Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. AngelaHunter

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

But I bet she posted the pics on FB or some other inane social platform. I skipped this of course. Savagery does not entertain me, but honestly! This is the way some people live. They think fistfights (and kicking, biting, choking and scratching) jail time, restraining orders, stealing from family and friends and all manner of violence and vandalism is normal. This IS normal in their world - the way they do things. It never stops amazing and disgusting me.
  3. GHScorpiosRule

JAG

4. Lamb18

S38.E10 Blood of a Blindside

I thought this was the response to the question above it and not TVfan's question.
  5. kitmerlot1213

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Our queen Gabi was excellent today--I liked her and Ciara working together to try and save them selves from the goon and she played her terror over Rafe's getting shot extremely well. I think Gabi apologized to Ciara simply because she knows what it's like to be involved with someone that other people hate--Gabi used to defend Nick like there was no tomorrow. I can't believe that Rafe was actually listening to romantic advice from Lani--a woman whose answer to relationship difficulties is to get drunk and have sex with the nearest man.
  6. Personally, I just really don’t like her either. 😉 What I find bizarre is all the vitriol towards her from cast mates and viewers for behaviors that are no different from any of the others. She may be new to ya in the show, but she does know a few of these women already. There is history there. Was she a little spikey with Tinsley? yes, but Ramona called a dead man stupid last week for overdosing and Bethenney screamed hysterically at Luanne and called her a fuck doll a few seasons ago. Lu was pretty down and out back then. The only conclusion I can draw is that it is ok to be vulgar, sloppy, cruel and rude as long as you have the right hair, makeup, wardrobe and plastic surgery. As long as you have the money to look good while being a colossal asshole, all is forgiven. Seems to be an ever increasing trend in American society.
  7. emma675

The Grand Tour

Jeremy breaking down so hard surprised me. If I hadn't known they were continuing on with road trip specials and were beginning filming this summer, I'd have been really worried. I think he adores the interaction with the live audience and that ending after 17 years is difficult for him. I feel like James and Richard enjoy it, but don't live for it like Jeremy. I loved the shots of ordinary people with their old cars and old photos. That was really cool.
  8. Castiels Cat

Spoilers With Speculation

They rebooted season 6 hard and Jack absorbed aspects of both Sam's (soullessness) and Cas' (taking something into himself/possibly opening up a doorway to another realm IF he resurrects Angels in a misguided attempt to help Dean and heaven). He has 3 fathers and losing control is both Cas' brief season 7 storyline as well as Dean's MoC storyline. Jack has modeled his himan behavior mostly after Dean in terms of how to be a man and a hero. I think he will want to sacrifice himself in the end although the Winchesters and Cas, his spiritual fathers, may decide they have to sacrifice him for the greater good with Dean being the one to do it because he always said he would. However in a season 10 finale mirror he cannot. There may be an endgame Michael twist. Michael wants to kill God and everything about the end of Ouroboros felt hinky to me like one of his set-ups. The head Lucifer could be Michael in disguise. Michael may even have engineered Mary's death to set this all in motion to get God to show. Michael had been shown to be about the long con. Also with nephilim grace and Dean he would be unstoppable. Of course I refuse to accept that they just summarily dropped that storyline, especially after remaking the connection to AT. And people won't like it however Dean immediately wantion to use the BotD is another example of his reckless decision making when his family is at stake which is what Death was talking about. This is what he did when he jumped worlds to save Mary and what he did when he said yes to save Sam and Jack. He put family over the world. It is his tragic flaw. So his storyline is very much still in play.
  9. MrsRafaelBarba

S20.E21: Exchange

Okay, thanks!
  10. Ms Lark

Bless This Mess

Making book on which goes first, "Abby's" or "Bless this Mess." I don't think either are long for this world. Must admit, the cow-phobia scenes were amusing. I'm not crazy about the lineup of stereotypes.
  11. doodlebug

House Hunters: Buying in the USA

There’s also the fact that a lot of people are allergic to dogs. Traipsing through a stranger’s home with a dog who is bound to leave behind some dog hair and dander is so disrespectful. What if the homeowner or their kid had bad asthma and having the dog in the home triggered an attack? Really not cool I think she meant that, because she had a child, she wasn’t interested in a casual relationship; that she wanted marriage and long term commitment. Not unreasonable in that situation, IMO.
  12. chaifan

S31E01: You're In Our Race Now

I am almost protest watching this season. I absolutely hate the format. I have always hated the Survivor/BB stunt casting. Maybe I'm a TAR snob (OK, I know I'm a TAR snob), but my opinion is that TAR fans and the "true" racers (non-stunt casted) are a different breed of reality show contestants. They're truly there for the RACE. Whereas on Survivor (to a certain extent) and BB (almost 100%) the contestants are just fame whores. That said, I'm not terribly unhappy about Art & JJ being eliminated first, even though they are a TAR team. I honestly don't remember them at all, and can't figure out why they were cast on this season in the first place. I would have been most happy to see BB Rachel go - ugh, she's like fingernails on a blackboard to me. (I only know her from TAR, have never watched BB.) I'm indifferent on Colin & Christie. Yeah, they were not the best human beings in their season, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they've grown up in the last 15 years. They may prove me wrong, but I'll wait and see. I like Leo & Jamal. I'm betting Leo had a harder time on the "mountain" because he was first and it looked much more taut at that point. Others were able to grasp onto folds in the vinyl that weren't there when he was trying. So I think the vinyl loosened up a bit with more people climbing on it and gave people something to grab onto. And I'm a fan of Becca & Floyd. As to her meltdown in her season, it wasn't her greatest moment, but it certainly was no worse than what we've seen of a lot of the racers. Most racers have at least one meltdown per race, and we've seen a lot worse from others (mostly male racers) that haven't had such strong reactions. Floyd certainly got over it, I think everyone else should, too. My dream would be a full TAR final three.
  13. Sandy W

S10:12 Tell All: Part 1

I have read that those imdb entries have been disputed and it has been claimed that it was another Robyn Brown. Coincidence? I wonder.
  14. ginger90

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

“Your training was one not merely of words, but of actions.“. Blanket training, correct?
  15. HaaCHOO

QVC

They are boring and horse-faced. The Q does love that "too many teeth" look. SMH I watch their shows occasionally...and generally like the brothers--but I'm old enough to be their grandmother so I'm more forgiving. When either of my adult sons comes over and sees them there's a GROAN.
  16. Hmmm that sounds delish @atlantaloveshow about sliding one down the bar to me. All the politics this morn is driving me to drink early.
  17. Carolina Girl

S07.E16 Lashanta's Story

Agree. I don't want to see a parade of failures. I want to be uplifted and root for someone.
  18. Stacey1014

When Calls The Heart

I wouldn’t mind that. When Rosemary was taking care of the orphan girls in the Christmas movie, I expected her to adopt them by the end of the movie. I have always liked Rosemary and part of me would like to see her as the mayor because it would give her interaction with almost all of the characters.
  19. janjan

S08.E01: Winterfell

A couple random thoughts on rewatch: What's with Jaime's dark hair? Is it just to show that he's not a "Golden Lion" anymore? In the same way Dany's and Cersei's costumes kept getting darker and darker as they evolved, until they were both in black? (Although Dany left her black dress at Dragonstone both times she went North and changed into bridal white.) (Where did she find a dressmaker on that rock anyway? 🙂 ) I take it back that Bran can't be bothered with such mundane things as Jaime's crippling him. I missed the significance of his reply to Sam that he was sitting in the courtyard "waiting for a friend." (As we were meant to, dang contriving writers.) When Jaime arrived, Bran abandoned his trademark 1000-yard stare and skewered right on him. Uh oh. But maybe saying "a friend" wasn't sarcastic -- maybe he means to thank Jaime for making it all possible, and probably saving humanity to boot. I'm still creeped out by the opening scene with the little kid running through the crowd and climbing a tree. Yeah, I know, it was eventually revealed to be an echo of Arya's and Bran's actions when Robert arrived in S1E1. But the more immediate echo was of the little kid running through the catacombs under the Sept of Baylor to light the wildfire. And the kid looked more scared than excited. Or maybe he's just not as good an actor as Maisie Williams. (Few people are.)
  20. AnimeMania

S04. E18. Ohana

The bees kill surprisingly few people (maybe 3? and none that don't deserve it) even though they are deadly AF.
  21. proserpina65

S31E01: You're In Our Race Now

Magic Spray! Seriously though, it's probably a topical analgesic like they use for soccer players. (And yes, we soccer fans refer to it as Magic Spray.)
  22. paigow

S08.E01: Winterfell

Thanks for correcting me.
  23. People I know who used it did so for odor, chafing, or sweating. I recall commercials in the 80's to use powder to keep you "fresh" and keep odor at bay. Scented body powder was a thing for a long time and could be found on lots of people's dressing tables in a pretty container, complete with a powder puff (usually flower scented). My late MIL was religious about using it. She once bought me a bottle of what she used and told me to try it (sweating/chafing issues). Blech. All it did was turn to paste, requiring me to have to shower again to get it off. Plus I found that the scent didn't react well with my body chemistry (I can't wear some perfumes either), and it left a funky smell. I tossed the powder in the trash. Late MIL dealt with urinary incontinence, made worse by uncontrolled Diabetes. She refused to wear Depends type stuff, and also refused to use the special pads made for that. Instead, she'd buy feminine hygiene pads, then complain she was "soaking through Kotex like crazy". No amount of telling her they were not meant for that purpose would work. She'd use the powder, but smell like an odd combination of powder and pee. Now when I smell baby powder, that thought is burned in to my brain.
  24. ams1001

S07.E16 Lashanta's Story

I'm usually about 4 pages behind. I read in one tab and comment in another, or if I want to respond to something I open the comment in a new tab and then reply to it. (Which is why I sometimes ask/answer questions that were already answered two pages earlier!) I wish I could temporarily change the default reaction to 'laugh'; it would save me half a second each time. Those half-seconds add up! 😛
  25. KimberStormer

Past Seasons Talk: The Tribe Has Spoken

I always say, China first. It's not the best season, but it's a very good season, and I think it's the most archetypal season, that most closely fits the way Survivor seasons in general go. So if it sets your expectations you'll understand how the game normally works and what to look for. And you get Courtney! I find above my advice to newbies, and I still agree with it:
  26. pdlinda

S07.E16 Lashanta's Story

I feel exactly the same way you do!! At this point I think we may conclude that the pool of appropriate candidates ready, willing and able to participate in this show is dwindling to just about ZERO!! Maybe the show has run its course and Dr. Now should gracefully drift into retirement. His son's production team will be faced with finding a new way to earn a living but, hey, that's life in a market economy! It's about supply and demand and my belief is that they will receive residuals from the endless loop of past shows that will no doubt flood the airways of TLC for years to come. The bottom line is that there is really no justifiable reason to keep airing "new" episodes with essentially no redeeming value to the viewer. Simply forced BOREDOM!!
  1. Load more activity