Type keyword(s) to search

pasdetrois

19.9k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

4.3k profile views
  1. I thought I would miss seeing Italy in its sun-drenched color. But I am distracted, in a good way, by the stunning B&W cinematography. That quick shot of the cocktail on the balcony with the glorious sky beyond it. Clothes truly do make the man. Only drawback for me is that Dickie is almost lifeless - his personality is flat. Even forgetting the memorable Jude Law, Johnny Flynn's performance is barely there. I guess they were trying for languid wealth.
  2. Yes, and that exquisitely painful tea service between husband and wife. A great episode.
  3. I wonder about this too. Plus, will she keep all the supplies and mess that being a dedicated potter requires? Would ruin the vibe of that room. When I saw it, I thought morning coffee/reading/meditation/yoga room, and how my family and friends would appreciate hanging out to chat there (no TV). In fact, I suspect the buyers had already chosen the house, given their need for a pottery space. Another beautiful re-design, with thoughtful elements. I hope someone saves the other house, which was lovely.
  4. If I recall correctly, even the Gizelles of the RH world eventually get taken down by production.
  5. Without TV money, June might eventually have to work the government benefits world. With a little one, she might qualify for SNAP (food stamps), housing assistance and other benefits. The baby might qualify for the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). My community has a thriving food bank that donates food to qualified recipients. Given her history, June might be on a monitored, mandated safety plan that dictates she must participate in services, such as Narcotics Anonymous, and parenting classes. I cannot fathom a judge awarding her custody otherwise. Friends who are social workers say they encounter foster parents and others who view custody as a "parents with government benefits" deal, and take advantage. June cannot sustain the reality TV model forever; what will she do afterward for income?
  6. The new wood arms that mimic the original metal open work are great design, and the turned legs on the new dining table are stunning. I like that this house was not the cookie-cutter open floor plan that many old homes get turned into. There was a famous Auburn football coach named "Shug" Jordan (pronounced Jerdan, which is a common Jordan-pronunciation in Alabama).
  7. Same here. I think the Napiers were a bit taken aback by her screechy hysterics, but were too polite to react. Adorable house with thoughtful design. Erin really got to draw on her creativity (those cabinet knobs), which must have been fun for her. I liked the green roof for a change. Erin has a great sense of color. I think the one error was no screened porch, as this young couple loves to live outdoors and they could use the extra "room" in the summer time. Erin seemed to feel the need to apologize for building small and building new. She wove the justification throughout her commentary. I like that someone built small as opposed to the monstrosities that are in fashion, and clearly they had to tear down. I would love to see more of those new, charming small houses that are affordable for regular folks. Of course, developers don't make much money with them.
  8. A couple of months ago Wendy was still listed as part-time staff on Johns Hopkins' website. I feel confident they did not renew her contract. Or perhaps they had a non-compete clause that Wendy didn't want to be held down by, and she chose to leave.
  9. I haven't been watching - because this forum is way better - but I suspect the ones that remain know how to cooperate with production and give production what it wants. Gizelle and Ashley are especially good at this. Candiace's emotions are always near the surface, and she can act like a spoiled brat. I suspect she, Chris and earlier her mother wore out their collective welcome behind the scenes. Bravo would work hard to keep them if it really needed them.
  10. I'm not an equistrienne, but I think I've heard of arrangements where people "rent" horses long-term. Kind of like humans do cars. They pay a stable to house and feed them, and they just visit to ride and socialize and maybe help with grooming. They consider them "our horses." Or perhaps the horses were too old or ill to withstand a long journey? The guys mentioned children and grandchildren - maybe they now care for the horses. I'm scrambling to try to understand why someone would abandon their horses. There are lots of horses out West, so many unwanted ones end up at slaughter. I thought I heard Erin say the guys were raised in the South, but not Mississippi. The back of the property was simple and beautiful. That pool liner matched the house paint. I laughed at the unlevel kitchen. Been there done that, including trying to hang original wood window sashes after removing and restoring them.
  11. The whole thing was fake. Or Gerry pretended to be sincere because he wanted to be on a TV show.
  12. None of them are prepared for when the TLC well runs dry. True for many reality TV people.
  13. I wasn't much of a Winslet fan until I saw her in Mare of Easttown, and now this, which held my interest. I think her character's ridiculousness - nonchalantly getting her chest massaged in front of everyone at the breakfast table! - and the palace toadies were the key. A great ensemble cast - nobody does unctuous like David Bamber (Mr. Collins the vicar in the 1995 Pride & Prejudice). And I covet that red silk shantung dress.
  14. I wonder if grandmother's syphilis was too late to treat. Dr. Turner sure was making a lot of silent faces. I think she said it had been at least a year since her chancre disappeared. The Trixie and Matthew storyline is now loathsome. Get rid of both of them or do better, writers. I'm not interest in drunk weepy Trixie. The actress wore a noticeable wig in this episode.