Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I think this is a bit of an oversimplification. I disagree that the meaning or resonance should remain the same if you switched the sex or race of a specific character. There are certain essential traits that human beings and individuals identify with that are associated with notions like race and gender. I agree with rmontro in the sense that many audience members might connect differently to a female version of a character than to a male, or to a non-white character than a white character etc. Further, one of the reasons I like the idea of replacing the male Silver Surfer with a woman/female is because of the unique opportunity to do different things with the character than you could otherwise. How might a woman react to being separated from her homeworld and lover? How might a woman experience and endure living and serving at the will of Galactus? How does a woman perceive and understand the power and nature of the universe? This particular kind of perspective is worth exploring in my view, and is an example of the value that can be gained by reimagining stories and characters in a different lens.
  3. I’m beyond over Sandavols whining but that doesn’t mean I want to hear Sheana whining. She’s ridiculous. She is lucky she got to capitalize on Scandoval because no way would anyone want to hear her awful songs otherwise. I’m sure the restraining order sucked but she should have been thinking about her Summer Sky or whatever stupid name the poor kid has and kept her hands to herself. The way everyone lost their shit when Tom mentioned her being the other woman was laughable. She was an adult , it’s not off limits. What the hell is wrong with Brock not making a relationship happen with his older children? If he’s just sitting around while Sheana earns the checks then why can’t he make an effort with his kids? If James doesn’t have a good reliable pet sitter then so what if he stays home? Lala and Sheana are lucky they have their moms around to care for their kids so they can attend all these dumb events. They need to zip their big gross inflated lips.
  4. As AI improves, maybe they will pay child actors “royalties” for the use of their original work to generate new episodes. Of course, in this utopian future, nothing will go wrong. 😑
  5. What do we think was coursing through Jax’s veins when he impregnated Brittany?
  6. Schwartz’s tattoo stencil looked like he leaned against something.
  7. Omg. Just read a short “People” article online about how she was domestically abused by her last husband. Well. I agree that sucks & no woman should have to suffer like that but she is not gaining sympathy but non stop harping on this. No one feels sorry for you when all you had to do was kick him out of your home worth millions & go back to life as usual. Why doesn’t she end with something like “ So I made a $100,000 donation to fund so and so women’s shelter/?” And she brings up her weight, she is getting a bit too overweight, health wise this is dangerous. If you read her cook books and the way she speaks about what she eats, unless she has super genes, there’s trouble coming.
  8. Today
  9. Same. So close. Like I could almost see it: 𝒞乇𝓻ภ Oh, I immediately recognized the names of the 2 HBCs. But United Negro College Fund is not something I “know.” I feel kind of embarrassed to have gone with NAACP. Nam’s “UNICEF” response may have been equally embarrassing, but I think I figured out how he got there: The clue began with “This organization was founded 80 years ago….” UNICEF was founded close to 80 years ago in 1946 (whereas the NAACP was founded in 1909, or 115 years ago). And the “U” in UNICEF is for “United.” I wonder if “United Negro College Fund” would have come to him eventually — like me with many of the clues. Well. I’d probably have to Google most of them.🙃 Thanks to Antiques Roadshow, I instagot the FJ of Tiffany.
  10. The producers plane-shamed James FOUR times in this episode.
  11. I watched an interview with Larry and Susie Essman from a talk show (one of the interviewers was Willie Geist, and they talked about his guest appearances in season 12), and when the word "retirement" came up, both Larry and Susie pushed back on it. Susie said—in one of the few times during the interview when she sounded like her Curb character, but without the cursing—that Larry was only retiring from Curb Your Enthusiasm, not retiring period.
  12. It seemed to me that Jax was hounding both James and Guillermo about hosting a brunch. Guillermo tried to justify defying LVP by pointing out that the number of covers was impressive, and that they should be thrilled with how much money it was bringing in. We know, for LVP, it’s all about her money. Even when her choices traumatize her staff. But when it comes to her ego, it’s an entirely different situation.
  13. Honestly. And I don’t think he’s the only one. There are at least one or two other cast members who mispronounce it. Ronnie also mispronounces it; he is aware, but it’s a habit now. And when it has to do with Ronnie F- - -ing Karam, I want to say, “Maybe Ariana is mispronouncing it.”
  14. Maybe this Daisy will start a new trend. Fringed shin length jeans called Daisy Duggs. Jeans so risqué they sometimes show a peek of the knee. 😁👖😂
  15. Heh, that’s probably because remembering might be triggering: “Posting Messages Dos and Don'ts “DON'T post in a thread until you've read at least the last fifteen pages or days of content” (https://web.archive.org/web/20140329222809/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3150213-twop-forum-dos-and-donts/)
  16. Premiere date: April 24, 2024
  17. Maybe being in a family where she didn’t feel loved by her spouse made her a beyotch.
  18. I'm not fond of Zach, he's always right in the middle of whatever is going on, so the little shove he received, was due. Jax, mortgage, work, children, yes it's worrying at times, but it's called life. Welcome to that world. Too much Jax tonight. I like Jesse, Michelle cannot be happy. He's too quiet, too loud, good lord. I noticed Brittany's boobs even more this episode, and her accent is way stronger than it use to be. Luke looked thoroughly miserable, he misses his old life, he needs to move on, those two will never work out.
  19. I find names so fun and interesting. The differing opinions and the cycle of names is forever changing. I do like the name Ezra. I like it a lot more than Henry, George or Fred. Some names I dislike just because, some because of who they remind me of and some because I find them on the silly side, like Neveah, which I'm guessing will be Nuri's next child's name. But yea, Heistheway is a definite winner of ridiculousness.
  20. Sad to hear about that. I loved BSG as a kid and Terry Carter as Colonel Tigh.
  21. Yes. I would love it on Friday night too. But MGH starring in a Friday night show? Wouldn’t something implode? When the show first premiered, the title seemed half baked. And there was a lot of throwing the spaghetti on the wall to see what sticks for the characters’ personal arcs. It’s almost like nobody ever took the show seriously. Like it was always just The Little Engine That Could — until they unplugged it. ☹️
  22. OA definitely doesn’t do impersonations. But I would love to watch a crime show where one of the regulars does do impersonations. Wait. There was one, but CBS just canceled So Help Me Todd.
  23. If only a "knock-off show" could recapture the early years when Meredith was at the helm and ever panel member shared their opinion without pontificating or preaching. I truly miss those days of light-hearted discussions...without all the eye rolling or faking a nap. Even the heavy stuff was discussed with taste and no one gave a lecture. Now THAT was truly enjoyable!
  24. steelyis

X-Men'97

Bastion! Bastion? I didn't see that one coming! And who knew Theo James could VA so well? Rogue is not playing around! I'd tell her to relax, but Trask invented Setinels to do precisely what they did on Genosha. Weapons of mass destruction rarely don't do the mass destruction part of the job title. Still, that was some cold beans of Rogue to drop Trask like that. That final scene with Bastion shaving Erik was very creepy. It gave Theon shaving Ramsay vibes.
  25. I just saw this again, and there's one particular scene I wonder about: The scene where Fred and Lloyd are in the cafe and Fred asks him to do the moment of silence to think about all the people who "loved them into being". All the people in the restaurant follow along with them. How do they know what they are doing? Have they been listening to the whole conversation since Mr. Rodgers is a celebrity? Or (probably more likely) are they so used to Fred eating there that they know what he's doing, because they've seen him do it so often, and they go along with it?
  26. That sounds a little judgemental. When I was growing up, we were told we weren't supposed to "see color", because that was racist. Now we are told we are supposed to see color or people won't be seen. In other words, we are told that race is part of the experience of the person. So if that is the case, how could it be the same person if you change their race? If you think about it, that doesn't make sense. I haven't seen the new Wonder Man yet, but the race change there doesn't bother me. But if it is one of my very favorite characters, no I don't want the race changed, or anything else changed about them. Besides which, it's lazy. Make new compelling characters that are more diverse. That makes more sense anyway. Most of these characters from the Lee/Kirby days were from a time when the US was not at all as diverse as it is now, not even close. Let's have some creativity today, Hollywood seems to rely only on sequels, reboots, remakes, and adaptations these days. Where are today's creators?
  27. True. But they've always just called it "Salem, USA," without specifying a state.
  1. Load more activity