Type keyword(s) to search

LemonSoda

6.5k Excellent

1 Follower

Recent Profile Visitors

2.1k profile views
  1. Sofia Coppola wrote kind words about the Shannon twins along with a photo series of them in her book. I had forgotten how pretty they were. Or maybe I never really noticed because I found them annoying on tv?
  2. I know we’re all so shocked by this news
  3. I can’t wait to see this one. I’m curious how they’ll handle her story given their treatment of her.
  4. It seems like everyone, everywhere did. I wonder if the world would be kinder to them now? While the character was absolutely annoying the major criticism always seemed to be the nudity.
  5. I’m behind a few episodes but so far I still feel the same. They’re doing super condensed rush jobs of cases that have not only had better shows dedicated to them but a lot is left out. A few times I’ve felt Holly’s commentary was unnecessary. For example the Dr Amie episode. The time she spent talking about all of their shared interests, how she wishes they could have been friends that time would have been better dedicated to talking about Dr Amie as a person. From the Dateline/48 hours shows dedicated to the case along with social media you can tell she meant a lot to so many people from all walks of life. Of course it’s Holly’s show though. Every time I see a photo of Laurie Bembeneck, I expect to hear Bill Kurtis’ voice. I’m sad she never got to have the justice or healing she deserved. I said it on the housewives forums too many times over the years but Jeana is gorgeous. In her heyday she should have had more of a career.
  6. Crystal’s upbringing was similar to Kendra’s. Her Father died, unstable home environments, trauma. I’m not sure Holly has? Potentially for legal reasons. I think the show was still filming when his legal issues began. Hugs to you!
  7. I do recommend it. It’s different than the others mostly because she focuses more on herself, her own feelings as opposed to slinging dirt. She does spill some interesting things. She has a similar story to almost everyone else who ended up at the mansion. Broken girl desperate to feel safe and have a home. Even the Disney love is a common theme in their lives. Crystal was accused of copying Holly even by Holly herself but it’s genuine. I think it’s from trauma, not having a proper childhood. Crystal lacked stability so she found comfort in fairytales. Yeah, the complex issue is all of the things can be true and most likely are. Hef could have saved Kendra’s life by pulling her out of poverty, nothingness but she has also paid the price for it in many other ways. Holly and Bridget could’ve thought Kendra was having the time of her life while she was just as miserable as they were. RealHousewife, I am so sorry you went though that. I’m a message away if you ever need anything.
  8. The Yagalla case is interesting. Hopefully the 48 hours episode is still available? It’s called Playing With Fire. Here’s the original Philadelphia magazine article which was the first piece I remember reading about the case. http://www.thebillionairesvinegar.com/selected_work/yagalla.pdf I read Mark Yagalla’s book. I feel like he was a mess waiting to happen whether he met Sandy or not. Her lack of conscience is insane. I’m still very mixed on the show. As others have noted some of the Playboy connections are stretched such as Victoria’s episode. Others there is too much to cram in to a 40 minute episode. Many are cases that other shows have done a much more thorough job dissecting.
  9. I finished Crystal’s book this morning. I don’t even know where to begin to talk about it. All of these women have a unique shared experience that only they understand.
  10. Is anyone else watching this? I did not like the first episode of S2. The problem for me was they seemed to gloss over and do a super condensed rush job on a case that had a lot of twists, turns. Dateline, 20/20 did much better jobs on the story. This case had too much to shove in to a 40 minute episode. I feel like a few episodes could have been devoted to the case. Just the Bentley Twins shenanigans alone could be a series. I really hope this case is solved someday. The victims and their families deserve justice. For Girls Next Door fans, those who remember the old forms, gossip:
  11. I think the twins’ defining trait was they are twins. That was enough to Hef. That’s how I see Crystal when I see old clips of her. Nervous, insecure, unhappy, blank and at times scared. On the Runaway Bride special she looks scared.
  12. Is anyone watching her YouTube videos? The cooking videos are giving off bubbly S1 Teresa.
  13. It was an interesting listen. Jill seems to have grown a lot.
  14. There’s probably more to that than we’ll know because they were close, off camera friends and hung out a lot.
  15. What’s crazy is the info in those tweets was in two other books years before Kendra said it. But she was going to defend Hef no matter what. Personally I thought that era of Holly bashing between the tweets and the fake book signing confrontation were less about Hef but more about content for her second show that was on its last legs. She was really grasping at straws there. I’m not sure how much of season 6 I watched but there’s no replacing the original 3. Some of the bunny house girls I thought had potential for their own shows/spin offs. I feel bad typing this but Crystal came off so blank to me on the show, vacant like nothing was there behind the pretty face. Was Claire Sinclair on Season 6 or just the bunny house stuff? She was really great on Holly’s World S2 to the point I would’ve liked to see her own show, adventures in Vegas. I saw her perform in the Calendar Girl show, it was cute.