Type keyword(s) to search

Rainyhawk

5.6k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I actually thought she was talking about a different type of list of people who were friendly with the Dean hand she just called it the deans list), not the list about grades each quarter/semester. Since they were talking about admissions, not once the kid was in school.
  2. There are tons of professional movers doing the move out and move in for the transfer of presidents. I’m assuming he took the document boxes separately or earlier himself to keep. Unless he had documents scattered all over his dressing room, no way the movers packed them in with golf shirts. He took them and knew exactly what they were and where they were going…essentially hidden in mar a lago.
  3. Was there anything other than the puppies? My dvr cut out at that point. Most of the birthdays have a few more things.
  4. Someone posted a closeup of a chipped part of the sink cabinet…apparently just a thin layer of “marble” (most likely fake) over a thick ,layer of plywood.
  5. She also seemed to make sure she didn’t react to later segments. Alyssa’s story about spying on her sister was cute and everyone else laughed or smiled and I noticed sunny just had doom and gloom face. She’s gotten snottier recently for some reason. I, not a conservative by any stretch, but I think Alyssa has done as good a job as possible trying to represent the more normal side of her party. Not sure why sunny has such a problem…but to purposely single her out that was wasn’t cool. And, as someone else posted…sunny was not in law school when Pence was governor and I doubt she was there during his tenure in congress either, unless she was in law school in her 30s. Why lie about that…it was unnecessary and added nothing.
  6. This gun/shooting problem is not because there isn’t enough religion. As Ana pointed out, much of the problem is caused by religious views. Religion has always been a source of conflict…particularly when some religions teach they are the only one. One can have very high morals without being religious or in an organized religion.
  7. As I understood it, he didn’t fire twice through the door. He fired a head shot through the screen door and then, as the kid was in the ground, shot him again. There was no attempt to break in…the guy could have just called 911 and stayed hidden somewhere. Or asked who it was first. This didn’t have to end this way. Probably a similar result.
  8. Agree. I don’t watch this show for my news discussions. It always had the lighter tone on some topics. It wasn’t designed as a news show and still shouldn’t be. There are plenty of those shows if I want that…with better informed panelists frankly. I like a balance.
  9. May e because some of their “truth” has been proved to be lies…or at the least exaggerations? The media loved them until she started showing her true self…she didn’t want to follow protocol, she didnt want the help offered to assist her in learning about how it all works ,etc. She thought she knew it all annd would change the stuffy monarchy and surprise…she didn’t and lost a lot of goodwill along the way.
  10. It was interesting. How much apology is enough? He could be in jail for assault for crying out loud. Having to resign from the Academy is his biggest punishment? He can’t go to the awards if he’s nominated? Boo hoo. The guy is lucky Chris did t press charges when the police in the theater offered. It’s sad that the movie might be hurt but that’s the way it goes.
  11. In fairness this show was never designed to be a heavy news discussion show. It always has had lighter topics. Frankly if I want a serious news talk show, I’d go elsewhere where they have actual experts and analysts. I come here for some news stuff but also some lighter topics.
  12. I agree with the Dame. I think the fact that this season the show apparently pretends that the Prime Minister and Prince Charles essentially committed treason by discussing ways to get the Queen to abdicate may have been the breaking point for a lot of people. John Majors had to come out to say it had never happened, nor any conversation at all had occurred, and putting something like that into the show was malicious fiction. Many people, particularly in the UK, were pretty incensed by this. I do think they should have the disclaimer, and they finally did that today. I don’t even get why putting the disclaimer was being avoided by Netflix anyway. And yes, there are people who think every scene has some basis in fact.
  13. Aren't those often pre-recorded at a different time/day?
  14. without going too off topic I think there are good reasons for the switch.
  15. And didn't he retire once before and came back as well? And said this second one was absolutely it as he wanted time with his family? I'd be upset as well--he's basically choosing football (and the adulation he gets) over more time with a family from whom he's spent a lot of time away since they were born.