Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. woodscommaelle

Season Six Discussion

I could not be in that house if they were playing that game (not that, you know, they’ve invited me or anything 😉). I’m with Alex on that noisy crap. Can’t handle it. I do like that they bought that game though....knowing nothing about it. Emma is adorable in her glasses.
  3. Manhands

S04.E17: Quinceañera

What was in the chocolate fountain? I kept rewinding and pausing. I could not figure out what that was.
  4. GreekGeek

Jeopardy! Season 35 (2018-2019)

People said the same thing when booze-related categories turned up during Ken Jennings' run, since as a Mormon he doesn't drink, Tonight I knew plebeian and Double Indemnity. I made a wild guess on Europium, since most other places were mentioned in the clue.
  5. joliefaire

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

So, there are two (potentially massive) spoilery clues hanging out there that I haven't seen yet discussed at this board. Lets dig into these, figure out what they might mean! 1. We know the opening credits for S8 have changed, but have we really zeroed in on those changes? For example, the Isle of Faces, north of KL, is now on the credits, BUT it is no longer an island! It is shown now as a peninsula, with a spit of land adjoining it to the mainland. WHY?? My guess is that it makes it easier for NK and his dead army to cross onto the 'isle'. Why would they want to? Perhaps to destroy all the weirwood trees there? Perhaps after all, NK's sole purpose, his sole ambition for everything he's doing is to destroy all the weirwoods left in Westeros? We'll know better after Ep. 3--if he makes it appoint to deliberately destroy the weirwood at Winterfell, we know that's what he's after. Could it be that the magic the Children of the Forest used to create him is kept intact only through the weirwoods, and if they're all destroyed, he'll be free to just die as a normal 8,000 year old human man? 2. At the opening of Ep 8.01, the little boy running to see the arrival of Dany, Jon and their armies has a brown leather satchel slung on his shoulder, of the type that looks like it would be used to carry documents. In 8.02, one of the two little girls who get up and walk away from Missendei has a similar brown leather satchel slung on her shoulder. AND, the little burned girl who spoke with Davos and then said she would go and guard the crypts during the battle had the same brown leather satchel. So, Varys' little birds? Qyburn's sparrows? We did hear Cersei tell Qyburn earlier (cant remember which episode) to expand his spy ring everywhere).
  6. saber5055

Jeopardy! Season 35 (2018-2019)

Holy cr*p, @Browncoat! When I saw the category of The Elements, I was hoping for the subject to be rain, or another one of THOSE kinds of elements. But NO. So I came up with the answer of (remember, this is in my head so it's phonetic) ... EUR-ranium. You know, spelled like Europe. Then I spelled it in my head and was like, oh, duh. I guess that's wrong. I've never even heard of the right OR the wrong answers. I ended up losing today by 13 points to my Evil Self. *sigh* I wish Evil Self would get voted off the island or something. I feel about her like some of you do about James. Speaking of, I did get the TS of plebian, and the TS of Double Indemnity. That was a great film noir, with Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck. I got a laugh out of Trebek correcting James' pronunciation of "Jatte" after his answer of Serat's A Sunday on La Grande Jatte. Welcome to Jeopardy, Mr. Holzhauer! Side note: A Sunday on La Grande Jatte is at the Chicago Art Museum. It takes up an entire wall, floor to ceiling almost, and is on a wall between two doors so it's the only painting there. There are benches in front of it and always people sitting there plus standing to look at it. I don't care for it myself. But that's just MY OPINION!
  7. gingerella

Completely Unspoiled Speculation Thread

This sums up my feelings way better than I tried to say, thank you dear Llywela! Dany represents the old way of ruling over people, whilst the 'new way' that I think Westeros will want and need to move forward after/IF they survive this battle against the AotD, will require someone more like a melange of Jon's emotional intelligence/honesty/loyalty/integrity, Tyrion's intelligence/diplomacy/street marts, and Sansa's compassion/honor/loyalty. Those three combined, to me, make a great governing team, plus an assortment of folks hither and yon to care for the day to day of their localities - Lady Lyanna for Bear Island, Alyse Karstark for her area, and so on. A new generation with a new way of keeping the peace so that everyone - citizens of Westeros and former Wildlings, can live in peace, harmony and prosperity. But we all know how A Show likes to shit on A Viewer when we're down so...I'm not getting my hopes up too much, until we see what the death count is Sunday night. Aha,^THIS^! This is where I can see Arya killing Bronn to take his face and thus gain direct access to Cersei to kill her off once and for all. You heard it here Spitballers... 😉
  8. Robert Lynch

Leaving Neverland

Michael Jackson musical moving to New York
  9. Bunnyette

Top Chef Canada

Crappy pana cotta should have left...but there are lots of delicious vegan desserts out there...a nice mousse or vegan ice cream...
  10. anamika

Sansa's bitchy to everyone. She has made snarky remarks and commented on LF, Tyrion and Jon's intelligence and how they are all stupid now as opposed to her. As Jon told Arya - Sansa thinks she's smarter than everyone. This is who she is now. Like Cersei over in KL. She's going to get a rude awakening next episode. Sansa saying 'The most heroic thing we can do now is look the truth in the face' in the preview for next episode is hilarious in the context of her creating conflict and dissension against Jon for 2 frigging seasons. Hey Sansa, maybe if you had actually looked the truth in the face nine episodes back and trusted in your brother, Jon would have had an easier time uniting the houses against a common threat. I don't think she is going to be rude and make nasty remarks to Tyrion. That's Sansa's standard expression these days, except with Theon. If there is a Tyrion betrayal plot though this maybe where the 'smartest person Arya has ever met' figures out something about Tyrion. And hence the stankface. As for 'St.Tyrion', pretty much every character on the show has been massively whitewashed to make them more palatable to a TV audience.
  11. Eyes High

We've also "seen" myriad nonsense arguments made in an attempt to defend or minimize her awful behaviour, including, most recently, "Tyrion doesn't care," so here we are. Not at present, but it could be table setting for a dramatic reversal down the line. Will Tyrion be as friendly and chatty with Bran as he was in 8x02 when he finds out how Jon learned of his parentage? Will Tyrion be as tolerant of Sansa's shitty behaviour towards him as he was in 8x01 if Pod and/or Jaime die horrible deaths defending the Starks' ancestral home? Will Tyrion be making great public speeches vouching for Jon's wisdom as he did in 8x01 once he finds out that he has a claim trumping Dany's? Probably not. Another possible indication of the back three episodes not working out super well for Tyrion: Peter Dinklage named the fireside scene as his favourite of the season.
  12. MrWhyt

S04.E17: Quinceañera

Hello Lauren Ash
  13. amazinglybored

S01.E13: Recovering the Satellites

That you can’t control who you love bit... it sounds good on the surface but falls apart under any attention. It’s bad advice. Like when Max was going on about when Michael was abused he was abused. Dude, No. Ignoring how they jumped to her loving him. 1) I think you can choose to shut things down early on, 2) you still control your actions 3) you’re still responsible for your actions and 4) those two were around each other for a decade without any feelings or doing anything. 4 just annoys me. Anyway, the frustrating part is that she knows she shouldn’t be doing this, it’s been established that she does, and then without any kind of explanation she happily does it. Yay, some light character assassination? I chalk the friendship looking weak up to their spectacular pacing that made so many things confusing. There was definitely a time or two the AB household thought we’d skipped an episode. I think it’s supposed to be a good friendship and the pacing probably partially explains why she’s suddenly perfectly receptive to Michael. I liked the Liz, Maria and Alex chemistry we saw. I don’t think he’s just using Maria but he’s still using her and not being straightforward. Her being a good and kind person who he cares about makes it worse. He’s not doing this with bad people, he’s doing it with good people who are dealing with a lot and he knows that. She’s dealing with her mother’s mental decline and I really relate to that part. Actually, she may not have the history like Alex does and she may be easier but her life is anything but easy. That’s a lot and if the show has even a faint whiff of realism (it does not), he’s cost her part of a support system. Iirc, it’s the part that reminded Liz about Maria’s mother and being a more engaged friend. So possibly and sadly the best part she has? I loathe love triangles. She needs to find out about the aliens and not have things drag out. She’s already been drugged and controlled by one, and she should have been told then. It’s screwed up that she wasn’t. Cosdick, one might say. Kyle is the catch of the show. This is a fact. He cannot be another character sacrificed to the SS cosmic love. Alex would be lucky.
  14. lexington11

S31.E02 Knock the Newbie Out of Us

I actually remember Nicole saying on an episode of the podcast that she and Victor do that when she went on to play BB a second time, she didn't enjoy the experience as much as she did the first time, because second time around, she was so hyper focused on winning that she forgot about the fun element. And I can definitely see that being the case here, especially because she's also been open about how she's always had anxiety about anything that involved her being out of her comfort zone.
  15. BabySpinach

S14 E20: Moriah

Dabb would sooner villainize GOD than his precious Wonderchild OC. Lmao.
  16. Callaphera

S01.E13: Recovering the Satellites

They talk a good game (Maria called Alex one of her best friends in a scene like three episodes ago?) but at this point, I honestly believe that they could bump into each other down the chip aisle at the grocery store and Maria would be all, "Hey, that guy looks vaguely familiar. I think I went to high school with him? Aaron? Andrei? I wish I could remember his name..." And then wacky music would play as Alex goes to visit Liz and ask about this woman he just ran into that he can't quite identify because he just missed running into Maria at the soundproof Crashdown by, like, a minute or two doing the exact same thing. Besties! Hire me, Show. I already made it better.
  17. ratgirlagogo

Pet Peeves

But the ATMs at the drive-up window of the bank are the same as the ATMs inside the lobby of the bank. Those shady rando bodega ATMs are a different breed of animal. And way more likely to have skimmers and such.
  18. OnTime

"The View": Week of 4/22/2019

So who won't be there? Whoppi? Can't imagine they would have all six of them at the table with Joe. Meghan will want to sit by him.
  19. Risky Librarian

S02.E21: Stuck as Foretold

America's favorite medical themed game show, "Druggie or Killer?!" (Sorry, I'm in a weird mood tonight. Knowing this show, it's probably both.)
  20. topanga

NFL Thread

So will the Cards trade Kyler? Or was this essentially an F-U to Josh Rosen?
  21. Did anyone catch the pic of Rachel W kneeling in the fringe top from the insta story. That looked like a cover pic worthy photo there.
  22. Oh god, I was almost pretty certain I wasn't gonna watch season 2, but this might put me over the edge. I.hate.Rosa.
  23. topanga

Romantic Comedies

Of course the movie is about crazy rich Asian people. My comments in response to the original poster, comments that I also made in the movie topic itself, is that I’d wish there’d been commentary on how people spend their money. I loved the movie, and it’s one of my favorite rom coms from recent years. And earlier, someone posted a link to an article that suggested CRA is not a rom-com. So when I questioned that in my post, I think some people are assuming I was the one making that statement about the movie.
  24. tennisgurl

Happy!

You ever seen Dead Snow? It features Nazi Zombies! And its sequel, Red Vs Dead, has Nazi Zombies Vs Communist Zombies!
  25. roamyn

NFL Thread

They’re the NFL version of internet trolls. Good Luck Kyler. You’re gonna need it behind that O.L. I’m glad u have quick feet. I’m shocked the Jets didn’t trade down. That even said they wanted to. Guess they were blowing smoke or didn’t get their price.
  26. Minneapple

Just saying...that's a lot of words and a lot of repetition about how Sansa was bitchy and mean to poor Tyrion. I mean, we've seen this tree before. Tyrion sat down to have a chat with Bran so thus far it doesn't seem like he's holding much against the Starks.
  1. Load more activity