Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Lady Ochiba holds tremendous power in this age and culture as the woman who gave the Taiko an heir. Admittedly, there is a lot of nuance missing in the miniseries vs the book, and we miss out on not hearing the internal monologues of characters and some of the history of the society, but I think this has been made clear. If you disagree with this key point, then yes, nothing else will make sense. Ishido would not risk acting alone and potentially losing the support of the other Regents. His big army is not just his - it is an amalgamation of his vassals and the other Regents who support him because of who he is and what he stands for - ensuring the heir becomes Taiko. Ishido and Ochiba are very anti-Christian. He would immediately lose support from the Christian daimyos should he move forward with a blunt show of force. The fact that he is following her direction is a combination of strategies on his part.
  3. This was my least favorite episode. Violets event turns into a disaster. May almost drowns, gets sick, and the Turners almost lose custody. Trixie and Matthew continue to implode. Clueless Trixie doesn’t notice Matthew is anxious and depressed. Matthew needs to grow a pair and tell Trixie about the money problems and quit shopping. The young mom, Lindy finds out both of her daughters have eye cancer. The best part was Lindy and Melvin (name?) decided to grow up, get married and be there for each other and their daughters.
  4. I also think it is a way of keeping her the "baby". I get having a changing table with the grandkids however.
  5. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is where Know Your Value began.
  6. I actually resented that I had to rewatch so much Bhanu in the 'previouslies.' So glad that the other tribes weren't shocked that he was the one voted out. I think the producers waaaaay overestimated his appeal. Hopefully they will get the message that Bhanu is not winning a million hearts. Oh, and I hope Sia shares my opinion as I don't want him to be rewarded in any way... Okay, I think I might grumble my way through this whole post, but...it irks me every time they reference the 'new era.' All it does is remind me of the original, better recipe Survivor (remember the failure of 'New Coke'? 'New Era' brings the sad predictor of failure to me). Q references quitting (then takes it back) and it's only day 10 or 11? That would be a drop in the bucket in the 39 day Survivor, yet here it's almost halfway through. Four immunity loses? Again, a drop in the bucket. Tribe of 3? Sounds good to Stephanie or Bobby. Oh, and challenges that didn't end in puzzles or tossing sandbags...Stop making me miss the 'old era' superior Survivor. I was glad Jem was voted out. I don't appreciate needless manipulation and her glee at making her teammates dig/search for 3 dyas wasn't entertaining to me. So happy to see other players whose names aren't Bhanu. Liking Ben, Maria, and Moriah from Siga. Would like to get to know the players better on Namu.
  7. I have the first two seasons on dvd, the ones that came with the little puffer jacket covers. I was so excited when it was on Prime, but I don't have Prime. Been thinking about getting it, but kept forgetting to check if it was the original music. Well, I just ordered the full series on dvd, and the reviews on Amazon claim it's all original music. We shall see, but even allowing for the overlap of what I already own, it's cheaper than Prime. Fingers crossed. Somewhere out there, there was a website that listed all the music, I need to find that again.
  8. If Chris didn't insist on a housekeeper, I can't imagine what a pig sty that lovely home would be. He is and will be fighting the mess every day that his wife creates.
  9. Lilah is a sweet little girl and deserves better care and treatment than her parents seem to be affording her.
  10. What I am tired of seeing is Bob constantly walking on egg shells around his wife and her family. This guy needs to finally tell them all where to get off and require that he be treated with respect also. Bob is the reason that Abishola is no longer having to take the bus to work.
  11. I really don't think anyone thinks that Ariana SHOULD move out. I think it's completely reasonable to ask why she wouldn't, however, emotionally and mental-health wise. BUT, remember, this is all happening prior to her ascendancy in the biz. Dancing with the Stars JUST happened and hadn't aired. I feel like this would have to be prior to the lame-ass LIFETIME movie and obviously pre-Chicago success. I can completely see why financially it wasn't viable for her to bolt at this time. I DO think it's likely that she could have left sooner as success rolled in, but at that point it became more of a personal battle she didn't feel like bending on.
  12. It amazes me that Jill happily posts pictures of the interior of her house with nary a care that bedrooms don't have windows (against fire code, I believe all rooms need two exits, either via door or window), not to mention every single outlet in that place has about 14 plugs and extension cords snaking out of them. I would absolutely love to see them get inspected, but I don't know how that happens unless they potentially get reported? In my mind, this is Jill's twisted way of keeping Janessa dependent on her. By putting her alone in a big house, she could be fostering a fear in Janessa of being by herself, thus needing Mahmo even more. And I am sad that this thought even occurred to me but Jill has her reasons for doing what she does.
  13. Looks like Whitney and the barnacles are/were in Spain. Not sure why it’s cut off but it’s Tal, Todd, Jessica, Isiah, Hunter, and Glenn.
  14. Actor Jennifer Leak has died per a Facebook post by former husband Tim Matheson. Ms. Leak portrayed Colleen North in the film Yours, Mine and Ours and Olive Randolph in the NBC soap opera Another World.
  15. Messy is right! And I’ll join you at the EWWWE! Table at Gambit’s vision and that gross skin melting between Rogue and Magneto! So Nathan is Cable, right? Bleagh! SERIOUSLY! The clone had to have replaced the real Jean after he he original season four’s finale. But WHYYYYY? Why can’t Jean and Scott be happy for more than one goddamned minute?! And Logan is the ne to make Jean remember? As if she didn’t know already how much he’s in wuv with her?! I DO NOT NEED a retread of THAT triangle. I thought Storm knew who Forge was from the original series where his X-Factor team fought with the X-Men? I zipped through the series again so can’t recall. And if she was there, her not recognizing Forge makes no sense. And I’m also not seeing any deification of Scott here. What am I missing?
  16. I got The Blues Brothers: An Epic Friendship, the Rise of Improv, and the Making of an American Film Classic by Daniel de Visé for my birthday. It’s a good read, though reading about Belushi’s downward spiral breajs my heart. There were anecdotes about the making of the movie that even I didn’t know about; reviews trashed the movie and unfairly accused them of exploiting Black artists. Fine, they were white guys that probably had no business being in a blues band, but they damn well respected both the music and not only gave credit to the original artists, and encouraged all their fans to buy their music. Also thought it was unfair that critics dissed their singing abilities. Even if they weren’t professional musicians, they were still pretty good.
  17. Mothers of heirs have held power (until said heir came of age) in many cultures, I don't have a problem accepting Lady Ochiba does.
  18. I have plans to have a boudoir photo shoot done, but I’d never do it on TV and I won’t consent to the photographer even using them on her site or social media. I did kind of chuckle when Emily was taking pictures of Becca - Becca is a professional, Emily is not, and it showed. I also didn’t realize you could show thonged asses on Lifetime. I’m on the record as being supportive of Michael’s style but those shorts were very unserious. Agree, for a few reasons. For one, it makes the marriages feel much lower stakes. The couples used to have to find and pay for their housing if they weren’t going to move into one or the other’s place, so they had no choice but to talk money. Also commute - I like your place but it’s really far from work, etc. When they just move into a place the show provides, it feels less real. The show inched toward that at first by giving the couples a lump sum so we’d see discussions about what to do with it. Without these discussions, the marriages feel much lower-stakes. I also think the hive mind of Becca, Emily and Clare is pretty destructive because they’ve convinced themselves that their exes were villains, when a) they had hands in the demises of their marriages, and b) at the root of it, the men just weren’t that into them. It happens every day. I once ended things with someone and my friend asked why, and I paused and said “I just didn’t like him that much.” I didn’t say that to him when I ended it, but it was the root of it. It’s very, very often the root of it when something this short ends - as they got to know each other, someone realized they weren’t into it. Brennan can’t stand Emily. Austin’s whatever with the producer is inappropriate but he also clearly wasn’t attracted to Becca. That doesn’t make them villains; it make the couples incompatible. I don’t think the way Clare, Emily and Becca are spinning things is helpful for them in the long run. I love DGAF Lauren. When she was telling Orion about himself, I was here for it.
  19. The lack of respirators kept pulling me out of the scenes. Especially Maggie with what she already went through. I would have figured she would have been the first to insist on wearing one -- or at least having one on her. I thought that Blake had mentioned temporary guardianship during that conversation before she went into surgery. That's when I got suspicious!
  20. I noticed at the beginning of this ep that both their rooms were clean. 😲 I am willing to wager that Arianna went to her room to eat her food because Sandoval was downstairs, then called his assistant several times asking if he had left yet and eventually fell asleep waiting for him to vacate the kitchen. Now that you mention it, yes, Jo seems hyper or manic. Not sure of KKB tho, that was a whole new level of lunacy.
  21. Snapchat. You can make your location public and be followed by friends. FYI
  22. Primetimer main page has a short article on AE and the way the writers made her similar to Amy Pohler's character, Leslie Knopfe in 'Parks & Rec". It's definitely worth a read, as they soon realized that nobody wanted Janine T. to be a punching bag, and her naivete' about some things could be embraced instead of ridiculed. I am SO glad they went that way with the writing.
  23. Ben mentioned being on tour and surviving on only Taco Bell because that was all they could afford...there's an actual Taco Bell commercial about a band that similarly lived on Taco Bell, linked below Coincidence? (I always thought this is a commercial that backfires -- why would I want to eat the food that a barely successful band is forced to eat because their promoters are cheap?)
  24. That brought back PTSD from the infamous Clone Saga of Spider-Man. Both the comics and the ‘94 show.
  1. Load more activity