Type keyword(s) to search

CarpeFelis

6.2k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

1.4k profile views
  1. Or just keep saying “I’m getting too old for this shit”… GRUDGE!!! I was afraid we’d never see Her Majesty again! Love this! But my cats tell me the correct word is minions, not underlings.
  2. Seriously? THIS was the Prettiest Girl on the North Shore? With those eyes? Hopefully this particular picture just didn’t capture her very well. She looks like she’s squinting into the sun.
  3. Lucas is so freaking annoying! Entitled, arrogant, self-centered, immature. Amelia was being ridiculously patient with him while he made her place into a complete mess where she couldn’t find things, drank the last of the coffee, borrowed her car without asking… Yeah, she’s family, but since when does that entitle him to treat her home like a hotel? What’s he going to do next, throw a party while she’s out? Much as I generally can’t stand Owen, I absolutely loved seeing him tell off Millen’s brother. ETA: Shut up, Beltran. Maybe the elevator “just doesn’t like you”, seriously?
  4. I’m pissed that they killed Asher. WHY?! FFS, it was bad enough they killed Melendez, did they really have to kill another fan favorite character? (ETA: Do the writers think this makes them edgy or something? It doesn’t. It makes them annoying assholes.) Charlie was back to being a pain in the butt this week. She needs to learn her place. She’s a med student but she argues like she’s an attending whose opinion should carry a lot of weight. It doesn’t. And why are Lim and Glassman so adamant about having Shaun work with her? That seems like it’s just a plot contrivance. What is this BS about letting poor little Steve cry his lungs out every night? He’s too little to “learn” that crying will get attention just for the sake of attention. (Reminds me of my Evil Starter Husband who insisted that our daughter’s crying was manipulative. She was 3-4 months old, FFS!) And I was annoyed that Lim’s mom felt the need to apologize to her for dating Glassman. She’s an adult. Just because she’s someone’s mother, that doesn’t mean she owes her ADULT child an explanation or apology for living her own damn life! The only thing she should have been apologizing for was oversharing about sex. Nobody needed to hear that.
  5. Snark season indeed! My first snark of the season: I hate the haircut. It does absolutely nothing for her. They could have at least styled it instead of leaving it looking like nobody knew what the hell to do with it! And what happened to Elizabeth saying she didn’t want to go above shoulder length? Second (more important) snark: Why do I have the feeling the reason Fiona is gone is because Krakow heard the viewers preferred Fiona to drippy Elizabeth? ETA: Third snark: Here we go with the anachronisms again. Faith is now running around town in pants. And the surgeon at the hospital is a woman. How true to the period are either of these things? They seem to be implying it’s the 1920s, but it was not common in that period for women to wear pants: https://vintagedancer.com/1920s/did-women-wear-pants/ And in the rare instances when they did wear them in public other than for sports or the beach (article says they’d need to be “as bold as Amelia Earhart” to do so) they were looser fitting and flowy, not like what Faith was wearing. I’ll say it again, may the ghost of Edith Head come back to haunt the costume department!
  6. I don’t like him either. He comes across really arrogant. You, sir, are no Derek Shepherd. (He also looks like his mouth is too small for the rest of his face.)
  7. I felt bad for Schmidt. Bad enough Nico shows up out of the blue, but he’s partnered up and they’re expecting a baby? And then when he introduces himself it’s obvious Nico has never mentioned him and the handsome partner gets his name wrong. Freaking OUCH. It wasn’t exactly like Jo said, that he felt like Nico’s life was way ahead of his. It was more like “tell me without telling me that I was insignificant to you and you could do so much better”. I can sympathize with that. The last guy I dated before my husband, we were together for 2 1/2 years. He was always talking about how he was never, never, ever getting married. A few years later, mutual friends tell me he married the next woman he went out with. I didn’t feel as devastated as Schmidt because by then I was married to a much better guy, but I was kind of shocked and pissed off that Mr. “I Am NEVER Getting Married” not only did, but he married the next woman who took so much as a second look at him. Like, what the hell had I been, chopped liver?
  8. She still got a bit unprofessional encouraging the patient to ask Jordan out. But Charlie was a lot more likeable this episode. Mostly more amusing than annoying. I hope that trend continues. It seems like maybe she and Shaun just bring out the worst in each other. Glassman and Lim’s mom do seem to be hitting it off, but it would be so cliche if they start dating. Just because they’re around the same age doesn’t necessarily mean they have a lot in common. Speaking of cliches, attempted sex in the supply closet—what is this, Grey’s Anatomy? Are we going to have lots of elevator conversations now too? Or someone’s panties tacked to a bulletin board?
  9. I cannot believe the official description of this episode mentions their “great romance”. This was no great romance, it was more like a great emotional torture story. Jack was a damn fool and should have listened to Paul all along. Why he was so obsessed with Alice is completely beyond me. As far as I could tell, she was a self-absorbed emotional terrorist and acted like she had BPD. Her thought process seemed to go something like: “I’m boooooored so I guess I’ll pop in on Jack again out of the blue”… Jack gets hurt again… “Oops, this isn’t going so great, guess I’ll go disappear again”. Lather, rinse, repeat. For your average guy to be willing to tolerate this level of crazy she should have been drop dead gorgeous, but Alice was portrayed as very plain. Either of the Gemmas (Chan or Arterton) would have made a far more convincing Alice. The things she did that pissed me off the most: first, when Jack told her he was married, she should have decided not to contact him again. Yet she immediately turns around and asks him to go with her to her mother’s funeral, completely disregarding the existence of his wife and daughter. If she really intended to be friends only, she should have asked him to bring his wife. Second, when she tells him that if she were capable of being with anyone it would be him… and then she disappears for a few more years and the next thing he hears from her is her wedding invitation. If he had any sense he’d have tossed it in the trash. At the very least, if he just had to have that conversation with her, it should have started with “WHAT THE BLOODY HELL, ALICE?!” Third, she runs out on her wedding because she’s apparently decided it’s really Jack she wants… but does she stick around and tell him that? No, she disappears again!
  10. FFS, Alice. You found out Jack was married and you just couldn’t manage to leave him the hell alone. So you show up again and blow his life up. Good going there… I still don’t get why Jack is so into her. She’s a trainwreck. Served him right in the end when she explained why she is this way and told him they could never really have a relationship. First truly decent thing she’s done, but she should have done it as soon as she found out he was married.
  11. I KNOW I hate Alice. If I’d ever gone on a date with someone and been as obnoxiously questioned as she was interrogating Jack, I’d have headed to the ladies’ room and never come back. At first I wondered if she was terminally ill and didn’t want to get attached to anyone. But after the way she was screaming when Jack went out for coffee and croissants, I’m thinking BPD. I actually do think Domnhall Gleeson is attractive. But Alice, yikes… I don’t get his fascination with her at all! She’s definitely not a woman I look at and think “dang, I wish I looked like her”. And on her, that red lipstick was hideous.
  12. I had to laugh when Bailey was giving them a lecture about how they cared more about racking up procedures than about the patients. Gee, Bailey, exactly whose idea was it that gave them the incentive to check off procedures? Reminds me of a lot of stupid metrics management wanted us to meet when I was still working. Largely self-defeating when people start trying to check boxes instead of putting thought into what they’re doing. Malicious compliance at its best (or more accurately, worst).
  13. This show makes me think of Z Nation minus the zombies.
  14. The ending made me think of the “monster from the id” in Forbidden Planet.
  15. Completely agree on that! There are lots of other things she could have been shown doing.