Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Trini

S01.E09: Aurora

Despite Colter not being in law enforcement, and doing things mostly for the money, they still really want this to be a Cop Show, apparently. Guess this was the 'halloween' episode. Not my thing, but it was cool to have Colter unfazed by all the 'spookiness'. It was also amusing to recognize some set locations from various Vancouver-based CW shows! Just me, or was that kidnapper's basement huge?
  3. What the hell was all that DraMAH from Brooke to RJ? Way overdone. Waking up in someone else's bed? uh Brooke? After watching the old storylines the past few weeks, I'd like Nick to return or start up with Deacon, or bring back Hunter Tylo, but it seems like they've abandoned any storyline for Brooke so now she's just Mama. They've failed making Steffy into Stephanie. Steffy can line read you're a whore bitch to Hope, but she can't act it the way Stephanie did like to Donna. Ooh that was some good stuff.
  4. I'm not talking about any old man or woman - I'm talking about presenting a character that is essentially the same in every way to the original, the only difference being that it's a woman instead of a man. Same personality, same storyline - would that character have the same resonance? If not then I think we know what the issue is. However, for the sake of argument: Wealthy orphan grows up to fight a lone crusade against crime, while dressed like a bat. Is there anything which necessitates being played by a man? Growing up one of my favorite books was Wonder Man, and back then I thought Bruce Campbell would've been a great Simon. I thought his humor and attitude would've been a good fit for the character. However, I am perfectly happy now that Yaya Abdul Mateen II got the part - because I think he's a quality actor, and I'm interested in seeing what he brings to the character. Same if they had cast (for example) Sonequa Martin-Green or Jodie Comer as "Simone Williams." If the show is good and it feels like they've captured the spirit of the character, I'll be happy. But I'm not going to be disappointed just because they cast someone different from how he appeared back in the comics. Overall though, Disney doesn't need to worry about chasing the diminishing audience of people who read comics decades ago. TBH, if the MCU is going to continue, then their biggest need is to replace the Millennials and Gen Z that have now aged out of the original film fandom. They need to find a way to appeal to Gen Alpha - kids who seem to connect with heroes like Miles and Gwen who speak to their experiences. In retrospect, they probably should've leaned harder into Young Avengers - build a new group of characters that they could invest in. But, maybe this version of the F4 and Surfer Shanna can be that group for today's kids the way that the comics version were in the 60's.
  5. Quick-quick-quick read this post....deletion soon to follow !! It's hard to comment among friends here because your posts may disappear before reading. Kyle and all his friends and relatives have had unkind remarks about their fashion choices and hairstyles and choices of mates... Let's not be techy about comments on certain characters who may be of minority groups. It's NOT just Mamie's odd hairstyle that is at issue...it's her character. And as a member of another ethnic group, I admit that I LOVE the Afro hair of Shemar Moore's wife on SWAT. Mamie's "do" is another whole animal. Middle Daughter and I have been attending a majority Black church for decades and I've never seen a "do" like Mamie's. And nobody has had a negative comment on my white blonde ringlets. It's the personality, not the person. So, let's get back to commenting on Auntie Mamie's obsession with taking over CW >> Eh ??
  6. I've seen that one and it is so obnoxious. Horsewoman has such a loud voice and the way she talks with her mouth nearly looking like she's having a stroke (all lopsided and crooked) is so annoying!
  7. Fun fact: I once had a cat who absolutely loved water. He would jump up on the bathroom sink and purr in gratitude as I poured water over his little head. Such a weirdo. I miss him. However, it is true that most cats don't like water. Plus they're pretty good about keeping themselves clean, so the cat washing station was about as odd as the alligator pits. I have to say that while I do enjoy this show, between the laughs there are some moments of absolute horror. It's like witnessing a perfect storm of bad architectural choices, ultra tacky interior design, and a complete disregard for safety. But at the same time you know that the previous owners were probably having the time of their lives as they manifested their "vision" - for lack of a better word.
  8. I wish Todd had used the pov, then SV would of gone up. Bayleigh wouldn't of thought about saving her the trouble of being a renom if she knew what she was really like. Bayleigh overreacted about Tolas speech, and she complains to Anthony of all people.
  9. If that had happened - they would've said that. The easiest to find via DNA are those of white European descent (around ~80% of those in America have a third cousin or closer who have taken a DNA test). The numbers on those sites tend to be rather out of date.
  10. I honestly think that the days of comic book fans getting to see their favorite characters depicted as they were in the source material are over. Or at least on their way out. The movies have evolved past that in the last twenty years, and are now more interested in reimagining and recreating the source stories and characters instead. Yeah, it sucks for those fans who may not have gotten the chance to see their favorite characters adapted onscreen before now, but it looks like this is just the direction things are going.
  11. Trini

S04.E06: DOA

Fashion highlights: Robyn's patterned bomber jacket; and Mel's whole outfit. I've said before that I don't really buy Mel and Harry as a couple, but they were cute this episode. And I wasn't thinking that they might be foreshadowing something with Mel, but I can see that, now that you mention it. :( I suppose the B-plot with Dee probably would have ended badly in any case, but I don't like how it kinda put Vi in a bad light. Years of procedurals made me suspicious of The Wife from the start, but her also being a secret Chinese spy was just too much; and I was not impressed by her supposed heroic sacrifice at the end. (And yeah, only one dose of the antidote was silly.) Literally no one cares about Robyn's ex. They have go to be kidding me - teasing a triangle when Robyn and Dante have yet to even go on the most casual of first date! (4 seasons in!!) I do not want to accept that this relationship will just be a perpetual tease! I swear, if I don't get some payoff....
  12. Airdate: Wednesday, April 24, 2024 Synopsis:
  13. And Carlin didn't finish her music degree. She graduated with something like interdisciplinary studies.
  14. What a pretty girl. I hope the babies are okay. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet pup. Bless you for taking her in.
  15. In reading too much into this show, these past episodes really show Wolf as immature. He's 30? The sandwich is totally something a teen boy would eat. And the owner of the shop said so when Wolf worked there. You'd think he'd just stop at some point. I'm not complaining; they've been consistent that Wolf had issues. Recently, they've let Beef hook up and have a gf. They did some growth with Wolf and the mother in law. I think they can keep moving that way.
  16. Heistheway is probably the worst because they made it up. It's a girl, FTR.
  17. Yes, but I looked it up at the time, and this season was shot before that aired.
  18. Jill was busted both times in Holmes County (where Tim lives). The barndo and church are in Wayne County.
  19. 6 Badass Librarians Who Changed History -- click on each heading to get more of the story.
  20. Yes, I forgot that one. There was also (bringing it around to Carlin again) the whole thing about Carlin and college. She was attending Crown College to study music. After Tori moved out, Carlin was led by the Lord (cough, cough) to study at Liberty University online so that she could work with the children on homeschooling, etc. At least Liberty is accredited, but I find it disturbing that the trend is for the children to sacrifice for Kelly Jo's (and Gil's) decisions.
  21. Yep. I was hoping the same. When she showed up to sit next to Blackthorne, that hit really hard for some reason. All I could think was what a welcome sight she would be in that awfulness. I really liked Lady Fuji.
  22. Today
  23. Wait the guy with the Lego head hair toupee is judging someone else’s hair? Lmao pls. Schwartz hair is lame but still better than Zach’s hair. Here comes crazy Kristen. She’s so weird getting all offended about Jesse. Kristen knows what she’s doing with the gossip shit lol. She’s played this game many times. If you are protecting someone you don’t keep bringing up how you are protecting them in an ominous or threatening way lol. I don’t like Michelle tho. I am kind of not minding Jesse. Luke is a joke. Him and Kristen are trying to paint Jesse as some woman beating psycho which I don’t even buy. I’m sure he’s nothing special but this all seems a bit much. Kristen and Luke’s relationship is a joke to me. I doubt it’ll last. Her typical bang and drama until they get in nonstop fights lol.
  24. Just rewatched a little moment that I’ve always cherished…Harry reading Trey’s telegram out loud to Charlotte, Bunny, and her lawyer: ”…‘Seriously, Mother: Stop!’ “ Loving Trey’s words AND Harry’s expression there at the end 🤣
  25. I cooked macaroni with a corned beef sauce for lunch and divided it in two. Mo didn't want to eat his for some reason. But about an hour before dinner, I saw him finish off his lunch. For dinner I had PB&J on Eclipse biscuits until the J ran out, then finished the biscuits with little slivers of NZ cheddar and a few drops of pepper sauce. I took the last three eggs in the house and beat them with a little milk before pouring them into the pan. I didn't pour all at once. Just a thin skin in a large pan. When that firmed up I poured some more. Kept going like that until all the egg was gone. It produced a much larger pile of scrambled eggs than I expected and Mo ate it up with pleasure. Listening to Jarvis Cocker from Pulp. The track is Common People which is a great track and justifiably acclaimed in many circles. Based on a real experience from Cocker's life. I also have the same track by William Shatner & Joe Jackson and produced by Ben Folds. Captain Kirk may not strike you as a musician to expect much from but the Shatner/Jackson cover is also excellent and I always enjoy it when it comes around. My text has turned red again. But will the colour persist after posting? Watched another comic-book movie. Thought I'd give the genre another chance in case I'd been wrongly describing it as crap. I wasn't - it's still crap. I had a hard time sticking with it until the end of the show and that is despite the presence of Emily VanCamp in the cast. Emily VanCamp. I must now drink iced water..... Have not seen Mo since dinner. Well, except for Garden Patrol. He's probably outside enjoying some coolth. Last night, the breeze in the window stayed cool and blustery until morning and I slept pretty comfortably. Tonight there is a slightly less blustery, slightly less cool breeze but unless it fades it should make for a comfortable night. It's late - just gone midnight. I've not had a shower yet and honestly I don't really want to go and have one. But I'm feeling dirty, despite having done SFA all day long, so I think I will be forced to go and have at least a sluice-off. I've lost the kitchen salt shaker. I keep a regular sized salt shaker to sprinkle salt on my dinner plate. But I keep a much larger one (2½" diameter by 8" tall maybe?) in the kitchen. It's for salting a pot of water for boiling pasta or potatoes. So it holds more and it dispenses more. But it's now gone missing. My kitchen spatula vanished without trace weeks ago and never showed up again. I hope the kitchen salt shaker doesn't go the same way. Now, I know I have not thrown it out. There are only so many places I might put it. It's hard to figure out what he might do, but I can't see Mo reaching up to the counter to steal it. Yet it's definitely gone walkabout. Now tomorrow I will pull the stove & fridge out from the wall and look behind them, look in every drawer and cupboard systematically and check the freezer and fridge just in case. But I'm not feeling hopeful. Anyway, I think I will go and pat Mozie on the head (wherever he is to be found), have my shower, and return to bed to read a bit more of my book. So I'd best post this now. Looking forward to TAR tomorrow. Can't say I think it's been a great season so far, but I can forgive much, especially if I make allowances for the state of the world at the time this series was recorded. Right! 🎶 Off to see The Wizard...
  26. I think she probably did it on purpose (not paying some bills) to show him!
  1. Load more activity