories of Z and literary driver right.
  11. Poor Abbotts. It doesn't pay to be connected to the Newmans when they've got the most wily supervillain ever after them. Summer's no makeup look was a lot. That usually means Emmy grab. She'll have to compete with Kyle's untied bow tie though. Diane wanted to accuse Ashley of being involved in Harrison's disappearance. Low blow, Diane. You better rein that emotion in. When Summer went to the ranch, Nikki had changed clothes again. Nik was on the fourth outfit for this 24-hour period. What's that all about? Victor had Jack's cell number in his contacts list. Surprising. First thing I'm gonna do when I win the billion dollar lottery is start having fresh flowers delivered every evening. So I can be fancy like the Abbotts. 😈 Wow, does Jordan hate Claire this much? At this point Claire's rebuilt reputation is hanging by a string and Summer's running around with a big 'ol pair of scissors. Pssht, how many times has Victor said he's going to get Jordan once and for all? Sure, Victor, look how scared she is. Jordan could've left the hemisphere by now but she's still coming at you and yours. I'm confused. Did Jordan intend to kidnap Harrison and Claire just happened to be there? I thought she went after Claire and Harrison became the new game plan by accident. Oy, stop trying to be complex and sh!t, JG. 😒 Summer should consult with her mommy on relating to the mind of a psycho. Jordan and Phyllis even have the same tastes in NoTell Motels, ha ha.
  12. April 16: 73% / 70% / 70% Decent game…in J! I ran The Movies, missed one in Lived Past 100, Don't Eat That, and Fun "Z"s, two in Fictional Driver, and three in Countries. In DJ I missed one in Making Noise, Say it in Spanish, and "M"edical Dictionary, and two in Clumsiest Time Traveler, Siblings in Pop Culture, and Land of Milk & Honey. Did not get FJ. TSes: (J had 8; DJ had 6 + 1DD) I got crayons, zydeco, Beetlejuice, crow, otter, manuka honey, blue zone, and burrito (DD, before he got it out). Darn, I was kinda rooting for Eric (mostly on my "if there are two women and one man, or vice versa, and I don't have strong feelings about any of them, I root for the odd one out" philosophy). I like Alison but I'm not attached to seeing her go on a long run.
  13. I love that 3x07 is dark and intense. There’s also a mention of Gibb’s Rule #20 - always look under. I also love Ranger Jo and her no-nonsense attitude. 💪🏼 We can tell early on that Lt. Col. Reed is a bad guy and there’s more to the story of Osborne being weird and erratic. Concussed Jane Tennant hallucinating about her missing mom. Please don’t turn this one-time thing into an espionage arc ala Doris McGarrett. The conversation between Sam and Ernie gets intimately weird really quickly. 😬 This is the first time Kate is paired with Sam. Kate is OK but Sam continues to be boring. This is one stunning landscape shot. 💙
  14. I'm gonna get one of them prime jobs with either the Newman or the Abbott security teams! Seems that you don't have to do a damn thing AND you can sleep on the job. Until the screwup with Ashland, you could even have a smoke when you wanted. Do you get a hat and a badge, too?? I hope Auntie J hoisted a few of Lil' Hausenpheffer's clothes cuz he's going to look a bit silly going around town in those green pajamas, even with the fake moustache and beard she'll put on him. I hope he gets to wear her flat cap and driving jacket from her last disguise. I thought Alison Lanier did a fine job, especially considering what we would have had to sit through if Hunter King was still in the role. HK could never act like anything but a Daisy Duck who had her feathers ruffled but AL made me want to reach through the screen and give her a shut up slap. Auntie J is definitely a psycho, we know, but Dummer was okay with letting Harrison around Phyllis and that nutjob has been two cans short of a six pack since the 90's. So, kindly take it down a notch. It's supremely annoying to have to hear Dummer constantly calling herself Harrison's mom so, like others of you said, it was nice to hear Victoria correct her on the right version of history. I also can't forget that when Victor had Jack kidnapped and replaced with a doppleganger, and Dummer's mother was being raped by said doppleganger, Dummer barely gave Victor a sorry look when it all came out. I can't stand Phyllis but Dummer brushed off what Victor put her through in the most unpleasant manner. So she can STFU in dragging Kyle for this. I did enjoy the energy of today's show and I also enjoyed the good acting we saw from some of the cast, particularly Susan Walters and Beth Maitland. Peter Bergman also underplayed things with effectiveness. J. Eddie Peck, on the other hand, plays Cole like a guy who's got secret access to the BEST weed and he ain't sharing it with anybody. No matter what, this storyline better end with somebody dropping a house on Auntie Jordan and finishing this for good.
  15. The hubs thinks Hunter reminds him of Heidick.
  16. At least it wasn’t stuffed into her bra, so there’s that.
  17. This bimbo would NEVER appreciate the irony of the situation.
  18. I got FJ, yay! Also got the TSs of crow, Beetlejuice, crayons, otter, Land of the Lost, and -trying to claw my way to Spenser- got Robert Urich instead.
  19. I feel like this is slightly overstated. The Benson worship was just as bad and probably worse in Season 18 and there have been previous episodes that have been equally and more Mariska publicly gratifying herself in a much more horrific way than any of Munch's various subway weenie waggers that kept him in court for just about every episode Cragen was in for 3 seasons. "Something Happened" comes to mind as does the whole Mariska as a literal angel scene. And I would say most of Season 18's episodes were worse and there has been enough utter crap in the last decade that this probably doesn't crack the bottom 10. And this is probably slightly understated so I guess it all balances out.
  20. I'm torn because while I agree that the STORY of Sonny and Nina fell off in favor of her pining for Wiley & Co., the interactions between them were much fresher than those of Sonny and literally anyone else.
  21. I've been wondering same. This episode was fun. Loved when Malcolm pitched the ball for the dunk tank. But I thought Marty would suddenly show up at the baby class and Malcolm would run off and get back with his old girlfriend. Here it seemed they were trying to pair him off with the instructor. Weird. Also, the whole plot about teachers' aides was really silly, just a way to generate controversy. However, with this wonderful cast, it works.
  22. I liked the sale resolution. BUT Johns Hopkins still resolved, as is Dele's application to Juilliard. They are limping to the finish. I wish the had more of the characters on each episode now.
  23. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the Big Six. That preview really gave me a feeling that someone's going to make a move against them.
  24. I also wear a watch. I sometimes wish I could wear more than one at a time because I might have...43. I was joking at work that for my retirement, they should get me a gold watch, and then mentioned to my boss that there was a new Fossil Mickey Mouse watch that I loved, but it was $400. When he asked me to show him which one, I knew I was going to get it - and I did! It's one that runs off of movement - I have to set it if it's been sitting around for a few days, but it works off the movement of my arm and keeps perfect time. I love it!
  25. I have never heard of this! How strange.
  1. Load more activity