Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. If I were Sam, I would let Danny and Jason visit with each other as long as there were at least two body guards/security people present. Sort of a supervised visitation thing. As far as Sam's other concern, that Jason could just take off again, just warn Danny it could happen. Have Jason explain it, too, as well as the danger in being around him and thus the need for security. Danny shouldn't be denied seeing his father (even if it is Jason 😒).
  3. Um, does Abby even know her mother has 700 personalities? Wonder how much longer Braeden will be on the show. He's looking frail & ill. Victor trying to be intimidating is not so convincing . . . No, it's not just that Dummer is being annoyingly written. It's also cuz Allison Lanier is a really, really lousy actress. Ah, so all the Newmans & Abbotts believe in taking the law in their own hands, eh? Except maybe Victoria. But Drinki's plan is as stupid as what Vic & Jackie were doing with the driver. Sheesh, this shit is so dumb.
  4. I guess co-opting Marko's exclamation point did the trick. Took a little zip out of Marko's, perhaps. Next person needs to add two of them, for extra power. I noticed Marko's adam's apple on Friday, only because the stage lights were hitting it in such a way that it appeared to have distinct angles, like a sideways pyramid. I'm glad I didn't envision any creatures poking through, though. (This is not a dis on Marko's appearance, just the unfortunate lighting. I liked and will miss him.) I'm mad at myself because Zora Neale Hurston flitted through my mind, but I rejected her. I'm not very familiar with her writing and thought she was mostly known for poetry. I really have to start getting out of my own Jeopardy way.
  5. I guess it depends on who you people think was saved. Alec? I guess. However, he has had some off weeks. But Nicky won the first challenge in the episode.
  6. This cannot be said often enough. I’ve never moved faster than my sprint from Anywhere to the remote, the better to mute this broad. And you can’t swing a dead cat without another of those full-body deodorants showing up during ad breaks. Why is this a thing now?? I predict these will appear in some future online video: “Ten Products from the 20s You Don’t See Anymore”. Fingers crossed.
  7. Having just finished the season and searched for a reunion episode, I can confidently say that it is NOT available on Peacock. Would love it if someone who has seen it could give a recap? I am particularly interested to know if anyone got salty about the Harry reveal, since they were so unshakably faithful (pun intended) to him. I can't say Harry didn't deserve the win, but I was not rooting for him. He just came off a little too cocky and smug. Much like Paul before him. I was hoping Jaz and Mollie would take it, because Jaz was the smartest and most deserving of the Faithfuls, and Mollie seemed sweet. Just a little too trusting for this type of game, though. I also would have been fine with an Andrew win, even though his play was too reactive and emotional. He just seemed like a decent guy, and I felt like the money would have meant more to him. I never understood why nobody ever questioned Harry's shield story. Yes it made sense, but only if a killing was attempted. We all know that a recruitment happened instead of a killing, but why did no one ever consider this as a possibility? They all knew that could happen, right? Even Jaz, with all his suspicions of Harry, never floated this theory. I was also disappointed in Jaz at the final banishment. He was the only one who asked for another vote, and why would he do that if he were a traitor? I was literally yelling at him to make that point to Mollie, and he didn't. So maybe Harry was the only one who deserved to win, after all. He was the only one who didn't make any mistakes, as far as I can recall. Still not thrilled with the outcome, but this was a damn good season with a worthy winner, my preference aside. Why are the UK versions of game shows always better than the US versions?
  8. Thanks. I knew I could Google but sometimes I just want to be force fed.
  9. IKR? I mean he's old enough for her to realistically be his daughter!
  10. Justin reminds me of the guy who shows up for my annual termite inspection.
  11. [Interior: FX / Hulu / Disney boardroom] Exec 1: Shogun is over budget. How can we save money? Intern: Instead of spending cash on big battle stunts, somebody dreams that they won without actually fighting... so all the extras can be CGI....
  12. I've just started rewatching it with my 22yo granddaughter, and she loves it as much as I do.
  13. Why would Carly have needed to know Jason Q to remark that she thought Danny was just like Jason? Carly wasn't saying he was just like teenage Jason; she was saying he reminded her of the Jason she knows. The same goes for Sam commenting on Danny not talking much. That is very much a Jason Morgan thing. And, at this point, Jason has been Jason Morgan longer than he was Jason Q. Of course when people talk about him being like his dad, Jason Morgan is who they're referring to.
  14. Today
  15. I adored Anthony, but it seemed that Fraser and Captain supported him plenty. Fraser helped him plate all the time and gave him plenty of advice - Captain had a couple of reasonable chats with him pointing out where he needed to improve. But it's Fraser and his team that have to deal with unhappy (and in this case, demanding and ridiculous) guests and they have their own jobs to do without having to mentor or assist the chef too. He has to be able to do his job, and he was struggling. Not sure why he wasn't getting help with dishes, or if that's a normal thing, but maybe they didn't have the resources. No clue. Didn't like how Fraser handed the Barbie situation, but I don't blame him for this. It just sucked because Anthony is a sweetheart.
  16. I had no idea this show is cancelled, so after smiling after this episode I’m in a crappy mood now. This show continues to be the highlight of my week. It is absolutely hilarious and so much fun to watch, especially since Todd is no longer moping over his ex. It was nice to see them relaxed and she was trying to set him up with the coffee shop worker (forgot her name on the show). Maybe we can get a scene of them doing karaoke at a bar so they can show off their amazing voices. That entire sequence from the ridiculous costumes, to drunk Lawrence, and then the apartment scene made me cry from laughing so hard. I was shocked at Allison and detective, and then Lawrence face planted and it all went to hell. I’m really going to miss this show and all the amazing chemistry between the family. Even Aunt Patty and her awesome one liners were seamless within the chaos. Her quip about how Frozen is “too real” had me cracking up.
  17. Maybe they had the pieces upside down in a few spots. Apologies if I’m making excuses, but I think that I would’ve ridden that track a few dozen times before completing that puzzle.
  18. Lantern7

MLB Thread

Heh. It’s like asking AI to spit out a Seinfeld plot. “Why did you open your mouth?!?” “How was I supposed to know I sounded like the manager?!?” George would’ve been the one with the mouth in that episode.
  19. Bearing in mind that I don't particularly care that they're using Shalla-Bel in this case since it's a different universe, and we may see Norrin Radd in the regular MCU: Being "socially responsible" is fine, but there are plenty of ways to do that without having to change iconic characters. People don't want their very favorite characters gender swapped or race swapped, they want to see their favorites up on the screen, as if they had walked off the comic book pages. That's why RDJ worked so well as Tony Stark, he looked and acted like the comic book character. Why can't they show some creativity and create new characters that are "socially responsible" instead of hijacking old ones? Sue has acted as field leader for the Fantastic Four at times during the comic's run, but Reed is the leader of the Fantastic Four, and always will be. He is the entire reason they exist, and they go on their adventures because Reed is such a gifted genius that they have a unique opportunity to aid humanity by helping him bring his vision to life.
  20. They didn't have to, they made a series of choices. What happened was not inevitable. They decided to cast big name stars for the leads and rewrite the show around them as well as giving in to the demands of their stars. John Travolta asked to sing "Greased Lighting'" even though the song was supposed to go to Jeff Conaway. As for the new songs, I despise "Grease." It sounds more like "Jive Talkin'" than anything from the 1950s. I do like "Hopeless Devoted to You." It sounds like something Patsy Cline might have recorded.
  21. Yes, and point blank lied to her grandmother. She was shown walking all over the table covering with her shoes on her feet. Jane commented that the shoes were dirty (and her feet). Carlin said they were brand new. The camera showed they were well used and the narrative at that time was that they primarily shopped thrift stores. At another event, Carlin and several others were on the hammock. They all admitted the hammock was frequently overloaded and broken. So it breaks again. Carlin held the frayed ropes in place and lied to Jane that it was not broken. She tried to say it was Lawson but Jane again saw through her.
  22. In my case I think it was both luck and favoritism. I was posting on a reality competition show and knew one of the contestants in real life. Someone on the thread kept saying mean things about them that were way off base and that I knew were totally unfair and untrue, like saying they were a fake, sexist and had no talent, etc. I don't know why they kept going on like that especially because they didn't know the contestant except for the show and that person never once acted like an asshole on the show and had quite a list of accomplishments. Also, this poster had to know I knew the person because I had made reference to it a few times. Anyway I kept my mouth shut about it for a long time but then one day they got particularly insulting so I replied to their quote that I knew the person personally and would never say those things about them. I then listed all the great things that person had achieved and done to support my opinion of them. I was never disrespectful or personal in my response. Anyway, the next thing I knew I had been banned without explanation. It just happened that unrelated to this I had been emailing privately at the time with one of the people on the thread and they were shocked by my banning especially because they were a moderator themselves. So they told me they'd check around and find out if there was anything they could do to help me. They got back to me that unfortunately there was nothing they could do because they found out that I had been banned by the board admin. at that time and for their own reasons they felt that approaching them about it wouldn't be received well. I didn't want them to feel like they had to stick their neck out for me so they suggested that I resubscribe with a new name and account, and that's what I did. Anyway we theorized that maybe the person I replied to on that thread had friends in high places which perhaps included the board admin., and they just didn't like the way I responded to them even if it didn't violate any board rules. So they had me banned. It sucked even more because I was afraid that the board admin. would find out it was me if I resubbed with a new account and let anyone know it was me, so I had to conceal my identity from everyone. That was all years ago now so it's water under the bridge, but to this day I'm still afraid to let people know what my former screen name was. I know some of you here would have recognized my screen name at the time, but by this time you probably wouldn't remember me.
  23. So I think i'll just post here - just finished watching this season and this just breezed on by. I think this episode was the funniest of the season - I was laughing so much, especially during the musical. We better get a third season.
  24. The way to have a doctor spend time with you is to be a weird medical case. source: am a medical oddity, had an oncologist spend 20 minutes with me on Friday (outpatient appointment)
  25. Alfred was my favorite. I knew he wouldn't win but I still was sorry to see him go. I keep hoping they'll get rid of Remy. I find her annoying. I'm sure she's somebody's little princess. I hope they're done with wasting food (or whatever they use to mimic food) by throwing it at the judges. Hate that.
  1. Load more activity