Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. If it's what I think it is, then it depends on the store. The one near me is a small, independently owned franchise of said chain and doesn't have close to the kind of security other people mention. Locking cart wheels isn't unusual for downtown Toronto - Whole Foods has had it as long as I could remember. And the first WF came to town 20 years ago!
  3. This show is so old and familiar to everyone, at least they understand it's not enough to make it to the final three. I don't blame Liz for wanting to be able to take credits for votes. She knows she's the type of person nobody will vote for at the end if she can't prove she made big moves. She's seen this show before. Unless, of course, like Gabler, you manage to stumble-fuck your way to the F3 then make the jury laugh while sitting next to two people the jury is more bitter about. What they haven't seemed to realize, maybe, is that the show doesn't care about who wins. They care about who's the best "character." So you can be someone like Carolyn who dominates the narrative from Day 1, makes the final three and then doesn't get a single vote, but the editors think you're the most interesting one. Which brings us to Q. The editors' obsession with him is ruining the season for me. Every time they cut to one of his THs he just sounds dumb. He's always saying dumb, delusional things. Apparently the show thinks it's hilarious that he's so dumb. So the season is being narrative by a dummy. And when it's someone else talking, they're talking about the dummy. I don't think I can stomach - how many more weeks? - of Q narrating the show. I will probably keep it on series record, then FF to the end to see who is voted off. If it's not Q, it gets deleted instantly without me watching another second of it.
  4. I was exactly the same, the air balloon that caught fire, the humanity, everything except the damn name until the very last possible moment.
  5. But a lot of times 18 year old kids don't make the best decisions for their future career path. One of my former foster kids wants to go to college for theater/acting. Is this smart? Not at all. But it is a means to a college degree which ultimately will benefit her as a whole. I appreciated that Dele didn't get into Julliard because so often on TV anyone who wants to go there gets in even when their skills and talent don't match the rigorous requirements.
  6. Owen Wilson is officially good in my book. Not that I ever disliked him before, he always struck me as a chill guy but hearing this? It’s nice to know some people have integrity!
  7. Yep! I do have to agree that there is a noticably absent amount of help for the chef this season. Enough that it does stand out a bit. I mean there have been numerous seasons where, maybe not every charter, but a number of charters, where you see the chief stew request assistance from the deck crew to wash dishes, serve and there have been times where you have had standing instructions to check in with chef if possible to see if he may need extra hands in the kitchen during dinner prep and/or service. Granted it isn't an official duty but over the seasons and franchises it's been something that's been offered depending on what's been happening with the chef, or the stews in the galley during demanding charters. It is a thing. Enough of a thing that when we as viewers see the chef struggling we automatically wonder how the crew is going to chip in to help (at least I do) so seeing it not happen in this instance does raise a bit of an eyebrow.
  8. That's exactly where you've seen him. I did a double-take but yes, Jesse Hutch has been on several Hallmark movies. I'm sure he enjoyed the opportunity to play a hothead in FBI: Intl.
  9. Just because he's a FDIC security guard, I wouldn't have assumed that he was carrying a weapon on a date unless he actually told me he was armed right at that moment.
  10. Carey

NFL Thread

Sorry for the Carolina Panthers Kip. However, it doesn't change the fact (at least IMO) that the once respected NFC South franchise is an NFL section, or the NFL section of Hell on Earth
  11. I don't really blame the chefs. I find this challenge super weird and confusing. Like I don't understand the difference between "chaos" and just fusion? I felt like I would have been just as lost as Michelle has. I mean it says a lot when this challenge knocks the top 2 frontrunners in the bottom.
  12. For FJ I knew right away it was the disaster blimp but, for some reason, I have a hard time remembering its name. I did, fortunately, pull it out in time and got my first FJ of the week.
  13. Ugh, out of all the things to “wrap up” before its finale, I have zero interest in the Josh/Allie storyline. They tried to recreate the Sarah-Grissom storyline and it just sucked! Allie was annoying, and Josh was too brooding. I’d rather see Penny and Jack’s wedding. One of the previously unsolved cases, that I personally would like to see revisited, was that of Catherine’s ex-husband’s homicide. I thought that case would have been nice to actually get its own episode, rather than stashed with another Lady Heather case. The ending where Sara just sorts of throws her hands in the air and gives up seemed abrupt, and highly unusual to me.
  14. Yes, I knew you cannot put a mod on ignore. I had an issue with a (hopefully now former) mod in one the forums that got sunsetted last year, and had to report one of their replies to me that was way out of line and very hurtful. I mentioned that I could not ignore them because they were a mod. I'm still a bit pissed that I never received an apology from whichever mod received that report or from the old community manager. And as far as I could tell, nothing was done to the mod for that reply.
  15. I'm getting really sick of the food service storyline in general. First, the idea that a food service place even at a community college has no structure is ridiculous, but also, community colleges do have grievance structures - in real life, she'd have been in HR with a complaint about her manager in two seconds for pulling the "I'm firing you for bothering me". More than that, I'm annoyed that Darlene is basically expecting everyone else to sacrifice for her choice to work in food service/Mark. Yes, Harris/ the Lunchbox are getting paid, but she's the one guilting her child to save her job and has never volunteered to go over and help Harris out. Now she's guilting her father to work extra shifts and take time away from his wife because she and her husband have changed their hours. This is a prime example of the family's basic co-dependency - there's helping your family, and then there's setting yourself on fire to solve someone else's problems. In Darlene's case, it's setting everyone on fire to save Mark and her.
  16. Grocery shopping has become horrible enough, as I try to balance cost vs convenience vs quality at the different grocery stores in my neighbourhood. A national chain in Canada (all Canucks will know which one I mean), installed multiple self serve checkouts while leaving only 1 staffed checkout, maybe 2 at absolute peak times. Now they have realized that facilitated theft, so they have installed locked gates, plexiglass barriers, locking cart wheels, receipt checks and security guards. That wasn't enough, so they moved to limit the number of items at self serve checkouts, presumably because a full cart made it easier to hide unpaid items. The kicker is that the signs say "25 items or less". It's "fewer", you morons. Fewer.
  17. I agree with all of this; it’s how I’ve been watching as well. All that house stuff is nonsense. They could have had a proper Top 20 with all the time they’re wasting on Dancers Thinking Other Dancers are Cute, or Dancers Choosing Bedrooms, or Dancers Having Breakfast. Also, what a waste of a perfectly good Cat Deeley!
  18. I don't know. I didn't read the book. So what if it was. The TV production could show some more scenes of what Toranaga was talking about or Blackthorne if they wanted. I'm not saying to change any of the characters fates. We've seen a lot of the regents and seeing them turning on Ishido would have been interesting, for example. It's just an odd way to end the show for me.
  19. https://www.newschannel5.com/talk-of-the-town/stars-of-cbs-comedy-series-ghosts-tease-final-two-episodes-of-season-3
  20. Apparently chaos cuisine is "fusion on steroids" but with "intention"... Marcel Vigneron Introduces Kristen to Chaos Cooking | Top Chef | The Dish With Kish (S21 E6) | Bravo Bravo Apr 25, 2024
  21. Weighing in late here, but Subaru is a great brand and also a little peculiar. They last forever. We are still driving a 2006 Outback LL Bean edition (higher end trim), so we have power front seats. But it's crazy to learn that the passenger front seat no longer has power. Also our car is too old for Bluetooth, and you can't swap out Subaru radios in the aftermarket because they link their radios to the air conditioning unit. So we have one of those plug ins that goes into the cigarette lighter and lets us play our phone over the radio system. I have to say I would not buy any car now without the power seat for the driver. I shift myself around all the time while driving to extend crampy legs or move them back.
  22. I once reported an incredibly vicious, hateful personal message I received from another poster. The moderator's response "Aw, Diddums, as your mommy taught you, when someone hurts your feelings you should just ignore them". I'm unaware whether that poster received so much as a slap on the wrist, but I assume not since she subsequently was made a moderator. So the "ignore" feature no longer worked. Did you know you can't put moderators on "ignore"?
  23. Ming-Na Wen; From Mulan to Fennec Shand | The Sackhoff Show Episode 1 Katee Sackhoff Apr 23, 2024
  24. Jill does like what she calls the "distressed look". I think she believes that makes it look old fashioned or old timey.
  1. Load more activity