Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Week 6, Night 2

• Start Topic

Season 3 ends with engagements and heartbreaks. One panicked bachelor voices his concerns to a devastated bachelorette; one vulnerable woman worries that her reserved guy may not reciprocate her feelings; a Southern gentleman introduces his mom to his surprised lady love but she tells them to take it slow.

I bet Andi is gagging right now.

When did this show start pushing for proposals? This used to to be just a fun summer romp. Why couldn't Nick just tell Jennifer he wanted to date her more and see what happens?

(and who is the Southern gent mentioned above whose mother tells them to take it slow?)

• Love 6

Grant, you just sit there a bit longer, buddy. Trust your instinct NOT to propose. Although maybe you should have thought of that before you were all gung-ho about getting tattoos. Somehow passing along a FREE Neil Lane ring that you can just give back is a bigger deal than marking your body for life.

I love the various breakfasts in bed. Lace just had a huge-ass mimosa. All that girl needs.

At this point, Neil is giving Nick and Josh the friends and family discount. Dudes are like, just give me the usual.

Yay Carly and Evan! "My heart beats to your soul."

Someone actually did Lace's hair for her, and it looks decent (from the front, still looks ratty in the back). Grant has the "handsome face" as was featured in an episode of Teen Titans Go that my daughter was watching today:

https://goo.gl/images/7vJB1a

Grant, if your proposal consists of "i love you when we're fighting; I love you when you're stubborn; and I love you when you're screaming"--and you've only known each other for less than 3 weeks (actual time, not "tv weeks")--it's a pretty good sign that you should NOT be getting married. See you guys two seasons out on Marriage Boot Camp...if you make it that far.

Jen is talking first? This means Nick is dumping her. ... "Something is telling me to say good-bye." Or, someone, i.e., Mike Fleiss, with a golden ticket to The Bachelor. Aw, Jen wiping away a tear and then looking at her ringless finger.

Oh, Josh is trying not to cry--wondering why he keeps staring out to sea. What the heck? Did Josh get caught under a storm cloud that only hit him? This man sweats so much that maybe all that pizza is so that the cholesterol from the cheese helps to congeal the liquids in his body so they don't just pour out of him. God damn it, those pictures of Josh, Amanda, and the girls were magazine perfect; I hope IRL he's better with them than we're all assuming from this show. ETA: I'm also impressed that Josh moved to where Amanda lives, which, to me, implies putting the girls first. ETA again: ok, as said on After Paradise, he moved "here," I.e., Amanda lives in/near Hollywood, so now I'm back to giving the fame-whoring side-eye.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Evan's monologue was so lame and fake.  He's not a very good actor.  Josh also was trying so hard to squeeze out a tear. I don't know why they don't have a producer on hand to flick some salt water in their eyes.  

Nooooo! Evan's monologue was REAL.  Maybe a little bit rehearsed, but he meant what he was saying. I refuse to believe otherwise. :) i have never cried during any Bachelor-related show, but when Carly told him she would die for him, I lost it. It doesn't get much more serious than that. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, LittleCabbage said:

Nooooo! Evan's monologue was REAL.  Maybe a little bit rehearsed, but he meant what he was saying. I refuse to believe otherwise. :) i have never cried during any Bachelor-related show, but when Carly told him she would die for him, I lost it. It doesn't get much more serious than that. 

I loved it too. It was my favorite proposal, by far!  It seemed very real to me.  I was very touched and a little teary myself. 

And Carly looked gorgeous. She just glowed. 

Edited by lightbeam
Editing Just to mention...
  • Love 13

I am not sentimental in the least, but Evan's proposal to Carly brought a tear to my cynical eye.   He loves that girl.  I hope this doesn't give me enough renewed hope in the possibility of love that I sign up for an online dating site again!

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 3

Josh-Amanda's the best girl ever! I've never met a better woman than Amanda. I've never been so happy in a relationship ever. Blah blah blah. Passive aggressive eat shit to Andi. It was so obvious. Amanda is too dim to figure it out. I've always been neutral on Andi but damn girl! I'm glad you escaped that! 

Lace is so gorgeous. I just don't understand all that crap she puts on herself.

anyone else think Jen was faking being upset in the limo? Just felt like she could care less but the cameras were rolling.

• Love 6

Ha, Josh was melting during the proposal (gross, as you all pointed out) and even Amanda's gloss-coated upper lip took on an eerie rubber-like shine... It seemed like each time they cut back to Josh, he was getting sweatier and sweatier...

I'm in the minority, but the Carly/Evan proposal made me throw up in my mouth a little. Basically, I'm not a big fan of extreme declarations of unwavering love and devotion when the two people have not actually spent any significant amount of time in the real world.

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 18

Amanda... will you accept this sweat, I mean accept my final rose?

'My heart beats to your soul' is quite the line. I'd guess there are people all around the world marking that one down for later use.

I'm still just kinda pissed since we knew Nick was the new Bachelor already so that was that... and even as some being against spoilers there was at one point in week 3 or so I think a 'Sponsored Content' that had a picture of Josh and Amanda and the tagline was 'Which Three Couple Will Get Engaged on BiP??' So yeah even I could do that math. Which sucks.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2

I can't believe Jen was expecting, or would accept, a proposal after coming in halfway through to a tepid guy. She should absolutely have been expecting a rose after doing the fantasy suite, but a ring??

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, adhoc said:

I'm in the minority, but the Carly/Evan proposal made me throw up in my mouth a little. Basically, I'm not a big fan of extreme declarations of unwavering love and devotion when the two people have not actually spent any significant amount of time in the real world.

Well, I'm in that minority too. It was so ridiculous.

And "Will you freakin' marry me?!" Barf. His mannerisms continue to piss me off. 

But what really got me was when he said it was "the most important day of his life"... Never mind those three days when his children were born. This cheesy TV proposal to some woman he met a couple of booze-laden weeks ago undoubtedly tops the list! What an ass. 

I actually thought the Lace/Grant proposal was the least barf-worthy... (there's something I never thought I'd type...)

• Love 23

God help me, but I am so into Evan/Carly, its embarrassing. They are just so quirky and real. He is an awkward, she is snarky and kind of dark, and I think they work really well. Of all the couples, they are the ones I can see lasting for real in the real world. They both just beam whenever they look at each other, its so many kinds of awwwwww. Carly said she would DIE for him! Dramatic? Yes. But, maybe I am a massive sucker, but I buy it. 

On the other end of the spectrum, Josh and Amanda just make me roll my eyes. They are either boring or a little creepy (Josh just comes off as a creep, even without knowing about the book), and every time the show up, I feel like they are trying WAY too hard to look like a real couple. Like aliens pretending to understand the dating ways of the human. 

I loved the montage of all the weird stuff that happened this season. I will say, at least the editors of this show now how ridiculous this all is.

• Love 12

Plus 3 on the Carly Evan proposal. Still D list, still keeping it classy.

How did this show milk to the hilt Lace's shenanigans with Chad (and after her connection with Grant) but now it's as if she never spent that entire day and evening drunk in a hot tub with him doing fiance things? Seriously, Grant, run.

It looked like Nick's words were dubbed in over his excessive boohooing as his mouth wasn't shown making those words. Perhaps there were several versions at the ready depending on how his future was finalized.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I loved the montage of all the weird stuff that happened this season. I will say, at least the editors of this show now how ridiculous this all is.

Yeah there is this weird dichotomy with the show where it goes from 'This is just a silly show so drink a lot & possibly date multiple people' to 'Now we make the solemn decision of a lifetime, if you would not be bound in holy matrimony thou shalt not continue because this is serious business.' Like watching two shows mashed into one.

• Love 8

I pretty much snoozed through the proposals.  Evan and Carly's was the most adorable, but I don't think there are any love stories on this version that could melt my cold heart.  The reality of two weeks in paradise and never seeing the serious conversations make me so jaded.

• Love 1

The way Carly kept mentioning Kirk and the fact that she sometimes seems to be laughing at Evan not with him, makes me wonder how serious she is. I get a weird vibe that she is just pretending. I don't mind Josh and Amanda and hope they make it; then again I also wouldn't mind someone saying they would teach my kids soccer. And i don't agree that Amanda is already a soccer mom; I think she rarely sees her kids in her quest for fame/marriage. She still has time though to be more involved. Lace and Grant seemed to be drunk the whole time and I couldn't judge Lace's prettiness with the heavy, heavy lashes and matted hair. I think they will sober up and regret some things. I have no idea at all why they went ahead with the fake scenes of Nick picking out rings and crying when we all knew he had zero interest in proposing to Jen.

I really want them to bring back bachelor pad. This show is too boring in some places and too serious in others. There is no reason why people can't just leave the island together rather than getting engaged. It looks like they up the ante every season. Next year a baby will need to be conceived on the island! I think it is possible some of these couples will last but forcing people into a leave or get engaged scenario is pretty lame. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

The way Carly kept mentioning Kirk and the fact that she sometimes seems to be laughing at Evan not with him, makes me wonder how serious she is. I get a weird vibe that she is just pretending.

Carly and Evan are being interviewed on a few entertainment shows. I hope Carly isn't just trying to prove that somebody wants her and she isn't using him for the media attention or to become a fan favorite.

• Love 5

I hope I'm wrong about her; she did tear up at the proposal but the constant giggling on the after show and the mentioning how much better it was to be in this position as opposed to where she was with Kirk just rubs me the wrong way. IF she is truly in love it shouldn't have to be compared with other relationships. 

• Love 13

I think Carly brought up Kirk because it was so hurtful and she was genuinely afraid that Evan would do what Kirk did and it would be a trillion times more painful. I've been scarred by certain relationships too. I'm just glad that she is comfortable enough with Evan that she can talk to him about that experience and he won't judge her.

I could see in Carly's eyes that she absolutely loves this man. It was the most sincere look I've ever seen on any show in this franchise.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

(and who is the Southern gent mentioned above whose mother tells them to take it slow?)

I think I read somewhere that Josh's mother flew in and cautioned him against getting engaged so quickly to a mother of two. Josh is from Atlanta, so geographically that would fit, although the term "gentleman" is being used very loosely here. The visit must have been edited out.

People who say "#blessed" make me want to #barf, so I'm still not on board the Evan train. Also, huge side eye to him saying that it was the "biggest day of his life" (i.e. more important than when his children were born) and to Carly wanting to be the "cool stepmom".

I'm a cynic, so I think the Nick/Jen pairing and then him breaking up with her was producer-driven so that their new Bachelor is not just a two-time loser. Nick was definitely not into her, and despite what she kept saying, I didn't think she was that into him either.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, lightbeam said:

I loved it too. It was my favorite proposal, by far!  It seemed very real to me.  I was very touched and a little teary myself. 

And Carly looked gorgeous. She just glowed. 

Me, too, that proposal, and Carly's reaction, were as real as it gets. It brought tears to my eyes, the words were clearly heartfelt. They were wonderful, and such a normal couple. Especially compared to the potential train wreck of Grace and the "camera-perfect" Josh and Amanda. I really still like I know next to nothing about Amanda, they say such bland things to each other.

How could Josh go for Andi, and then for her polar opposite, Amanda, in the same lifetime? I'm so puzzled by that.

You go with your good self, Nick. There's no requirement to fall in love OR get engaged.

• Love 3

It seemed like each time they cut back to Josh, he was getting sweatier and sweatier...

After the proposal it looked like somebody turned a hose on him. His shirt was wringable. 

Edited by olivia1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Andromeda said:

How could Josh go for Andi, and then for her polar opposite, Amanda, in the same lifetime? I'm so puzzled by that.

All I can figure is both Andi and Amanda were the prizes, the women all the other guys were competing for.

I lost all respect for Grant with his little talk about liking "complicated," women.  Jubilee was complicated, Lace was just drunk and bad tempered.  I'm over her too small nose that turns up so much it takes her upper lip with it.   Just as Carly got prettier this season, Lace went the other way for me.

I wish all the best for Evan and Carly.  It's good that she can laugh at him when he's being a dope and tell him why. She's already made him so much better.

When Josh first walked out for his proposal scene I told Hubs to keep an eye on that crisp white shirt.  We watched nothing but the shirt and it was amazing.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Jodio said:

Well, I think it's pretty obvious that Josh's entire run in Paradise was a big "fuck you" to Andi. Nothing more, nothing less. There's no way a controlling asshole like Josh was not going to respond to her book. And I'd bet my life that he read that book, cover to cover, more than once. Unfortunately for him, he didn't do damage control and only confirmed the worst of what she wrote about him. And took it to the next level with all the sweating and moaning, which weren't even in the book. However, Josh and the baby dragon are perfectly matched: two self-centered dullards, twu wuv forevah. I hope Andi was laughing her ass off while cruising the Greek Islands this summer and randomly yelling "bullet--dodged!" And I don't even like Andi.

I'm super pumped for a season of Nick as the Bach and I want to put in my vote right now for Daniel in another season of Bachelor in Paradise. Because I'm Canadian.

That's interesting, and I think you're on to something.   Josh came on the show to prove he's the good guy, and all he proved was that he was an asshole.  My god, Nick is such a canny critter.  He sat back, let people think what they wanted, and sold them the product they were asking for.   The contrast was night and day.   

• Love 10
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

All I can figure is both Andi and Amanda were the prizes, the women all the other guys were competing for.

I lost all respect for Grant with his little talk about liking "complicated," women.  Jubilee was complicated, Lace was just drunk and bad tempered.  I'm over her too small nose that turns up so much it takes her upper lip with it.   Just as Carly got prettier this season, Lace went the other way for me.

I wish all the best for Evan and Carly.  It's good that she can laugh at him when he's being a dope and tell him why. She's already made him so much better.

When Josh first walked out for his proposal scene I told Hubs to keep an eye on that crisp white shirt.  We watched nothing but the shirt and it was amazing.

I also enjoy the "yes dear" dynamic Carly and Evan seem to now have as well... Carly giggles and teases him and he good naturedly rolls his eyes like "that's my Carly".. it just seems to be a natural and real couple chemistry rather than the polished and perfect exterior and happily ever after most of these people front for the cameras. 

• Love 5

Regardless of what type of person her ex is, you've known this guy since what?  June?  Even if you have spent a majority of your time together since then, it's been 3 months and you're doing photo shoots on the beach together with this new man you've brought into their lives?  It smacks of all for show and flaunting for the exes.. for Amanda, towards her baby daddy, and for Josh as a big FU to Andi after writing that book.  To me, it just goes beyond the typical "look at how in love we are" when you are dragging 2 kids into it.  2 young kids that you've left for weeks at a time twice to pursue this nonsense. 

Edited by GracieK
  • Love 22

I've seen this in real life more than you would believe.   I know several single parents who just met someone, moved them in and now are all over social media as if they are an established family. At least Josh has been somewhat vetted by the TV shows. I think the pictures look sweet though, and if they are really engaged  think it's OK. 

• Love 2

I think if you've shown poor judgement in picking a mate in the past, and then made children with them, that you should, at the very least take your time and ease into the situation before flaunting your instafamily all over social media.  I think the kids deserve at least that.  

• Love 17

Carly will be the cool stepmom and Josh will be the coaching stepdad. Meh. Chances likely neither will be with their intended within a year. But at least we know Amanda's children are important to her. Evan seems to rank his below meeting someone on a short-term reality show.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 3