Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That reminds me of the Nixon Falls era, when we were getting constant cues, subtle and unsubtle, that we were supposed to see Lenny as a significantly older man than Sonny/"Mike," almost as if Sonny/Mike were the son Lenny and Phyllis never had. Mo is, in fact, younger than Rif Hutton...by three months!
  3. Does anyone else want to see Trina and Dex get together just to watch Joss' head explode? And who studies for a big important exam in the middle of a diner? Couldn't stop laughing at Dex's obstacle course. So he had to show he could shoot really fast through a little hoop with either hand? Not sure what that proves. So if we don't want Jagger with Carly, then who? Is Alexis too old? I'd like to see them together.
  4. The Good: Carisi. He had some good moments this week and was about the only one who wasn't completely sucked into the Benson vortex. It wasn't a two-parter. The promo for next week at least has some potential. The Bad: Benson, Benson, Benson. Another episode where she is the expert in everything and everyone else is just there to handle the details. And she alone has the power to find both justice and understanding. And she has the gall to talk about the perp having a messiah complex? The heavy handed editing and musical cues. It's not like the writing didn't already make everything else abundantly clear so we don't need to be beaten over the head. All it did was undercut the great job the actors did making the material almost tolerable. Yet another Maddie episode that adds nothing new unless you consider elevating the rehashed material to a new level of unbelievablity new. After episodes with characters absent who would have added something to the story we have everyone here this week, with most of them not getting anything significant to do. We could have easily given Curry, Velasco, Bruno and/or Fin the week off since they contributed nothing of significance either plotwise or thematically. in an episode of overused, overdone cliches we have another hostage situation where Benson saves the day by completely disregarding procedure. And they make it worse by not actually taking a chance to go for either surprise or nuance - they could have either had mom kill the creep with Benson complicit, or actually ended the scene with Benson arresting the mom instead of merely mentioning it in dialogue and brought to the forefront that she was in the wrong. The ending. Benson whispers and makes it all better and the victim cries tears of gratitude while Mariska shows that she cannot do nonverbal acting well at all any more. Overall this was a steaming turd of an episode. Bad pretty much from start to finish. A bad idea executed poorly. And while I like being right, the writers really didn't need to prove that last week's episode was merely mediocre and that they were capable of producing a special and unique kind of bad and that the Benson worship dial went to 11.
  5. Compare and contrast the Book, Movie and TV adaptations.
  6. Helen Grace and her children move to their ancestral home, Spiderwick. Jared Grace, 15, discovers a boggart and realizes that magical creatures are real. Premiere Date: April 19, 2024 Roku
  7. Jared sets traps for the creature in his house, while Helen leads the search for Aunt Lucinda. When Aunt Lucinda goes missing, Helen leads the search, leaving Mallory in charge of her brothers at Spiderwick. Jared is obsessed with finding the magical creature he saw in the attic, enlisting everyone’s help to set a trap. Premiere Date: April 19, 2024 Roku
  8. Jared grows paranoid of the evil force conspiring to get Spiderwick’s Field Guide. Taking Lucinda’s warning to heart, Jared wants to find the pages with Simon alone, but Emiko, Hatcher and Calliope can’t help joining the adventure. Premiere Date: April 19, 2024 Roku
  9. A divide between the twins widens as they split up with Emiko and Hatcher to find more pages. Calliope tries to connect with Simon. Bree tries a different approach to fencing, forcing Mallory to get out of her head and throw a party. Premiere Date: April 19, 2024 Roku
  10. Simon runs away to New York to seek his father’s guidance, bringing Calliope for moral support. Simon goes to his father for help while Calliope takes Simon to a friend who turns out to not be so friendly. Helen finds unexpected support from Dr. Brauer when they discover their children are missing. Jared has to find the dragon page before Mulgarath. Premiere Date: April 19, 2024 Roku
  11. Mallory and Jared team up to find the Vorpal Sword, the only weapon that can stop Mulgarath. The vorpal sword is the one thing that can kill an ogre, but Mallory will have to trust Jared to acquire it. They risk it all by following a hag to the Goblin Market. Thimbletack’s left to defend Spiderwick. Premiere Date: April 19, 2024 Roku
  12. baldryanr

The WNBA

Well, let's see if the players union has the juice to get a better deal in 2025 when they're expected to opt out of the current collective bargaining agreement. NBA players get 50% of the revenue while WNBA get 10%. Regardless, they'd still have vastly smaller salaries than their NBA counterparts and people looking to score cheap points would still get all worked up about the pay disparity. If the owners do what they'll probably want to do (i.e. cheap out), will the players be willing to hold the line and dare them to have a lockout?
  13. Held captive at Meskwaki, Jared holds his own against the ogre as Mulgarath pressures him for the dragon page. Mulgarath shares his origin story with Jared, trying to show that they’re more alike than he thinks. Premiere Date: April 19, 2024 Roku
  14. The gang launches a daring plan to rescue Jared; the Grace family must reunite to defeat Mulgarath. Mulgarath’s plans are coming to fruition as townsfolk either succumb to the sleeping sickness or become the ogre’s servants. The gang launches a daring prison raid to rescue Jared. The Grace family must reunite to defeat Mulgarath. Premiere Date: April 19, 2024 Roku
  15. My question is, why does Emily’s sexual past matter so much to Brennan? She liked one night stands as a single woman. She is married now (or she was). Presumably she was going to stop with the one night stands as a married woman, unless Brennan was concerned that she would be unfaithful to him. My guess is that he never told the experts that he didn’t tell the experts that he didn’t want a woman who “slept around” (I note again that we don’t have any idea whether Emily had 1 or 100 casual sexual encounters) because he didn’t think he had to. I think in his view, he would think the experts should know that a guy like him wouldn’t want a “slut that sleeps around” and I think he was offended that he was matched with someone like that. I think he was shocked that Emily didn’t think she should be ashamed or embarrassed by her sexual past and really couldn’t understand why she didn’t want his “protection” around this issue. i would have loved air someone to press Brennan on this issue and actually allow him to answer the question without interruption. I would bet that Brennan can’t articulate how much premarital sex is “too much” for someone to have for him to be attractive to him. I would also bet that he doesn’t know how many casual sexual encounters Emily has had (and since I’m in a betting mood, I’ll further wager that it’s not as many as we were led to believe). I think by the end of the wedding, Brennan had tagged Emily as a “slut” and written her off as a mate without really exploring what that meant to him and to her. That was a lost opportunity - not for the marriage (which was never going to work) but for more interesting television than we got.
  16. Hide and seek providing insight into how someone plays- was Q the same one who figured Moriah was a threat because she said Audrey was her favorite player? I suppose at least no one is basing their alliances on zodiac signs. Credit for the Soda vote, well, Venus did talk to people about it, even if others got convinced by someone else, they still voted the way she wanted. And if no one else is taking credit... although I'm sure if she makes final tribal, Tevin will stand up, "Um, actually." Not that it matters too much, someone's getting voted out each tribal. I do still like Venus. I feel like with Gabler, everything his tribe loved about him was hidden from us. Similarly, I think a lot of what Venus has done that has everyone hating her hasn't been shown. I liked her walking in on the voting discussion; if the cool kids are going to sit on the beach while pointing and whispering, I don't think the outcasts should have to just sit and watch. And I do like that's she's trying to play her game and make moves. You've got some like Ben and Hunter, and I'm not sure they have much game plan (besides win every immunity for Hunter). It's too bad that she's pretty bad at it. Shame that the one friend she made got medievac'd out. In the live thread, someone said Q's confessionals have the caps lock on, and yeah, feeling that. The attitude, the controlling, the everything, it really bugs me. I would have been good with a "you want out? Sure, we can skip the vote." I find it interesting that Maria seems more dedicated to the six person alliance than Tim ever was. And if Tim was a fair target last time, I'm not sure why it was a crime to put out Maria's name (well, except for it not being Q's idea). Taking out Tim weakened the alliance, and targeting Maria or Tiff would hurt it more. I'm not sure what was up with Q's "vote me out." I saw in an interview Jeff say that Q wasn't really trying to quit, which I agree with, and that Q is an enigma, and I don't think he's that deep. I was wondering if that was a plan for a big move, everyone votes for Q, Hunter plays his idol on Q so only Q's vote counts. But I don't think Q knows that Hunter has an idol. I think my favorite part that I've haven't seen mentioned, after Tiff learns that Q's been talking about her idol, "Kenzie, get over here!" Our good friend Q out blabbing Yamu secrets.
  17. In the Chili’s advertisement/commercial, at the end, Scheana says “expresso,” instead of “espresso.” (At first, I thought the not-famous guy, who just likes Chili’s, was the California Cryobank guy.) A wonder what happened. In August 2023, Sandoval’s change of heart did not lead to a sale of the house. https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/ariana-madix-sues-tom-sandoval-asks-judge-to-order-house-sale/#:~:text=Madix argued in the docs,circumstances present in this action.”&text=Madix signed the request on,court on Thursday%2C January 4.
  18. In the Chili’s advertisement/commercial, at the end, Scheana says “expresso,” instead of “espresso.” (At first, I thought the not-famous guy, who just likes Chili’s, was the California Cryobank guy.)
  19. Whatever happened to Sunny was probably so traumatic that another person in the house, anytime the door is opened, or anybody at the door, would trigger her. The husband probably had to move out for both of their sanity. I am not sure how Sunny is able to get through so many deliveries of food and groceries.
  20. Today
  21. "Time bump." I do kind of love it whenever Trek (or any sci-fi show) just combines the word time with some other random word in order to explain a new situation involving some form of time-travel. In this case, it's thanks to a bug planted by Moll that Discovery keeps randomly flipping to new timelines every few minutes. Effective enough, but luckily for Discovery, not only is Stamets self-aware about it due to his history, but Michael and Rayner just happen to be attempting to teleport when it happens, so they are able to keep their memories as well. If not for that, it might have gone on for days or maybe even weeks! Atypical timey-wimey silliness aside, I did enjoy revisiting some of the previous looks (and situations) again, and I thought they actually did a solid job at not going too broad with the differences, but still seeing how these characters changed. In particular, Younger Michael and Current Michael are clearly the same woman in so many ways, but you can see how much more of a hothead and emotional Younger Michael was compared to Current Michael. Loved how Stamets initially kept claiming that a "spore breach" was happening to clear out engineering, but for the oldest timeline, he just simply bemoaned "I'm very angry right now! Leave!" and everyone bailed. Yeah, Stamets might always be a crank, but he really has mellowed out compared to the early seasons. Speaking of cranks, not surprised this ended with Rayner coming around to realizing that personal connections can be good things amongst the crew and seems to making an effort now. At least they did acknowledge this his stern old-school approach might still have some merit in certain situations. Cool to see Airiam again and the Lorca reference, even if we couldn't see him. That would have been cool. Or maybe a Georgiou sighting. Hell, I would have liked to have seen Pike. I wonder if we'll ever a holo/android version of Zora before the end, just to get Annabelle Wallis on screen one time.
  22. Many many years ago (late 1980s) on a trip to San Francisco, I had an Orange Julius that tasted like a liquid orange creamsicle. At that time, it seemed like a healthy drink since it was made with freshly squeezed orange juice. Google research says the Orange Julius franchise was purchased by Dairy Queen but comments say the Dairy Queen drink isn't the same as the original. There are Orange Julius recipes online if you are inclined to try it. Hope this helps.
  23. And mixed up, the way she switched back and forth between accents depending on who she was with. I wish she could have seen with her own eyes that Adisa was planning to kill her. Funny to see Kevin Kilner (Dax) after all these years. I think the last time I saw him he played the big-nosed father of Roz's boyfriend in Frasier, and before that he starred in the first season of Earth Final Conflict. That seems like a lifetime ago. Nice upbeat ending.
  24. I wonder if taking things off wasn't in the rules this time? It wouldn't surprise me if they had it in the rules that once you checkout, no changes, for the drama to ramp up.
  25. I hope Lala’s caterers had more mac’ ‘n’ cheese on stand-by. Pink and grey balloons…? Was that a specific, literal interpretation of the event?
  26. They released Good Will Hunting in 1997.
  27. From Reddit: Of course take it with a grain of salt but L&L did an interview with HGTV and mentioned they were allowed to get materials at cost or have things donated. Lyndsay said their goal was to double or triple their budget by getting things contributed or sold at cost. And she also claimed the wine cellar was worth $70,000 but they got it wholesale for $15,000
  1. Load more activity