Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I know nothing about the whole Sheila/Sugar saga except what Lauren told Deacon in the last 1-2 episodes…but Lauren did tell him Sugar is still in jail. So why do they still think it’s possible Sugar was the person cremated?! Just go to the fricking prison where Sugar might be and see if she’s there and how many toes she has! It’s not rocket science, people!
  3. It's just very difficult to both steer a huge wobbly rust-bucket full of waifs down the Ohio Turnpike at 90 in a 70 zone, and also manage to shoot majestic panoramic videos of those neat "You Are Now Entering..." state signs, along with stunning views of....other parts of the turnpike, I guess.
  4. I'd say unlikely cause Ava is in her fifties, but Kristen got pregnant at 70 so...
  5. Not many names sound good when paired with Duggar, let’s be honest.
  6. I agree, and I hate how they wrote Lucille out because it made no sense to the character. Cyril and Lucille were a strong couple, clearly in love, and the minute they get married she takes off? No. I’d rather they killed her off right after her wedding, soap-opera style. While I agree that Matthew’s response to Trixie’s job find was typical for men of that day and men in his position, it just makes me so angry that that kind of toxic masculinity was/is allowed to flourish. I’d bet that a woman who lost her career would scramble to find a job, any job, maybe two, just to keep a roof over their heads. But men have to be all proud and ego-filled and wait for a position becoming to their station, or whatever bullshit they tell themselves. And women are the weaker sex? Okay. I didn’t get why the kids had such a problem singing that song in a round; kids sing in rounds all the time, especially in those days. It’s the easiest thing, and I had “Give Me Oil In My Lamp” burning, burning, burning through my brain all night. That’s an especially satisfying round because the “Sing, Hosannah” sounds so lovely against the stanza. And of course, Shelagh has to get all fraught about the idea of kids singing in a round, but Shelagh gets fraught about every damn thing.
  7. FYI - paracetamol is the same thing as Tylenol.
  8. But Ezra DUGGAR? That doesn't trip off the tongue. So many other worthy choices.
  9. Oh, that makes me very happy! Thinking of them speaking Latin and not a common language. By 1600, Latin was not spoken by the common folk. I don't know anything about Japanese grammar, but I do know Latin and we would consider it "stilted" which is how we would probably view Japanese as well. It just fits in my brain. I also considered that he had written the rutter in Latin, but I also don't think of the rutter as being prose-y, but more like a list of notations of latitude and longitude and brief weather notations and then maybe "Sacked that Portuguese village. Here's what we collected:" It seems it would be easy to translate a list like that, especially considering how close Portuguese, Spanish and Latin would be.
  10. N might be a challenge, if the Kellers use up all the N names first. Ezra isn't bad. It's popular right now -- I know of another Ezra who's about four.
  11. I cackled when Stephanie said "always the victim... everyone's after Rob" as if it wasn't true. She said something like "you think your the target when no one is thinking about you." Also, I thought Rob made a good point that most of the drama seems to involve Stephanie.
  12. NUguy514

The NBA

That was a brutal, beyond devastating loss for the Lakers. The world is sometimes a wonderful place.
  13. That would be wonderful but I think it is a fantasy.
  14. Yep, I believe Jill posted something about Jesus protecting them in the crash and someone 'round these parts went and found the police report and discovered that, aside from the traffic violation, they were cited for not having baby Nemo in a car seat.
  15. I don't mind them not sending someone home in the final four if it really is too close to call, but that wasn't the case here. There was definitely a top 2 and a bottom 2 - Nickey or Alec should have been out.
  16. 🎵 “Hello lovelies” 🎶
  17. It was Nurthan when Nemo was an infant. Not sure how we first found it, but someone posted the police report or ticket Nathan received.
  18. I think it's dumb that all of the ghosts have paired off since the show started - I mean, some of them have been living together for centuries, and most for decades at the least and NOW everyone decides to get a partner? I can see that it took that long for Isaac and Nigel to admit their feelings, being enemies for so long and Isaac in the closet since before death. Hetty and Trevor make sense because he hasn't been there that long and I'm sure she thought he was beneath her until she discovered the "washing machine" and circumstances showed her that she could relate to his ruthless business side. But Thor and Flower - no idea, and ditto Pete and Alberta. I actually preferred Sass's car ghost and Alberta's baseball player.
  19. Dang it, this is what happens when the actor playing Hank played Agent Cooper in Twin Peaks! Yes, Hank in Fallout, thank you for catching that.
  20. "Great emotional torture story" is sooooo right. The only reason I watched it all was that I have a standing date to go over to my friends' house every Sunday, play Scrabble and then watch whatever is on Masterpiece, unless it's a rerun or we all three agree we don't want to. In this case, one of my friends found it moving, so his husband and I went along with it. But this last episode: GEENG CRINE!!! She dies at the 18-minute mark, and then the rest of the 45 minutes is milking and milking and MILKING the depressingness? Every detail of his watch by her body? Every replay of their happy moments? It was a relief when they showed his daughter sitting at the two graves; they get to be together in death, anyway. I hope she knows her mind better in the afterlife. But such a weird enterprise! Four and a half hours (given six 45-minute episodes) of nothing but the love story of people with a severe approach-avoidance conflict? And that's ALL it is, no intertwining with a heroic quest to get the talisman to save the world or survive a great war or solve a mystery? We watched the stuff after the 45 minutes and saw that the participants were very happy about this and thought that these two deserved this very close attention to their story. Ooooooh-kay. As I hinted above, it made one of my friends cry, and usually I love to cry at sad stories, but I actively resisted doing so at this episode because I had such a feeling of being POUNDED into doing so. And yes, never watch "The Patient". Oh, that enraging bummer of an ending!
  21. And most of the time there's only one shift of detectives, even in a big city.
  1. Load more activity