Type keyword(s) to search

Miss Bones

2.6k Excellent

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

1.4k profile views
  1. She even beats out Monica for me, and I didn't think that anyone was capable of stealing that #1 slot from Monica, prior to being "introduced" to Annmarie. She's getting to be like Sophia from The Golden Girls. She probably carries it around with her when she is alone, in her own home.
  2. Overly large and SHINY forehead. I get oily sometimes, too. Dust a little powder on that shit, just ONCE, please! 😧
  3. You may have been referring to something else, but this is my reaction to comments that older women should cut their hair. I plan to have my hair long hair for as long as it grows!
  4. I was taken aback by this too. Especially because she is treating Sutton like she treats her sisters: terribly! However--and I'm not defending Kyle, because I cannot stand her--I later thought that she may have meant "Don't flatter yourself like you are so much younger than me" because Sutton said Kyle treated her like a *little* sister. (And I was surprised to find out, via a Google search, that Sutton is actually younger than Kyle.) Yes! I laughed so hard at the reaction shot they cut to, of Dorit and Erika, when Garcelle blurted out at dinner what she thought of Kyle's ring. But I'm sure they probably weren't even reacting to that, with the way the editing is. HA! She also had that TH last season, when she was dressed like her, with the bitcoin brooch at her collar. Haha! I love this callback!
  5. I was thinking Sutton should be more worried about what the Ballet Association thinks about her table manners during that poor attempt at using chopsticks! Call me basic, but I say if you cannot properly maneuver chopsticks, just use a fork! Probably better than shoving a finger in her mouth and fishing it out 🤷‍♀️
  6. Thanks! I thought that was Hannukah on Rye--which I enjoyed--but there have been a few of the Hannukah movies that I have liked, so I wasn't positive if that was the one I was thinking of. Regarding Niall Matter, I had forgotten that I actually did enjoy him in one of his more recent (non-Christmas) movies Rip in Time. That one kind of made me rethink my opinion that he was boring, as I found him surprisingly charismatic in that role. I think his role in the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries is the reason for my thinking he was a boring actor. He didn't have much chemistry with Candace Cameron Bure...not that I can blame him, as I would find it hard to feign love for her, also.
  7. I wasn't sure if I was going to give this one a go or not--because I find Niall Matter to be kind of boring--but I love You've Got Mail, so I will check it out. If memory serves, wasn't Hanukkah on Rye also similar to You've Got Mail?
  8. Ms Christmas Comes to Town: Barbara Niven is wonderful as always. Her sidekick/replacement, though, was a total asshole the entire time. She was really getting on my nerves. It’s hard to believe Brennan Elliot’s character would fall for her, he was a pretty nice guy— not the typical sarcastic guy they would normally pair with this type of female lead. Not to mention she looked like she had drawn her brows on with a Marks-a-lot. Not to be totally superficial here, but she also had an ugly and unflattering shade of dishwater brown hair going on, to match her ugly personality. A lot of the hairstyles were distracting, in fact! Ms. Christmas’s love interest had a bizarre hair color that matched his Olive-toned skin almost exactly. At least Brennan’s bad hair got addressed in the script, when they gave him a trim. He pulled off a red tailored suit pretty well though. 🔥 Then—in that same scene—Ms. Christmas gifts the rude woman a new outfit, and we are all supposed to be awestruck about how “great” she looks. She did not look great. It did make me wonder if Ms. Christmas actually likes her as much as she leads on, gifting her such a terrible outfit. Overall, the movie kept my attention, but wasn’t great (not that I expect greatness from HM), and could have maybe been better if they’d cast a more likable actress as Brennan’s love interest.
  9. I actually didn't feel like the blonde friend even necessarily had a crush on Chris anymore-- at least not in the way the movie was described as leaning into the love triangle trope. And as far as the blonde getting a love interest, I almost felt like they were going to have her end up getting romantically involved with the popular girl that she was hanging out with throughout the movie.
  10. I guess I’m a simpleton, because I actually enjoyed Never Been Chris’d and I thought Tyler and Janell had good chemistry. I liked the friendship between the girls. Like some others though, I did think that Chris was going to turn out to be an asshole, and that neither girl would end up with him. I’d have been fine with that, too. Seems to be the unpopular opinion, but I liked it overall. I was happy to catch The Christmas Secret today, which is one of my absolute favorites! I love that it’s a little darker, in tone, for HM, but such a happy ending that always makes me smile…And tear up a little, not gonna lie!
  11. I'll see what I can do! I'm curious, too.
  12. Funny, this week, I found out that Bruce is from West Warwick, Rhode Island--my hometown--and went to high school with one of my friends.
  13. I feel like the styling-inspo for the character of Harold had to be Darlene's bf David from Roseanne.
  14. Thanks for clarifying @paulvdb. I thought we'd get more than one this Friday. Maybe I will wait to watch episode 5 then, so I can spread them out a bit more.
  15. I'm enjoying this way more than I thought I would! Sat down to watch the first episode last night and ended up watching the first 4. I like the teenage actors and their storylines; I'm liking the whole A Nightmare on Elm Street/"What did the parents do?" storyline; LOVING Justin Long in this role. As a reader of the Goosebumps (and Fear Street) books when I was a kid in the 90s, I approve! Growing up, I liked the old show, but in revisiting it as an adult, it is a little cheesy. I think this is very well done, and much darker than I was expecting. I'm in! Excited to get home and watch the 5th episode tonight, and to get more on Friday!