Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I still think it's crazy how people STILL want to push the narrative that being antagonized, belittled, disrespected in a confrontational and combative manner (cause some of Candiance interactions have been rather nasty and aggressive) is some no biggie, pish posh, shrug away type of moment. YES, the text book response it to be "above it all" but emotions DO have a play in these matters and as "behaved" as everyone EXPECTS people to be that just ain't realistic. People stay stuck on the right and wrong side of it but I personally would rather be on the side that won't have me knocked upside my head because I pushed the wrong button that day. All that righteous support Imma have from people saying that person was wrong to lay hands on me ain't gonna change the fact that now I'm dealing with the pain and humiliation of a huge ugly knot on my head. Like come on now. Lol. My thing is, why are we advocating so hard for people to be aggressively, intimidating and calculating with no remorse or consequence? I can easily say, in the same breath that X was wrong for putting hands and A was wrong for antagonzing. I don't know about anyone else but I feel like the people that go so hard about physical retailiation are those that want to be rude, nasty and mean to people but don't want to have to worry about someone acting out on them cause you know, "I'm only using my words to cut and hurt you." I just can't stand the defense of ugly people, whether they are physical or verbal abusers. Abusers are abusers and I hate the safe haven that is created for verbal abusers when only one side gets the stigma. It's ridiculous all the way around.
  3. So here's what came out of Brennan's mouth: Brennan: I felt there was a massive mismatch from the very beginning. And the hurdles that we encountered very early on I personally could not get over. Emily: What were the hurdles? Brennan: When I first saw you I was like, pretty girl, you know, cool, fun, making me feel comfortable. An hour later I'm talking with your friends and they're telling me that you get ghosted all the time. You love one-night stands. You're selfish. Emily: I don't think they said I had one-night stands or I'm selfish. Brennan: Someone was telling me that. So I'm already feeling turned off at this point. So the next day, we talk, you have no idea where your money goes. Alarm. Emily: I make more money than you, OK? Brennan: No you don't. Emily: Yes I do. Brennan: You lied about that. So that was cool. That for me is not what I was looking for in my future wife. Clare [interjecting her opinion for some unknown reason]: That's fair. That's fair. Brennan: So when I heard that I was turned off. ------------- This money business is new, right? But what I find really interesting is that in response, she says (truthfully or not) she makes more money than he does. Objection, your honor! Irrelevant! I noted in the thread for Part 1 that Clare was asked, point blank, if she visited Cam in the hospital and she said "yes." But actually, she didn't. When Cam said she hadn't 'visited him, she talked about how she wanted to, and how Cam wouldn't return her calls, and Cam told her she brings bad energy. That, apparently, equals "yes" when asked if she visited him. And Emily did something similar at the beginning of this episode. Brennan: You got caught lying about making out with someone at the bar. And-- Emily: I told you the truth about the Australian. Brennan: But how many times did I ask, though, before you came clean? Emily: I was scared to tell you because I didn't want that to be your easy out. And these are the two who spend the most time accusing the men of lying.
  4. According to an interview with Rebecca Wisocky posted in the Media thread, the creators came to her about a month before they shot the episode, saying, “We think that this is the direction that makes sense to go in with this.” When she'd asked them in the first season how she was going to talk about her character, not knowing how she died or what her ghost power is, they told her to just wait, they wanted to leave lots of doors open. So how long they'd been mulling this scenario over, I don't know, but they included her during that month in fine-tuning the right way to present this revelation. It's a great interview, all about this episode; here's an excerpt:
  5. Sounds interesting. What I want to know is, do we see both Thea and the hero's POV in equal measures? Or is this like Nightwork, Identity, and even Book 1 of The Lost Bride trilogy, where in the first, the majority was from the hero's POV, and the last two from the heroine? I don't want to guess at what the hero is thinking or feeling. But, like I've posted before, I'm hardly ever disappointed. And after the INSULTING and FRUSTRATING books I read by another author, I've gone back to re-reading Vintage Nora to cleanse my brain palate, which has helped. I finished Homeport last week, and started Sanctuary. I really love how Nora writes relationships-be they of friends or family. And here we have family that's been estranged for nearly 3 years.
  6. He probably got busted doing something that even IAB in Texas couldn’t ignore and decided to throw Connie under the bus to get himself out of hot water.
  7. I don't think Carl can do anything to please Lindsay, not a thing. I'm happy to hear they are not getting married. They sure go all out for their parties, Kyle really enjoys himself. I'd be standing back and watching, I love people watching. I like West, he has quick wit. I don't know if he hooked with someone at the wedding he went to, I don't know if I'd blame him, Ciara and West aren't exclusive. He must feel frustrated lying beside Ciara, I think she's gorgeous, as do most of the women there. I'm still enjoying this show, but I don't know anything about Gabby or Danielle
  8. I've never heard of this, but it sounds awesome! I'm a sucker for a good heist story.
  9. All they eliminating two dancers every week from this Frankenstein's Monster of a competition? I hope so. I can't say that I'm hatewatching this season, but I do sit on my sofa and ask, What? Why? Really? as I try to figure why the producers felt the need to mess with something that wasn't broken (but, yes, could have used a few tweaks).
  10. This sucks. I know firsthand how painful it is when your team moves. But I stick with them.
  11. I was wondering why none of the women even bothered asking the farmer about what her day to day life would be like. Some of the farms are hours away from anything so if you are a professional like a nurse or a teacher or whatever and want to keep working how would that work, is the woman supposed to just give up her career? I would want to know what my duties would be as a farmers wife, like I am driving a tractor, harvesting fruit or branding cattle, so many questions that these women are not asking. So all these farmers have houses full of women and not one woman says anything about how they all have to share a bathroom, who is cleaning since the make up and hair have got to be everywhere, lol. Not one woman is baking a pie or making a cake for any of the farmers...the way to a man's heart, etc... I didn't think the families helped any of the farmers figure out who they should pick, it was just another level of confusion. I have a cousin who is currently being vetted for a dating show, it is such a lengthy process I cannot imagine going thru all of that if you really are not in it to win it, most of these women seem like they just want to be on TV.
  12. They will replace the 12 with another, and another? Isn’t he a founding member? How would Caroline know what would happen?
  13. I think my favorite moment is in Cloak, when Tony angrily apologizes to Ducky, and then when Gibbs says it as his plan all along, he gets madder.
  14. I don’t know if it was his ex or not - it kind of looked like her but I don’t know for sure.
  15. I just read Dragon Heist by Alexander Kane and it was a fun, fun ride. It is exactly what it says, a heist book with Dragons! The main character is a washed up former child star named Birdie Binkowitz who works for her dad in his store hilariously called 'Binkowitz Seed and Feed And Bagels' When she was a 'star' she was a major asshole. Now she is super snarky and just a little mean and has been banned from every bar in the greater metro area. In this world, Dragons are like mafia clans who own and control territory. In this book we meet a lone Dragon named Jim who wants to take over Tuscaloosa from a bigger and meaner clan of dragons. He inveigles Birdie into helping him in heist to steal some of the horde of a dragon he has a beef with. In true heist story fashion, they assemble a crew and plan their theft. The story has a huge humor quotient, especially Birdie. Also it takes place in Alabama and Jim just wants to be a local and root for the home team, Roll Tide! I listened on audio and the narrator was fantastic.
  16. While we're nitpicking... Near the end, Hetty said something like "I didn't realize you could dial out on that phone" but I can't remember if it was flashback-Hetty or present-day-Hetty. If it was in the flashback, I call foul, since it wouldn't have had a dial and nobody would have used "dial out" to mean "make a call". If it was present-day-Hetty, I give her a pass since she's probably heard "dial" used by a few generations of livings. (And hey, now "dial" has been sent to the word history museum along with rolling up the car windows and taping a tv show.)
  17. Well, he has recently become a multi-millionaire, so maybe a lot of girls think they can find a deep spiritual connection that leads to an idyllic contentment
  18. i also loved this episode. this second season, i think the writers didn’t know what to do with will and angie, so the storytelling’s felt disjointed. things seem to be coming together. but, i still don’t understand why they decided to kill off cricket. i understand that susan kelechi watson wasn’t going to become a regular, but why kill her? cricket and will had incredible chemistry. and while he was initially devastated by her death, he certainly seems to have gotten over it. it would be one thing, if his pain was going to play out over the season, since it’s nott, why squander the possibility that she could return? don’t get it.
  19. I know. As I said, it's just one of my pet peeves, people not knowing the difference, so if that's an episode's biggest problem for me, it's a damn good episode. It just came out in kind of garbled phrasing; I'll clarify.
  20. Thanks. From the small bits I have seen, it doesn't look funny. That is too bad because the actual comedies are losing out to it.
  21. For the record, I think Laura did two things, so she racked up a big bill with the alcohol because she also did a spin on the brandy alexander in addition to her cake of many leches. Obviously, she still should've budgeted better or dropped the drink plan, but it wasn't just the dessert that sent her bill up.
  22. I also liked that they mentioned the sheriff that Connie had been paying off. I don't think they said why he flipped on her but I was glad they didn't just ignore that. Sitcoms aren't always that great about continuity so this was a box ticked for me. I just hope Connie really doesn't get back into the games room business. I hated that whole storyline. Of course we only have a few weeks left so likely they have other issues to resolve and won't spend too much time on that one.
  23. Woah, Lauren is going back to 2019 training camp. I had to look her up. The blonde with a really high voice when stressed. I always wonder why Melannie M. (current AAIA) never got invited to TC. She's been going to Jenn's classes for years, seems like by now they would have given her a chance.
  24. You license to practice is separate from your credentials. You can be a Ph.D and not have a license. I have my M.Ed and my license to practice is an LPC. If I do something egregious I can have my license revoked but no one can ever take my degree from me. So it is entirely possibly that these people have a Ph.D but do not have an actual license to practice.
  25. My way of remembering - cement has 6 letters, concrete has 7. So cement is smaller than concrete, thus an ingredient of concrete. I think sometimes writers put personal jokes/references into their shows, and I could see there being someone in the writer's room that has a relative in the construction/engineering business, and the relative hates it when people screw it up. So they screwed it up, on purpose.
  26. I have heard micro dosing does wonders. Or how about some birth control? Either way, Alyssa doesn't seem keen on her life choices.
  1. Load more activity