Type keyword(s) to search

EllaWycliffe

10.7k Excellent
  1. Heheeh yes a typo, its 1.75 million with same rooms and property and neighborhood. I noticed in the kitchen pictures that the counters and stove top still seem low which means a buyer needs to consider that as well. I would suggest waiting until he's actually made a buck.... He may very well - it is a nice property. But rates are going up....
  2. For a variety of reasons I do not think "having pumpkin season" will survive this sale (pretty much all of the sites and infrastructure including parking lots is in the listing photos for the sale) but I do hope any potential owners consider what Matt's plans for his property will be. Not sure, for example, how I'd feel about buying a nice whimsical piece of land only to see my next door neighbor building a "Great Wall of China" so close to my property. Nor would I be pleased with a pumpkin season (if it were to happen) where the patrons were used to being on and wanting to see *my* property. Oh prices have definitely gone up but its a pretty niche property. And the market for gigantic expensive houses in Matt's neck of the woods without all the strings attached of being the ex Roloff Farms property isn't blazing. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/10425-NW-Helvetia-Rd-Hillsboro-OR-97124/186249293_zpid/ This place for example on zillow, not a roloff address but literally down the road from Roloff Farms is 1,750,000,000 - its on 10 acres and has the same 5 bedrooms, 6 baths and its been on Zillow for 19 days already. I'm curious to see how it does. I suspect this new season will be al about it.
  3. Of course. I'd love to see the appraised value. Is it in the listing? I could have missed it. What I did see was the last sale value a little over a year ago that was 975k. I don't know how finishing the play pirate ship and burying some gold coins in the sandbox increased the value by over 3 million, but hey maybe its a lot of pirate booty buried there....
  4. In what seems like a really classic passive aggressive bitch move, everyone knows this announcement is on Jackson's birthday, right? :) Super classy!
  5. Hehehe this assumes that Matt doesn't spend it on his own plans. Point - wasn't there some speculation recently that Matt simply couldn't afford to build his barbie dream house? Maybe this is how he gets the cash.... I also wouldn't expect any inheritance from Matt at this point if I was one of those kids. (not that it should be expected either, but I have a feeling Matt is all about Matt) Only if he actually sells it for that price - he took out an 867k mortgage on it just last year to pay Amy and most buyers at this level do pay attention to prior sale prices. Matt paid Amy 975k total for her *half* the property just last year. Now he's selling the admittedly better half for 3 times that? I mean, he's also saying (as of right now) that pumpkin season will continue which means any buyer will be dealing with people non stop trespassing in October...
  6. I tried to look at the listing at Global Properties but its timed out 503. The Wall Street Journal article says the castle and the pirate ship and western town are included, thanks for the link Dustbunny! Agreed. And if thats close to the deal offered to Zach, not sure I can blame Zach for being pissed. Matt bought *half* the property from Amy for 975k just last year. He's now offering to sell essentially half of the original 32 acres for 4 million. Admittedly the "good half" but thats still one HELL of a mark up.
  7. Its a nice place but I will be genuinely shocked if he gets 4 million for it. I'm more impressed that he was allowed to split the property.
  8. Interesting! Did it say how much?
  9. I do want to correct myself, it was a broken ankle. But yeah the tale was sufficiently exaggerated that "the spider was so giant I needed my neighbor to come kill it in the middle of the night" was probably more like, "the neighbors were over at around 7pm and there was a daddy long legs and I had the vapours and went pretend hysterical until neighbor offered to kill it".
  10. Well, auj does tend to overplay things. Remember when she was blogging their move from Oregon down to Los Angeles and she twisted her ankle the first night and then Jeremy had to do a photoshoot the next day leaving her alone, in an empty apartment with no food or water, not able to walk or call for help and she had to pray to Jesus to save her from Satan, who came for her? Meanwhile I am a little "Jeremy has no job and they're just back from vacation, why isn't he home?"
  11. Dunno about adding to it - he says remodeling. I have noticed, from watching the show, that Matt tends to be constantly remodeling Well, there was a whole lotta "Amy let all the maintenance go" complaining but really it all sounded like normal wear and tear. Matt also tends to make things sound much bigger than they actually are. The "major remodeling" he talks about for example? Might be painting a room or two. At one point he was "remodeling" the double wide, which amounted to painting the cabinets and changing the flooring. Made worse that yeah, he's constantly saying he won't live there. Its genuinely hard to tell what's going on with the floor plan of the Big House. I know, for example, that there's still three bedrooms on the second floor but there's ALSO a really extensive great room and maybe another bedroom? On the first floor there was a LARGE office for Matt that once he moved out seemed to never really be used again (Amy may have used it as a playroom for the grandkids. There's the really large great room attached to the kitchen and a dining room and the original smaller office/den, and the original rarely seen bedroom and bathroom for Matt and Amy. And there is a six car garage that also seems to have office space. One reason I found the "OMG I MUST BUILD A NEW GARAGE PRONTO!" silliness so silly is that if no one is living in the big house... why not park your cars there? Even if the other Karen was still renting, most people don't have six cars to begin with and garage access isn't much to ask for from a renter. But then who knows how many cars Matt owns? I am curious if he ever starts the barbie dream house, just how long it will take. The last major change to the house was a six month long, if not more, nightmare of Matt making changes to everything and running out of money which shut down building. And that was with Amy and the kids nagging him. Exactly! And honestly, if it was easy peasy make a butt ton of money to sell to developers Matt would have sold the property decades ago.
  12. Moved from Zach and Tori since its mostly about Matt The property is valuable. The big house? At last check, Matt was remodeling it yet again - he posted something about it in March. My issue with the big house is simply that it's a GIANT house. Rumor has it that in order to rent it to the other Karen, the kitchen was remodeled back to an average height kitchen. I wonder too if some of the remodeling in March was making it more average height accessible. This. The various structures littered around that people aren't allowed into per the county Western Town for example, non family members haven't been allowed to go into buildings in over a decade. Noah's Ark, which is literally just an unfinished boat hull thats been left outdoors for ten years now. The castle, that people in pumpkin season aren't allowed to go in. The swamp fort rotting in the swamp. The new pirate ship. These things look cool but a new non family owner is only going to see them as a liability. And frankly, Matt has a lot of "stuff" all over the farm. Zach "buying" the property frankly means Matt maintains status quo... but a non family member buying the farm means Matt's got to find a place for his car and atv collection and ALL of his valuable stuff in the barns that he wants to keep. And Roloff Pumpkin season on that part of the property would end. A non family member is not going to make a full market value offer for that property if Matt plans to commandeer it for one month out of the year and retains control over outbuildings. Any sale to a non family member with usage strings attached would make it a difficult sale, in my opinion. The big house is lovely but its kind of BIG. I can appreciate it as a beautiful home on the interior, but its certainly way too big for me, and the exterior is "McMansion on Steroids". If Matt is seeking top dollar, even if he's NOT attaching usage strings, I don't know that I'd want to live next to the former owner who may still be running a noisy crowded business one month of the year right next door. I've actually wondered why Matt hasn't gone the AirBNB route with the place.
  13. Moving over to the Matt thread instead of responding here
  14. I mean that makes a weird sense....
  15. I'm sure the jerk CEO was out skateboarding in the parking garage or something else of a forced "cool" nature ;)