Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. OA definitely doesn’t do impersonations. But I would love to watch a crime show where one of the regulars does do impersonations. Wait. There was one, but CBS just canceled So Help Me Todd.
  3. If only a "knock-off show" could recapture the early years when Meredith was at the helm and ever panel member shared their opinion without pontificating or preaching. I truly miss those days of light-hearted discussions...without all the eye rolling or faking a nap. Even the heavy stuff was discussed with taste and no one gave a lecture. Now THAT was truly enjoyable!
  4. steelyis

X-Men'97

Bastion! Bastion? I didn't see that one coming! And who knew Theo James could VA so well? Rogue is not playing around! I'd tell her to relax, but Trask invented Setinels to do precisely what they did on Genosha. Weapons of mass destruction rarely don't do the mass destruction part of the job title. Still, that was some cold beans of Rogue to drop Trask like that. That final scene with Bastion shaving Erik was very creepy. It gave Theon shaving Ramsay vibes.
  5. I just saw this again, and there's one particular scene I wonder about: The scene where Fred and Lloyd are in the cafe and Fred asks him to do the moment of silence to think about all the people who "loved them into being". All the people in the restaurant follow along with them. How do they know what they are doing? Have they been listening to the whole conversation since Mr. Rodgers is a celebrity? Or (probably more likely) are they so used to Fred eating there that they know what he's doing, because they've seen him do it so often, and they go along with it?
  6. That sounds a little judgemental. When I was growing up, we were told we weren't supposed to "see color", because that was racist. Now we are told we are supposed to see color or people won't be seen. In other words, we are told that race is part of the experience of the person. So if that is the case, how could it be the same person if you change their race? If you think about it, that doesn't make sense. I haven't seen the new Wonder Man yet, but the race change there doesn't bother me. But if it is one of my very favorite characters, no I don't want the race changed, or anything else changed about them. Besides which, it's lazy. Make new compelling characters that are more diverse. That makes more sense anyway. Most of these characters from the Lee/Kirby days were from a time when the US was not at all as diverse as it is now, not even close. Let's have some creativity today, Hollywood seems to rely only on sequels, reboots, remakes, and adaptations these days. Where are today's creators?
  7. True. But they've always just called it "Salem, USA," without specifying a state.
  8. Today
  9. What a polite way of saying that Victor should never be served baked beans of any kind, ever. "Chloroforms" is a nice word for the effect that dietary choice has on people Victor is subsequently around. Find the Febreze, STAT!
  10. I know these episodes are filmed well in advance, but is it ever going to be spring in New York? Everyone looks like homeless people with all the clothes on their backs. I guess neither Maggie nor OA came from large families, else they would know that bunk beds are assembled by lifting the upper bunk up and over the pipe stands of the lower bunk. Works in reverse, too, and pregnant lady would have been freed straightaway. I didn't get Maggie's statement that " 1" below or to the left and I would be dead". The bullet would still have been stopped by the vest, but if that's the catalyst for future Maggie-less episodes, so be it. So all the wackdoodles are gathered up in front of the palace to prevent entry. Did anyone think to look around at the back door? Several months worth of MREs stored in the garage. Now I know why they're all brainwashed.
  11. Maybe we need a cue for which is which. Like, when he's just growling and snarling, that's lack of meds. When he's throwing barware, that's all Sonny. I would look sideways at any cops who DID accept Dex into their orbit right away. He's barely rinsed off the mobster dust. Lois was dressed like a cartoon, but her happy face will never not light up a room. Gorgeous. Speaking of gorgeous, Tracy. How 'bout that twerking? And I loved seeing her hair in a ponytail rather than the usual bun. With the trademark Tracy side braids, yay! It feels like Jane Elliot is having more fun lately. Or maybe I'm just projecting because I am. Willow had a different energy today-- more lively, less clingy. Turns out all she has to do is get away from Michael for me to not hate her. Joss was Joss. Shut up and stop trying to ruin someone else's party with your sanctimonious badgering. Kristina can't even enjoy a cocktail, she doesn't need to endure your crap, too. Was I terrible for hoping an ax would land just a leeetle closer to Drew?
  12. I think over the last 15yrs, they've been pretty consistent that Salem is in Illinois. Everything from phone numbers, Chicago is the nearest major city, other little clues, etc. It's sort of an open secret. I find it's more an inside joke with the writers to try "not saying the word Illinois ".
  13. What is Scheana claiming? If Sandoval could cheat on Ariana with Rachquel, this destroyed her trust in her loved ones. She now worries that Brock would cheat on her with Lala? That seems like a stretch to me.
  14. I agree, I have no problem with Peter regarding the business side of things. What I don't like is I feel Peter can be manipulative and use the press to drum up interest in Bo as a way to force TPTB to cave to his "demands/rate" etc. Making statements like "they didn't ask me back" which is complete BS, of course they asked him back. They just couldn't come to an agreement. But Peter would never say that to the press. I know for the actors who no longer live in LA, coming back to Days for a "short stint" isn't economical because they have to pay for their own travel/lodge, and the pay isn't what it used to be. I don't blame anyone who doesn't come back, but be honest about it. I appreciate Patsy Pease (Kim Brady) for being honest that it isn't feasible for her to come back for "visits". She no longer lives in LA, so to come back she would be working for free. Her last "visit" on the show she stayed with Jen Lilley, so that worked out. Unless they're bringing her back for a longer story Arc, it usually isn't worth it.
  15. I know, why would anyone wait until 70 to collect a pension when there's no advantage to waiting and you're just forfeiting the money? I started collecting mine this year. If you don't contact them shortly before your 65th birthday they call you and send you emails reminding you to start the process. Why they would want to make Dan look that foolish is beyond me. That said, I think it would be sad if this show didn't get another season considering how important the original series was in the scheme of TV sitcoms. I think it deserves a season to wrap itself up for the last time.
  16. Air date: April 24, 2024 on Paramount+
  17. I think James has every right to want to stay with Hipster. That dog HAS been through a lot. I don’t understand why they were badgering him. Ally should not complain about attending the wedding without James.
  18. I've seen it mentioned on a lot of sites including these: https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/alex-guarnaschelli-says-shell-be-back-on-the-food-network-after-the-kitchen-ousting.html/ https://www.the-sun.com/tv/10307519/food-network-alex-guarnaschelli-removed-the-kitchen-website/ The latter article claims her name and image have been removed as one of the hosts on the FN "The Kitchen" page and makes reference to her cryptic SM post on the subject. If she was cut for budget reasons I wonder if the show itself is in danger of being canceled. Maybe they'll find someone new to add to the cast.
  19. Early in the season, I didn’t like seeing them using brushes to apply powder to Summer’s face, but mascara?!? She’s 2.3 years old. (She was born the last week of April 2021.) How long before Scheana starts insisting that they only film and photograph Summer from her “good side.”
  20. Ha! For as ambiguous as the show tries to be as to which state Salem is in, they pretty much gave away today that it is, in fact, in Illinois. Tate's new phone number had the area code 872, which is the area code for the Chicago area of Illinois.
  21. This might refresh your memory. It's courtesy of the Internet Wayback Machine. I even found some of my old posts on it - that was freaky. It's a little wonky and a bit like a maze in spots but you can navigate it. https://web.archive.org/web/20140330083129/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/ It's a snapshot from about 10 years ago right before the board closed. I saw so many familiar names like ratgirlagogo, vermiciousknid, totale, theatremouse, etc. Even some names I still see here. Those were the days.
  22. Amber coming back ?? Where did THAT come from ?? She's all kinds of disturbing, but at least not evil. Can she bring Lil' D with her ?? Someone let Deacon know so they can hook up to cure him of his Sheila issues. Although...[naughty naughty me] Daniel was once quite enamored of some of her uh...mumble..bumble...ahem...😍
  23. This is sad and strange maybe...I'm glad his time on Breaking Bad reignited his career. The first thing I ever saw him in was Homicide: Life on the Street. Looking at IMDB it says he was only in 22 episodes near the end of the show's run. Thinking back it's always seemed like his character started on the show long before that since he played a main character's son. Before 'Breaking Bad,' Giancarlo Esposito considered arranging his own murder for insurance money
  24. It's awful to admit, but I had the same anxiety leaving my dog, that James does. We did go away, but I had anxiety. I needed updates. Omg Jax is so creepy looking, between his greasy hair and botoxed face, eww just so creepy. He was on something before he started drinking. Scheana needs help, I dont think she actually applied any makeup to her daughter, I rewound it, the mascara didn't touch her eyes. Anyway, she's super anxious about leaving her daughter, I don't think she can blame Sandoval for that. Scheana and Brock, need therapy. Katie was smiling this episode, I don't particularly like her, but everything she said about Jax was true. Schwartz don't move in with Sandoval, cute tattoo of your dogs!
  25. Egads. I must have muted it just in time to have missed that. She's one obnoxious broad. Is she half horse because she doesn't want to smell like a horse?
  26. A season 5 renewal hasn't been formally announced; but Deadline thinks it's very likely: https://deadline.com/2024/04/cbs-canceled-renewed-equalizer-ncis-hawaii-elsbeth-csi-vegas-so-help-me-todd-1235887600/
  1. Load more activity