Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Wouter

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Sansa defended Tyrion in her scene with Dany in 8x02, showing she is still on overall good terms with him. In the books, there are certainly examples (lord Manderly with his daugters, and at least Alys Karstark flirted with Jon on her own initiative). In the show, Jon has barely been home and a lot of the time he was home, there is this rich, exotic, foreign girl around him all the time. Not a chance that Dany will be mad or a villain. It's refreshing that Dany and the Starks (and Tyrion, for that matter) don't see eye-to-eye on everything, but while Dany could be (to some extent) antagonistic from a Stark POV she isn't going to be a villain. This is one of the strenghts that makes ASOIAF (and by extension, GOT) different from other "fantasy"-style books or series.
  3. Llywela

Completely Unspoiled Speculation Thread

I do agree with you, @Pallas, Dany has done great things and has proved herself a strong ally in the fight against the Army of the Dead. I'm just not entirely convinced she's the ruler post-war Westeros is going to need - or that she is capable, in the end, of becoming the sort of ruler post-war Westeros is going to need. What she wants, at the end of the day, is to re-create the kingdom her father had, exactly as it was - which will put her at odds with some of her greatest allies, who want nothing of the sort. Is she capable of compromise, where her greatest personal ambition is concerned? I'm not convinced she is. I hope she proves me wrong! Watching the gang make plans for the coming battle has got me wondering how the survivors are going to handle Cersei, when they pick up the pieces to find themselves facing that not-so-little problem. I mean, their armies are going to be decimated, no question about that, while Cersei's will be fresh and are likely to outnumber them tremendously (although I'm still not entirely sure how she is paying for it - I thought the Iron Bank was more cautious than that!). A full frontal assault would seem doomed to defeat, so I wonder if they might try a similar gambit to what is planned for the Night King (and a similar gambit to what Robb pulled with Jaime) - stage a battle as distraction, while sending a small, stealthy assault team in to take out Cersei (Arya could prove handy there). And that makes me wonder what Bronn's part in all this will ultimately be - he's on his way North right now, so will probably arrive in the middle of all the anticipated chaos next week. If he survives, and doesn't turn on his old chums Tyrion and Jaime as ordered, could he prove some kind of ace in the hole? He has access to Cersei, of a sort, after all, having been sent by her on this mission. He could act as a spy in the camp, if he were willing (and still alive)... Or maybe I shouldn't be thinking that far ahead! Dangerous, I know. I also can't help wondering what's going on in all the other regions of Westeros right now - you know, all the places that have lost their long-standing feudal overlords and been left without any clear form of local government, in all the upheaval. Is Robyn Arryn still being fostered by one of his bannermen? Who is running the Vale for him in the meantime? What's going on in Dorne, the Riverlands, wherever it was Margery and her people came from, that place the Freys were in charge of, etc? And I realise on writing this that my Westeros geography is atrocious, I can't remember the names of half the places we've seen or heard about over the years, but you get the picture. I know that those kinds of details are not important to the big picture A Show is focusing on, but enquiring minds can't help wondering.
  4. IndyMischa

BB in the Media: Outside the Fishbowl

Haha! That was my first thought too! Followed by (pure speculation), is she pregnant again??
  5. eleanorofaquitaine

S11.E08: Birds, Broads and Breakups

I don't think Ramona was "lying," in that I actually don't think she remembered what happened. In other words, whether willfully or not, I think she truly believes she was at Table 61, not Table 62, at least by the time she got to the spa day. She is creating her own reality, and in that way, she wasn't "lying" because she believes what she says is true.
  6. essexjan

S07.E17: Cillas' Story

I swear I am going to be found dead in front of my laptop one day where I've choked to death laughing. You nearly got me this time Barbara Please!
  7. Featherhat

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

Not a real split obviously given he's there at the birth, still wearing her wedding ring etc but to keep her and Mia secret and safe hidden in a cabin in the woods whilst he's elsewhere. And explain in show why she's not Over Watching. Of course they could just say she's on an extended business trip and then COIE happens/the show ends. Sadly I could see Lyla dying or going Evil Argus from Zari's Seattle 2042. Which is just as shirty as Star City 2040.
  8. iMonrey

S31.E02 Knock the Newbie Out of Us

Wow, lots of Rachel hate around here, but other teams dismiss her at their own peril. She's a tough competitor regardless of what you think about her personality and she made it to the final three twice before, in addition to winning BB. Elissa was no slouch in BB challenges either. And yes, I think Elissa overdid it with the collagen filler but Christie is looking pretty plastic these days too. Nicole and Victor's children would be beautiful but stupid. That said, Nicole's appreciation for the elephants was awfully endearing. Apparently they were given some sort of "treat" to feed them along the way because the elephant was reaching up for something and Nicole told him "I only have one left so we'll save that for the end, OK?" I also got a kick out of seeing her actually kiss the elephant goodbye. Corinne actually got a laugh out of me when she compared the Laotian alphabet to anyone from Boston saying anything. At least the tasks were somewhat challenging this week, as opposed to eating shoes and climbing a slippy-slide. Still not early seasons levels of difficult, but better. He was nice enough when he first appeared on Survivor but the fan popularity went right to his head, and afterwards he became rather arrogant and entitled. The downfall of buying into your own press.
  9. tennisgurl

S05.E16: Never Doubt I Love

Oh yeah, Kinglsey is gonna die, and give Andre his heart, so he can be the heart of the family. I can see it all happening now. Really, it works for me, I will be super pissed if Andre really does die. Really nice episode, I thought all the wedding stuff was really lovely (and Becky should host ALL weddings clearly) and it seems like a good way to end Jamal's character. He finally finds a guy who wants to put a ring on it, and while Kai isnt my favorite, they do have a lot of chemistry, and it also gives him some closure on he and Lucious`s complicated relationship. Lucious is never going to fully "get" Jamal when it comes to his sexuality, but he still loves and supports him as best he can. Lucious saying he has "moral issues" with Jamal being gay is just so hilariously hypocritical, its amazing. Like, maybe say that over the dozen or so corpses you put in the morgue, Lucious. Thirsty owning that smug fed lady was awesome. Dont try to fight a fucker, FBI lady. Chaka Khan!!!
  10. GaT

Bake Off: The Professionals

Liam & Tom are 2 of the most useless hosts on any competition show I've seen. It feels like the producers have to remember to insert them into the episodes.
  11. Definitely East coast thing. I lived in Texas in the 70’s and would bring boxes back every time I visited my parents
  12. JTMacc99

Pet Peeves

My guess was that they don't make two different kind of ATM's, one for cars and one for kiosks.
  13. Holy cow, @Mindthinkr! You are the best. That stinks about the rain in NOLA. I can feel the humidity now, even up here on the tundra where I live. I'd combat that with a couple of Hurricanes at some French Quarter nightclub. Or maybe they aren't called that anymore, after Katrina. Check in again soon! I love hearing about vacations.
  14. Remember all those reports saying William and Harry completely ignored each other on Easter. Well, here’s a picture from Easter. Just something to keep in mind when you read royal rumors
  15. blackwing

Warrior

Awesome news!
  16. schroeder

"The View": Week of 4/22/2019

Anybody remember when MM said she would have to quit if Biden ran because she liked him too much and wouldn't be able to do her job?..... On the other hand, I don't quite get this argument. If you are there to represent a conservative viewpoint based on policy, then there's no personal conflict. She can like Biden and still disagree with him.
  17. I love Duke's mayo. Stay safe in NOLA, @Mindthinkr!
  18. Ohmo

SEAL Team

Large quantity of spoilers above that deal with the rest of the season. Proceed as you may wish. Last night's episode was very sad. First the KIA soldier and then Swanny. Even though he had significant issues, he was growing on me, and I liked the Swanny/Clay dynamic. The ending reminded me of a news report about veterans who die by suicide. The report mentioned a vet who took his own life in the waiting room of a VA hospital.
  19. ElectricBoogaloo

Jane the Virgin in the Media

Yesterday was the last day of shooting so there have been lots of pictures of hugs like this being posted.
  20. Scarlett45

S09.E15: Bow Down

On Briana’s original 16 & Pregnant I definately understood their appeal towards each other. Devon wasn’t into drugs then, and Briana was so fresh faced. I think all the DeJesus women are attractive, but plastic surgery and poor choices have taken away the youthful glow (besides Brittney). As far as the poster upthread who commented as to why the family was so immeshed and focused on “helping” Briana- this may be the Sib in me coming out, but there are a lot of people who are capable of making decisions, but don’t have the capability to make good decisions. I don’t think Briana is intellectually disabled but I do think she is very very very much on THIS SIDE of competent, and her sister/Mom know it. They don’t want anything to happen to her. Again this might be my Sib self talking- my sister is a Tall Toddler who isn’t capable of making any decisions, but I see the MESS that happens when people are capable of making decisions but not good ones. I am on vacation so I haven’t seen the episode yet BUT- Leah and Jeremy are back together for real? Yup.
  21. blackwing

Whiskey Cavalier

I was wondering the same... what was so special about this episode that they had to delay it? Was also wondering about the locations. The Hive is the HQ in London. The team went to the Ukraine, deal went bad, Will got kidnapped. Then cut and next scene they are back in England. Why? Why wouldn't they have stayed in the Ukraine and just had others at the Hive direct them? Then once they got a lead they went back to the Ukraine. Maybe this show has teleporters. In other news... Scott Foley's chest hair went gray. When did we all become so old?
  22. realdancemom

World Of Dance

It's usually the right leg on this show and SYTYCD. A lot of contemporary dancers also are better turners and leapers when they use their right leg. So one of the things that I watch if I was basing on technical skill is whether a dancer is strong on both their left and right sides. Radiance's routine last week was better. Actually, for all the adult groups, their routines were better last week. So with this week's routine, Radiance did not deserve to be in the top three. The top three last week were the ones that made it this week. That's what I predicted would happen. I was wrong last week when I predicted that the other groups were a toss-up but I said Lauren Yakima would make it. She was wobbly this week when she was so solid the previous weeks.
  23. Bryce Lynch

S38.E11 Fasten Your Seatbelts

Angelina was pretty good on RHAP. Plus Rob did his Reem impression and a new Wardog impression.
  24. Writing Wrongs

The Enemy Within

Whenever they show the opening bit about spies among us, I keep hearing the L&O "dun dun" in my head.
  25. GaT

S05.E01: Thug Death

It's been so long since this show was on, that I totally forgot about it. I hope this season is more like the original season, because the last 2 kind of sucked.
  1. Load more activity