Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Talk

• Start Topic

On 8/28/2018 at 8:47 AM, sempervivum said:

Re. Mike's behavior in the therapy group: how likely is it that his relationship with Anita goes anywhere after his outburst?!

It could go either way.  Anita could realize that Mike was acting to protect the group from a possible scam artist and respond appropriately.  

Mike's relationship with Stacey is also up for grabs.  

Also, I will have to re-watch the scene again, but I didn't get the impression that Mike was bothered by Stacey's sharing about forgetting her husband.  

Edited by PeterPirate
Change "scam artist" to "possible scam artist".
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, Dev F said:

He did realize he'd left the glove. We see him grab it back the first time Neff leaves the room.

Oh no! My dreams are shattered. But thanks for that info.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Anyone else notice the Esmeralda reference (Marie's inexplicable name for Holly in BB)? Between this and the unsliced pizza of last episode, I'm digging the tiny easter eggs.

Skyler was such a bitch for not letting Marie name her baby. :)

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, PeterPirate said:
49 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Re. Mike's behavior in the therapy group: how likely is it that his relationship with Anita goes anywhere after his outburst?!

It could go either way.  Anita could realize that Mike was acting to protect the group from a scam artist and respond appropriately.  

Mike's relationship with Stacey is also up for grabs.  

Also, I will have to re-watch the scene again, but I didn't get the impression that Mike was bothered by Stacey's sharing about forgetting her husband.  

I definitely was left with the impression that Anita looked shocked or affronted by Mike's accusation.

OTOH, Mike didn't seem shocked or affronted by Stacy's admission, but he could realize that she doesn't have the guilt that colors his grief.

• Love 5

Have we bet Anita before? I thought this was a rather odd episode, in that it introduced characters and premises as if they had been previously established, like the grief support group Stacy is going to. I mean, has she ever even mentioned that before? Now all of a sudden it's a regular thing and she got Mike to go with her. I don't know, this was just oddly written IMO. The confrontation between Gus and Mike too . . . I didn't really understand what was going on there. So far as I could tell, Nacho was doing everything Gus asked of him, then he had that weird confrontation in a warehouse or whatever where he basically called Gus out on taking over the territory, and next thing you know Gus is calling Mike out on the carpet. WTF?

8 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Have we bet Anita before? I thought this was a rather odd episode, in that it introduced characters and premises as if they had been previously established, like the grief support group Stacy is going to. I mean, has she ever even mentioned that before? Now all of a sudden it's a regular thing and she got Mike to go with her. I don't know, this was just oddly written IMO. The confrontation between Gus and Mike too . . . I didn't really understand what was going on there. So far as I could tell, Nacho was doing everything Gus asked of him, then he had that weird confrontation in a warehouse or whatever where he basically called Gus out on taking over the territory, and next thing you know Gus is calling Mike out on the carpet. WTF?

Anita was in 2 previous episodes, (306 & 307) and she had some fairly extensive interaction with Mike, that suggested she might be a potential love interest.  Stacey and Mike were in the grief counseling in those episodes.  

Gus felt that Mike had broken the spirit of his deal with Gus not to kill Hector (Gus wants to do that in a time and manner of his choosing) by not telling Gus about Nacho's plan to kill Hector, (he might also know that Mike indirectly helped him get the pill casings).  Mike responded that he agreed not to kill Hector, not to be his bodyguard.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

I definitely was left with the impression that Anita looked shocked or affronted by Mike's accusation.

OTOH, Mike didn't seem shocked or affronted by Stacy's admission, but he could realize that she doesn't have the guilt that colors his grief.

Anita was not happy.  Stacey was not happy.  It was totally inappropriate.  Anita only had a bet with Mike about the guy spinning yarns/using tells.  If Mike wanted to keep the guy away from either Anita or Stacey, he could have taken him aside privately and in his intimidating Mike fashion, the guy would not have dared return.  Those kind of outbursts in a support group are totally off limits.  Mike and Stacey have a transactional relationship, he wants access to Kaylee and she wants access to babysitting and probably financial support as needed.  But it seems like Stacey also wanted to be in the group for therapeutic reasons and maybe sincerely thought Mike could benefit as well.  He just blew that all up.  They may never be on the same footing again, or all might be forgiven, because transactional.  With Anita, she might be through with him after this, or her helper instincts might kick in, like she was going to reach out to the liar who she thought needed help. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Nacho likely told Gus that Mike was aware of the pill swap plan, which is why Gus called Mike out. What I don't know is whether Gus fully anticipated that Mike would have no back-down within him, that Mike would essentially say, in a very matter of fact, no bluster tone, "I'm ready to die, right here, right now. Are you?", or whether Gus was merely hoping for that response, because it would establish once and for all to Gus that Mike was formidable enough to be a very close, most important, associate to Gus.

The ask has to either be related to the construction of the superlab, or something else to do with getting Eladio more dependent on Gus, something more significant than killing Nacho.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

Anita was not happy.  Stacey was not happy.  It was totally inappropriate.  Anita only had a bet with Mike about the guy spinning yarns/using tells.  If Mike wanted to keep the guy away from either Anita or Stacey, he could have taken him aside privately and in his intimidating Mike fashion, the guy would not have dared return.  Those kind of outbursts in a support group are totally off limits.  Mike and Stacey have a transactional relationship, he wants access to Kaylee and she wants access to babysitting and probably financial support as needed.  But it seems like Stacey also wanted to be in the group for therapeutic reasons and maybe sincerely thought Mike could benefit as well.  He just blew that all up.  They may never be on the same footing again, or all might be forgiven, because transactional.  With Anita, she might be through with him after this, or her helper instincts might kick in, like she was going to reach out to the liar who she thought needed help. 

We'll see.  But, I don't think an outburst in a grief counseling session is all that unusual.   People in emotional pain are prone to such outbursts.   If Mike handles the aftermath of it OK, it might not have a negative impact on either of those relationships.  

• Love 5

Mike was right about the guy telling lies, which means he could have been a scam artist.  And when he voiced his concerns to Anita, he got blown off.  And given the reaction of the rest of the people in the group, he would have received the same response he got from Anita.  

I guess I don't understand the purpose of these grief sessions.  If they are so invested in their objective that they are willing to overlook potential predatory behavior, I question their value.   

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

We'll see.  But, I don't think an outburst in a grief counseling session is all that unusual.   People in emotional pain are prone to such outbursts.   If Mike handles the aftermath of it OK, it might not have a negative impact on either of those relationships.  

In support groups generally, verbal attacks on other participants are mostly discouraged.  I think the leader says something like that to Mike, "you know the rules."  Pain leading to outbursts directed at others can be the opposite of helpful and descend into free-for-alls.

14 minutes ago, PeterPirate said:

Mike was right about the scam artist.  And when he voiced his concerns to Anita, he got blown off.  And given the reaction of the rest of the people in the group, he would have received the same response he got from Anita.  

I guess I don't understand the purpose of these grief sessions.  If they are so invested in their objective that they are willing to overlook predatory behavior, I question their value.   

We don't know the guy was a predator.  Maybe, or maybe some pathology there with attention-seeking, but Mike was equally disturbed with the others not able to see past their own grief.  It could be that some of them noted inconsistencies but did not see it as their role to say anything.   He said they were feeding off each other's misery.  Not too helpful, and that's his view, not everyone's, which is why he shouldn't be there.  It's a bit insulting.  As to the value of the group, everyone can take/give something different, they're not there to judge the other people's behavior, or shouldn't be. 

• Love 7

My first thought when Jimmy spoke to the store manager to ask why the store was so quiet and the manager's reaction was "yeah, I know," was that perhaps the store is set up for nefarious purposes (money laundering or something) and that's how Jimmy gets really involved in illegal activities.

• Love 4
On 8/28/2018 at 5:47 AM, JFParnell said:

The cousins are surreal, indestructible creatures (er, for now anyway) who defy all natural and physical laws. Wonder what they do for fun on a day off from work. Ping pong tournaments? Golf?

Spoiler

I knew how badass they already were in BB but after this episode, where they are to the maximum, it's funny that their lives are brought to an end solely by one man and his SUV!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 4

Of course Jimmy is the one guy who wont just hang out and catch up on reading while getting paid, he has to get his hustle on. An idle Jimmy is a Jimmy in trouble. Or someone else is in trouble. 

Everyone might have been upset that Mike called the faker out (and maybe he should have said something to the guy privately), but he wasn't wrong to tell the guy to screw off. With his massive grief for his dead son, people making up stories of loss must be something that really pisses him off. Beside, that guy is an agent of Hell, I've seen The Good Place, I know whats up!

Liked the scene with Kim and the Judge, even though I cant say I know for sure what the point was. The judge told her to stop waiting for her big crusading lawyer moment and just get back to work, but she seems to miss working the little cases again. 

Nacho and his dad are just killing me dead. This is all inevitably leading to disaster, and while Nacho chose to get involved in the drug trade, he is clearly getting in over his head, and he certainly never wanted his dad to get involved. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Of course Jimmy is the one guy who wont just hang out and catch up on reading while getting paid, he has to get his hustle on. An idle Jimmy is a Jimmy in trouble. Or someone else is in trouble. 

Everyone might have been upset that Mike called the faker out (and maybe he should have said something to the guy privately), but he wasn't wrong to tell the guy to screw off. With his massive grief for his dead son, people making up stories of loss must be something that really pisses him off. Beside, that guy is an agent of Hell, I've seen The Good Place, I know whats up!

Liked the scene with Kim and the Judge, even though I cant say I know for sure what the point was. The judge told her to stop waiting for her big crusading lawyer moment and just get back to work, but she seems to miss working the little cases again. 

Nacho and his dad are just killing me dead. This is all inevitably leading to disaster, and while Nacho chose to get involved in the drug trade, he is clearly getting in over his head, and he certainly never wanted his dad to get involved. 

I'm hoping Nacho and his dad will each order a  dust filter for a Hoover Max Extract® 60 Pressure Pro™.  That seems like the only way out for the 2 of them.  I am more afraid of Papi Nacho getting killed than Nacho himself.  

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

His resorting to bouncing the ball to kill time reminded me of Jesse in the big meth lab beneath the laundry, just killing time by doing one childish, goofy thing after another.  ADD situations? Mike would have sat down and read a magazine.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Mike should have walked out if he didn't like what was going on in the group.  People handle grief in different ways.  Not everyone moves on at the same pace.  Some people never move on.   He didn't need to add to their grief.

I will preface this by saying that I have counselor training: I disagree.  What Mike experienced in group is appropriate. At least it would be in my group. Mike is NOT over grieving. But his explosion was necessary. You will have people in groups that will buck against the process. Because it is similar to what Stacey said. Some people torture themselves if they suddenly realize that they have started to move on or to forget that person, even for one minute. I would not have kicked Mike out of the group. The fact that people are saying that survivors grieve differently, Mike's outburst is part of his grieving. We need to acknowledge that.  Is what he did pleasant? No. But this kind of stuff happens in groups. Just because Mike is stoic and quiet, but that does not mean that he is past it. He will never stop grieving and torturing himself. I would agree with a previous poster who said that Mike is getting into a dangerous element as a death wish. I think he wants to punish himself for what happened. As I watched the show, one sentence came to mind: Everyone is doing something that they hate. I think that Kim realized that her long years of working towards being a high paid corporate lawyer is not what she thought it would be. That is crushing and scary. I had a similar situation in my life. I pursued a high level degree for over 10+ years. Then when things finally worked out, I didn't think I wanted to do that "thing" anymore!  I started to hate it. It happens. We change or get burnt out. 

• Love 11

Jimmy at the cell phone store seems intent on being active, keeping the mind going, but Cinnabon Gene , who must have more customers, seems catatonic, he knows this is a dead end. At least cell phone Jimmy had Saul G to look forward to, and fall back on

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Pat Hoolihan said:

His resorting to bouncing the ball to kill time reminded me of Jesse in the big meth lab beneath the laundry, just killing time by doing one childish, goofy thing after another.  ADD situations? Mike would have sat down and read a magazine.

Great connection.  Both he and Jesse were both wearing brightly colored work clothing, though Jimmy's bright green vest was not quite as goofy looking as Jesse's yellow hazmat suit.   

Yes, Mike would have read a magazine, done a crossword puzzle, or listened to a ballgame on his transistor radio, while munching on a pimento cheese sandwich, an apple or some pistachios.  Can you imagine Mike and Jimmy together on a stakeout?  Mike would strangle him.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ShadowFacts said:

In support groups generally, verbal attacks on other participants are mostly discouraged.  I think the leader says something like that to Mike, "you know the rules."  Pain leading to outbursts directed at others can be the opposite of helpful and descend into free-for-alls.

We don't know the guy was a predator.  Maybe, or maybe some pathology there with attention-seeking, but Mike was equally disturbed with the others not able to see past their own grief.  It could be that some of them noted inconsistencies but did not see it as their role to say anything.   He said they were feeding off each other's misery.  Not too helpful, and that's his view, not everyone's, which is why he shouldn't be there.  It's a bit insulting.  As to the value of the group, everyone can take/give something different, they're not there to judge the other people's behavior, or shouldn't be. 

I agree. Mike was hurling anger toward everyone in the group. Letting a faker prattle on is a pretty minor threat to the group, compared to the damage that could be done by Mike tearing everyone down.

My guess would be that the guy just wanted some sympathy and attention. He probably never had any serious romantic partner, and he liked pretending that he used to have one. It's creepy, but not an emergency.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

I agree. Mike was hurling anger toward everyone in the group. Letting a faker prattle on is a pretty minor threat to the group, compared to the damage that could be done by Mike tearing everyone down.

My guess would be that the guy just wanted some sympathy and attention. He probably never had any serious romantic partner, and he liked pretending that he used to have one. It's creepy, but not an emergency.

I think Mike could have handled the situation better, and his outburst against the group was probably against protocol.  But, I don't see a grieving man having a negative, emotional outburst during a grief counseling session as such a huge deal.  I'm sure it is not uncommon.  Is anger one of the stages of grief  I think it is what comes after the outburst that matters.  If he doubles down on his criticism, that is one thing, but if he apologizes and deals with the emotions, it could be a positive for him and the group.

I think Mike might have a partial point, about how, if they are not careful, such a group can encourage wallowing in mutual self pity, instead of healing and moving on.

It reminded me a bit of Jesse's NA tirade in "Problem Dog".  He tells the group he killed his "dog",  for no good reason, other than it was a problem dog.  One of the women gets angry with him and the counselor says, "We're not here to sit in judgement" and seems to go way overboard with all the "self-acceptance" stuff he preaches.  To a point, self-acceptance makes sense, as bashing oneself constantly for your past mistakes and wrongs is not going to help you stay sober.  But, the idea that we should just accept whatever horrible things we do and immediately move on without any guilt, remorse or repentance, was over the line, IMO and Jesse was right to call it out as BS and condemn his own actions.  

I think the same can be true with grieving.  It is healthy and necessary to do, but if you turn it into a lifestyle and don't try to move on, it can be crippling and painful.  

Spoiler

The "dog" was actually Gale

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Eulipian 5k said:

The liar in the therapy session may have just had an unrequited love who died or went away and he manufactured his saga to be consoled by the group. It reminds me of the author's novel in "Nocturnal Animals".

Or Mike Yanagita from the movie "Fargo".  

• Love 4
Just now, Bryce Lynch said:
Just now, Eulipian 5k said:

The liar in the therapy session may have just had an unrequited love who died or went away and he manufactured his saga to be consoled by the group. It reminds me of the author's novel in "Nocturnal Animals".

Or Mike Yanagita from the movie "Fargo".  

Anything is possible.  There's also the line from The Rose that it's the one who won't be taken who never learns to give.  

Still, I'm glad for the Mike Ermantraut's of the world who look out for the rest of us.  Just like I'm glad the United Federation of Planets has Section 31.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I'm hoping Nacho and his dad will each order a  dust filter for a Hoover Max Extract® 60 Pressure Pro™.  That seems like the only way out for the 2 of them.  I am more afraid of Papi Nacho getting killed than Nacho himself.  

I'm pretty sure one or both of them are toast.  If it's his dad and not Nacho, it will be somewhat of a reversal of what Mike and Matty's situation was.  Mike tried to protect Matty and his "help" ended up getting his son killed.  Nacho told his father to play along at the upholstery shop and that did turn out okay so far, for dad, but we haven't seen the last of this and unless he gets some help from Mike, I don't think Nacho can finesse his way out.

37 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Wrong time, wrong place.  He should have taken the dude aside along with the grief counselor and have a private discussion.  and buried him in the desert.  He shouldn't have lashed out in front of the entire group.  Especially when the rest of the people in that group are dealing with their own tragedies.  They already have enough to deal with.

FIFY! :)

1 hour ago, PeterPirate said:

Anything is possible.  There's also the line from The Rose that it's the one who won't be taken who never learns to give.  

Still, I'm glad for the Mike Ermantraut's of the world who look out for the rest of us.  Just like I'm glad the United Federation of Planets has Section 31.  

As for me, “It's good knowin' he's out there, the Dude, takin' her easy for all us sinners.”

• Love 6
  3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Wrong time, wrong place.  He should have taken the dude aside along with the grief counselor and have a private discussion.  He shouldn't have lashed out in front of the entire group.  Especially when the rest of the people in that group are dealing with their own tragedies.  They already have enough to deal with.

I agree.

• Love 1
  4 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

could be.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Bannon said:

This is the sloppiest, most un-Mike thing Mike ever did, having Kaylee's safe deposit box at the same bank branch where he had safe deposit boxes for the drug henchmen. Even very cautious people can make simple errors.

Maybe he puts it in Anita's bank out of some lingering love, loyalty or affection for Anita, which we're just now learning more about.  Rather than sloppiness or a simple error, both of which are uncharacteristic of Mike, it could have been an error of the heart...a characteristic that is consistent with Mike.

• Love 4

I'm totally lost. What deal was Mike going on with Gus. Who's on whose side with all these drug smuggling operations.... salamancas,  kankamankas...who the hell is on whose side and who's double dealing who? I have no flippin idea!

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

I'm totally lost. What deal was Mike going on with Gus. Who's on whose side with all these drug smuggling operations.... salamancas,  kankamankas...who the hell is on whose side and who's double dealing who? I have no flippin idea!

I'm with you 100Proof

• Love 3
23 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Of course, since Henry was played by Marc Evan Jackson, I was just like "Well, duh, he's lying, because he's actually got a husband back in Brooklyn.  Holt would be very disappointed in you, Kevin!  And think about Cheddar!"

Better Call Saul obviously takes place in the time period before he moved to Brooklyn, but after he left his job in LA in the 1980s as the butler to a rich lady whose closeted son ran a women's wrestling promotion.

10 hours ago, PeterPirate said:

It could go either way.  Anita could realize that Mike was acting to protect the group from a scam artist and respond appropriately.  

Protect from what though. I am not convinced the dude was any kind of threat, but possibly just some sad lonely dude who has no other way to interact with people. Reminded me of Ed Norton at the beginning of Fight Club just going to support groups to feel close to others.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Protect from what though. I am not convinced the dude was any kind of threat, but possibly just some sad lonely dude who has no other way to interact with people. Reminded me of Ed Norton at the beginning of Fight Club just going to support groups to feel close to others.

I have to admit that if that dude had a criminal record, Mike likely would have found it and informed the others.  

Still, anything's possible in this world.  I think a scam artist who was looking to con a widow out of her insurance money would target such people.  In BB Jesse tried to sell meth to people in a drug rehab group.  

7 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Reveal hidden contents

The "dog" was actually Gale

Until I saw that I had not made the connection.  

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

I didn't understand Jimmy spray painting a phrase on the store window.

First of all, it's not his store. The store owner didn't seem at all concerned about a lack of traffic. Yet Jimmy didn't bother to ask him about spray painting his windows?

Second, that has to be a very inferior way to advertise a topic and expect it to generate business. Isn't it? How many people driving by the store will take the time to read that message? How many would understand it? There are so many better and more cost-effective ways to advertise that concept.

Third, I found the actual phrase to be rather difficult to understand. I suppose Jimmy meant to say that the phones in that store would defeat all kinds of attempts by someone to listen in. But that is a complicated issue and its meaning is not really well explained in just two or three words.

Jimmy has shown himself to be very smart when it comes to thinking of ways to generate business. What is the point of spray painting that window?  Is it really as poor a choice as I'm thinking? Or maybe he had some other reason for doing it?

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 2

I had the opposite reaction to the storefront advertising.  I thought it was a great gimmick and easy to understand.  Also, totally Jimmy.

I don't think the lack of business in the store was really significant.  This was a time when cell-phone ownership was exploding and to open a store in a cheap location basically on spec is not unrealistic.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

The judge didn’t order Kim to leave the court. He had just given her advice and was basically “Take the advice and scram.”

Specifically he told her that if she didn't leave he was going to put her to work due to a lack of public defenders (although I think he used some jargony term for this). Kim wants a glamorous case and Judge Neelix let her know those only exist in the movies but he's got plenty of shitty jobs she can (and will) take if she sticks around.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Specifically he told her that if she didn't leave he was going to put her to work due to a lack of public defenders (although I think he used some jargony term for this). Kim wants a glamorous case and Judge Neelix let her know those only exist in the movies but he's got plenty of shitty jobs she can (and will) take if she sticks around.

Yes, I think she's headed for public defender land shortly.  Which is where Jimmy started out.  It played to me like she was taking the judge up on his dare.  They probably won't let that ball just drop. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Bannon said:

I'd say the closest Mike came to hypocrisy was when he became furious at Walt for killing Gus, as if Walt was just supposed to let Gus kill him and be replaced by Gale. That whole story arc got a bit compromised early on, however, when they realized that Aaron Paul's Jesse Pinkman was too important to the audience to kill off, as had been the original plan.

I don't think Mike knew that Gus planned to kill Walt. Gus would have probably let Walt die and have Jesse & Gale take over. Gus was going to kill Walt when he saw how out of control Walt had become. Gus knew from the get go Walt had terminal cancer. 

• Love 3

Haven't seen this possible Easter egg mentioned, or perhaps I missed it... But to me it seemed like the therapist suggested to Jimmy was "Dave" from Breaking Bad. Anybody catch the scribbles on the post-it on the mirror?

The Cousins continue to bore me, they are basically cartoon characters.

Edited by conquistador
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I don't think Mike knew that Gus planned to kill Walt. Gus would have probably let Walt die and have Jesse & Gale take over. Gus was going to kill Walt when he saw how out of control Walt had become. Gus knew from the get go Walt had terminal cancer. 

I am pretty sure Mike knew Gus planned to kill Walt.  Mike was about to kill Walt in the lab in Episode 313 until he knew 

Spoiler

Jesse was on his way to kill Gale, which would leave Fring with no meth cook

Walt wasn't really "out of control" while working for Fring.  He was content to work for Fring and make a lot of money.  Jesse was out of control.  He tried to poison 2 of Fring's dealers because the used kids and had one kill Combo.  After Tomas was killed Jesse went to try to kill them again and probably would have been killed if Walt had not shown up and killed the dealers.  That wasn't Walt's "ego" as Mike claimed, that motivated him, it was Walt wanting to save Jesse's life.   

Fring would have killed Walt at the first opportunity fro that point on.  The only reason he didn't was that he needed Walt to cook and later because Jesse said he wouldn't cook for him, if he killed Walt.  Fring was about to kill Hank, when Walt arranged for an anonymous tip, which caused Fring to want to kill him over Jesse's objections.

You could argue that Walt was actually more rational at that time than Fring.  He was doing his best to keep Hank off Fring's trail and even caused a car accident to keep Hank from getting to the laundry.   Killing a DEA agent was a rather extreme measure for Fring, and the DEA wasn't buying Hank's "Fring is a drug kingpin" theory.   

I get that Mike was Fring's guy and was loyal to him.  But, I always thought Mike was uncharacteristically biased in how he viewed the conflict between Fring and Walt.  Most of the problems were either Fring's fault, Jesse's fault entirely or only partly Walt's fault.  

• Love 3
On 8/27/2018 at 7:10 PM, tiredofwork said:

Did anyone else's station have a strange commercial cut in when the judge was looking to ask Kim to rep the guy in court?  What happened as it came back to a different scene?

I watch it on Prime (a day late) so no commercial - but I did notice a strange cut during the episode which I mentioned to my husband.

On 8/27/2018 at 7:17 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Mike's distress when Stacey was describing moving on was a lot.  Why did he have such a visceral reaction?  Whatever the cause, it did not help matters when he "talked."

I think because he and Stacey are the ones who remember Matty, and the thought of her forgetting him upset him, because of course, he never will. I think it triggered the outburst as well. But then, Mike is only there because of Stacey - he's not a man who'd respond well to this kind of group in any case. He keeps it in by nature.

On 8/27/2018 at 7:45 PM, nodorothyparker said:

I kind of love that Jimmy is the one person who can't just take a blow off job as easy money to catch up on his reading or the news or whatever.  But this isn't the first time that we've seen that an idle Jimmy left to his own devices is a dangerous thing.

Jimmy's a go-getter, I don't think he does well when he's not interacting or working on something. Instead of easy money - this is a job from hell for him.

On 8/27/2018 at 8:20 PM, MissBluxom said:

Did anyone else catch that Jimmy's new partner left a glove in the case after he took the Hummer and the business owner suddenly came out of his office? It he did, that could set up a small mini-plot where Jimmy will be threatened with getting busted for stealing that Hummer.

I was watching closely - the partner grabbed the glove at the last second. So it wasn't left behind.

On 8/28/2018 at 1:44 AM, gallimaufry said:

Kim also seemed to move on more than she has in a while despite only being in a few scenes.  I loved her absolute disdain for the cynical judge and her effectively giving him the finger by sitting right back down.  Although he mocked a heroic movie-style case, he's also right: we know she does want to be Atticus Finch.  As ever, I'm intrigued to see where she goes.  I also like that they address last week's ending not with a conversation but with an action - Kim suggests talking and not to her.

I didn't read that as disdain at all. I read it as daring him to make him do what he said (give her a PD case?). I think she wants to do some "real" work - not banking and needs someone to push her into it. I also loved the judge's comment about broken lawyers, it was harsh, but dead on. 

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, conquistador said:

Haven't seen this possible Easter egg mentioned, or perhaps I missed it... But to me it seemed like the therapist suggested to Jimmy was "Dave" from Breaking Bad. Anybody catch the scribbles on the post-it on the mirror?

The Cousins continue to bore me, they are basically cartoon characters.

I watched the scene with the post it note again and I couldn't read what it said.  Maybe on my TV it will be clearer.   I wondered if the shrink might be Marie's therapist Dave. I could see a scenario where Saul represented Marie on a shoplifting charge and got her a deal similar to the one he got for his incident with Chuck, with one of the conditions being court ordered therapy for kleptomania, with Saul referring her to Dave.  

On 8/27/2018 at 10:20 PM, MissBluxom said:

Did anyone else catch that Jimmy's new partner left a glove in the case after he took the Hummer and the business owner suddenly came out of his office? It he did, that could set up a small mini-plot where Jimmy will be threatened with getting busted for stealing that Hummer.

The whole enterprise made no sense to me. These people have had millions. Maybe if the enterprise involved them making $4K minimum every day, that might be valuable. But a one time event? The penalty if they get caught can't possibly justify the reward. Just don't make sense. I can understand why Mike passed on it. No brainer.

If I remember correctly, when the car alarm went off the first time the burglar   (don't remember his name) snatched the glove left in the case and then hid back under the desk because guy came back too soon.

Forgive me if this has been answered but I am late to the forum and see that there are four pages already.

• Love 1