Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Sorry to be dense, but does this mean or at least imply that the captain is setting up Elsbeth to possibly be in violation of taking kickbacks by giving her tickets? (which would make her investigation into the same less credible) Maybe the captain hopes Elsbeth will just fail to do the paperwork and repayment for the tickets as you describe? If so, maybe the Captain is only guilty of failing on occasion to complete such paperwork and repayments in a timely fashion. Or, of course, maybe he is "dirty." Casting an actor as the suspected villian who is known to play beloved, upstanding characters would be a bit of genius.
  3. Good episode last night - I did call the shot that one of the victim’s friends would be involved in the murder, that much was obvious, but it was a good investigation and interesting case. About Forrester leaving, I’m not really surprised given that he missed a couple of episodes last year and was barely in a couple of episodes at the start of this year - he grew on me since the start of the show and had become a good lead, I hope the new lead of the show is good - this is my least favorite of the FBIs although it’s been good this year, so I hope the new character is compelling.
  4. A female Centaur makes no sense any way you look at it. Dove has had "+MenCare" for quite a few years - My SIL turned me on to the soap. (The green one, not the orange) It's got such a lovely scent. I now use their (pit) deodorant, too. I wouldn't doubt they'll soon have a full-body version.
  5. Maybe they will wed in Arizona where their parents live.
  6. Saw on the after show that James found a nice couple to care for Hippie so he did go to the wedding but it was a bit of a struggle for him.
  7. Yesterday wasn’t a real plot-driven episode, but it was certainly nice to see such a large number of the cast interacting within a single episode. Add the handful of extras and this is probably more people than we’ve even seen at recent Nurses’ Balls. It did look like the performers were really enjoying themselves, which is always nice to watch. Agree with someone above that I’d liked to have seen Stella at the Savoy (“Tracy invited me!”). I haven’t laughed out loud at intentional GH humor in a while but Lois’ (paraphrasing) “oh god, tell me that’s not our stripper?!?!” did the trick. Forgive what may be ignorance, but does Laura know that the person Dex was going to off was Cyrus? When Joss and Kristina had their bitch-off, I flashed back to the Laura/Anna scene and I think Anna remained vague on the victim. Looks like we have a new restaurant set with the surf club?
  8. Thank you for saying that more eloquently than I did 😅 Peter is 100% within his rights to not work for a low wage. But! There's been a game of sorts going on between him and the producers since he first left the show over a decade ago. Bo and Hope have been left in story limbo repeatedly and its exhausting. He got a hugely overdone exit for the 50th with all the bells and whistles and seemingly wanted to be killed off. Why go back on that? Why agree to resurrect Bo and continue to hold out for more money and put Bope in limbo again? Maybe I don't know enough about the BTS twists and turns here, maybe Peter did do everything he could over the years and was thwarted or something - he obviously doesn't get script approval - but showing up for Doug's funeral was an easy way to wrap the unending drama up and call it a day. Yup. And it seriously makes me dislike the character, which is the opposite of what he's presumably trying to accomplish. KA has plenty of reasons to be bitter - I'm sure most of the vets do - but she's coming back. That says a lot about her.
  9. Aww... that's too bad, cause we need some activity at the figure skating site. It picks up during the Olympics, but then slows way down afterward.
  10. Perfectly fine. He was carrying a gun, after all! Bad citizen, bad! Dick Wolf will show you (and us) the evil of your ways! With her waddling around the entire episode wearing baggy, frumpy clothes I assumed she was preggers again. I did notice that it was lined with Plot Armour. Because nobody who happened to glimpse that would become the least bit suspicious..... OA: "Looks like they are illegally converting AR-15's to fully automatic!" No, OA. That can't be right. Because every nitwit politician has clearly and repeatedly stated that the AR-15 is already fully automatic. And (seeing as you are standing right there) why not remove the bolts, thus making them into paperweights? It only takes a few seconds per rifle.
  11. My first thought was Wells Fargo, then I went with Tiffany, which I thought was very, very wrong. It was a nice surprise. Same here regarding CERN. As someone who worked in tech my entire career (and was working when the first emails started - I'm THAT old), I hang my head in shame.
  12. Rebel Wilson memoir to be published in UK with Sacha Baron Cohen passages redacted I understand there's a legal reason, but I still don't like such censorship. And I'm not even a fan of Rebel Wilson, just ... principle. I hope people who want to read it will buy the uncensored version.
  13. A wild Matt Berry appears! Really fun to see him in the flesh as an old friend of Cooper's from back in the day, its really interesting seeing more of his past. It seems like we're seeing more of how Cooper went from A List actor who's happily married to a much more jaded man doing children's birthday parties and paying alimony. He's losing out his connections in Hollywood due to his connections with Vault-Tech and he and is wife are having issues due to her commitment to them despite how shady they are. She seems to be fully drinking the Vault-Tech Kool-Aid no matter what her husband says, it sucks that she seems to be so annoyed by his totally reasonable questions and concerns. I would be pissed too if someone randomly told me I had to leave my dog in a nuclear wasteland! I knew that Vault 4 would be up to some weird shit, but that was a lot even by this shows standards. Not only are some of the residents mutated, they creepily worship Moldaver by stripping and covering the ashes of dead bodies AND are apparently doing some creepy human testing. Although it seems like that horrifying birthing video is pretty old and that side at least is run down, so did some experiments happen early on and now they are doing something different? I guess sex education isn't really a part of the Brotherhoods curriculum. I don't blame Maximus for being so taken in by Vault 4, if I met someone who gave a a hot shower for the first time ever, I would probably pledge my loyalty to them too. Moldaver is not only the same woman who led the attack on Lucy's wedding, being the shittiest wedding guest ever, but she's also hundreds of years old despite not being a Ghoul! The plot thickens!
  14. Wolf is about 21, since they said Beef recently turned 40 and became a father at 19.
  15. The difference is their poor fashion choices and hairstyles don't get attributed to them because they're White, or because their fashion choices and hairstyles don't read as White. Not overtly, anyway. Kyle et al are generally seen as "normal" people who just happen to make bad choices with their fashion and hair sometimes. Yes, there are two issues, Mamie's hairstyle and Mamie's characterization. I think the problem arises when it's deemed okay to mock certain ethnic and cultural choices associated with her because she arguably has a grating personality. IMO one of those things is not necessarily the cause of the other. And, let's not tell posters like me not to call out what we see as discriminatory based on decades of experience, even if the intent wasn't based in malice. (I'd also caution against using "some of my best friends are Black"-type justifications. It's not a guaranteed pass.)
  16. This reminds me I once either got a warning or banned there for saying “I seem to be in the minority”.
  17. I suppose Maggie has to angst over something at all times .. .. yet there are hundreds (thousands?) of job positions in the FBI that don't require the chance of being shot at. Look around, there is an entire cubicle farm of FBI agents who surf the internet all day for surveillance footage, financial information and Facebook status of suspects. Is she only qualified for foot chases and poor undercover work? It would have been nice of him to tell her the reason he was packing a gun during their coffee date. I was thinking, cop? drug dealer? terrorist? NRA enthusiast?
  18. @Charlie Baker did you go to Eddie’s web site where he recounts an appearance by Larry Tierny at a repertory showing of the film? He mentioned it in the comments. Check it out if you dare. He gave trigger warnings.
  19. Just when you thought it was safe to keep watching Masterchef AU...IT'S BAAAAAACK! I knew it was too good to last! The only saving grace was that aside from nearly setting the kitchen on fire, Alex didn't cook her prawns properly so maybe that will put some of the others off. Mind you, I don't even blame her for using it because, let's face it, that bloody grill pretty much won the competition for Brent Draper (and Coles) last season. And we saw the reappearance of another old MC AU cliche tonight - the magical nonna is back! I wonder how often Jonathan is going to play that card? (Although, if you're going to talk about your nonna, it tends to be confusing if your last name is Hooper and the "nonna" in question is called Sandra!) Because I'm nearly as old as he is, I naturally would love to see Steve do OK this year. We've had a large variety of winners over the years but regrettably the old chook/old dude box hasn't been ticked yet. Julie is still the oldest ever winner of the show in S1 and even then she was "only" 38! I'm still really shocked how few of these contestants this year seem interested in making desserts. I wonder why there's so many cooks who favour making savoury dishes this year?
  20. The Sopranos: The Complete Visual History Ray Richmond ISBN: 9798886636383 Celebrate the 25th anniversary of The Sopranos with this definitive and intimate portrait of one of the most groundbreaking television shows ever made. The Sopranos is widely regarded as one of the greatest television shows of all time. Now, in honor of its 25th anniversary, this expansive volume explores the seminal series and the stories behind the stories through a plethora of photographs, archival materials, and exclusive one-on-one interviews with show creator, David Chase, key crewmembers, and cast, including Edie Falco, Lorraine Bracco, Steven Schirripa, and many more. Follow along as The Sopranos: The Complete Visual History takes you on a rich photographic journey through the trials and tribulations of T.V.’s most celebrated antihero, Tony Soprano, while he attempts to balance the responsibilities of domestic life and life in the “family”—all while suffering through panic attacks, a toxic mother, and a power-hungry uncle who would rather see him dead than Boss. Featuring an examination of the show’s influence on pop culture, a foreword by Rolling Stone’s chief television critic, Alan Sepinwall, and a touching tribute to the late James Gandolfini, The Sopranos: The Complete Visual History, is the ultimate companion to a television classic and required reading for serious fans of the show.
  21. This dude Dylan is just crazy to watch work, man. I promise you every woman who ever fell for his looks regretted fucking him within a couple of days. He's absolutely insufferable and lost. Is it possible he's in a Resident Alien situation? It's inexplicable how off putting he is.
  22. I thought it meant we couldn't discuss things that happened on the board.
  23. No one believes they moved for their own space. They moved out of spite because the farm negotiations didn't go their way. Remember when they went to the farm shortly after they bought the home in Battle Ground? They sent Jackson over to tell Matt and Caryn that they were moving. When they didn't get the response that they expected you know Matt begging them to not move Tori walked off in a huff and said That's why we are moving.
  24. I once said "and I will let posters decide for themselves" about something and got a warning. Some of their rules were just ridiculous.
  1. Load more activity