Type keyword(s) to search

gonzosgirrl

37.4k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

4.3k profile views
  1. This is me, precisely. Kudos to James, because he kept me invested in a character that was ostensibly ruined by the writing (his part in the whole Peter debacle). I figured his cancer would come back, but I really didn't think they'd kill him off. The penultimate episode hit me harder, but the whole arc of the final three was gut wrenching. I have literally almost nothing to say about the rest of the storylines or characters, save that I am really, truly shocked that they ended this series with Eddie still in the chair. I was 100% certain he would have some kind of drama/trauma-induced 'miracle' by the end. So, kudos to the showrunner for avoiding at least one massive trope. Eddie was also a character made a thousand times better by his portrayer - David Guintoli is a gem.
  2. And it's continually stoked by two of the nastiest pieces of work I've encountered in 20 years of message boards and fandoms. Jared doesn't help it with his passive aggressive nonsense either.
  3. And as an aside, the vendor who had been selling these keychains gave me their card and website so that I could purchase them outside of Creation's hallowed merch room. It was Creation drawing the line, no doubt covering their asses with the studio, as you pointed out.
  4. Perhaps you didn't read all of my post above. They stopped the sale of a key chain replica of the anti-possession symbol in 2016. Any copyright has to be defended. I'm not sure why someone decided to lay this at the feet of The Winchesters (though I have a pretty good guess), but the fact is, any merchandise that infringes on their copyrights/trademarks is fair game. Anyone producing these things takes that risk. This 'outrage' that maybe they are being called on it now is ridiculous. It's akin to montage/edit makers using copyrighted footage of the show, or music tracks, and then crying if/when they are shut down (on Youtube). It happened to me (because of the music) and I hated it, but knew it was a possibility. What I didn't do was go and bitch at the musician who enforced their rights. On a happier note, that key-art is awesome. So much better than the poorly done recycled photoshop jobs we got the last few years of SPN.
  5. I'm not sure why they are presenting it as being solely related to The Winchesters. At the 2016 Toronto con, I purchased a keychain of a die cast anti-possession symbol in the merch room that was early access for Gold tickets. I went back to buy another one on Saturday and the vendor told me they had to remove them from the sale due to copyright issues (informed by Creation), because they were unlicensed. This has always been the case, whether or not they chose to enforce it. Too bad they are framing it this way - it just gives the haters and butthurt JP stans one more unreasonable way to hate on a show they haven't seen.
  6. Agreed. I think they are mistaken.
  7. They have already been writing S4 for a while now, so I imagine that the writers' room was in a bit of a scramble to fit whoever this character is in once JDM's ability to participate was confirmed. I think him being related to Soldier Boy is a little too on the nose, even for Kripke.
  8. I love JDM, but somehow I just can't picture him as a Vought-style supe. I can see the d-bag side, but not the smarmy camera-ready side. I wonder if he will be a Vought baddie, or a government baddie (with Victoria becoming Vice President and all).
  9. In news that's not really news - AMLT will end with season five. Though not officially announced by ABC.... https://tvline.com/2022/08/22/a-million-little-things-final-season-5-cancelled-abc-release-date/
  10. I am 100% certain Hell would freeze over before Jensen let Badd anywhere near anything he does now or in the future. Nobody will ever convince me that he (Badd) is not responsible for Jensen calling it quits on Dabbernatural. Don't even try.
  11. I am way more interested in/excited for this show than I ever expected to be. I can't wait to see what they came up with.
  12. I won't be surprised if there are flashbacks, or shots of him in the cryo-chamber, but those (the cryo shots) could have been filmed already while shooting the last episode, and Jensen even said they shot more flashback scenes/longer versions of what they showed. But I sincerely doubt we'll see him as a live-action part of S4.
  13. I really think that's just a joke. I say things like that to my friends all the time if they post about a good drink or great meal, etc. Personally, I don't think we'll see Soldier Boy again before the final season (if at all), except maybe in Vought propaganda.
  14. Oops, thx. I didn't scroll far enough lol. Same as the guest role, they don't separate by gender.