Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. YES .. to stop working, go out and have fun everyday, have plenty of sex, eat out at fancy restaurants, take trips, and the list goes on. He’s a dreamer, and Teresa is practical.
  3. I've heard of Raisin Sauce. My gran made it every Easter with ham. Yup, I'm from Wisconsin. 😛
  4. From what I can gather, Gerry didn't want Theresa to work...because her work tied her to NJ, spoiling whatever plans he had in his head to get her to move.
  5. Well,look at all of Emily’s friends. All rude rejects. She coms on tv half in the bag already, ready to fight. Then she puts the waterworks on. Them all in pink is childish,and Clareapist is the ringleader. These guys didn’t have a chance. What a waste of my time.
  6. And when she doesnt want to do something quickly, she doesnt.
  7. I think the union pension comes from drywalling
  8. I enjoyed this one but it should have been a two-parter because the resolution seemed a bit rushed after all the time they spent on the setup. That said, I am tired of the trope of the world being a better place without religion (Christianity).
  9. I also prefer the episodes that have more football in them, and it was nice that this episode wasn't quite so spread around with the storylines as it usually is. It's true that it was preposterous for Spencer to switch to defense in the middle of practice. Even if they are still short on scholarships, he would be the last person they would risk. They are probably planning on a position switch for Spencer in the future. I believe the real Spencer was a defensive player, so they could be going for more "realism," ha ha. (I always laugh now when "Based on a true story" appears on the screen at the beginning.) It was obvious that Eric would end up as his potential agent before he even spoke in his first scene, as he just had a very earnest look on his face. Olivia is lucky that Grace is very classy and didn't get angry at her comment (that part of the scene was not very believable even with Olivia's tendency to get in trouble). Of course, being Spencer's girlfriend and the daughter of the woman who was cheated on probably helped in that case. At least it did lead to some reflection for Grace about Billy. When Asher was looking for a quarterback, I kept expecting Chris or Darnell but wondering why they would be controversial. I totally forgot about Wade (and still didn't remember his name until Spencer said it in the previews). And though I remembered some stuff (the swatting, him getting punched by Jordan after negative posts about Olivia, Jordan not getting to go to Vegas because he played well after Wade was suspended for skipping practice; and of course directing Olivia toward the bounty scandal), I couldn't remember why Olivia was after him in the first place. I'm still not sure of specifics after googling this. I know Olivia prattled on about NIL for the entire season, so I probably zoned out. At least Billy's legacy is a more interesting topic. It looks like Coach Montes likely won't be seen again (though there hasn't been a dedication card at the end), but will still be alive offscreen with everyone wanting to do well to honor the character and actor. Asher's heart condition suddenly comes up again and the doctor is concerned about stress, which suddenly comes with the team. Between this and Jaymee's lupus, I hope there won't be a future storyline where AJ (Asher Jr?) loses both parents and has to be raised by Jordan and Layla as godparents or something. Ryan's well-meaning advice about adjusting medication, which he clearly means with the help of a doctor, will probably somehow lead to Layla deciding to just take less or none at all on her own. I hope not, because she should be smarter than that. Whatever happens, I hope she will tell Jordan to shut up about the stupid wedding. Maybe Mac (his new surrogate father?) will get him to do so. But Mac thinks that no QB can be successful when married in college (they were waiting until after anyway), but my alma mater did very well for two years with an older QB who has been married for a while. Just not against Washington.
  10. The "advance" filming gets out of whack every year. There will be multiple dark weeks throughout the summer that will shorten that. Jason47 has tracked this for years. http://www.jason47.com/days/productionschedule.html A quick glance shows 10-20 dark weeks/year in the past decade. Tracking by year is somewhat awkward, since the show transitioned to Seasons that begin in mid-September (which doesnt make much sense now that the show airs on Peacock). This aggressive taping is what allegedly kept DOOL alive on NBC. There is significant cost savings by having more dark weeks and filming so many episodes each week. Presumably that is still true for Peacock.
  11. I liked the intense firefight, though it was painful to watch all those innocent donuts get it. The team looked like superheroes running through the streets of Manhattan. Not so painful to watch Nina. Whatever happened to Gemma? They made a big fuss about her early on, now that thread just vanishes ... or is it one of those laying-the-groundwork-for-the-season-finale deals where OA will have to choose between his heart and duty? Her nose looked odd in a couple scenes.
  12. I just don’t know. Maybe I was just embarrassed to say no? That was then when I was young and dumb. Now, I wouldn’t give a crap to just say NO.
  13. Just watched the first episode. So far, I think Olivia (I forget his real name) is endearing but I have no idea how she became the #1 influencer. Maybe everyone ranked each other at such extremes that her overall middle-ish rankings pushed her above everyone else? Not sure what to think of the AI bot yet. Does this mean that there won't be any physical challenges (like decorating a cake and posting a photo)? I liked those silly little challenges and would be bummed if they didn't have them because the AI bot couldn't physically compete. Maybe they'll have a twist at some point where they'll alert the players to the AI bot's presence and remove it relatively early in the game?
  14. Ha, so I went crazy today looking for my new Thyroid pills I just picked up at CVS. I looked hi and low in the car, in my bag, all over the house, etc. Then,for the tenth time, I looked in my purse again like a maniac,and found them in my zipper compartment, which I hardly use. I was sweating bullits. Welcome to old age. Sucks. Now, I have to always make a mental note to myself where I put things, and not be in such a hurry with everything. It’s exhausting.
  15. Today
  16. Drunk Nikki's hair is the best it's been in YEARS! If that's what drinking does to her, she might want to reconsider sobriety. She looked great today sitting with Jagabbit.
  17. We will agree to disagree since I call it cooperation and collaboration for an alliance. Like the NFL player in that alliance said. You play for the team and everybody has their strengths and duties to do.
  18. Thursday's episode will be Season 21, Episode 25, that was originally aired October 6, 2017. Discussion Link: "Taking Out an Opponent" Case titles: 1) Taking Him Out; 2) An Embroidery Error; 3) Not Fixing Things Right. Google's case summaries: "Mike decides to sue his opponent in a soccer match, for a malicious physical assault. Then, James takes Joseph to court for ruining his shirts when adding monograms to them."
  19. Venus is an interesting one because I think she has a decent amount of supporters and sympathizers who think she's been unfairly edited and that everyone is out to get her for no real reason. But it seems like she's also starting to turn people off with the 'woe is me' tweets. And then there were those who already felt she's a legend in her own mind. Personally, I like her, but I think she does need to learn to better social cues. If she goes mid-jury, I'm wondering what exactly that means. 9 people are left, so 6 more will be going before the final 3. And I don't think she makes the final 5 (the alleged 5 of Ben/Charlie/Maria/Kenzie/Liz are making more and more sense every week). So she'd have to be one of the next 4 to go.
  20. "The Kish with Dish?" Ha. I really enjoyed the QF in this week's episode of TC, so I like that this show chose that challenge rather than the EC to be inspired by. Always nice to see Gregory, and especially to hear him and Kristen agreeing how limited the list of "Mother Sauces" is, not to mention getting another Haitian's take on Charly's winning Creole sauce (which reminds me I liked Charly adding Haitian to New Orleans in Kristen's comment upon his familiarity with the sauce) for that take on the challenge. I like the combination of green things he talked about as typical of Caribbean seasoning as Gregory made his epis, even though that wound up being a brief addition to, I think, just one of the sauces. And I love him saying he has one more try at TC in him, having been a finalist twice before -- "I'll be 60, but it'll be great". The bread and pickle ice cream segment made me laugh. "It's not gross." And then "It's not good" about combining it with one of the sauces was even funnier. Interesting tidbit that Gregory was most scared of Tom, while Kristen was most scared of Gail.
  21. Wow! I just can't believe all the cheating that went on on TAR! I call it cheating because Amber basically worked the puzzle for Angie and Leticia. TAR needs to look into this and how it really takes away alot from the competition. It's a race for a million dollars for crying out loud!! I hope that cheating alliance each gets eliminated starting with the mother and son. The couple that went home got on my nerves a bit, so I'm glad they went home. I'm pulling for the firefighters! I call it cheating! For a team to basically do the puzzle for another team is pure cheating!
  22. Idk, me? I'm grateful the show spared us from the sight of a shirtless MD. A long-sleeved shirt would be even more preferable on Danny if we have to suffer thru any more Bug/Danny love scenes, where they're holding each others' faces. It's pretty nauseous-making so hopefully those scenes will cease -- please, show?
  23. After seeing this episode, Hiromatsu's death seems even more pointless. The only one buying Toranaga's ruse were his own men and Father Alvito. Even if Ishido briefly bought it, Toranaga's emissary Mariko may as well have said "It's on bro!" to Ishido when she was in Osaka. Toranaga already got a 49 day timeout thanks to Nagakado's slip and fall. He didn't get an extension for Hiromatsu's death. Pretending to give up only made his men muttinous, which led to the Hiromatsu debacle. But if Toranaga didn't pretend, or stopped pretending after he had the 49 days, his men wouldn't be multinous and there's no need to off Hiromatsu. Toranaga could just as easily used the 49 day timeout, not pretend to give up, send Mariko on her mission near the end of the 49 day period, and still have his righthand man. A righthand man he'll need very much in any upcoming battle.
  24. Actually it always has been. The very first alliance was in Season 1, Episode 2 of TAR. Rob & Brennen, Frank & Margarita and The Guidos formed one early on in that episode. The Guidos soon dropped out thinking themselves far better Racers than the other two but R&B and F&M remained aligned for several more legs. And by Paris the large alliance called The Underdogs were formed by the trailing teams. And then Kevin & Drew formed a very strong alliance with Nancy & Emily that lasted until the latter were eliminated late in the Race. Season 1 was all about alliances. Season 2 featured The Boston Boys and Tara & Wil allied closely throughout the entire Race until the last leg. Season 3 had the five younger teams allied en masse against The Wonder Twins with the Opposite Brothers (Ken & Gerard) kind of shunned too. So those two teams came up with The Band of Brothers - one of the most iconic and effective alliances in TAR history. (Firecop hopped aboard with them for awhile too until that team got eliminated). So yeah, The Amazing Race has always been about alliances. Alliances for strategic reasons and friendship reasons all mixed together with various rules governing how they each worked as in when they stayed together and when they broke away from each other at any one time. And I love it.
  25. Did Jackie really say to Drinki he's proud of her? Really? For what, Jackie? For Drinki (assumably) driving around drunk, and coming to his house sauced when they're in a crisis. He ain't helping her, that's for sure. Eh, they really don't know how to write the alcoholic storyline, do they? She should be in rehab -- and that's it. At this point it's too laughably stupid. So do the show's hair peeps hate Michelle Stafford as much as we hate Phyllis? Too often, she's got those overly flat-ironed straight strings (like she had today), which is just so unflattering & harsh on her. But wow, the hair peeps left her with huge gray roots, which stood out like a skunk stripe against the neon pumpkin rest of it. Mmmm, OK, Michelle, if that's the look you wanna put forward, good luck, hun. Hey, if Tracey is OK with the tacky hooker look for Lauren she's going with . . . Cole still looks like a crackhead to me. New nickname for Cole . . . Crackie? ED looked really annoyed today that she had to play Boring Ashley. Thought balloon over ED today -- Ah, for shit's sake, I wanna play Evil/Slutty Ashley cuz that'll get me my Emmy nom -- fuck those writers for making me play this boring crap! Er, was Pomp all that upset? He still had time to mousse & gel up his 'do!
  26. Did you go over the mileage? I did years ago and then bought the car. I’m wary of a lease for that reason, but they have some great deals on leases right now, for all kinds of vehicles.
  27. YES to all of your post, DisneyBoy. I don't find him funny or sympathetic or much of anything other than embarrassingly awful. I don't know who created the character and decided to write him this way, but he seems like a caricature from the bad old days.
  1. Load more activity