Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. RHJunkie

S11 E23: Reunion Part 3

Nene may be mentally checked out from doing this show, but her bank account is definitely all in. Nene can front about all of her non-HW ventures but I don't believe for a second that any of them has been as lucrative as being an Atlanta HW. She uses these small ventures as a means to negotiate a better HW paycheque, and good for her for that hustle but I'm not fooled for a second into believing that Nene has slowed down with her pursuit in Hollywood because she can't forget her roots from this show (she once explained her return as not forgetting where she came from, lol). Nene thinks too much of herself to slum it from the bottom and work her way up and so she'll likely continue for settling for gigs that sound good when promoting but are unlikely near the steady coin she gets from the HW franchise. Nene isn't going anywhere unless they send her packing or offer a salary that would be a big pay cut to what she's making currently. Her own ego may have her walk away all on her own.
  3. byrd

I want Shamari around just to take MarHoe ass down. She's not intimidated by her at all she can hold her own space just fine.
  4. MrAtoz

Jeopardy! Season 35 (2018-2019)

What's wrong with that? Marginalia is a thing.
  5. peachmangosteen

S17.E14: Disney Night - 2019.04.21

Wade and Laci are my two fave voices. I'm just already getting bored with them though, as I am the show in general. I think Laine is super generic and honestly he gives me a very fake vibe.
  6. Danny Franks

S06.E07: Mobile homes and Frank Rolfe

And in the latest* instalment of American Capitalists Find Yet Another Way of Preying on the Poor, we have this episode. It's sad that, the second John mentioned mobile homes, I knew that this was going to be about some company or other exploiting the fuck out of the people who live in them. This is what unfettered capitalism is - being given free rein to squeeze as much as you can out of the weakest in society. Yet millions and millions of people, including a lot of those who are among the weakest, still support it. * Not really latest, because I'm a couple of weeks behind with this show.
  7. KittenPokerCheater

S01.E12: Creep

I agree with you @Jacks-Son. It is sad, but in a way it dovetails with Michael’s reluctance to trust humans. Going forward, I wonder if Michael is going to somehow blame himself for his Mothers/other alien’s death. I mean, the place would not have gone into self destruct mode if he hadn’t broken the glass on his mother’s celll. Death may have been a kinder option for them (being tortured for 70 years and all), but still, I can see him feeling responsible for the death of his family/kind. I think that + the cruelty of humans is going to give Michael even more motivation to leave the planet. And I wouldn’t blame him. 😞 I can also see how this whole experience might create some (more?) self loathing- not being “worthy of any kind of love.” But maybe the writers will ignore that and just have him fall into he arms of Michael/Maria.
  8. Mellowyellow

S05. E20. Better Angels

I love this show! I like the AU they have created and I love the blatant digs at real life. Except I agree with the poster above that in their AU world the environment seems even worse than our world. Conrad did the right thing to reject her resignation. They have always been able to push the other person into the right direction throughout the course of their time working together. I have always loved this friendship and I felt like there was closure from the very first call he made to her in S1 to her running for President in S5. Is there news of it getting cancelled? Why is everyone commenting on this? It is freaking me out! I have really enjoyed most of this season and although I will miss this show terribly (it's my favourite show on TV) I did like how it ended with Bess formally launching her campaign. I would love to see her become Madam President but it still feels fairly complete if it had to end here. I think the writers did a really good job. Everyone's story feels complete and I felt like I was able to get a feel for where they will move on with their lives so if it has to end here, it's a pretty decent place to end.
  9. RedbirdNelly

S15.E22: Head Over High Heels

Yes, to a degree, yes--and maybe not the day she learns it or the next, but seems like days have gone by. Most people could buy "I've learned something traumatic but am not ready to discuss it" but seems like she can't even say that. It would be more understandable if she had not known she was adopted and suddenly discovered this out of the blue. But, as we all know, she lived in a car. She did not have a stable upbringing, so the possibilities of why, what happened, had to have run through her head over the years. Learning the truth would still be traumatic but less traumatic than if the thought of it had never occurred to her.
  10. Drogo

Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Britney is and always has always been beautiful. More beautiful now if she's getting help she needs. A photographer snapping her coming out of a MH facility could take 1000 photos and the absolute worst one is going to make it to publication. If this is her worst photo, she's looking damn good.
  11. MissL

S04.E13: The Seam

Oh shoot. I just realized you were the poster that was so excited in escape from the happy place thread. I also wanted to jump in and stop you from continuing (probably a lot of us did) and it was heartbreaking to see how thrilled you were knowing what was coming. But we don't "spoil" on here. I feel like the Q/Eliot shippers often feel like they have to justify being angry as not just a shipper thing but if it adds any validation I wasn't a shipper for those two (I wasn't against it I just wasn't invested although I absolutely love both characters) and still hated how this went down. I think I've said it before but I don't really ship anyone on the show which is so odd for me. I just want to see all the friends together saving the day and screwing up but then trying to fix it with fish magic and cake.
  12. WHOA! It took this thread for something to connect with me. At the very first episode- Ned was teach Jon to rule. "A true leader will always carry out the execution himself" or something like that. Yes- Cersei's ass better be dead. And burned. We DO NOT want that beotch to come back- EVER!
  13. LemonSoda

Sex And The City

In many ways it felt like Pre-Paris Aleks had all the qualities in a man she had been seeking all along. He was upfront, funny, intelligent and as I said before didn't bend over backwards. When she pretended to not be herself on the phone I cringed that someone her age with that much life experience who writes a sex column is acting like a twelve year old. Forgot to mention Berger earlier. He seemed to share her emotional immaturity and issues. It's a shame they didn't develop that character more because it could've given Carrie the opportunity to show some growth as a character by being someone else's support system. I think the post it note ep is hilarious because she's calling out someone else's immature antics when she's just as bad. Totally! I know she was concerned about Samantha but it was as if someone else's feelings, friendships, losses didn't matter which yeah typical Carrie. But I was shocked how dismissive she was toward his own loss, feelings. Aleks was great with Brady, better than all of them were actually lol He seemed to encompass the great qualities she claimed to be seeking all of the time while dating, complaining about men. Steve ugh it's like the writers went out of their way with that. With his bar experience he would know better. Lol after that dinner I'd question not only why are you friends with those but why am I with you? You acted like an idiot when I asked you out, you're rude and cynical without reason, you don't respect anyone's time or feelings. I could go on lol
  14. Chloesmom

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

It looks like it's from the University of New Hampshire?
  15. GHScorpiosRule

Gadgets: Phones, Tablets, & Whatever Else They Come Up With Next!

Dammit. The switchbox won't work. The end that's supposed to go into the back of my tv isn't shaped like the HDMI--so I'll just have to settle for unplugging/plugging. And there was fine print that it's not compatible with Comcast or Xfinity, and I have that, so there you go. Phooey.
  16. Haha, debatable at this point of Nougatnatural. Which is the main reason I'm sick of him. He hijacked the entire show. Make a spinoff with him and give me the opportunity to not watch from the start.
  17. byrd

No ,MarHoe needs that Peach shoved somewhere else ... Nene will tell her just where to shove it when she turns on her again. Nene is intimated by MarHoe , she met her match in her. MarHoe is as foul as Nene if not more. she can be downright cruel. Lol !! yes, that what I have and my grandkids are very comfortable in it.
  18. MisterBluxom

S08.E02: A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

Seems to me the answer to this must be qualified by the reminder that like many other characters, the NK is something conjured up by the author to complement part of this story line and cannot be analyzed in terms of anything real. I do not mean to insult anyone by saying this. I know you understand this. So why am I repeating it? Well, so many posts made here seem to be based on the fact the chars are somehow real or at least can be analyzed according to human psychology. But we all know they are not and yet, that just seems so easy to forget when discussing them - especially chars like NK because it's not even based on anyone or anything real. My reply would be the author invented NK because he needed some symbol of fear and terror to justify the development of the other chars. If the NK was real, I think the way it's been constructed just omits far too many human characteristics. Specifically, I don't think it has ever shown any sign of the ability to make complex plans or to think of ways to out-maneuver opponents. Apparently, that part of its mind died when the human part of this char died. There's almost nothing about NK that makes any sense to me. It wants "death" to prevail and all living things to die so that it can then rule all that remains. But everything that remains will be dead. How does that make any sense? It seems clear to me that a great truth has been made in this show. I refer to the truth, "nothing ever stays the same". So the condition where everything on this planet is dead and NK rules over all of it is impossible. Why? Because that would be a situation where nothing ever changes and there would be no point to that. There would be nothing to gain and nothing to lose. It makes no sense. It was never intended to make any sense. It is just an empty figment used to help make some sense of this story line and - IMHO - it is very poorly constructed. It's just one more external threat designed to set up yet another big expensive battle scene. Personally, I'm tired of all these big battle scenes. I know they cost a whole lot of money to produce and they are quite thrilling and make for stunning TV. But when you watch battle after battle, it doesn't take long before they become excrutiatingly tiresome. How many battles can you watch before you question the point? I understand that someone always emerges from these things as extremely courageous and a great hero. But this cast is just chock full of extremely courageous heroes. There comes a time when it all just becomes too tiresome for words. I truly do not mean to criticize anyone for believing it's possible to use human psychology to analyze chars created from the author's imagination. But after seven seasons, I just can't understand how the show runners expect to maintain the high quality of this entertainment. Like many others, I believe this show is quite possibly the greatest TV epic ever made and I've loved watching it. But, it's just becomes far too difficult for me to go along with it anymore - at least the parts of it like the battles. I understand that I can't speak for everyone. Many of you may have no problems to accept what is given to the audience. Perhaps I'm just getting too old for it any more.
  19. BigBingerBro

Live PD

I'm "OK" with Sticks, but I don't get the fanatical appeal. He actually does well on the program he narrates, which surprised me as he's often not that articulate on LivePD. Has Tom Morris Jr ever subbed for Dan? I think he'd make a good host.
  20. cambridgeguy

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

I suppose it's possible that if Sansa explicitly says the North will never bow to Dany even with Jon having bent the knee then Tyrion will decide to be proactive and do something to try and eliminate all of them. In addition, if Jon does decide to make a play for the Iron Throne then he might do the same. However, I cannot see Jon claiming his birthright unless Dany dies.
  21. Higgins

Maybe a Jeep Grand Cherokee?
  22. stormy

Are these the Democracy For America poll numbers?
  23. Chloesmom

Who's a good political pundit? You are Psycho Joe, you are!
  24. palmaire

Gentleman Jack

I really enjoyed this! It has an unusual but evocative soundtrack, which is not something I generally pay attention to. The up-tempo percussion when Anne quickly strides about made me smile every time. I've seen Suranne Jones in some other roles, but she's marvelous here so far. Haven't read any reviews or articles on the real Lister, but my guess is that this doesn't end happily ever after for her.
  25. I liked the Theon/Sansa hug. I enjoyed Turmond's attempts at seduction. And honestly, my favorite moment was Sam giving Jorah the sword.
  26. Bella-UK

S14 E19: Jack in the Box

This was what I was wondering too. It all seemed wired if I'm honest. Like his reactions to Mary talking to him like he instantly wanted her dead and out of the picture didn't feel like the Jack we were used too. Jack might do the wrong thing, but he's not an instant murderer. It feels oddly out of character for him just to obliterate Mary. Jack had feelings for Mary, and did feel there was something there for her, and the way he killed her just felt like a different person was doing the killing. I remember when Sam was soulless and he was horrible trying to kill Bobby in the cellar, and doing a deal with Balti to keep his soul in. These are actions of people who are not in their right minds. Jack doesn't know what his mind is doing. Was Lucifer acting that act of murder on Mary, and not Jack?
  1. Load more activity