Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I thought this was the perfect ending to a beautifully crafted unconventional series. From Blackthorne hallucinating a return to England that never was to be for him, to the grace the ending gave to characters like Buntaro and Father Alvito who in a lesser show would have been straight-forward antagonists throughout. I was thrilled to get such lovely scenes with Fuji and Blackthorne, absolutely thrilled, because Fuji and her actor had been such a stand-out for me all the way through the narrative. Yabu-Shige got his just desserts - any sadness I feel for his fate is down to the marvelous performance by the actor. Yes, lets remember that he boiled an innocent young man alive. Cosmo Jarvis was especially fine in the finale. I never thought he was a weak link of the cast. There was just less focus on him in this adaptation in comparison to the book and the old mini-series.
  3. Someone posted a screenshot of her phone call. At first I thought this must be a parody
  4. Justin is gross, gross, gross! "No tongue? Uh, okay." Yary, delete the number, ghost him! If you are serious about your (so far non-existent) polygamist life, you lead with that, Justin. Not at the end of the first "date" or after implying the wife is separate from the side chick. Yary seems to think she will just "date" Justin with wifey's consent but no involvement. This couple is batshit crazy.
  5. Sigh. Another week of reruns.
  6. OK, this made me laugh. Thank you. Me, too. Though my expectations were low. Now we just need some narrative development beyond, "Hey look, it's like the game!" Given I have tried to watch Rebel Moon 3 times and have made it 15 minutes into Part 1 and was alternately bored and eye rolling, Fallout *has* to be better. I was shocked to see a Rebel Moon Part 2 dropped. Yes, and that's a key point. Despite the horrors of the Great War, and all the knowledge he had of it, Coop went ahead and nuked another city to protect V-T. So he is a True Believer, not a victim or bystander.
  7. Yikes is right! Wow. I had a plugged bartholin gland once and they had to put a balloon in there for about two weeks. So much fun.
  8. There is something very sinister happening in the Vaults, looking forward to seeing Norman continue to figure things out. Maybe that's his calling, detective. Or at least a true crime podcaster. My guess is that Lucy is remembering the actual surface which she went to with her mother, but later she was taken back to the Vault again. So where is their mom? Maximus is way too quick to let success get to his head, he even made a similar mistake as the real Titus, just because your in the power suite doesn't mean your invincible.
  9. Oh, let's talk about this, shall we? I could not believe what I was seeing on my TV. Ordinarily there would be just a circular blur over that general area. Not this time. Bravo wanted to be sure we saw what was happening downstairs. They got out their Photoshop lasso and drew an outline around Kyle's boner and used the blur tool just on that specific area, which left nothing to the imagination. 😲 This is really the root of the problem. Bravo has seriously diluted the concept because of the expansive franchise. They have to find guests not only for this show, but also for Med, Sailing Yacht, Down Under, etc. And the pandemic only made things worse. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel and bringing in reality show wannabes and other Bravo-lebrities who think they're supposed to be obnoxious. Tumi was on WWHL and Andy asked her if producers encourage guests to be obnoxious. She said a lot of them just think they're supposed to be that way because they've seen the show and know they're on TV. When you've got a camera crew following you around you probably feel obligated to perform. I understand there are limitations on what provisioners are able to supply locally. That said, the primary specified that she didn't eat pork, and Anthony tried to serve her regular bacon anyway. Just like he tried to serve vegetables to the lady who didn't eat vegetables. This has been a chronic problem with him from the start, he couldn't seem to follow preferences. I think it was telling that when Kerry brought him up the the wheelhouse, Anthony would only admit to making a few mistakes and downplayed how badly he was doing. Perhaps he was in denial that every meal had been more or less a disaster or maybe he hoped he could fool Kerry into thinking it hadn't.
  10. I saw someone on another site call Kayko's performance 'Dalton Rappatoni meets Sanjaya', yet I admit I actually voted for him for the first time all season. He woke me up and made me laugh on a very dull episode.
  11. It wouldn't shock me either. I bet the turnover of waitresses at his restaurant was something for the record books.
  12. We all know the English language is a rule breaking language and we just had pizza two nights in a row. Does everyone pronounce it peatsa or do some pronounce it like the Leaning Tower?
  13. And yet somehow a number of them survived for a long time after the bombs fell, which makes me wonder how (beyond the cryo beds). You could well be right. The show is pretty and has some moments of humor or narrative clarity, but it isn't consistent and has no direction so far except getting characters from point A to B. I have found that many viewers today are fine with that, and some honestly don't understand when you try to explain narrative direction and themes. I see this a lot in sci fi, where characters act in inconsistent ways ("but it's funny!") or there is no consistent internal logic ("what do you mean?"). This is the only character where I see the beginnings of meaningful development, going from disillusioned and bitter to caring about something. Maybe. Lucy is going the other way, but that's less character development than simple survival. I view those morons as analogous to corporate life. You get people at the top who don't deserve to be there but who are ambitious and think they got there on their own (instead of being someone else's cannon fodder pawns). Everyone else suffers for it, but to the person truly at the top, that doesn't matter.
  14. That was a creepy scene, I think she said “this won’t hurt at all. Do you remember the first time you told me that?” I guess referring to when Tommy first molested her. Very creepy. And yeah Beatrice was so screwed up from all that Tommy had done I don’t know if she would ever be okay. Tommy was just pure evil. I wonder if Tommy had more victims he assaulted besides Beatrice and Duke’s wife, it wouldn’t shock me.
  15. Steven Gerben as Will, the anxious owner of the Valley Forge Automotive Centers, a failing chain of automotive repair shops that he inherited from his father, which he is unqualified to run. Shane Gillis as Shane Gillis, Will's cousin, employee and bane of Will's existence. Chris O’Connor Kilah Fox Stavros Halkias Andrew Schulz
  16. Because I'm not gullible? Because it's obvious that some of the things on the preference sheets are obviously a big surprise to some of the guests?
  17. Per the Futon Critic, the season finale is on May 22 http://thefutoncritic.com/listings/2024/05/22/premieres/
  18. Claire got a new phone when she got out of the hospital (which was also monitored by Grampire). Nikki wouldn't have needed to call it since Claire was pretty much chained to the Raunch and in everybody's space doing the Welcome to the Family Hugfest. Remember Billy's Tardis trailer?
  19. Per the Futon Critic, the season finale is May 22 http://thefutoncritic.com/listings/2024/05/22/premieres/
  20. Speaking of Johns Hopkins I'm not missing my weekly mention of how that was not addressed yet AGAIN while the show only has two episodes left. I did read something on the media thread about how that's going to be addressed in the finale episode so at least I know they won't let it hang with no resolution.
  21. Disney's agenda is the same as that of every company that isn't a non-profit in a capitalistic (read: fair) economy. To make profit. As it should be. If they think that by now, not having most of the main characters be exclusively straight-cis, male and white is the way to make more profit, they should stick to it for more than few movies, because the current numbers can't IMO reasonably confirm if the smaller viewership is due to that or to the changes in the industry (pandemic, strikes, putting movies quickly on Disney+, ...). The last few years have been rough in general. What we now know is that until a few years ago, there was an intentional bias against having women and people of color as main characters. Having them now is putting things to normal, not having an opposite bias. (I'm not saying that that is impossible, but that is IMO not what is happening ... come on, the majority of main characters is still straight-cis male white characters. Even if they only produced movies with only non-white gay women for a few years, it would take a lot of time to get to a balance. And that is not happening either. Last time I checked, the next movie is Deadpool and Wolverine, two white cis dudes - one is not straight so that is something at least.) Regarding catering to only comic book fans, that was never the case. They want to make movies for general audiences. There are always some nods and easter eggs for comic book fans, but that's it. And if they wanted to cater exclusively to comic book fans ... well, good luck with that, we can't agree on anything, lol, so the chances that people would be pissed no matter what would IMO be even higher 😄. Plus, you know, much smaller audience, which would mean much smaller budget (not necessarily a bad thing if they concentrated more on practical effects and less on CGI, but then we wouldn't have all those pretty visuals we got used to, so a double-edged sword.)
  22. As a poverty-stricken freelancer, I'm a sucker for dream homes. And as a former Floridian, those homes and water views this season were so amazing it was definitely fun to just enjoy the home decor silliness, no matter how bad some of it was. But this season was SO frustrating. First and foremost, I'm sure that Leslie and Lyndsay are perfectly nice, decent people in their everyday real lives. But oh my GOD, for me they are the most irksome, annoying, fake, over the top people I've ever seen. Their worst sin is that they are just the worst actresses ever when it comes to participating in anything "reality." Both twins speak in these exaggerated pushes so that every! single! word! sounds! like! it's! being! screamed! by! a! cheerleader! who! smokes! a! pack! a! day! And they both do it. It's incredibly fake and mannered, and I find it unwatchable. It doesn't help that they have incredibly cheap taste. Like, they do have some good ideas -- like the really lovely loft home office -- and then they destroy it with kitschy stuff like that horrible faux-animal-print wallpaper. And they're in love with cheap knickknacks and wicker/rattan stuff. It's like they succeed at the macro but then fail on the micro. And soooo much clutter. I'm still salty they won the outdoor challenge when theirs was by far the worst in terms of thought and design. The ugly, cluttery furniture placements! The terrible pool setup! Nothing faced the actual water! Aagghhgh. And they keep making these mistakes in logic -- the dog cleaning station upstairs was the perfect example. I did love the solar panels, but the installation on the roof looked incredibly temporary, unprotected, and -- as depicted -- would not have survived one major thunderstorm. I loved a lot of the guys' house -- their living room was absolutely gorgeous, and those ceilings were to die for! -- but I frequently disliked some of the art. The Zen room was lovely, but the "Buddha" painting I thought was just terrible, and cheapened the whole room. It looked like a talented high schooler's art project. And that closet was embarrassing. In Florida, what the heck is a fireplace in a closet beyond a waste of space and a fire hazard?! I liked several of the Baumlers' rooms, and loved the elevator (absolutely money well-spent in a THREE-STORY home where you'd have to climb stairs with those groceries. But I disliked their kitchen and (badly) connected dining table. Just not my cup of tea. The curved walls and organic shapes were soft and pleasant even if they aren't my thing (and there was too much white on white for me). But their pool area, patio, and balcony were all really lovely. I really dislike Paige and Mitch's taste and their utterly bonkers space planning. I did love the grocery/dumbwaiter but I hated so much of the rest about their home -- the outdoor shower on the balcony (why not put one by the pool instead?) -- the spice rack cupboard behind the stove (so that you would have to reach over hot burners and boiling items to reach spices!), I hated the twice-elevated master bed (stairs and then the extra step up into the bed -- talk about a tripping hazard), hated the cheap-looking "couch swing" in the patio, and just thought the home office with the elevated motorized bed looked oppressive and claustrophobic. This was the weirdest part this year (and always seems to be year after year) -- all this emphasis on overstuffing crap into non-living spaces! Nobody needs three washers and dryers, fireplaces in closets, or wine walls (which is just not a great way to store wine). They seem nice enough, but oh, man, they are just awful for me in terms of watchability. It's like watching bad actors overacting real life every step of the way. They just come across as fake to me -- in the way of people who have forgotten how to be genuine. I've always figured the show was fake (or mostly fake), but wow, looks like they won't be coming back for the next one.
  23. Me too! But I think it's because I mostly listen to the TV rather than watch, so the visual was lost. I've seen a 3rd brand of whole-body deodorant, can't remember the name. I can't find it, but there is a Lume commercial with the woman in a bathroom with towel wrapped around her head. She says something to the effect of "they" try to make us embarrassed about odors other than armpits. Exactly who is "they"? As far as I can tell, the only ones trying to makle us feel bad about BO are the deodorant companies!
  24. And you know this how? Do you know someone who works at Bravo or something? I'm curious to know why you even bother to watch this show if it's as scripted as you seem to believe it to be.
  25. You did! I almost blacked out myself! I hope Yary runs far and fast.
  1. Load more activity