Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. baldryanr

The NBA

But I thought the NBA was trying to rig the series. How come the FT advantage wasn't 50-2 instead of, let's see, 17-13 in favor of the Nuggest? Why weren't Jokic and Murray called for fouls when they wandered into the general vicinity of AD and LeBron?
  3. NBC did the same without CGI back in the day.
  4. Reed can still be the leader of the team even if they make Sue the lead character and focus of the film. Having the story revolve around Sue doesn't necessarily diminish Reed's role and vision. It all depends on the writing and how they choose to tell the story.
  5. Today
  6. I dunno, for me it was a relief for the main topic to not be something that made me want to curl up into a ball and lose all my faith in humanity. The repeated bit with the snake made me laugh.
  7. I would love to learn that he broke up with her. Although, that’d be painful for Bryn.
  8. The majority of the Potomac cast did not grow up in the hood or scary big city. They were not throwing hands at the Jack & Jill social or the AKA debutante ball because somebody said something they didn't like. At 35+ years old, they're old enough to know how to fight with their words and not with their hands and they're old enough to know if you put your hands on somebody because they said something you didn't like, YOU will face more consequences than they will. Just as we say women over high school age should know "talk shit, get hit", women over high school age should also know "If Susan has a nasty mouth when I'm rude to her, maybe I shouldn't be rude to her." The problem is people think they should be able to talk shit to Person A but when Person A serves it back to them, they want to get indignant and butthurt. That's not how it works. While both Charrisse and Mia both blamed Candiace for her response to Deborah walking across the room (egged on by Ashley) to come fight Candiace, they were both correct in saying Candiace had too much to lose to tangle up with Deborah. This is why its good Candiace will likely not ever be around this production & cast again, whether it was Candiace's choice or not to separate from it. She's not innocent, but she's also not the one outsourcing her violence to hoodbooger henchmen, then pretending to have clean hands.
  9. Yes, and Bethenny's biggest fear was that her mother would be alone. Well, she had a way to remedy that and she didn't take it. Paul does not seem to be in the picture these days.
  10. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13337037/Kim-Zolciak-lavish-giveaway-Kroy-Biermann-financial-woes.html Kim's latest hustle. To enter, you follow a marketing company's 61 accounts. The comments on Instagram questioned what you could buy at Chanel for $1000 & her use of photo shop.
  11. Just saw South Africa Black Hills. Can't believe the boxer guy quit. What a weenie, hope he gets taunted at his matches.
  12. Boes, I laughed until I coughed my guts out reading that! Lol 😆 🤣 😂 Give a birch a warning first, please and YOUGOTTHAT?!? Oh how I hope Lily sides with Nostrils and Jill. Billy is right, Devon is a power tripping asshole.
  13. I couldn't even ask 10.minuyrs with this shite. I didn't think it was possible to have a mire odious cadt than the 90 Day Miserable Ever After crew but here we are.
  14. I think possibly he was on BP meds (noticed at one point he downed some pills as part of his daily routine). Funny though, we had the same reaction.
  15. I thought today's show was pretty great. I enjoy all the conversation today even the weakest one which was between Maxie and Lois and was only because this seem like the first time Lois ever spoke to Maxie as adult. While there was little action today, with all the conversations between characters, there was a lot of movement in stories as a result: Sonny continues to isolate himself from everyone. I agree that MB was really good with that line reading about not believing that Carly would ever abandon him Willow and Drew - okay, I guess the show is continuing that they are "close." It was interesting that even though Drew clearly told Nina he wasn't going to help her with Willow and the grandkids, he ended up doing so in a way that wasn't pushy and let Willow to decide what to do with his information All those convos between Jason/Danny, Sam/Kristina, Danny/Kristina, Jason/Sam. That are character driven as they are getting into the meat of the storyline whereby Sam is afraid Danny will be heartbroken because Jason cannot be reliable and Jason knowing she is right but also knowing that Danny isn't going to let that stop from being around his dad Nina & Ava kaput. Good. It never made sense. Yes Ava was thankful to Nina for helping her realize that she wasn't crazy and needed to be in a mental hospital because Nikolas was haunting her. But enough was enough. They are better as enemies than as friends. Better enemies than Nina vs Carly Sonny and Nina kaput - fucking finally. After three long years where I had to watch as my favorite character on the show (yes he is a criminal idiot who doesn't know how to use a condom or gun properly, but he is my criminal idiot). I hated every single second of Nixon Falls and the purest love bullshit that was Sonny and Nina. I was even happy to endure their montage in which they showed Sonny wearing that stupid hat, because the montage/divorce means that they are done None of this was flashy, but it was pretty good dialogue and I thought the actors did well with the material and some things were resolved in a way that made sense to me. Now I just hope when we get to May sweeps, we get some of the flashy with the good dialogue/character driven stories. I expect a bunch of somethings happening at Brooklyn/Chase's wedding because they are not going to bringing any real drama.
  16. Hello fellow Dr. Now watchers. I almost never get to live chat during the show since we typically watch it after it’s been recorded on Monday or Tuesday night following. My eating habit tonight was four slices of leftover pizza. Right now I can relate to the pound participants because I’ve been having a little trouble maintaining the progress I made last year. And it’s the same thing when he mentioned the sugar high and the endorphins from food and the stress interactions I could totally get that. But my BMI is one fourth of the 133 BMI. I’d have you reach 1200 lbs to hit that BMI. I was torn watching Charles on this episode because he had flashes of self awareness and humanity yet I suspected he was going to be one of those ones in denial, and the whole set up there with paid enablers and the drugs around the family history were both red flags. Frankly it was hard to watch due to some very recent history involving a family member who lived up there and the drug culture that ultimately took the life of at least one person close to that family member. I was up there several times trying to deal with the aftermath last year. And dealing with other sketchy drug people in the process. So yeah it was triggering and I could recognize subtle signs. It all looks suspect to me because I’ve seen it. Functional addiction looks a lot like what you saw with family. I suspect brother and even Charles may have been dabbling in stuff although it could just be he was habituated to the kind of Happy Talk that you heard from him. Its classic addict talk. On the one hand it feels like it’s supportive on the other hand, he’s simply enabling while helping. Hard to explain, but I see it for what it is and when the chips fell, it was, he (brother) who did not want to go to Houston. That was clear to me. Brother was Mr. Supportive on camera but when it came to having to actually move, and he thought he might not be able to manipulate Charles, he had to come out strong on not going to Houston. Watch how he looks during that last call to Dr Now. Brother is giddy because he got what he wanted. Once Charles clearly decided to stay here he then reversed back to cheerleader and helper (and bullshitter). Moving is not easy in any situation, but think about the incentives they had to stay including housing support. Paid caretaker role for the brother, and probably probably food assistance. Not trying to run afoul of the forum guidelines here just noting the realities that they had things pretty wired and a nice apartment, and moving to Houston would disrupt all that and they might never be able to get back to that set up. I’m sure that was the brother’s calculus. About the bed situation. Why did we keep seeing a different bed in every scene? It seemed like sometimes the bed was double height on a boxspring, sometimes it was a bigger mattress on the floor, sometimes it look like a kid’s mattress. So what was going on with that bed situation? Confusing. Huge red flag when he did not make the initial weigh in appointment because “van wouldn’t start”. Yet they rideshare to get food at the grocery store, go fishing, and they later rideshare to the park to grill hot dogs they could have grilled in a frying pan at home? Then there was the paid tourism in Houston by rideshare. At some point I just felt like there was much more going on here than meets the eye. The brother felt very scripted and angelic on camera. Which reminded me very much of having dealt with addicts who give you a great story. Great story and let me tell you it’s amazing how they can lie. The Pacific Northwest is rife with meth addicts. The whole thing was very difficult to watch. The one highlight was when he actually did lose 73 pounds. But then that was squandered. I hope somehow he can sustain more weight loss and keep eating the healthy diet, but I’m not optimistic. Andv he needs to become independent of any paid enablers.
  17. I forgot about this thread, so I am just now seeing everyone's comments. Count me among those who were disappointed with the Amy selection. Not because I don't like Amy (I do! A lot!) but because it was so predictable and repetitive. Sam's played a lot, too, but I am feeling much less Sam fatigue. I was hoping they'd pick him. Or Larissa Kelly. Or Brad. Especially Brad. Or someone else from the past. It was fun when Chuck Forrest came back for the Invitational. I get tired of seeing the same faces all the time and would like to see some old favorites return. What's Bob Harris doing these days? I was a big fan of his back when. Since Jeopardy has tournament fever, maybe they need to do a Veterans Tournament. With players who haven't appeared in a tournament for at least a decade. Not a Mattea fan, but I could become one if they take out Yogesh. I may be the only James fan here, and I'm hoping he goes far because he amuses me. I don't want him to win, though-- I want that honor to go to Victoria.
  18. Just to add to this. Even if a miracle happened and Ari and Corday made up I wouldn't be surprised if Sony wouldn't approve her coming back. It could be a liability issue. I'd venture that most people do not return to a job after suing for sexual harassment.
  19. Night butterflies dating for special occasions Genuine Damsels Exemplary Сasual Dating
  20. If I were Sam, I would let Danny and Jason visit with each other as long as there were at least two body guards/security people present. Sort of a supervised visitation thing. As far as Sam's other concern, that Jason could just take off again, just warn Danny it could happen. Have Jason explain it, too, as well as the danger in being around him and thus the need for security. Danny shouldn't be denied seeing his father (even if it is Jason 😒).
  21. Um, does Abby even know her mother has 700 personalities? Wonder how much longer Braeden will be on the show. He's looking frail & ill. Victor trying to be intimidating is not so convincing . . . No, it's not just that Dummer is being annoyingly written. It's also cuz Allison Lanier is a really, really lousy actress. Ah, so all the Newmans & Abbotts believe in taking the law in their own hands, eh? Except maybe Victoria. But Drinki's plan is as stupid as what Vic & Jackie were doing with the driver. Sheesh, this shit is so dumb.
  22. I guess co-opting Marko's exclamation point did the trick. Took a little zip out of Marko's, perhaps. Next person needs to add two of them, for extra power. I noticed Marko's adam's apple on Friday, only because the stage lights were hitting it in such a way that it appeared to have distinct angles, like a sideways pyramid. I'm glad I didn't envision any creatures poking through, though. (This is not a dis on Marko's appearance, just the unfortunate lighting. I liked and will miss him.) I'm mad at myself because Zora Neale Hurston flitted through my mind, but I rejected her. I'm not very familiar with her writing and thought she was mostly known for poetry. I really have to start getting out of my own Jeopardy way.
  23. I guess it depends on who you people think was saved. Alec? I guess. However, he has had some off weeks. But Nicky won the first challenge in the episode.
  24. This cannot be said often enough. I’ve never moved faster than my sprint from Anywhere to the remote, the better to mute this broad. And you can’t swing a dead cat without another of those full-body deodorants showing up during ad breaks. Why is this a thing now?? I predict these will appear in some future online video: “Ten Products from the 20s You Don’t See Anymore”. Fingers crossed.
  25. Having just finished the season and searched for a reunion episode, I can confidently say that it is NOT available on Peacock. Would love it if someone who has seen it could give a recap? I am particularly interested to know if anyone got salty about the Harry reveal, since they were so unshakably faithful (pun intended) to him. I can't say Harry didn't deserve the win, but I was not rooting for him. He just came off a little too cocky and smug. Much like Paul before him. I was hoping Jaz and Mollie would take it, because Jaz was the smartest and most deserving of the Faithfuls, and Mollie seemed sweet. Just a little too trusting for this type of game, though. I also would have been fine with an Andrew win, even though his play was too reactive and emotional. He just seemed like a decent guy, and I felt like the money would have meant more to him. I never understood why nobody ever questioned Harry's shield story. Yes it made sense, but only if a killing was attempted. We all know that a recruitment happened instead of a killing, but why did no one ever consider this as a possibility? They all knew that could happen, right? Even Jaz, with all his suspicions of Harry, never floated this theory. I was also disappointed in Jaz at the final banishment. He was the only one who asked for another vote, and why would he do that if he were a traitor? I was literally yelling at him to make that point to Mollie, and he didn't. So maybe Harry was the only one who deserved to win, after all. He was the only one who didn't make any mistakes, as far as I can recall. Still not thrilled with the outcome, but this was a damn good season with a worthy winner, my preference aside. Why are the UK versions of game shows always better than the US versions?
  26. Thanks. I knew I could Google but sometimes I just want to be force fed.
  1. Load more activity