Type keyword(s) to search

ljenkins782

7.8k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

3.0k profile views
  1. Oh, I hadn't even considered that. I read Toby Mack's tribute to her about her struggles but had assumed some kind of addiction issue. Very sad either way.
  2. Julia is short, on the heavier side, and not conventionally beautiful, in this culture, she's always going to be on the losing side no matter how talented she may be. Women are always going to be judged by the same criteria, so it's an uphill battle to achieve anything if you're not stunning in looks as well. Does Loretta Lynn really have so many fans that the connection is keeping Emmy going? Her voice is pretty enough, but she's SO nervous that's it's awkward to watch week after week. I did not love Roman's version of Roar while he was on the piano, but thought he sold it once he stood up and I'd rather see someone having fun trying things that may or may not work than watch someone terrified up there. I feel like Roman could have been this year's version of that kid last year who did wild performances every week despite not being the best singer. Since only one person can win, I'd like to be entertained or surprised by the others. I thought Abi's song was godawful this week, bad choice and poorly executed, but she's been great on other songs. I hope she takes Katy's advice and goes back to a different type of song. Jayna sang well enough but just didn't stand out for me, I wish they would have saved someone else and wasn't surprised when she left. McKenna's last performance was really good, I was ready for her to go, but that was good. I still hate this format, it's just too quick. How awful to have the high of being safe 1 day and axed the next.
  3. Hmmm, the article suggests that they want to bring back the Scotty character in a”significant way” but that Lily doesn’t seem to be a part of the idea. Besides being kinda shitty since Lily was the character in the original, it makes me wary of them doing even more personal stories, Scotty’s terrible taste in women was heavily featured in the original. It wouldn’t be set in Philly and would only have one of the original cast, might as well just make it a different series, it’s not like there aren’t a million cop shows with similar premises.
  4. I can't believe Flora is back, I thought she'd been permanently banned. Also never realized she was Ukrainian, I always thought she was Russian. She has had a whole lot of work done, but she still looks relatively the same. Also, hearing her say she was 51 definitely made me blink hard, ouch. Seeing this older, larger version of the Veronica/Rachel/Tina clique also made me feel some type of way. I figured Rachel would still be in fighting shape, but that face, oof. Earning that Butterface nickname since her very first challenge appearance. RR Adam was another one I didn't think we'd see again, I'll be curious to see how Adam 4.0 shakes out, he was a phenomenal competitor back in the day, but quite an ass too. Ayanna just makes me sad, I don't really enjoy watching her struggle to connect with people. Steve too, to a lesser degree, he's much quieter about it and doesn't have the meltdowns that Ayanna has, but it doesn't seem like genuinely connects with much of anyone. Having Adam here could help him this time around, but there must be something a little off-putting about him in real life.
  5. I wouldn't bet on it, American Idol has paid him a mint over the years, plus I think he was executive producer on the Kardashians franchise, plus his radio gigs, hosting New Year's Eve, etc. Money doesn't seem to be the motivator. ETA: totally forgot about his gig on morning tv with Kelly Ripa! per the internet, his net worth is $450 million already even before he starts Wheel of Fortune.
  6. Tim got me right at the end that too, that sly little smile and "I'm still the sexiest dad to ever do this" was adorable, I wish we had seen more of that personality. Tevin is somehow growing on me too, I have loathed him since he dominated the previews leading up to the season. But the episode where he talked about his dad drew me and sometimes his over-the-top reactions are funny, like the "lord Jesus" he let out when Jeff mentioned cream cheese danishes. Cream cheese danishes is what would have tripped my trigger too, so his reaction was right on point. Tiffany is my dark horse favorite, she's very logical but personable and entertaining. And Q is definitely painting an enormous target on his own back with his loudness and bossiness, plus he's a big guy and perceived to be a challenge threat, he's the perfect shield to tuck under.
  7. Cause that's what Ryan needs, ANOTHER job. Kinda curious what drives him, he seems to have zero personal life and 8 million jobs and projects.
  8. Mo just completely miscalculated the move she needed to make, which I can understand. If you're by yourself with no one to bounce ideas off of, it can be tough to decide whether you're better off pretending to be part of a tight group or a free agent. She figured it out too late. Kind of ironic since she was targeted for seeming like a strategic threat. Venus definitely has potential to shake things up if she can keep herself in the game long enough, which seems like a crapshoot at this point. Agreed with everyone who dislikes the earn the merge thing. It would be a lot more interesting strategically to see how the 3 tribes tried to keep their majority numbers or gain a foothold (in the Purple tribe's case). A few sacrificial lambs on the chopping block doesn't move the needle much, strategically.
  9. I always think of the first episode and Lily marching that guy through the downpour when I hear Have You Ever Seen the Rain. And almost every Bruce Springsteen song used in 8 Years makes me think of the scenes from that episode.
  10. I'm very glad Ziggy is gone, I couldn't take that level of drama every week. I don't know what it was about Raghu that was off-putting to me, but something was. Well okay, I know her audition was kind of annoying how they put on the whole pretense that she just happened to give it another go while there to support her friend, but it also had the vibe of like, a person who got dumped and gets very fit and puts on a new persona to show that person who dumped them. Besides the weight loss, she just seemed like an entirely different person and not 100% comfortable in her new persona. Also, "I will survive" as your showstopper? That's a tired old karaoke cliche. Poor choice. KBlocks is interesting, but probably too off-beat to go far on this show. I can see why the judges liked her and I did too, but I'm not foreseeing a long run on this show. Right?? Actually, he was good in his audition clip, but that Showstoppers performance was entirely flat. They had done like 3 "you're in the top 24" in a row so I knew someone was going to have to get denied and he seemed like the ideal candidate to let go of. He has already been extremely successful in one area (making it to the pros in football) so he's not a sob story, heartstrings candidate and his last performance was legitimately bad. I was shocked that he got through. I really enjoyed that performance of Come Together and I agree that it lent itself very naturally to the style change up and fit the rasp in his voice. Doing the fakeout with the guy who's living in one room with 12 people was cruel. And Katy REALLY sold that one, I was shocked myself at first. However...the diamond encrusted watch, rings, necklace, glasses really clash with the tale of hard times. Like, maybe they're fakes, but I assume you'd want people to think they're real, so it still seems an odd choice if you're looking to garner sympathy for your plight. I can't remember the name of the 15 year old country singer who acts like he's 45, but I think I like him. I can't quite make up my mind on him, but I think I like him. He's definitely comfortable up there and I always appreciate that. It's hard to watch the stage fright types struggle through it.
  11. He's misreading the situation yet again, he seems utterly impervious to reality. And he can rearrange every interaction to make himself the victim and hero in his own mind.
  12. Yeah, the styling did no favors to Chloe Savigny's already not classically beautiful face and she doesn't remotely resemble the real CZ Guest. I found her performance overly mannered in a way that didn't quite fit.
  13. This is accurate. The thing is, she often had the right attitude, like wanting to confront things person-to-person rather than whispering behind backs, but she couldn't stop talking long enough to have an actual discussion. And in my experience, people who want to confront things that way don't understand that not everyone is that direct and that their directness can come across as aggressive. Doubly so if they can't stop talking over people. I thought this was a pretty good WTA, though I'd have preferred a full session of the girls fighting with each other vs rehashing some of the rejectees "journeys" with Joey. And at least Sydney admitted that she was annoying, perhaps there was a life lesson there. She was annoying on her own, but the edit really hammered that home. That had to be a tough mirror to look into.
  14. She should have chosen either different shoes or practiced walking in them a little more. Those long Bachelor camera scenes of people walking away are a staple and she was walking like a linebacker in a dress. Joey giving her such obvious clues gave her the time to compose herself. Since I don't really enjoy the scenes of someone gushing their feelings only to be shut down seconds later, I appreciated this approach. From an editing perspective, the season was a bit of a surprise, I didn't clock Kelsey until they were down to like 5 people. Daisy's story came through even with all of the Maria vs house drama that occupied so much time, but the most thought I gave to Kelsey was thinking that she and Lexi looked like sisters.
  15. I would take Joey's closed off reaction to the upcoming boots any day. I'll never forget the season where the guy (took me a solid 10 mins to locate his name in my brain space, but it was the Gabby/Rachel season) pulled out all the stops with each family and in every fantasy suite and had the exact same "I'm in love with you" vibe with every one of the final 3. That was cruel and no one could blame them for each thinking of course they were the one. Much kinder to give some kind of clues so they can prepare not to be chosen, he was able to convey it without breaking his contract. I don't think there was anyone at all who left completely blindsided, except maybe for that dummy Jess who tried to strong arm him into a 1-1 without realizing she didn't have the standing to do so, but that was on her.