Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. 2x7: Hank After Dark Let's face it - first thought watching this now is Harvey Weinstein and #MeToo. Didn't know it was pointing to both Letterman and Cosby. I don't watch celebrity news, but I'm sure the climate surrounding scandals like this was probably similar to what was portrayed in this episode, but goddamn, quite a lot of elements surrounding Hank's scandals here bore eerie similarity to Harvey Weinstein, including the media outrage and the celebrities' reactions to the accusation (by downplaying it as "I never knew"). My guess is that it was actually just pointing to the general toxic culture of celebrity men getting away with sexual harassment/rape at the time, but still, this episode has certainly aged like fine wine. That said, I felt like a lot of reviews I've read missed an important point - Todd's "rambling" about a genocide in another country. I love how the episode also kinda threw some shade on how we can be so myopic sometimes, so focused on our own affairs that we can sometimes be blindsided to other equally (or sometimes more) important affairs happening at the time, with how Diane and BoJack just shouting "Nobody cares" to matters of genocide in some country they never heard of (or they could just be ranting about how no one really cares what silly shenanigans Todd gets into, but I doubt it). There's layers to this episode, even if it did kinda rush BoJack and Mr. Peanutbutter's important character moments with Diane (one finally expressed his frustration with the book while the other finally confronted his wife on whether she truly care about their marriage). The topic of Hank and the whole satire of perverted celebrity men was a bigger focus than the character development of BoJack and Peanut Butter, but I can't complain because it did such a great job with said satire. Wonder how this episode would have been like if it had been released two years later. 4.5/5
  3. Glad Yanu finally won a challenge (not just for them, but because we finally got to see more gameplay from other tribes). They're really playing with a handicap, since the other tribes have been resting their players on rotation for each challenge, while Yanu's been going through it giving their all with each one. I'm sure those muffins tasted amazing even with all the fly-nibbles (can production maybe put a net over the food? even if they swap out the display food from the challenge for what they give the contestants, it kind of turns my stomach watching insects crawling all over it). Not sure how fire is going to help with their food situation, it's not like they have fishing gear or they're given rice to cook. I guess now they can each have a COOKED coconut a day? It's interesting that there's different challenges for each beware advantage to crack, since Tiff had to decipher some code instead of measuring lengths with the machete. I wonder what Hunter's beware advantage will be (especially since there's the "clause" about how to do it if their individual tribe never loses before merge). Can't believe she's still salty 9 months later, nor any more self-aware. She has nobody to blame but herself, playing games with the whole tribe is what sent her packing. Tim was the only one we saw confront her about it, but she is a TERRIBLE liar, if she thought the best response to "You planted the beware advantage, didn't you?" was "What beware advantage?" (you know, the beware advantage that literally the WHOLE TRIBE knew about and was making such a big deal about). Which meant she was either OBVIOUSLY lying, or had another advantage/idol of her own. Tim probably brought that back to Ben, who spread it back around, and it became clear that Jem (who was suddenly acting like the big fish in the pond strutting around with a machete and interrogating people) obviously had the idol. If she had a rock-solid alliance, then she should have trusted those machinations rather than going on the over-playing warpath (plus antagonizing Ben and Tim). And the whole idol scheme also needlessly created drama, she played even her own alliance, so if she wants to talk about trust and loyalty, that's not how you win it. Of course "Charlie's Angels" they wouldn't want to keep her in their fold going forward. I have a feeling Maria burned her extra vote for threat management, because she knows a merge is coming up, many people knew she had the extra vote, so that could paint a target on her back. I also have a feeling (even though we don't see this) that, with Charlie and her being close, and Charlie and Ben being close, there was an idea to hide the fact that Ben didn't have a vote by playing her extra vote and making it look like two different people (she used two different handwritings and name spellings). This would solidify her alliance with Charlie, and Ben is so charismatic and socially-forward that he becomes a "meat shield" for them (without actually saying it to his face like Venus did to Hunter, lmao)
  4. The more I see of Emily the more I dislike her. On the Afterparty, she really tried to deflect when Keisha asked if Emily cheated on Brennan. In the plethora of evasive statements she made, Emily said that she didn't consider it cheating. So, I was, 'yes, she did cheat...' Agree with an above poster that the women have turned this season into an us versus them season and have claimed the victim narrative. They act all hurt and can't understand why their 'spouses' aren't showing up to the group events. Why would they? A lost of the criticism revolves around the idea that the men didn't try as hard as the women, but the reality is that the men did not act/respond how the women wanted them to and that is a whole different issue. And Emily is showing herself as very negative in her comments, not the 'most positive person' persona. I'm not on anybody's side but I don't like the 'ganing up' mentality nor the victim narrative. I don't know what self-image Orion has, but it doesn't match his words and actions.
  5. This was cool. But. And I'm blanking on the actor who plays Gambit here, the '92 show wasn't the only kids animated series that dealt with serious and heavy stuff. Batman: The Animated Series also was "more adult" even though it was geared toward kids.
  6. Interesting that Walnut Grove, Sleepy Eye, Mankato and Rochester are all real towns mentioned on the show, but Winoka isn't. I wonder why the didn't go with a real town.
  7. And a cat! Women drivers, aren’t they the worst?! 🤬
  8. There’s one where they talk about burger squared or something and for the life of me I can’t figure out what she says then he says at the end. She mumbled and he shouts.
  9. Yes, I thought the soup looked and sounded good too, but as soon as Kristin started talking about everyone at one time making the mistake of putting potatoes in a blender/food processor, I knew he was toast. The gummy texture when you do that is unforgiveable, and if I knew how to do a screen shot, I'd do one of Tom's look of disgust as he just moved his spoon through it. It made me grateful for the explanation, because otherwise I was afraid it would be Kevin, whom I like (I have a thing for Frenchman!), though I think he might turn out to be style over substance. I wonder what place he got in Top Chef France. After just two rounds, Manny (the Mexican) and Melissa (grill chef, I think) are looking very strong.
  10. 28 March “Broken Bro Code” New, Season 10, Episode (Steve Ramirez Jr vs. Daniel Contreras Jr) From the show site: A woman came between long-time best friends, and they both said things that can’t be taken back. Plaintiff is suing for unpaid loans he made to defendant, $2360. Defendant says they met in high school, and was plaintiff's best friend. Plaintiff needed $1,000 for the first loan, to get defendant back home during his divorce, before repayment. Then, plaintiff loaned defendant $ because he wanted to help. Plaintiff says that defendant started dating his prospective girlfriend. Then, defendant claims plaintiff was getting friendlier with the woman, but claims plaintiff was also 'talking' with other women. Plaintiff admits he threatened the defendant. Both men work at the same comapny too. Plaintiff claims defendant was not only boinking his prospective girlfriend, but trying to get with his dead cousin's widow, and trying to reconcile with the ex-wife. Plaintiff did receive $200 from defendant, but that's the only payment. Now the defendant calls the prospective mutual girlfriend a gold digger. Defendant told the bosses about what plaintiff said, so plaintiff and the woman both got called into the office, but didn't get fired. Plaintiff receives $2360 “From Best Friend to Frenemies” Rerun, Season 10, Episode p. 44, 11 December 2023 29 March “Unlordly Landlord” Repeat, Season 10, Episode 6 p. 42, 18 September 2023 “Breast Side Story” Rerun, Season 9, Episode 129 p. 38, 1 May 2023
  11. I remember reading somewhere that's indeed how they do it, but now I can't find that.
  12. well they certainly did have their share of criminals in WG. Creeper who stole food. (boy who was town funded to go to med school, never returned) Frank and Jesse James. escaped convicts that hold Laura and Mary hostage, the Older Brothers, Black Jake, Little Lou, Laura (music box), Albert (drugs from package) etc. So rightfully so to lock the merchantile. I thought the " a real door" was addressing the wolves howling and "that locks and has a key" was more about keeping out Indians, but they didn't want to say that.
  13. Her poor girls will have to wrap each piece of junk up so it doesn’t get broken. Jill does nothing.
  14. In the instance to which you are referring, I only see it as over the line because it's tiresome and not funny. But yes, this is always true: It used to be acceptable to evaluate people's bodies. Mom and Dad would make remarks. My 35-year-old daughter had to retrain me. But for a comedian it is probably more difficult to draw the line?
  15. I started out with too much hair also and I guess I should be thankful for that, Since it is been thinning. I guess it all comes down to genetics. truthfully, I don’t like her doing this personality.
  16. She had a dream that she lost all those diamonds in her ring. How many diamonds are in that tiny ring?
  17. Oh, interesting. If David the Hat didn't show up, my guess is Soo was meant to be an alternate for the main show, and this was the adjustment they made. Maybe I'm talking out of my (much prettier) hat! But that's the theory I'm going to muse about.
  18. You mean the confrontation in the woods? I heard Ben say something about Jem having the machete and that's why he brought the hammer. I didn't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for her that Ben wasn't taking her seriously or wasn't afraid of her. For a guy who didn't even have a vote and was having his name thrown out, he acted like he didn't have a care in the world. If Jem didn't already have the final nail in her coffin, I think running off with Tim and Ben and trying to accuse them or being aligned together and therefore being a threat did it. I said before she really made things more obvious for herself than she needed to. I feel like she did everything you shouldn't do in the game, outside of actually keeping the idol to herself. Also at TC, Jem tried to play it cool and say she didn't know who she was voting for yet, and then like a minute later Maria outright said anyone who said they didn't know who they were voting for was a liar.
  19. I hate defending Thomas (cuz he’s an asshole right now) but I don’t think he’s leaving to be manipulative. I think he’s leaving because he just can’t be around Hope in any capacity and their lives are so intertwined. I’ve been there, dated someone and I wanted a committed relationship and he wasn’t there due to just coming off a 5 yr relationship. I broke up with him and told him we couldn’t be friends once. Told him no contact because it was too painful for me. He looked like I kicked him in the gut, I hated hurting him but I had to protect my emotions . About a yr later I was in a place to reinitiate contact. Anyway we became acquaintances and both moved on.
  20. Personally I would love a downstairs cellar basement attic to store the things that don't fit in my pantry closet, like my collection of sweat blouses and baseball bonnets.
  21. I thought the same thing. She should be in a class with younger girls. ZiT can say a million times they left over parenting concerns with their kids, but come on we all know they left because they are mad and bitter. I doubt the show will go on with just the two couples. They want to punish their family including Grandma Mimi and her room!
  1. Load more activity