Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That is an infuriating episode. I hate that Phil sides with the parents' on this one. They were literally letting their child die. And it turns out this wasn't the first child they let die. I don't care what religion they are I can't believe their God wants them to let their children die instead of getting them help. Logan was right and yes Ben had the best line. Also, a child shouldn't have to ask her mother why she couldn't have a doctor like her friend.
  3. It certainly seems as if David was shown the door. If he was sick or had some type of personal or family emergency that would have made it impossible for him to participate in LCK, I think something would have been mentioned. Then, to have him say, "I wasn't allowed to participate" on his Insta doesn't give the impression that it was his choice. We've seen many assholes on Top Chef over the years and we've seen their antics play out on screen. Only one contestant was ever asked to leave; Cliff Crooks in Season 2. Even then, they showed us what he did on camera. For whatever reason David wasn't allowed to compete in LCK, I don't think it was because of anything we were shown on screen. JMO, of course. I think the reason will eventually come out. It's a pretty big unanswered question. Some entertainment reporter is out there sniffing around, I'm sure. As for the LCK challenge: Really Valentine, corn puree again? Why risk it when no one was happy with it in the main challenge? Also, a seafood boil has actual corn in it, usually still on the cob. While I don't think it needed to be served that way, just incorporate corn kernels into the dish. We'll have to see if Soo has five wins in him, to make it to the mothership.
  4. I think Emily is still pissed over last week's Afterparty where Keisha clearly brought her husband on to support her in finding fault with all of the women. And I really don't blame Emily. I don't think that should be Keisha's role here. She should remain neutral to the couples. She is not on one of those "dirt dishing" episodes where the moderators get to voice their own opinions. She should be facilitating and asking pointed questions of the cast and that's IT. It feels to me like Keisha has been trying to trap Emily into admitting stuff when perhaps she should just be listening and getting their sides of the situation. It feels to me like Keisha herself is trying to manipulate Emily to look bad. I have actually heard enough from Emily's mouth in other places to have reason to doubt that she should look that bad. Emily is saying she was completely honest and above board about what she did with the Aussie in talking heads that were never aired, and that it happened after she and Brennan had already agreed that they were going nowhere and coasting along until decision day. In light of that, who is manipulating who here to look bad? To me it looks like the show and Keisha herself are trying to do that and in this case I would say that Emily is definitely on the victim end of that.
  5. With Mergatory on the horizon, a Tracker post will be coming soon.
  6. So do I. The other guy seemed more likely to be the murderer at first. I love how the Feds didn't want anyone know the victim was dead. If that was the case they should have gotten to Greevey and Logan sooner. I love Greevey telling Logan to stay to see if the second victim came back to life. Yeah, that lawyer was definitely racist. He was the same as the first fanatic lawyer and his client. Hopefully the guard got it knocked out of it. It's definitely my top five from season one. Some days it's my favorite, other days it's Life Choice, or Sonata for a Solo Organ.
  7. You all must check out drunkdrawn’s Zack portrait.
  8. I watched this six years ago, and just watched it again, in a watch party with a large group of people. It was fun. I kind of like that they were all dicks.
  9. I’ve been watching Selling Sunset. There’s a real estate agent who presents herself exactly like Erika. Long, platinum blonde hair, which she wears in crazy, over-the-top styles, huge lips, expensive hooker outfits, six-inch stilettos. I imagine that if I visited Los Angeles, I would see dozens of these Barbies. The real estate agent is much warmer, much more interesting, and she works very hard.
  10. Hah! I thought you meant it had started filming, not that it was airing! Thank God they're someplace where they can bow hunt. ETA: Thanks for the link.
  11. I guess it's been a while since Mark has gotten his ass kicked again. Hey, just because he's Invincible doesn't mean he's Invulnerable! This time, it was at the hands of this Viltramite, Anissa, who seems to work for General Kregg and was trying to get Mark to fall in line with them. Complete with the always popular approach of claiming that humans are already screwing up the planet in a lot of ways, so why not let them take over instead. Which.... yeah, humanity is messy and fucked up, but choosing full-fledge enslavement is going to be a hard sell, to put it mildly. Looks like Mark/Amber are done for (for now?) Feel bad for them, but I really don't see how they can make this work. I normally don't buy into the breaking up to protect those you love because villains still seem to find a way, but it's the combination of that, school, and just being a good boyfriend in general that is going to be almost impossible for Mark to balance out with his superheroing. Curious to see what they are planning with Donald. The meta joke with the the comic book writer at Comic Con made me chuckle. What is Allen planning? Looks like the finale will kick things off with Mark having to take on Angstrom after he kidnaps Debbie and his half-brother.
  12. I love that about him. He was a good dad to Cher and Josh. He didn't have to be for Josh and most probably would consider any responsibility over when he divorced Josh's mother. But he did.
  13. In a slight reversal of their recent SOP, Netflix is doing an animated reboot of "Good Times". https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/good-times-animated Though it's a little more like Star Trek: TNG. It's the current generation of the Evans family...still living the same apartment.
  14. In general, yes, it was about the men not being into the women, which doesn't make them villains. But that to me is only part of the story. I think the women were onto something going on behind the scenes and realized that everything that happened to each of them separately had a thread of similarity to it. All of that BS about "protection" and making sure they had a united, positive image to present to the cameras had group think from the guys written all over it, likely instigated by producers, especially that one in particular that was fired from the show for being a little too friendly with the guys, especially Austin. And the women formed their own little "group think" faction in solidarity with each other because of that. Of course that in and of itself was probably just as destructive but it was understandable in my opinion. The women were trying to make sense out of the stuff about "protection" that they were presented by their men. To me that reeked of producer manipulation. Think about it, we've never seen a season before where that "protection" crap was thrown around like it was common to all of them. That was likely no coincidence. I think the men were being told what to do and say and it was all to create conflict and drama. And it did, and hurt the women much more than if that didn't happen. I can't blame them for uniting over that. If it was just about being rejected I don't think the women would have responded in quite that way as a united front. They felt that there was some sort of conspiracy going on to manipulate the men and them and I think they were probably right. And that's what is so upsetting to them. They're upset about more than just being rejected. It's being rejected, lied to, manipulated, mislead, deceived, done wrong, etc., etc. by both the men and the show. I feel for them because they likely can't talk about that as openly as they would like thanks to NDAs.
  15. Especially since their star system is only 4 light years away. Finding planets is not easy, but with their tech, they should have telescopes that can see earth directly, after they found it through indirect observation and you'd think they'd look at the nearest star system with a yellow dwarf first. Even for us the Alpha Centauri system was one of the first candidates, we just haven't found anything other than planets around Proxima Centauri yet, because double star systems are hard (technically a triple star system, but Proxima Centauri is so far away from the other two, it's like they are different systems for the purpose of planet detection). But the aliens would be looking at our single star system, with much more adancanced tech, so what is their excuse for not showing up here hundreds of thousands of years ago?
  16. Amar's pork belly dish looked scrumptious! Ugh, next week's guest is Marcel.
  17. I liked the way the one guy used the grenade to take out the last few stragglers. I have a hard time with Fuches ending up on kind of a high note, since he had managed to consistently draw my hatred through most of the series. I didn't have much hope for Barry to get out alive, but at least there was a happy ending for John, who got to believe his dad was a hero. I really enjoyed this show, one of the best series I've seen.
  18. I couldn't even listen to it. Once she said "She died in front of me and she died horribly" I fast-forwarded to the next scene.
  19. I had originally thought Barry and Sally were in witness protection, but it turns out they were just on the lam.
  20. I thought about that and I think they actually staged decision day for the other couples earlier than they would have if Michael and Chloe weren't around to follow because even by their standards it was getting ridiculous to prolong the agony of watching them for one minute longer! Despite Chloe's crocodile tears I don't think she was really looking for marriage or she would never have dropped that very specific, out-there dream on Michael like that. Anyone would have to know that would be a lot to swallow for a mate unless they had shown signs of a similar bent. And her backpedaling later about how these were dreams from when she was single and not what she would necessarily want when married didn't convince me of her sincerity. I think they picked her because they needed a replacement to save this horrible season by distracting us from the other couples and their hideous relationships, but she was no real match for Michael and either acting a part or playing along with whatever the producers wanted from her. Yeah I don't believe anything out of either Cam's or her mouth so I'm even skeptical of that right now. I agree. I think it was actually a good idea to do after what they'd been through. They needed that boost to their self images. I have pictures of myself at around their age on vacation in bathing suits so that's as close to that as I'll ever come! I think the producers like the couples being in the same building and knowing each other so they can create more drama for the show but I agree 100% that it is actually destructive to their relationships, probably in no small part to the intervention of the producers who likely instigate them to form factions and create group conflicts that otherwise would not exist.
  21. That was Charlie Berens, you should check out his YouTube stuff, he's really very funny. He plays into the Wisconsin/upper Midwest tropes, like being super polite, hating people from Illinois (like me) and shopping for every occasion at Farm and Fleet. However, he disappointed me here, he seemed really out of his element. Maybe he was just there for the beer, although based on his videos I'd say he was more of a Leinenkugel's guy.
  22. Traitor to the human species. in the first episode she was sneaking kisses with the guy in the labor camp, maybe you hoped she could build a life after the way her parents were killed and she was sent to do hard labor. But then she welcomes the alien overlords, leans into betraying the human race. She finds a partner but unfortunately the partner also wants to help aliens exterminate the human race. Presumably as long as they subjugate and kill all humans except the cult members. She has a child, who grows into a brilliant scientist in her own right but the daughter must not have gotten with the program so she had to go? The motivation of Chinese Mom — Tiger Mom from Hell — and other cult members don’t make sense either. Sure people believe In a cause greater than themselves. They’re usually religious fanatics but at least they are being enticed by the carrot of eternal life or rewards in the afterlife. These cultists OTOH are smug and think aliens will improve life on earth, though they themselves will be long gone. For all they know, the aliens are not humanoid as represented in the game but some kind of reptilian predators which are coming to feed on humans. Plus Ye Wenjie represents all humans, inviting them? They’d be easy to ignore and bat away like flies except they have alien technology as well as belief that the lord will protect them. Though Tatiana uses a gun and survives being shot, maybe the aliens didn’t tell them how to make weapons. Real time communications with the lord shouldn’t be possible, unless again they sent some blueprints for alien communicator but it looked like Jonathan Pryce was using an old-school analog microphone. But the aliens don’t believe in subterfuge or deception and they think ultimately they can’t trust or coexist with humans who are capable of deception. The aliens don’t hide that they’re sending an invasion force, intent on conquest.
  23. 500 laxatives?? That seems like a lot even if bought at Costco. And is that why Ariana is looking so skinny???
  24. ‘Welcome To Wrexham’: Kickoff For Third Season Premiere Pushed Back
  25. I found that maddening. Why would she want to tire herself going up and down so many times? I also got tired of people yelling for their partners to hurry up. One of the guys who came in first did it to his partner who was carrying both packs, it looked like to me. And one of the cousins did it to the cousin who'd been doing the work picking coffee beans. Shut up, slackers!
  1. Load more activity