Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yes, Cal is IN! Go Bears!
  3. So Ariana is justifiably boasting that Tom should have agreed that they both needed to sell the house back in March 2023. Ariana would have been out of the house a long time ago. But it does seem that she and her lawyer took their sweet time sending a counteroffer, no? I have no idea what interest rates were back in March, compared to August.
  4. I pegged Fred Armisen and Eugene Mirman immediately but not Mark McKinney, which I should have since peach was essentially his Chicken Lady voice. Another horrifying story. So glad that kid with cerebral palsy got his Medicaid back but what in the ever living fuck? I'm so sick of out of touch politicians believing they get to handpick who's deserving of health care.
  5. CeeBeeGee

Gymnastics

U of Oklahoma got knocked out in the semi-finals today--they had a really bad vault rotation and then almost as bad a beam rotation. I don't think they've lost a meet all season. The final is Saturday--LSU, U of Florida, U of Utah and I think Cal? I think it's LSU's to lose. (Shallow night--Ragan Smith needs to lay off the self-tanner. She was literally orange.)
  6. I was actually trying to figure out who they would submit for last year other than Mo. Donnell is supporting. I guess Cameron but even Braedan could out act him among the nominees. The only person even worthy of this cast in the last several years was Jon Lindstrom for the Ryan return story. In any event, Mo did not have the material in 2023. Good for Cynthia and Finola though neither had material to compare to their previous wins in the category.
  7. Wow. I mean ... OMG. Wow. Fantastic episode. Just so much packed into it that I have so much to say that my commenter is just jammed stuck. Everybody was awesome, every character had a moment, the writers deserve a raise and awards, Rebecca Wisocky knocked it outta the park, but everyone else was a rising tide that lifted that boat so give 'em all Emmys, but make Rebecca's bigger for this ep. This is so my favorite show.
  8. Yep. Either she'll show up or there'll be some flashback to when he married her or something of that sort, as a compare/contrast sort of thing.
  9. Do we think that Ann labeled all of the Ariana boxes, dotting the Is with ❤️s?
  10. What the hell - just made the reservation at Kann! Good luck with Soo's restaurant, @buttersister
  11. Yeah it's inconsistent. We've seen seasons where there are deckhands constantly in the kitchen, washing dishes if nothing else. Or what about BDSY, Colin was in the kitchen almost the whole season one year, not just washing dishes but doing sous-chef work, like prepping some ingredients or something. So it seems like a choice whether to help the chef or not. As someone pointed out, usually on big yachts, there's a crew of several chefs, not one trying to scramble and please every guest. We all know the preference sheets are massaged by the producers. In this charter, these are fast food people and they just put up generalities like "no seafood" and "no vegetables." A chef might find people who aren't interested in trying new things to be stifling. But on this show, they're expected to come up with dishes with florid descriptions and Bon Appetit plating. So Anthony made fancy ceviches for people who just want a Big Mac. If that's not a setup, what is?
  12. Loving this current storyline and loving the addition of Randall. To me, this is the best of the three L&O shows and I'm gonna be super pissed if it's not renewed.
  13. What is Amanda's business? She talked about joining Meet Up groups, meeting other expats. She said she was introverted so forcing herself to meet people helped overcome her shyness. Some Meet Up groups are nothing more than businesses to try to get people to book tours or workshops. But others are people planning get togethers around a common interest. I've done some local hiking groups but never Meet Ups overseas -- never stay long enough to do so. I can understand wanting space to host these events. Otherwise they have to try to take over some restaurant and people may not want to be forced to spend at some place. She chose one that is $1600 or 25% more than her budget. But after the first house she admitted that she set her budget too low. She was inspired by her grandmother to travel. Maybe the grandmother left her money. But I didn't get the sense that she was that well off. She talked about working in LA and leaving because of the high costs of housing there. She could charge some nominal fee to host events, since she may supply food and drinks. Or maybe it could be a potluck situation. But that doesn't seem like a profit-oriented activity. More like she chose to spend more on a bigger place because she wanted to socialize. It may just be easier if she tried to arrange events at restaurants, with everyone spending whatever they wanted to, though the restaurant wouldn't let a group occupy several tables without them spending a good amount of money.
  14. So you are working Jill? I thought that the husband's job. She's the breadwinner of the family. Not Dave. I don't know why I thought she was older then that. Somehow Jill and life with Rodrigues feels longer.
  15. I know that Kann, Gregory Gourdet's Portland restaurant, takes reservations one month out for the next month (so February 1st opens up March reservations). I just checked the website and. amazingly, I can get a spot at The Chef's Counter for Saturday night at 8pm. I may have to treat myself!
  16. I haven't been commenting this season because with both Survivor and TAR airing 90-minute episodes back to back, my TAR viewing is always delayed. (Not that I'm complaining! I love the super-sized episodes.) But I had to drop in tonight and see if everyone was as frustrated with this episode as I was. I won't call it cheating because it's not against the rules, and I can't condemn any player for taking advantage of all opportunities, but this was some unadulterated bullshit. If there are no limits on helping, then it's not a race. It's a group challenge. May as well have everyone sit in a circle and make dreamcatchers out of hoops and string, then give them all ribbons for making the awesomest dreamcatchers ever, because that's about the level of ACTUAL COMPETITION we are getting this season. Derek and Shelisa may have arrived at the mat last, but they did NOT run the worst leg. They just didn't have the benefit of being virtually strapped to someone else's back and carried along. The show could easily set limits on collaboration that would still allow for some helping. I don't mind someone pointing another team in the right direction or hinting at the right approach to a puzzle. But lines were crossed this time, and the show should do something about it. Actively completing a task for another team should earn a penalty. Alternately, completing a leg with no assistance could earn a reward, something like an earlier start time on the next leg. Bottom line, teams of two should not have to compete against teams of six without some sort of handicapping. Not every couple has the opportunity to enlist four other teammates, even if they want to. I can't even get into the frustration of watching people trying to create a map where none of the road lines meet. GAH. Like others have said, this was nothing but a visual puzzle-- and a nine-piece one at that. Such idiocy should not be rewarded with an Express Pass from another team. I usually root against the teams that run an dominant game, constantly leaving others in the dust, because that tends to be boring. But this time, I would be fine with a victory by the ex-Cops or the Dating Twins. At least they're running a RACE. And I hope Sunny and Bizzy can join them in the finals, because they are ALSO RACING.
  17. LVP, you are one of the reasons Sandoval has become so arrogant, and feels he can keep you waiting for thirty minutes.
  18. I really like Amanda but really thing that the tech team for International act like a bunch of egotistical stuck up snobs. Sure Powell was a jerk but really the tech team didn't show him any respect talking in another language. The tech team could learn a thing or two from the FBI mother ship tech team in NYC of Elise, Ian, and Kelly. All three are also very nice people it seems.
  19. Today
  20. Sam needed to know because Hetty might start having flashbacks now that she stopped repressing her memories. I think Alberta instead of Issac should have heard Hetty's story so she knows why she kept the truth hidden for so long. Hetty considers Sam the daughter she never had.
  21. Damn you Star Wars and Palpatine for making me cry. Those poor kids. That poor baby. Damn you Bane I hated you for doing that the first time around. I had hoped he never would again. While I figured the experiment was something like that I assumed they were using adults. I don't know why. Those poor, poor kids.
  22. I would totally adopt The Edge from the band U2 just 'cause of its name :D. But awww, all those cute dogs... And Daniel was a fun guest to help with that as well. He seems like such a lovely person.
  23. Gosh darn it - GH! I'm liking you again. There's a late 80s and early 90s vibe now, especially with the organic cast integration. Had Dante and Finn ever shared a scene before? Even with Dante's many hospitalizations? Even the behavior of un-likable characters is more realistic now. The teasing banter among the Carlys and Dumbledore seemed like a real family dynamic. Such conflict here. Although Carly Sr. is a succubus, LW is a stunningly beautiful woman - who could blame Jagger? And they were clearly feeling each other today. Was so worried we'd get Jasus and She-Beast Part III. Re: Ava - hard to say what her real game is but damn - unlike a few here, those bangs have done wonders for her, dramatically softening her face and flattering the unique contours of her face. As one of the few Lucas Lorenzo Spencer fans on this site, it feels good to me. Will never get over that his character appears to be really, truly dead. In an off-screen totally pointless death that didn't advance any particular narrative. However, IRL, even Luke detractors wouldn't want to see him as a feeble geriatric walking with a cane. Re: Cyrus - JK has been knocking it out of the park recently. Clearly the new showrunners decided to make his conversion totally authentic - and his chat with Laura today was some of the most mature, realistic dialogue this show has seen in ages. There was a moment there when he was discussing the failed radio show where he gave off a real John Malkovich vibe.
  24. I thought one of the dogs today would be named Sirius, especially if it was black.
  25. The talking fruit and vegetables was hilarious. The thirteen month old isn't born yet? What the hell? As for the rest. Yep, denying coverage for people who need it while those who don't can rob Medicaid for millions for years. Different program but same result. I'm so tired of it. But it will never change.
  1. Load more activity